• Pet Supply Donation Drive – Sunday to Oct. 31, Shorewood-Troy Public Library, 650 Deerwood Drive, Shorewood. Unopened dog/cat food, litter, blankets, paper towels, etc. are needed. Benefits Will County Humane Society. For a complete list of supplies needed, visit willcountyhumane.com.
• Spay and Neuter Discounts for Will County pets – Through October, The Pet Well Clinic, 2765 Maple Ave., Lisle. Through a partnership with Will County Animal Control. Also low-cost rabies vaccinations and tags. Up to two pets a household. For information and appointments, call 630-961-8000. For information, visit www.spayillinois.
• The Forest Preserve District of Will County dog parks – Forked Creek Preserve, Ballou Road Access, Wilmington; Hammel Woods, DuPage River Access, Shorewood; Lower Rock Run Preserve, McClintock Road Access, Joliet; Messenger Marshl Homer Glen; Whalon Lake, Naperville. Permit-required. For information, visit www.reconnectwithnature.org.
• Yappetizers – Public Landing Restaurant, 200 W. 8th St., Lockport. Available seasonally on outdoor patio. Dog-friendly entrees served in a Public Landing collectible Frisbee. Reservations required when bringing a dog. Dogs not allowed inside restaurant. For information, call 815-838-6500 or visit www.publiclandingrestaurant.com.
• Yearlong Food Drive for Will County Humane Society – 8 a.m. to 6 p.m. Monday through Friday, VCA Animal Hospital, 220 N. Hammes Ave., Joliet. Donations of food, toys and treats will be accepted. For information, call 729-0770. These and other items, along with monetary donations, may be delivered to WCHS, 24109 W. Seil Road, Shorewood. Shelter open from noon to 5 p.m. Tuesday, Thursday, Saturday and Sunday. Call 815-741-0695 or visit willcountyhumane.com.
• “DIY Doggone Fun!” program –
6 to 8 p.m., White Oak Library, Lockport Branch, 121 E. 8th St., Lockport. Make healthy dog treats, dog photo buttons and a fun sign. Bring photo of your dogs. Registration required. Visit www.whiteoaklibrary.org or call 815-552-4260.
• Three Rivers Gardening Angels –
7 p.m., Channahon United Methodist Church, 24751 W. Eames St., Channahon. A guest speaker from the Audubon Society will discuss “Backyard Birds.” Guests and new members welcome. Refreshments served.
• St. Francis Pet Blessing of Animals – 4 to 6 p.m., Siegel’s Cottonwood Farm, 17250 S. Weber Road, Lockport. All pets, and their pet parents, are welcome to come out for a special blessing. For information, visit www.OurPumpkinFarm.com.
• Painted NAWS – 4 to 7 p.m., The Painted Turtle, 17459 Oak Park Ave., Tinley Park. Art work created by individuals with disabilities will be for sale, and N.A.W.S. in Mokena will bring cats and dogs available for adoption. Raffles and refreshments. For information, visit nawsus.org.
• Volunteer Orientation – 10 to 11 a.m., Joliet Township Animal Control, 2807 McDonough St., Joliet. All new volunteers must attend a volunteer orientation, where we will go through the necessary paperwork, have a tour of the facility, go through policies and safety procedures and have a Q&A session. For information, call 815-725-0333 or email email@example.com.