• “Catholic Central” – New web series by Family Theater Productions in Hollywood offers entertaining and authoritative answers to questions about Catholic thought, spirituality and practice. The first collection of short videos was released Sept. 15 at
• Choir members wanted – For Mokena United Methodist Church. Choir practice is at 7:30 p.m., Mokena UMC, 10901 W. LaPorte Road, Mokena. Attend weekly practices Wednesdays and sing at 10:15 a.m. Sunday worship. Join anytime. Call the church office at 708-479-1110.
• Crafters and vendors sought – For Grace Bible Church/Minooka’s Craft & Vendor Show on Nov. 11. $20 a space. For registration and information, contact firstname.lastname@example.org or call 815-467-2100.
• Free mobile rosary app – Features a traditional rosary with soothing audio and text of each prayer. Each rosary can be dedicated to a cause or intention and shared on Facebook or Twitter so friends and family know you are praying for them. It also includes an inspirational Prayer of the Day. Available for download on iTunes and Google Play. For information, call 844-693-4201 or visit
• Grace United Methodist Church fall schedule – Worship services are at 8 a.m. and 10:30 a.m. Sunday School is at 9 a.m. Classes for ages 4 through high school and nursery for younger children. Adult classes include a discussion group, Bible study, Methodist awareness and a class for adults with special needs. Visitors and new members welcome. For information, call
815-725-7632. For Sunday School forms, email Michelle at email@example.com.
• Musical opportunities at United Methodist Church of New Lenox – Vocal choirs, bell choirs or praise team. Children, teens and adults. Rehearsals are Wednesday or Thursday evenings. Contact Mike Weirman about vocal and bell choirs and Tom Burns about the praise team. Call 815-485-8271.
• Sacraments – For children in third through eighth grade who haven’t received baptism, Holy Communion or reconciliation. For information, contact Nanci Smith of St. Mary Nativity at 815-726-4073 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
• Snow Removal for Seniors – The city of Joliet, working in conjunction with Redeemed Connection Ministries, will offer a program to assist with residential snow removal for Joliet senior citizens age 65 and older and Joliet residents with disabilities. For information, contact the Rev. Adrian Heath at
Rev.Heath1@gmail.com or 815-582-0703.
• 4th annual “Nite at the Races” –
Oct. 14, Gardner American Legion Hall, 426 Industry Ave., Gardner. Doors open at
6 p.m. First race begins at 7 p.m. $10 at door. 21 and older only. Proceeds benefit parish hall renovations at Immaculate Conception Church in Braidwood.
• Crafters and vendors sought for Holiday House Craft/Vendor Show – Nov. 18, Grace United Methodist Church, Joliet. Registration deadline is Nov. 10. For registration or information, email Michelle at email@example.com.
• Crafters and vendors sought for Red Sled Holiday Bazaar – Oct. 14, Channahon United Methodist Church. $25 a space. Registration deadline is Sept. 30. Registration forms at www.channahonumc.org. For information, call the church office at 815-467-5275 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
• Encuentro 2017: Inter-Lutheran
Hispanic Latino Ministry – Oct. 17 to
19, St. Timothy Lutheran Church, 2101 N. Kildare Ave., Chicago. $60 up to Sept. 29 and $75 after Sept. 29. Sponsored by St. Timothy ELCA, First and Santa Cruz Lutheran Parish, ELCA Bilingual Ministry Resource Center, Joliet, and Lutheran CORE. To register, contact the Rev. Keith Forni at 815-600-3030 or KeithLForni@gmail.com.
• Holy Hill Pilgrimage near Milwaukee, Wisconsin – 8 a.m. to 6 p.m. Oct. 14. Leave from St. John the Baptist Catholic Church, 404 N. Hickory St., Joliet. $55. Includes motor coach and breakfast at friary. Mass is at 11 a.m at shrine. Self-pay for lunch. For information, call Brother Ed Arambasich at 217-316-4335.
• Pastor Appreciation AHA Walk/Run/Bike – 10 a.m. to 1 p.m. Oct. 7, Family Bible Church, 92 Barney Drive, Joliet. Benefits American Heart Association in Pastor Sam Murphy’s name. For information, visit
• “Playing for Miracles” – Nov. 3, The Carlisle, 435 E. Butterfield Road, Lombard. The event, presented by Hollywood Casino Aurora & Joliet, features open bar, gourmet dining stations, charitable gaming and prizes. $125. Benefits Catholic Charities, Diocese of Joliet. To buy tickets, call 815-724-1140.
• Lunch and Learn – Noon to 1:30 p.m.; also Oct. 5, Joliet Jewish Congregation, 250 N. Midland Ave., Joliet. Torah study. $5. RSVP at 815-741-4600. Visit www.jolietjewishcongregation.com.
• Wildside – 6 to 7:30 p.m. (seventh and eighth grade) and 7 to 8:30 p.m. (high school); also Oct. 5, United Methodist Church of New Lenox, 339 W. Haven Ave., New Lenox. Food, fun and fellowship. Grades three to six. For information, call
• “The Center” – 6:30 to 9 p.m.; also
Oct. 5, The Hub, 1303 Schoolhouse Road,
No. 3, New Lenox. Free food, games, hang time, music and inspirational talk for teens.
On Sept. 28, Jenn Quinn will speak on “The Road Less Traveled.” For information, call 815-474-2569, email email@example.com or visit www.thecenteryouth.org, or facebook.com/cycteennight.
• Family night – 6:45 to 8 p.m., Crystal Lawns Church of the Nazarene, 2424 Caton Farm Road, Joliet. For information,
• Fall Youth Rummage Sale – 9 a.m. to
4 p.m.; also 9 a.m. to noon Sept. 30, Our Savior Lutheran Church, 1910 Black Road, Joliet. For information, call 815-725-1606.
• Women’s Bible Study – 9:30 a.m., United Methodist Church, 339 W. Haven Ave., New Lenox. For information, call
• Living Rosary – 10 a.m., Cathedral of St. Raymond, Joliet. Each child in the fourth and fifth grade will represent one bead of the rosary. Public invited.
• Fish fry – 11 a.m. to 9 p.m., Knights of Columbus Council 4400, 1813 Cass St., Joliet. Fish, chicken and shrimp. Carryout. Call
• Bingo – Doors open at 4 p.m. Cards begin at 6 p.m., St. Mary Nativity School, 702 N. Broadway St., Joliet.
• DeepLove Live Simulcast – 6:30 p.m., First Presbyterian Church, 805 Western Ave., Joliet. Featuring New York Times best-selling authors, Drs. Les and Leslie Parrott, experienced marital counselors and seminar leaders. For information, call 815-727-9259.
• Kol Nidre – 6:15 p.m., Joliet Jewish Congregation, 250 N. Midland Ave., Joliet. For information, visit www.jolietjewishcongregation.com.
• Community blood drive – 7:30 a.m. to noon, St. Ann Catholic Church, 24500 S. Navajo Drive, Channahon. Walk-ins welcome. For appointments, visit Heartlandbc.org. For information, email KnightsBloodDrive@gmail.com.
• Yom Kippur – 9 a.m., Joliet Jewish Congregation, 250 N. Midland Ave., Joliet. Baby-sitting available from 9 a.m. to noon. For information, call 815-741-4600 or visit
• Confession – 3:30 to 4:15 p.m., St. Patrick’s Catholic Church, 710 W. Marion St., Joliet. For information, call 815-727-4746.
• Fish fry – 4 to 8 p.m., Knights of Columbus Council 4400, 1813 E. Cass St., Joliet. Carryout. Call 815-723-3827.
• Oktoberfest of St. Edward’s and Christ Episcopal Church – 4 to 8 p.m., 2400 Grove Road (formerly 10422, check out both on your GPS), one quarter-mile north of Caton Farm Road, Joliet. Brats, homemade sauerkraut, German potato salad, hot dogs, soft drinks and s’mores at the fire pit. Silent auction and children’s activities. Free admission. For information, call 815-725-6800.
• 2nd annual Pints and Pork Challenge – 5 to 9 p.m., St. Joseph’s Parish, 255 W. North St., Manhattan. Craft breweries and barbecue. Attendees sample and vote on favorites. Bags, 50/50 raffle, bonfire pits and music by acoustic singer/songwriter Casey Moss. $40 in advance and $45 at the door. Benefits St. Joseph Parish. For tickets and information, visit www.PintsandPork.com.
• Experience Youth Group – Worship is at 8:45 a.m. Discussion is from 10:20 a.m., United Methodist Church, 339 W. Haven Ave., New Lenox. Meet in narthex. For information, call 815-485-8271.
• Rosary for the Holy Souls in Purgatory – 9:40 a.m., St. Mary Nativity Church, 706 N. Broadway St., Joliet.
• Sunday School – 10 a.m., Joliet Jewish Congregation, 250 N. Midland Ave., Joliet. Call 815-741-4600 or visit www.jolietjewishcongregation.com.
• Healing Prayer Service – 1:30 p.m., St. Mary Immaculate Parish, 15629 S. Route 59, Plainfield. For information, call 815-436-2651.
• Encounter Worship Night – 6 p.m., Thrive Church, Taft School auditorium,
1605 S. Washington St., Lockport.
• Chapel Bible study – 7 p.m., United Methodist Church of New Lenox, 339 W. Haven Ave., New Lenox. New members encouraged. For current topic and information, call 815-485-8271.
• Michael Johnston’s Bible Study Group – 7 p.m., United Methodist Church, 339 W. Haven Ave., New Lenox. For current topic and information, call 815-485-8271.
• Bible study – 9:30 a.m., St. Mary Nativity, Nativity Room, 706 N. Broadway St., Joliet. Book of Genesis. For information, call Denise Adelmann at 815-838-0337.
• DivorceCare – 6:30 p.m., United Methodist Church in New Lenox. For those going through or struggling with divorce. This is a Bible-based support group that uses both videos and discussion. For information, call 815-485-8271.
• Three Rivers Gardening Angels –
7 p.m., Channahon United Methodist Church, 24751 W. Eames St., Channahon. A guest speaker from the Audubon Society will discuss “Backyard Birds.” Guests and new members welcome. Refreshments served.
• Confession – 3 to 4 p.m. and 7:30 p.m., St. Patrick’s Catholic Church, 710 W. Marion St., Joliet. For information, call 815-727-4746.
• AWANA – 6:15 p.m., Parker Road Bible Church, 18512 Parker Road, Mokena. Kids learn Bible verses, sing songs and play games. For information, call 708-463-1125.
• Creation Retreat at Starved Rock: Centered on St. Francis of Assisi – 9 a.m. Leave from St. John the Baptist Catholic Church, 404 N. Hickory St., Joliet. $35. Includes motor coach and breakfast. Self-pay for lunch. For information, call Brother Ed at 217-316-4335.
• Sukkoth – 9 a.m.; Also Oct. 6, Oct. 12 and Oct. 13, Joliet Jewish Congregation, 250 N. Midland Ave., Joliet. For information, call 815-741-4600 or visit www.jolietjewishcongregation.com.