PLAINFIELD –Sixty Plainfield East High School World Language students earned national recognition for excellent performance on the 2017 National Spanish Examinations.
Ninety-five PEHS students from Spanish 3 Honors and Advanced Placement Spanish classes participated in this National Competition. Five earned Gold medals, 16 earned Silver medals; five earned Bronze medals; and 34 earned Honorable Mentions in Levels 3 and 4 on the rigorous exams.
The American Association of teachers of Spanish and Portuguese administers the National Spanish Examinations each year in sixth through 12th grades. About 157,000 students participated in this year’s National Spanish exams.
This year’s award winners are:
• Sophomores Samuel Garcia-Vidana, and Michelle Giron
• Juniors Abigail Angomas, and Nichole Chlibovytsch
• Senior Alexandra Kiszluk
• Sophomore Yaritza Reveles
• Juniors A’maiya Allen, Anthony Crawley, Cameron Erickson, Alicen Ford, Darlyne Hernandez, Citlaly Leanos, Nefthaly Salas, Emily Santiago, Jules Suarez, Victoria Trefry Graciana Trillo-Ruggles and Tahj Yearby;
• Seniors Dominic Culotta, Olivia Luca,and Gabriel Gandara
• Sophomore Andrea Moncada;
• Juniors Adriane Distor, Joshua Kayiwa and Tyler Krause;
• Senior Carlos Carranza.
• Sophomore Abel Godinez;
• Juniors Leslie Alonso, Nayeli Alvarez, Julio Berthalet, Gabriel Chutuape, Maria Fatima, Cristian Fear, Sophie Ghahtani, Srija Gogineni, Jose Gutierrez, Olivia Jenkins, Jacob Kerkstra, Samantha Llanes, Shivam Malhotra, Andrew Mankuna, Anthony Moreno, Magdalena Munoz, Cecilia Ohale, Amariah Reeves, Amberly Rodriguez, Christopher Santiago and Zachary Stutler;
• Seniors Hector Contreras, Shannon Coughlin, Julian Del Rosario, Ashley Dzimira, Joshua George, Carlos Giron, Mitchell Kiska, Jordan Miller, Julissa Miranda, Mohammed Shamsi, Alexandra Thill and Gowtham Yerneni.