• Pet Supply Donation Drive – Sunday to Oct. 31, Shorewood-Troy Public Library, 650 Deerwood Drive, Shorewood. Unopened dog/cat food, litter, blankets, paper towels, etc. are needed. Benefits Will County Humane Society. For a complete list of supplies needed, visit For a complete list of requested supplies, visit willcountyhumane.com.
• The Forest Preserve District of Will County dog parks – Forked Creek Preserve, Ballou Road Access, Wilmington; Hammel Woods, DuPage River Access, Shorewood; Lower Rock Run Preserve, McClintock Road Access, Joliet; Messenger Marshl Homer Glen; Whalon Lake, Naperville. Permit required. For information, visit www.reconnectwithnature.org.
• Yappetizers – Public Landing Restaurant, 200 W. 8th St., Lockport. Available seasonally on outdoor patio. Dog-friendly entrees served in a Public Landing collectible Frisbee. Reservations required when bringing a dog. Dogs not allowed inside restaurant. For information, call 815-838-6500 or visit www.publiclandingrestaurant.com.
• Yearlong Food Drive for Will County Humane Society – 8 a.m. to 6 p.m. Monday through Friday, VCA Animal Hospital, 220 N. Hammes Ave., Joliet. Donations of food, toys and treats will be accepted. For information, call 729-0770. These and other items, along with monetary donations, may be delivered to WCHS, 24109 W. Seil Road, Shorewood. Shelter open from noon to 5 p.m. Tuesday, Thursday, Saturday and Sunday. Call 815-741-0695 or visit willcountyhumane.com.
• Affordable Pet Vaccines – 5 to 8 p.m., Karen’s Grooming and Boarding, 309 Republic Ave., Joliet. For information, call 630-961-8000 or visit www.spayillinois.org.
• Buffalo Wild Wings Fundraiser Night – Buffalo Wild Wings, 1023 Brook Forest Ave., Joliet. Enjoy some great food for lunch or dinner and Hopeful Tails Animal Rescue in Joliet will receive 10 percent of your total. Proceeds will be used for veterinary expenses for dogs with special medical needs. Please print and bring the flyer or show it on your phone to your server. Flyer is on Hopeful Tail’s Facebook events page.
• Tail Waggin’ Tutors – Coal City Public Library, 85 N. Garfield St., Coal City. Does your child love dogs? Does your child want or need to practice their reading skills? If you answered yes to either of these questions, then we have the program for you. Kindergarten through third grade and third to fifth grade. To schedule a time, contact Rene Norris at 815-634-4552 rxt. 110 or email@example.com.
• Remember Me Thursday – 6:30 to 7:30 p.m., NAWS Humane Society of Illinois, 9981 W 190th St. Ste A, Mokena. Now going into its fifth year, Remember Me Thursday aims to unite individuals and pet adoption organizations around the world to be an unstoppable, integrated voice for orphan pets in need of forever homes. For information, visit www.nawsus.org.
• Magoo’s Life Saving Event – 1 to 6 p.m., Double “J” Sports Bar, 1001 Essington Road, Joliet. $5 at door. $5 build-your-own-nachos. $25 bags tournament. Adoptable dogs. DJ Backflash. To donate, visit www.youcaring.com/mrmagoo-903184.
• “DIY Doggone Fun!” program – 6 to 8 p.m., White Oak Library, Lockport Branch, 121 E. 8th St., Lockport. Make healthy dog treats, dog photo buttons, and a fun sign. Bring photo of your dogs. Registration required. Visit www.whiteoaklibrary.org or call 815-552-4260.