• “Catholic Central” – New web series by Family Theater Productions in Hollywood offers entertaining and authoritative answers to questions about Catholic thought, spirituality and practice. The first collection of short videos was released Sept. 15 at www.FamilyTheater.org.
• Choir members wanted – For Mokena United Methodist Church. Choir practice is at 7:30 p.m., Mokena UMC, 10901 W. LaPorte Road, Mokena. Attend weekly practices Wednesdays and sing at 10:15 a.m. Sunday worship. Join anytime. Call the church office at 708-479-1110.
• Grace United Methodist Church fall schedule – Worship services are at 8 a.m. and 10:30 a.m. Sunday School is at 9 a.m. Classes for ages 4 through high school and nursery for younger children. Adult classes include a discussion group, Bible study, Methodist awareness and a class for adults with special needs. Visitors and new members welcome. For information, call 815-725-7632. For Sunday School forms, email Michelle at email@example.com.
• Joliet Catholic Academy offers Leveraged Financial Aid Program – For information, visit www.jca-online.org or attend an open house from 10 a.m. to 2 p.m. Oct. 29 or 6 to 8 p.m. Nov. 9. Learn about Leveraged Financial Aid via video at www.youtube.com/watch?v=RjvIhXkGDHk&t=9s.
• Musical opportunities at United Methodist Church of New Lenox – Vocal choirs, bell choirs or praise team. Children, teens and adults. Rehearsals are Wednesday or Thursday evenings. Contact Mike Weirman about vocal and bell choirs and Tom Burns about the praise team. Call 815-485-8271.
• Snow Removal for Seniors – The city of Joliet, working with Redeemed Connection Ministries, will offer a program to assist with residential snow removal for Joliet senior citizens age 65 and older and Joliet residents with disabilities. For information, contact the Rev. Adrian Heath at Rev.Heath1@gmail.com or 815-582-0703.
• 4th annual “Nite at the Races” –
Oct. 14, Gardner American Legion Hall,
426 Industry Ave., Gardner. Doors open at 6 p.m. First race begins at 7 p.m. $10 at door. 21 and older only. Proceeds benefit parish hall renovations at Immaculate Conception Church in Braidwood.
• Crafters and vendors sought for Red Sled Holiday Bazaar – Oct. 14, Channahon United Methodist Church. $25 a space. Registration forms at www.channahonumc.org. For information, call the church at 815-467-5275 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
• Encuentro 2017: Inter-Lutheran Hispanic Latino Ministry – Oct. 17 to 19, St. Timothy Lutheran Church, 2101 N. Kildare Ave., Chicago. $75. Sponsored by St. Timothy ELCA, First and Santa Cruz Lutheran Parish, ELCA Bilingual Ministry Resource Center, Joliet, and Lutheran CORE. To register, contact the Rev. Keith Forni at 815-600-3030 or KeithLForni@gmail.com.
• Feed My Starving Children Mobile Pack Event – Nov. 3 and Nov. 4, First Presbyterian Church, 805 Western Ave., Joliet. Available shifts: 6 to 8 p.m. Nov. 3; and 9:30 to 11:30 a.m., 12:30 to 2:30 p.m. and 3 to 5 p.m. Nov. 4. To sign up and for information, visit www.firstpresjoliet.org or call 815-727-9259
• Holy Hill Pilgrimage near Milwaukee –
8 a.m. to 6 p.m. Oct. 14. Leave from St. John the Baptist Catholic Church, 404 N. Hickory St., Joliet. $55. Includes motor coach and breakfast at friary. Mass is at 11 a.m at shrine. Self-pay for lunch. For information, call Brother Ed Arambasich at 217-316-4335.
• New Life for Haiti 12th annual Gala –
6 to 10 p.m. Oct. 14, Benedictine University, Daniel L. Goodwin Hall of Business, Lisle. Chef-inspired small plates, cocktails, live music, raffles, live auction, short program, desserts and coffee. Music by Zazz, a jazz combo with a Latin groove. $75. New Life for Haiti is a 501(c)3 charity. For tickets, text GALATIX to 51555 or visit www.newlifeforhaiti.org/gala-2017.html or app.mobilecause.com/form/XQPfGA.
• “Playing for Miracles” – Nov. 3, The Carlisle, 435 E. Butterfield Road, Lombard. The event, presented by Hollywood Casino Aurora and Joliet, features open bar, gourmet dining stations, charitable gaming and prizes. $125. Benefits Catholic Charities, Diocese of Joliet. To buy tickets, call 815-724-1140.
• Fall rummage sale – 8 a.m. to 2 p.m.; also Oct. 6, St. Joseph’s Church of Rockdale,
1329 Belleview Ave., Rockdale. For information, call 815-729-3205 or email email@example.com.
• Creation Retreat at Starved Rock: Centered on St. Francis of Assisi – 9 a.m. Leave from St. John the Baptist Catholic Church,
404 N. Hickory St., Joliet. $35. Includes motor coach and breakfast. Self-pay for lunch. For information, call Brother Ed at 217-316-4335.
• Sukkoth – 9 a.m.; also Oct. 6, Oct. 12 and Oct. 13, Joliet Jewish Congregation, 250 N. Midland Ave., Joliet. For information, call 815-741-4600 or visit www.jolietjewishcongregation.com.
• Council of Catholic Women – 1 p.m., St. Mary Immaculate Church, Faith Sharing Room, 15629 S. Route 59, Plainfield. Presenter: Laura Ann Lies, St. Mary Immaculate Parish’s certified spiritual director. Topic: “The Road Back to You: An Enneagram (quick) Journey to Self-Discovery.” For information, call 815-436-2651 or visit www.smip.org.
• Wildside – 6 to 7:30 p.m. (seventh and eighth grade) and 7 to 8:30 p.m. (high school); also Oct. 12, United Methodist Church of New Lenox, 339 W. Haven Ave., New Lenox. Food, fun and fellowship. Grades three to six. For information, call 815-485-8271.
• “The Center” – 6:30 to 9 p.m.; also Oct. 12, The Hub, 1303 Schoolhouse Road, No. 3, New Lenox. Free food, games, hang time, music and inspirational talk for teens. For information, call 815-474-2569, email firstname.lastname@example.org or visit www.thecenteryouth.org, or facebook.com/cycteennight.
• Family night – 6:45 to 8 p.m.; also Oct. 12, Crystal Lawns Church of the Nazarene, 2424 Caton Farm Road, Joliet. For information, call 815-436-3380.
• Women’s Bible Study – 9:30 a.m., United Methodist Church, 339 W. Haven Ave., New Lenox. For information, call 815-485-8271.
• Fish fry – 11 a.m. to 9 p.m., Knights of Columbus Council 4400, 1813 Cass St., Joliet. Fish, chicken and shrimp. Carryout. Call
• Bingo – Doors open at 4 p.m. Cards begin at 6 p.m., St. Mary Nativity School, 702 N. Broadway St., Joliet.
• First Saturday Devotion/Rosary – After 7:30 a.m. Mass, St. Mary Immaculate Parish, 15629 S. Route 59, Plainfield. For information, call 815-436-2651.
• First Saturday Devotion Prayers –
9 a.m., Church of St. Jude, 2212 McDonough St., Joliet. All welcome.
• Pastor Appreciation AHA Walk/Run/Bike – 10 a.m. to 1 p.m. Family Bible Church, 92 Barney Drive, Joliet. Benefits American Heart Association in Pastor Sam Murphy’s name. For information, visit www.fbcjoliet.org/race-registration.html.
• Confession – 3:30 to 4:15 p.m., St. Patrick’s Catholic Church, 710 W. Marion St., Joliet. For information, call 815-727-4746.
• Fish fry – 4 to 8 p.m., Knights of Columbus Council 4400, 1813 E. Cass St., Joliet. Carryout. Call 815-723-3827.
• Samaritan’s Purse/Operation Christmas Child Recipient Jaki Steward – 5:30 p.m., Our Savior Lutheran Church, 1910 Black Road, Joliet. Steward will share her story of hope to Joliet residents and volunteers who are working to collect more than 24,000 gifts for the project this year. Public invited.
• Experience Youth Group – Worship is at 8:45 a.m. Discussion is at 10:20 a.m., United Methodist Church, 339 W. Haven Ave., New Lenox. Meet in narthex. For information, call 815-485-8271.
• Rosary for the Holy Souls in Purgatory – 9:40 a.m., St. Mary Nativity Church, 706 N. Broadway St., Joliet.
• Sunday School – 10 a.m., Joliet Jewish Congregation, 250 N. Midland Ave., Joliet. Call 815-741-4600 or visit www.jolietjewishcongregation.com.
• Chapel Bible study – 7 p.m., United Methodist Church of New Lenox, 339 W. Haven Ave., New Lenox. New members encouraged. For topic and information, call 815-485-8271.
• Fall Revival – 7 p.m. Each night through Oct. 11, Mount Moriah Baptist Church,
1503 Arthur Ave., Joliet. Evangelist: Pastor Dr. Carsie Barnes III from Antioch Baptist Church, Chicago. Public invited.
• Michael Johnston’s Bible Study Group –
7 p.m., United Methodist Church, 339 W. Haven Ave., New Lenox. For current topic and information, call 815-485-8271.
• Bible study – 9:30 a.m., St. Mary Nativity, Nativity Room, 706 N. Broadway St., Joliet. Book of Genesis. For information, call Denise Adelmann at 815-838-0337.
• “Grandma ‘Friended’ Me on Facebook? Making Sense of Social Media” – Doors open at 6 p.m. Program begins at 6:30 p.m., Joliet Catholic Academy, 1200 N. Larkin Ave., Joliet. Hosted by JCA and the Notre Dame Club of Joliet. Presenter: Associate Professor Corey Angst, University of Notre Dame Department of Management of the Mendoza College of Business. Free. For information, contact David LaBarre at 708-912-0447 or email@example.com.
• DivorceCare – 6:30 p.m., United Methodist Church in New Lenox. For those going through or struggling with divorce. This is a Bible-based support group that uses both videos and discussion. For information, call 815-485-8271.
• Employment Ministry Roundtable –
6:30 to 9 p.m., St. Mary Immaculate Parish, 15629 S. Route 59, Plainfield. Brainstorm with experienced hiring managers, job coaches and fellow job seekers. Bring copies of handbill or resume. Casual dress. For information, visitjobs4people.org, call 815-727-4444 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
• Rummage Sale – 9 a.m. to 7 p.m.; also
9 a.m. to 5 p.m.; Oct. 12, First United Methodist Church, 118 W. Jackson St., Morris. For information, email email@example.com.
• Confession – 3 to 4 p.m. and 7:30 p.m., St. Patrick’s Catholic Church, 710 W. Marion St., Joliet. For information, call 815-727-4746.
• AWANA – 6:15 p.m., Parker Road Bible Church, 18512 Parker Road, Mokena. Kids learn Bible verses, sing songs and play games. For information, call 708-463-1125.
• Junior and Senior High Small Group –
6 to 7:30 p.m., Channahon United Methodist Church, 24751 W. Eames St., Channahon. Fellowship followed by discussion on topics of living a Christian life as a teen and into adulthood. Grades six to 12. For information, call 815-467-5275 or visit www.channahonumc.org.
• Kidz Club – 6:30 to 7:30 p.m., Channahon United Methodist Church, 24751 W. Eames St., Channahon. Learn Christian values through music, art, science, storytelling, drama, games, cooking and videos, along with a light snack. Ages preschool through fifth grade. For information, call 815-467-5275 or visit
• Catholic Man Night – 6:30 p.m., St. Mary Immaculate Church, 15629 S. Route 59, Plainfield. Presenters: the Rev. Pat Mulcahy and the Rev. Burke Masters. For information, call 815-436-2651 or visit www.smip.org.
• The Rev. John Kartje – 7 p.m., Cathedral of St. Raymond, 604 N. Raymond Ave., Joliet. Kartje, rector of Mundelein Seminary and an astrophysicist, will speak on the relationship between faith and science. For information, call 815-722-6653.