JOLIET – A 19-year-old man was critically injured after being shot during a brawl between rival gangs outside a Joliet bar Sunday, police said.
Deputy Police Chief Ed Gregory said the incident occurred about 7 p.m. in the beer garden of Los Diaz Bar & Liquors, 674 Meeker Ave.
"Thirteen people got into a gang-related confrontation," Gregory said. "During the fight, one man was shot multiple times in the torso and head."
The victim underwent surgery at Silver Cross Hospital in New Lenox. According to reports, his injuries were considered "very life-threatening."
Gregory said officers were in the area when the shooting occurred and stopped a black Chevrolet Camaro and a red Chevrolet Monte Carlo nearby. Each vehicle allegedly contained three men who were involved in the incident.
Detectives contacted Aurora police about two other suspects. One was taken into custody and another, believed to be the shooter, was being sought for arrest Monday afternoon, Gregory said.
Arrested and booked into the Will County jail on charges of mob action and aggravated battery were:
• Serafin Castellanos, 35, of the 100 block of Eisenhower Drive in Oswego.
• Anthony Grant, 19, of the 1500 block of Galway Drive in Aurora.
• Arthur G. Jiminez, 27, of the 600 block of North Constitution Drive in Aurora.
• Robby L. Patton, 25, and Austin R. Runde, 26, both of the 1800 block of Lilac Lane in Aurora.
• Adrian Vega, 19, of the 300 block of South Spencer Street in Aurora.
• Marcos Briceno, 35, of the 600 block of Dover Street in Joliet.