• “Catholic Central” – New web series by Family Theater Productions in Hollywood offers entertaining and authoritative answers to questions about Catholic thought, spirituality and practice. The first collection of short videos was released Sept. 15 at
• Choir members wanted – For Mokena United Methodist Church. Choir practice is at 7:30 p.m., Mokena UMC, 10901 W. LaPorte Road, Mokena. Attend weekly practices Wednesdays and sing at 10:15 a.m. Sunday worship. Join anytime. Call the church office at 708-479-1110.
• Grace United Methodist Church fall schedule – Worship services are at 8 a.m. and 10:30 a.m. Sunday school is at 9 a.m. Classes for ages 4 through high school and nursery for younger children. Adult classes include a discussion group, Bible study, Methodist awareness and a class for adults with special needs. Visitors and new members welcome. For information, call
815-725-7632. For Sunday school forms, email Michelle at email@example.com.
• Joliet Catholic Academy offers Leveraged Financial Aid program – For information, visit www.jca-online.org or attend an open house from 6 to 8 p.m. Nov. 9. Learn about Leveraged Financial Aid via video at www.youtube.com/watch?v=RjvIhXkGDHk&t=9s.
• Joliet Jewish Congregation’s Sisterhood gift shop – Open for holiday shopping. Jewelry, books, decorations, mezuzah items, children’s toys and Judaica. For hours of operation and information, call 815-741-4600.
• Musical opportunities at United Methodist Church of New Lenox – Vocal choirs, bell choirs or praise team. Children, teens and adults. Rehearsals are Wednesday or Thursday evenings. Contact Mike Weirman about vocal and bell choirs and Tom Burns about the praise team. Call 815-485-8271.
• Snow removal for seniors – The city of Joliet, working with Redeemed Connection Ministries, will offer a program to assist with residential snow removal for Joliet senior citizens age 65 and older and Joliet residents with disabilities. For information, contact the Rev. Adrian Heath at Rev.Heath1@gmail.com or 815-582-0703.
• 2nd annual Thanksgiving Harvest Dinner Giveaway – Noon to 2 p.m. Nov. 18, St. John Missionary Baptist Church, 104 E. Zarley Blvd., Joliet. Presented by Hope and Divine Purpose Transitional Living Home Inc. RSVP by Nov. 10. Call 779-702-2077.
• Annual Hunger Walk – 1 p.m. Nov. 12. Sponsored by Immaculate Conception School and the Immaculate Conception religious education office. Begins and ends at the Dr. Connor Gym in Morris. Students may participate. Participants asked to seek sponorships. They may walk all or part of the 4 miles. Proceeds shared among area food pantries. For information, call 815-942-4111 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
• Annual Thanksgiving Basket Giveaway – 6:30 p.m. Nov. 20, Glory International Harvest Church, 28 E. Fourth Ave., Joliet. Deadline for a basket is Nov. 15. For information, call Sis Suzette at 815-409-3073.
• Catholics Returning Home – Six-week series. 7:30 to 9 p.m. Mary Immaculate Parish, north wing room A, 15629 S. Route 59, Plainfield. Nov. 13: Overview of series, Nov. 20; presentation on inactive Catholics, Nov. 27; “The Church Today: Changes Since Vatican II, Dec. 4; The Mass, Dec. 11; Sacrament of Reconciliation explained, Dec. 18; “The Creed: What Catholics Believe.” Registration requested. For information, call Deacon Tom O’Connell, at 815-230-2241 or visit www.smip.org.
• Chicago Pilgrimage – 9 a.m. to 3 p.m. Dec. 9. Will visit The Basilica of the Our Lady of Sorrows, St. Peter Catholic Church, Our Lady of the Highway Chapel at Loyola University and The National Shrine of Our Lady of Guadalupe. Leave from St. John the Baptist Catholic Church, 404 N. Hickory St., Joliet. $35. Includes motor coach and breakfast at friary. Mass is at 11 a.m at shrine. Bring own lunch. For information, call Brother Ed Arambasich at 217-316-4335.
• MSM Ladies Tea Fundraiser –
5:30 p.m., Dec. 4, Jacob Henry Mansion, Victorian Ballroom, Joliet. $45. Benefits MorningStar Mission’s Mary L. Weitendorf Women & Family Center. RSVP by Nov. 24. For tickets and information, call Eloise at 815-722-5780.
• All Souls Day Mass – 7:30 a.m. (English), 7 p.m. (Cana Hall, English), 7 p.m. (church, Spanish), 8 p.m. (fellowship), St. Mary Immaculate Parish, 15629 S. Route 59, Plainfield.
• Lunch and Learn – Noon to 1:30 p.m.; also Nov. 9, Joliet Jewish Congregation,
250 N. Midland Ave., Joliet. Torah study. $5. RSVP at 815-741-4600. Visit www.jolietjewishcongregation.com.
• St. Mary Immaculate CCW meeting –
1 p.m., St. Mary Immaculate, Faith Sharing Room. 15629 S. Route 59, Plainfield. Cathy Bouchard, owner of “Le Chocolat du Bouchard,” in Naperville, will discuss dark chocolate’s health benefits. Chocolates available for purchase. Bring children’s book for CCW/Prison Ministry Book Shower. For information, call 815-436-2651.
• Wildside – 6 to 7:30 p.m. (seventh and eighth grade) and 7 to 8:30 p.m. (high school). Also Nov. 9, United Methodist Church of New Lenox, 339 W. Haven Ave., New Lenox. Food, fun and fellowship. Grades three to six. For information, call 815-485-8271.
• “The Center” – 6:30 to 9 p.m.; also
Nov. 9, The Hub, 1303 Schoolhouse Road,
No. 3, New Lenox. Free food, games, hang time, music and inspirational talk for teens. Nov. 2 speakers: Lamar Griffin and Deven Dempsey. Topic: “Real Life.” For information, call 815-474-2569, email email@example.com or visit www.thecenterjoliet.org or Facebook.com/thecenterjoliet.
• Family night – 6:45 to 8 p.m.; also
Nov. 9, Crystal Lawns Church of the Nazarene, 2424 Caton Farm Road, Joliet. For information, call 815-436-3380.
• All Souls Day Mass – 7 p.m. (English), St. Mary Nativity Church, 706 N. Broadway St., Joliet; and 7 p.m. (Polish), Holy Cross, 826 Elizabeth St., Joliet.
• Message to Missions – Olivet Nazarene University, Bourbonnais. Speaker: Andrew Scott, innovative missions thought leader. Sponsored by The McGraw School of Business at Olivet and Shine. FM. Free. For information and to register, contact professor Chris Perez at firstname.lastname@example.org or 815-928-5579.
• Women’s Bible Study – 9:30 a.m., United Methodist Church, 339 W. Haven Ave., New Lenox. For information, call 815-485-8271.
• “2017 World Community Day” – Program is at 10 a.m. Lunch is at noon, Second Baptist Church, 156 Joliet St., Joliet. Theme: “Kindling New Fires for Peace.” $5. Hosted by The Joliet Unit of Church Women United. For information, call 815-436-4974.
• Fish fry – 11 a.m. to 9 p.m., Knights of Columbus Council 4400, 1813 Cass St., Joliet. Fish, chicken and shrimp. Carryout. Call
• Bingo – Doors open at 4 p.m. Cards begin at 6 p.m., St. Mary Nativity School, 702 N. Broadway St., Joliet.
• “Playing for Miracles” – The Carlisle, 435 E. Butterfield Road, Lombard. The event, presented by Hollywood Casino Aurora and Joliet, features open bar, gourmet dining stations, charitable gaming and prizes. $125. Benefits Catholic Charities, Diocese of Joliet. To buy tickets, call 815-724-1140.
• Feed My Starving Children Mobile Pack Event – Also Nov. 4, First Presbyterian Church, 805 Western Ave., Joliet. Available shifts: 6 to 8 p.m. Nov. 3; and 9:30 to
11:30 a.m., 12:30 to 2:30 p.m. and 3 to 5 p.m. Nov. 4. To sign up and for information, visit
www.firstpresjoliet.orgor call 815-727-9259.
• Friday evening services – 7 p.m., Joliet Jewish Congregation, 250 N. Midland Ave., Joliet. For information, visit www.jolietjewishcongregation.com.
• “The Busher” – 7 p.m., First Congregational Church of Lockport United Church of Christ, 700 E. 9th St., Lockport. 1919 baseball silent film classic. Live organ play by Jay Warren. Also a 1922 Felix the Cat cartoon: “Felix Save the Day.” For information, call 815-838-2091.
• Celebrate Notre Dame Trailblazers Past and Present RSVP deadline – 7 to 9 p.m. Nov. 9, Joliet Country Club, 1009 Spencer Road, Joliet. Buffet dinner, cash bar, presentation and discussion. Business casual. $25 for members and $30 for nonmembers. RSVP by Nov. 3. For registration and information, visit Joliet.undclub.org/2017UNDCelebration.
• First Saturday Devotion/Rosary – After 7:30 a.m. Mass, St. Mary Immaculate Parish, 15629 S. Route 59, Plainfield. For information, call 815-436-2651.
• 22nd annual Holiday Craft Fair – 9 a.m. to 3 p.m., Joliet First Assembly, Joliet. More than 130 crafters. For information, contact Judy Panzera at 815-741-3232 or email@example.com.
• First Saturday Devotion Prayers –
9 a.m., Church of St. Jude, 2212 McDonough St., Joliet. All welcome.
• Handmade Holiday Market – 9 a.m. to 3 p.m., St. Mary Immaculate Gym, 15629 S. Route 59, Plainfield. More than 80 crafters and artists. Holiday decor, home decor, jewelry, fashion items, children’s items, cards, personal care products, bake sale and raffle baskets. Proceeds benefit SMI students and teachers. For information, email Abby LeRoy at firstname.lastname@example.org.
• Saturday services – 9 a.m., Joliet Jewish Congregation, 250 N. Midland Ave., Joliet. Call 815-741-4600 or visit www.jolietjewishcongregation.com.
• Confession – 3:30 to 4:15 p.m., St. Patrick’s Catholic Church, 710 W. Marion St., Joliet. For information, call 815-727-4746.
• Fish fry – 4 to 8 p.m., Knights of Columbus Council 4400, 1813 E. Cass St., Joliet. Carryout. Call 815-723-3827.
• Free Spaghetti Dinner for Senior Citizens – 4 to 6 p.m., Plainfield United Methodist Church, Plainfield. Hosted by Plainfield Lions. For information, visit
• “Hallelujah” Soup Supper – 4 to
7 p.m., Coal City United Methodist Church, 6805 E. McArdle Road in Coal City. Stuffed pepper and chicken noodle soups. $8 (ages 13 and older), $4 (ages 6 to 12 and $2 (ages 3 to 5). Free for age 2 and younger. Tickets at door. Carryouts available. Benefits building fund.
• Turkey dinner – 4:30 to 7 p.m., Channahon United Methodist Church, 24751 W. Eames, Channahon. Homemade meal. Turkey, mashed potatoes, dressing, green beans, rolls, cranberry relish, pie, coffee and lemonade. $11 (adults and all carryout orders, $7 for kids (ages 3 to 11). Children younger than age 3 are free. Reservations are required for dine-in. Limited carryout meals are available at 3:30 p.m. until sold out. For tickets and to make a reservation, call the church office at 815-467-5275. For information, www.channahonumc.org.
• “Italian Village” – 5 to 9 p.m., St. Patrick Church, 710 W. Marion St., Joliet. $10 (adults), $8 (seniors) and $7 (children). Drinks extra. Benefits St. Pat’s Religious Education programs. For information, contact Julie at 815-727-4746, ext. 39, or email@example.com.
• Experience Youth Group – Worship is at 8:45 a.m. Discussion is at 10:20 a.m., United Methodist Church, 339 W. Haven Ave., New Lenox. Meet in narthex. For information, call 815-485-8271.
• Commemoration of the Faithful Departed – 9 a.m., t. Mary Immaculate Parish 15629 S. Route 59, Plainfield. Fellowship in gym following, Grief support information available.
• Rosary for the Holy Souls in Purgatory – 9:40 a.m., St. Mary Nativity Church, 706 N. Broadway St., Joliet.
• Healing Prayer Service – 1:30 p.m., St. Mary Immaculate Parish 15629 S. Rt. 59 Plainfield. For information, call 815-436-2651.
• Pumpkin Chunkin’ – Noon to 2 p.m., The Village Christian Church, 8965 Bell Road, Minooka. Pumpkin launching, face and pumpkin painting, hot chocolate and cider for the whole family. Cost is $5 to $10 depending on pumpkin size. Proceeds benefit teen mission trip to Swaziland, Africa. For more information, email firstname.lastname@example.org.
• Cor Cantiamo – 3 p.m., St. Joseph Church, 416 N. Chicago St., Joliet. Part of Joliet Junior College Musica Viva concert series. Chamber music. For information, call Cherie Gimbel at 815-727-9378.
• Parish Mission – 7 p.m.; also Nov. 6, Nov. 7 and Nov. 8, St. Mary Nativity Church, 706 N. Broadway St., Joliet. Presenter: Rev. Robert Cary. Topic: Praying the ‘Our Father.’”
• Chapel Bible study – 7 p.m., United Methodist Church of New Lenox, 339 W. Haven Ave., New Lenox. New members encouraged. For topic and information, call 815-485-8271.
• Michael Johnston’s Bible Study Group – 7 p.m., United Methodist Church, 339 W. Haven Ave., New Lenox. For current topic and information, call 815-485-8271.
• Bible study – 9:30 a.m., St. Mary Nativity, Nativity Room, 706 N. Broadway St., Joliet. Book of Genesis. For information, call Denise Adelmann at 815-838-0337.
• DivorceCare – 6:30 p.m., United Methodist Church in New Lenox. For those going through or struggling with divorce. This is a Bible-based support group that uses both videos and discussion. For information, call 815-485-8271.
• Confession – 3 to 4 p.m. and 7:30 p.m., St. Patrick’s Catholic Church, 710 W. Marion St., Joliet. For information, call
• AWANA – 6:15 p.m., Parker Road Bible Church, 18512 Parker Road, Mokena. Kids learn Bible verses, sing songs and play games. For information, call
• All Saints/All Souls Taizé Service of Healing – 7 p.m., St. Edward’s and Episcopal Christ Church, Midland and Campbell streets, Joliet. Music, silent meditation, prayer, anointing with oil. Preceded with meal at 6 p.m. Email names of people to be remembered at email@example.com. For information, call 815-725-6800.
• St. Patrick Luncheon Card Party – Noon, Wilton Center Community Building; 14355 W. Joliet Road, Manhattan. $7 at the door. For information, call Carmen Kinsella at 815-478-3592.
• Competitive Advantage Night – 6 to 8 p.m., Joliet Catholic Academy, Joliet. Pick and choose from five 15-minute presentations highlighting JCA’s competitive advantage as a high school. For information, call 815-741-0500 or email firstname.lastname@example.org