• “Catholic Central” – New web series by Family Theater Productions in Hollywood offers entertaining and authoritative answers to questions about Catholic thought, spirituality and practice. The first collection of short videos was released Sept. 15 at
• Choir members wanted – For Mokena United Methodist Church. Choir practice is at 7:30 p.m., Mokena UMC, 10901 W. LaPorte Road, Mokena. Attend weekly practices Wednesdays and sing at 10:15 a.m. Sunday worship. Join anytime. Call the church office at 708-479-1110.
• Grace United Methodist Church fall schedule – Worship services are at 8 a.m. and 10:30 a.m. Sunday School is at 9 a.m. Classes for ages 4 through high school and nursery for younger children. Adult classes include a discussion group, Bible study, Methodist awareness and a class for adults with special needs. Visitors and new members welcome. For information, call
815-725-7632. For Sunday School forms, email Michelle at email@example.com.
• Joliet Catholic Academy offers Leveraged Financial Aid Program – For information, visit www.jca-online.org or attend an open house from 10 a.m. to 2 p.m. Oct. 29 or 6 to 8 p.m. Nov. 9. Learn about Leveraged Financial Aid via video at www.youtube.com/watch?v=RjvIhXkGDHk&t=9s.
• Musical opportunities at United Methodist Church of New Lenox – Vocal choirs, bell choirs or praise team. Children, teens and adults. Rehearsals are Wednesday or Thursday evenings. Contact Mike Weirman about vocal and bell choirs and Tom Burns about the praise team. Call 815-485-8271.
• Snow Removal for Seniors – The city of Joliet, working with Redeemed Connection Ministries, will offer a program to assist with residential snow removal for Joliet senior citizens age 65 and older and Joliet residents with disabilities. For information, contact the the Rev. Adrian Heath at Rev.Heath1@gmail.com or 815-582-0703.
• Annual Thanksgiving Basket Giveaway – 6:30 p.m. Nov. 20, Glory Internatioinal Harvest Church, 28 E. Fourth Ave., Joliet. Deadline for a basket is Nov. 15. For information, call Sis Suzette at 815-409-3073.
• Feed My Starving Children Mobile Pack Event – Nov. 3 and Nov. 4, First Presbyterian Church, 805 Western Ave., Joliet. Available shifts: 6 to 8 p.m. Nov. 3; and 9:30 to 11:30 a.m., 12:30 to 2:30 p.m. and 3 to
5 p.m. Nov. 4. To sign up and for information, visit www.firstpresjoliet.org or call 815-727-9259.
• “Playing for Miracles” – Nov. 3, The Carlisle, 435 E. Butterfield Road, Lombard. The event, presented by Hollywood Casino Aurora and Joliet, features open bar, gourmet dining stations, charitable gaming and prizes. $125. Benefits Catholic Charities, Diocese of Joliet. To buy tickets, call
• Sukkoth – 9 a.m.; also Oct. 13, Joliet Jewish Congregation, 250 N. Midland Ave., Joliet. For information, call 815-741-4600 or visit www.jolietjewishcongregation.com.
• Wildside – 6 to 7:30 p.m. (seventh and eighth grade) and 7 to 8:30 p.m. (high school), United Methodist Church of New Lenox, 339 W. Haven Ave., New Lenox. Food, fun and fellowship. Grades three to six. For information, call 815-485-8271.
• Catholic Man Night – 6:30 p.m., St. Mary Immaculate Church, 15629 S. Route 59, Plainfield. Presenters: the Rev. Pat Mulcahy and the Rev. Burke Masters. For information, call 815-436-2651 or visit www.smip.org.
• “The Center” – 6:30 to 9 p.m.; also Oct. 19, The Hub, 1303 Schoolhouse Road, No. 3, New Lenox. Free food, games, hang time, music and inspirational talk for teens. For information, call 815-474-2569, email firstname.lastname@example.org or visit www.thecenteryouth.org, or facebook.com/cycteennight.
• Family night – 6:45 to 8 p.m.; also Oct. 19, Crystal Lawns Church of the Nazarene, 2424 Caton Farm Road, Joliet. For information, call 815-436-3380.
• The Rev. John Kartje – 7 p.m., Cathedral of St. Raymond, 604 N. Raymond Ave., Joliet. Kartje, rector of Mundelein Seminary and an astrophysicist, will speak on the relationship between faith and science. For information, call 815-722-6653.
• Gently Used Clothing Sale – 9 a.m. to
5 p.m.; also 9 a.m. to 1 p.m. Oct. 14, First United Methodist Church, 1000 S. Washington, Lockport. For information, call 815-838-1017.
• Women’s Bible Study – 9:30 a.m., United Methodist Church, 339 W. Haven Ave., New Lenox. For information, call 815-485-8271.
• Fish fry – 11 a.m. to 9 p.m., Knights of Columbus Council 4400, 1813 Cass St., Joliet. Fish, chicken and shrimp. Carryout. Call
• Spirituality Series: Three Keys to Enduring with Pastor Timothy Lane – 12:30 to 1:30 p.m., The Cancer Support Center, 19657 S. LaGrange Road, Mokena. Cancer survivors often can’t move forward. Lane, a pastor, author, teacher and therapist, will share his story and offer tips to overcome depression and grief. Includes discussion. All faiths welcome. To register, call 708-478-3529 or visit www.CancerSupportCenter.org.
• Bingo – Doors open at 4 p.m. Cards begin at 6 p.m., St. Mary Nativity School, 702 N. Broadway St., Joliet.
• Evening of Prayer and Consecration to Our Lady of Fatima – Vespers at 6 p.m., St. Paul the Apostle Catholic Church in Joliet. Rosary and candelight procession to St. Jude Catholic Church in Joliet. 7:30 p.m. Mass with consecration to the Immaculate Heart of Mary.
• Cub Scout Pack 480 Pancake Breakfast – 8 to 11 a.m., First Presbyterian Church, Morris.
• Holy Hill Pilgrimage near Milwaukee – 8 a.m. to 6 p.m. Leave from St. John the Baptist Catholic Church, 404 N. Hickory St., Joliet. $55. Includes motor coach and breakfast at friary. Mass is at 11 a.m at shrine. Self-pay for lunch. For information, call Brother Ed Arambasich at 217-316-4335.
• Free Pancake Breakfast – 8:30 to
11 a.m., Hope United Methodist Church, 2506 Caton Farm Road, Joliet. Breakfast will include pancakes, scrambled eggs, sausage and juice. Free-will offerings accepted. For information, call 815-436-2009.
• 9th annual Craft and Vendor Fair –
9 a.m. to 3 p.m., Trinity Lutheran Church, 508 N. Cedar Road, New Lenox. For information, visit www.trinitynewlenox.org.
• Red Sled Holiday Bazaar – 9 a.m. to
2 p.m., Channahon United Methodist Church, 24751 W. Eames St., Channahon. Many vendors and crafters. $2 admission. Benefits missions and church general fund. For information, contact email@example.com or 815-467-5275.
• Triskele Trade Craft Show – 10 a.m. to 5 p.m., Universalist Unitarian Church of Joliet, 3401 W. Jefferson St., Joliet. Vendors accepted through Oct. 13. Contact Jenna at 630-699-5937 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
• Public Square Rosary Rally – Noon, St. Jude Catholic Church, 2212 McDonough St., Joliet. Commemoration of the 100th anniversary of the Fatima apparition. Bring a friend and a lawn chair.
• America Needs Fatima Rosary Rally – Noon, Our Lady of Angels Retirement Home front lawn, 1201 Wyoming Ave., Joliet. Bring own chair, water and rosary. For informatin, call 815 641 2177 .
• Confession – 3:30 to 4:15 p.m., St. Patrick’s Catholic Church, 710 W. Marion St., Joliet. For information, call 815-727-4746.
• Fish fry – 4 to 8 p.m., Knights of Columbus Council 4400, 1813 E. Cass St., Joliet. Carryout. Call 815-723-3827.
• 4th annual “Nite at the Races” – Gardner American Legion Hall, 426 Industry Ave., Gardner. Doors open at 6 p.m. First race begins at 7 p.m. $10 at door. 21 and older only. Proceeds benefit parish hall renovations at Immaculate Conception Church in Braidwood.
• New Life for Haiti 12th annual Gala –
6 to 10 p.m., Benedictine University, Daniel L. Goodwin Hall of Business, Lisle. Chef-inspired small plates, cocktails, live music, raffles, live auction, short program, desserts and coffee. Music by Zazz, a jazz combo with a Latin groove. $75. New Life for Haiti is a 501(c)3 charity. For tickets, text GALATIX to 51555 or visit www.newlifeforhaiti.org/gala-2017.html or app.mobilecause.com/form/XQPfGA.
• Celebration of Mission – 6:30 p.m., First Presbyterian Church, 805 Western Ave., Joliet. Celebrating local and world missions, such as Habitat for Humanity, Will-Grundy Medical Clinic, CAPA and Feed My Starving Children with jazz music by the Matthew Miller Band. For information, visit www.firstpresjoliet.org or call 815-727-9259.
• Experience Youth Group – Worship is at 8:45 a.m. Discussion is at 10:20 a.m., United Methodist Church, 339 W. Haven Ave., New Lenox. Meet in narthex. For information, call 815-485-8271.
• Rosary for the Holy Souls in Purgatory – 9:40 a.m., St. Mary Nativity Church, 706 N. Broadway St., Joliet.
• Sunday School – 10 a.m., Joliet Jewish Congregation, 250 N. Midland Ave., Joliet. Call 815-741-4600 or visit www.jolietjewishcongregation.com.
• Spaghetti dinner – Noon to 2 p.m., Channahon United Methodist Church, 24751 W. Eames St., Channahon. A free-will offering. Benefits church mission projects. Carryouts available. For information, call the church office at 815-467-5275 or visit www.channahonumc.org.
• Cathedral Music Series – 2:30 p.m., Cathedral of St. Raymond, 604 N. Raynor Ave., Joliet. Guest organist David Jonies will present an organ recital of works by Guilmant, Handel, Saint-Saëns, and Widor on the cathedral’s Wicks pipe organ. Free-will offering benefits cathedral music program. For information, contact the music office at 815-722-6653, ext. 222, or email@example.com, or visit www.straymond.net.
• Take Back the Night – 4:30 p.m., St. John Lutheran Church, 2650 Plainfield Road, Joliet. Speaker: Cassandra Ma, executive director of Reclaim 13, a nonprofit organization that works to prevent sexual abuse and exploitation of children and bring healing to survivors. Bring nonperishable items and gas cards for local domestic violence abuse shelters. For information, visit WillTBTN.com.
• Chapel Bible study – 7 p.m., United Methodist Church of New Lenox, 339 W. Haven Ave., New Lenox. New members encouraged. For topic and information, call 815-485-8271.
• Michael Johnston’s Bible Study Group – 7 p.m., United Methodist Church, 339 W. Haven Ave., New Lenox. For current topic and information, call 815-485-8271.
• Encuentro 2017: Inter-Lutheran Hispanic Latino Ministry – Oct. 17 to 19, St. Timothy Lutheran Church, 2101 N. Kildare Ave., Chicago. $75. Sponsored by St. Timothy ELCA, First and Santa Cruz Lutheran Parish, ELCA Bilingual Ministry Resource Center, Joliet, and Lutheran CORE. To register, contact the Rev. Keith Forni at 815-600-3030 or KeithLForni@gmail.com.
• Bible study – 9:30 a.m., St. Mary Nativity, Nativity Room, 706 N. Broadway St., Joliet. Book of Genesis. For information, call Denise Adelmann at 815-838-0337.
• DivorceCare – 6:30 p.m., United Methodist Church in New Lenox. For those going through or struggling with divorce. This is a Bible-based support group that uses both videos and discussion. For information, call 815-485-8271.
• Confession – 3 to 4 p.m. and 7:30 p.m., St. Patrick’s Catholic Church, 710 W. Marion St., Joliet. For information, call 815-727-4746.
• AWANA – 6:15 p.m., Parker Road Bible Church, 18512 Parker Road, Mokena. Kids learn Bible verses, sing songs and play games. For information, call 708-463-1125.
• Junior and Senior High Small Group – 6 to 7:30 p.m., Channahon United Methodist Church, 24751 W. Eames St., Channahon. Fellowship followed by discussion on topics of living a Christian life as a teen and into adulthood. Grades six to 12. For information, call 815-467-5275 or visit www.channahonumc.org.
• Kidz Club – 6:30 to 7:30 p.m., Channahon United Methodist Church, 24751 W. Eames St., Channahon. Learn Christian values through music, art, science, storytelling, drama, games, cooking and videos, along with a light snack. Ages preschool through fifth grade. For information, call 815-467-5275 or visit www.channahonumc.org.
• Presbyterian Women 2nd Hand Sale – 8 a.m. to 5 p.m.; also Oct, 20. Westminster Presbyterian Church, 1015 Winthrop Ave., Joliet. Adult and children’s clothing, shelf items, toys. Saturday bag sale.
• Lunch and Learn – noon to 1:30 p.m.; also Oct, 19, Joliet Jewish Congregation, 250 N. Midland Ave., Joliet. Torah study. $5. RSVP at 815-741-4600. Visit www.jolietjewishcongregation.com.
• 26th Annual Black Catholic Revival – 7 p.m.; also Oct. 20, Sacred Heart Catholic Church, 337 S. Ottawa St., Joliet. The twin priests Rev. Chester and Charles Smith will lead a spiritual renewal. Music from visiting choirs from Joliet and Chicago and Sacred Heart’s own choir. All faiths welcome. Rev. William G. Dewan is pastor.