Joliet workers to remove trees this weekend
JOLIET – Joliet’s Roadways Division will be in several subdivisions between 6:30 a.m. and 3:30 p.m. Saturday and Sunday, removing trees with emerald ash borer, according to a city news release.
Workers will be in the following subdivisions:
• Squires Mill;
• Courtyards of Woodside;
• Fall Creek;
• Caton Ridge;
• Pheasant Ridge;
• Caton Ridge West;
• Pleasant Knoll;
• Campus Courtyards;
• Springwood Townhomes.
Residents are asked to take vehicles off the street during the tree removal times and days, and proceed with caution while workers are present. The weekend work will include tree removal only. Crews will return at a later date to perform stump grinding.
Road and utility projects underway in Lockport
LOCKPORT – Several streets in Lockport currently are or soon will be under construction, according to a city news release.
Construction activities may block or impede travel through the project areas at times. The areas impacted are:
• MacGregor Road from Shoals to Treeline drives (underground utility and roadway improvements);
• North Street from MacGregor to Farrell roads (underground utility and roadway improvements);
• Ninth Street from Hamilton to Garfield streets (underground utility improvements);
• State Street from Daggett Street to Parkview Lane (underground utility improvements);
• 13th Street from Madison to Division streets (underground utility and roadway improvements);
• 14th Street from Washington to Jefferson streets (underground utility and roadway improvements);
• Washington Street from 13th to Division streets (underground utility and roadway improvements);
• Jefferson Street from 13th to Division streets (underground utility and roadway improvements).
For information, call Public Works Director Brent Cann at 815-838-0549, ext. 2313.
Expungement event to be held Monday in Joliet
JOLIET – An event titled “How to Expunge and/or Seal Eligible Criminal Records?” will be held 5 p.m. Monday at St. John Missionary Baptist Church, 104 E. Zarley Blvd. in Joliet, according to a news release.
A representative from the Office of the State Appellate Defender and volunteering attorneys will be on hand to discuss the laws regarding expungement and sealing, answer eligibility questions and assist with completing paperwork. The program is free.
Participants should bring copies of criminal records to the event. Records are available at the Will County Circuit Clerk’s Office, 14 W. Jefferson St. in Joliet.
Records are available at the Will County Circuit Clerk’s Office, 14 W. Jefferson St. in Joliet. For information, call 815-207-4659.
Joliet police to observe Distracted Driving Awareness Week
JOLIET – The Joliet Police Department has partnered with the Illinois Association of Chiefs of Police and AAA to participate in Distracted Driving Awareness Week, according to a city of Joliet news release.
The Joliet Police Department will conduct enforcement action from April 24 to April 28.