• Coat Drive – Drop off 8 a.m. to 4 p.m., Monday through Friday, Joliet Slammers, 1 Mayor Art Schultz Drive, Joliet. Deadline is Nov. 13. Earn an entry into the Slammers 2018 Suite Giveway for every coat donated. For information, call 815-722-2287 or visit www.jolietslammers.com.
• Channahon Veterans Day Photo Tribute – Will be displayed in the lobby of Village Hall. Do not send original photos. Include the veteran’s name, home town, branch of service, and when and where he/she served. Drop off or mail to Channahon Village Hall, 24555 S. Navajo Drive, Channahon, IL 60410, or email to Nicole Norris, marketing and communications manager, at firstname.lastname@example.org. For information, contact Norris at email@example.com or 815-467-6644.
• Grundy County Veterans Assistance Commission – 9 a.m. to 4 p.m. Monday through Friday, Grundy County Administration Building, 1320 Union St., Morris. Offers assistance with federal, state and local veterans’ benefits and services to include referral to other programs and services. For honorably discharged veterans of military service and their families. Call 815-941-3152.
• Illinois AMVETS Collection Site – 10 a.m. to 4 p.m. daily, Grundy County Administration Building, 1320 Union St., Morris, and Ace Hardware parking lot, 855 S. Ridge Road, Minooka. For information, call the Grundy County VAC office at 815-941-3152.
• International Union of Operating Engineers, Local 150 Second Annual Coat Drive – Drop-off from 8 a.m. to 5 p.m., Monday through Friday through Dec. 29, Local 150's district hall, 1050 N. I-55 and E. Frontage Road, Joliet. For a list of donation locations and other coat drive information, visit www.local150.org.
• Lifeline Program – The Lifeline program is a federally-funded program that subsidizes the cost of one telephone per household, either a cellphone or a landline phone. Internet service as part of the cost of the phone may also be available. Eligible families can enroll by calling their local telephone service provider or a participating cellphone provider and asking to be enrolled in Lifeline. The two largest providers in Illinois are AT&T (888-256-5378) and Frontier Communications (800-921-8101). For information or to donate, visit www.linkupillinois.org.
• Lockport Township Park District’s Before/After School Program – Register at Challenge Fitness, 2021 S. Lawrence Ave., Lockport. For information and to download the parent handbook, visit www.lockportpark.org or call 815-838-3621, ext. 0.
• Low Income Home Energy Assistance Program (LIHEAP) funds – Eligible to apply now: households with a family member age 60 or older and/or currently receiving disability benefits, and households with disconnected service or which have disconnection notice and households with a child under age 6. Starting Dec. 1: all income-eligible households. Sign up at Will County Center for Community Concerns, 2455 Glenwood Ave., Joliet, from 8 a.m. to 3 p.m. Monday, Tuesday, Thursday and Friday and 8 a.m. to 6:30 p.m. Wednesday or until the daily sign-in sheet is full (whichever comes first). Applications also taken at various locations throughout the Will County area. Applications taken through May 31 or until funding is exhausted. For other locations, a list of documents needed to apply and more information, call 815-722-0722 or visit www.wcccc.net.
• Nominations for Foundation for Excellence Alumni Hall of Fame – The Alumni Hall of Fame honors District 202 graduates who have distinguished themselves beyond their high school years through their significant accomplishments or service. Due Jan. 10, 2018. Forms and more information available at www.d202foundation.org/202.
• Passport Applications at White Oak Library – For information, call Lockport branch at 815-552-4260, Crest Hill branch at 815-552-4270 or Romeoville branch at 815-552-4200.
• U.S. Rep. Dan Lipinski Accepting Service Academy Applications – Potential candidates must have reached their 17th birthday and not passed their 23rd birthday on July 1 of the year they would enter the academy, be a United States citizen, have graduated from high school, be unmarried, have taken the ACT and/or SAT, and have met the stringent entrance requirements of their preferred academy. Deadline is Nov. 27. Submit to Lipinski’s office at 6245 S. Archer Ave., Chicago, IL 60638. For information, call 733-948-6223.
• Sign Up for Petite Porters Preschool – The program will be housed at Lockport Township High School, east campus, 1333 E. 7th St., Lockport. Sessions will run from 9:25 to 10:10 a.m. every Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday from Nov. 6 to Dec. 14, and reopen from Feb. 6 to May 4. $150. Limit 12 students. For more information, contact Regan Cronholm at 815-588-8456 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
• Toys for Tots – Donations accepted 10 a.m. to 3 p.m. Monday through Thursday, Harvey Brooks Foundation, 503 S. Water St., Joliet.
• Treats to the Troops – Through Nov. 7, Shorewood-Troy Public Library, 650 Deerwood Drive, Shorewood. Drop off leftover Halloween candy at the library and we’ll donate it to the USO office at Midway Airport. For information, call 815-725-1715 or visit www.shorewoodtroylibrary.org.
• Will County Forest Preserve District Safety Wristbands – Colorful wristbands, two sizes, imprinted with the telephone number for the Will County Sheriff’s Police dispatch center. The center provides dispatching services for the Forest Preserve District’s Police Department. Pick up at Isle a la Cache Museum, 501 E. Romeo Road, Romeoville; Monee Reservoir, 27341 Ridgeland Ave., Monee; Plum Creek Nature Center, 27064 S. Dutton Road, Beecher; and Sugar Creek Administration Center, 17540 W. Laraway Road, Joliet. For information, visit ReconnectWithNature.org.
• Wreaths Across America Campaign – Hosted by New Lenox Fire District, local American Legion, Culver’s, Jersey Mike’s, VFW and the village of New Lenox. The goal is to cover one section in Abraham Lincoln National Cemetery in Elwood with 1,800 wreaths. Wreaths cost $15 each; any donation accepted. Make payable to “Wreaths for Veterans” and mail to NLFPD, 261 E. Maple St., New Lenox, IL 60451. For information, call the New Lenox Fire Protection District at 815-463-4500.
• Winter Accessories Drive – Through Nov. 30, Book and Bean Cafe, 3395 Black Road, Joliet; and Joliet Police Department, 150 Washington St., Joliet. Seeking new winter hats, gloves, scarves and socks for adult men and women; sizes ranging from small to 2X. Hosted by Lotus Foundation of Illinois. For information, visit lotusfoundation-il.org.
• Forest Preserve District of Will County Volunteer Workday – 8 a.m. to noon, Birds Junction Marsh, Troy Township. For information, email email@example.com or call 815-722-7364.
• Spaghetti Dinner – 3 to 7 p.m., Joliet Jewish Congregation, 250 N. Midland Ave., Joliet. Dinner, bake sale, raffles, silent auction. Carryouts available. For information, call 815-741-4600 or visit www.jolietjewishcongregation.com.
• Spaghetti Dinner Fundraiser – 4 to 7 p.m., Lockport Township High School east campus cafe, 1333 E. 7th St., Lockport. $10 adults; $7 seniors and those younger than 12; free for children younger than 3. Hosted by LTHS Bands Parent Organization. All you can eat with desserts. Raffles and door prizes. Tickets at door. Dine-in or carryout. To donate to the raffle, contact Adam Woodworth at firstname.lastname@example.org or 815-302-9066. For information about the event, contact Dee at 815-272-4647 or email@example.com.
• WOTM Bingo – Doors open 8 a.m. and bingo starts 10 a.m., 118 10th St., Lockport. Upstairs. Elevator accessible in back of lodge.
• Will County Mobile Workforce Center – 9:30 a.m. to noon and 1 to 3:30 p.m., Fountaindale Public Library, 300 W. Briarcliff Road, Bolingbrook.
• Conversational ESL for Adults – 10 a.m. and 6:30 p.m.; also 10 a.m. Tuesdays, Fountaindale Public Library District, 300 W. Briarcliff Road, Bolingbrook. Call 630-759-2102 or visit fountaindale.org.
• OJT Orientation – 10 a.m., Workforce Center of Will County, 2400 Glenwood Ave., Joliet. Visit jobs4people.org or call 815-727-4444.
• Health Care Orientation – 1:30 p.m., Workforce Center of Will County, 2400 Glenwood Ave., Joliet. Register at jobs4people.org or call 815-727-4444.
• Microsoft Word – 1:30 p.m., Workforce Center of Will County, 2400 Glenwood Ave., Joliet. Register at jobs4people.org or call 815-727-4444.
• Electronics Recycling – 6 to 11 a.m., Lockport Public Works, 17112 Prime Blvd., Lockport.
• Career Cafe – 9:30 a.m., Workforce Center of Will County, 2400 Glenwood Ave., Joliet. Visit jobs4people.org or call 815-727-4444.
• Living Life Skills Educational Workshop – 9:30 to 11 a.m.; also Wednesday and Thursday; Disability Resource Center, 77 N. 129th Infantry Drive, Joliet. Call 815-729-0162 (voice), 815-729-2085 (TTY) or 815-768-2582 (VRS).
• Encore Resale Shop “Holiday Wonderland” event – 10 a.m. to 3 p.m.; also 10 a.m. to 5 p.m. Nov. 1 and Nov. 3, and 10 a.m. to 3 p.m. Nov. 4. 710 Cedar Crossing, New Lenox. All proceeds benefit Silver Cross Hospital. For information, call 815-300-7642.
• Illinois JobLink – 10:30 a.m., Workforce Center of Will County, 2400 Glenwood Ave., Joliet. Visit jobs4people.org or call 815-727-4444.
• Industry Orientation – 1:30 p.m., Workforce Center of Will County, 2400 Glenwood Ave., Joliet. For information, visit jobs4people.org or call 815-727-4444.
• Math Review – 2 p.m., Workforce Center of Will County, 2400 Glenwood Ave., Joliet. For information, visit jobs4people.org or call 815-727-4444.
• Mostaccioli – 4 to 7 p.m., Stone City VFW Post 2199, 124 Stone City Drive, Joliet. $9 a plate. $1 extra for sausage link.
• Bingo – 5 p.m., Harry E. Anderson VFW Post 9545, 323 Old Hickory Road, New Lenox. Call 815-485-8369 or visit vfwpost9545.org.
• Electronics Recycling – 5 to 7 p.m., Romeoville Public Works, 615 Anderson Drive, Romeoville. For information, visit www.willcountygreen.com.
• WOTM Bingo – Doors open 5 p.m. and bingo starts 7 p.m., 118 10th St., Lockport. Upstairs. Elevator accessible in back of lodge.
• Bingo – 6:45 p.m., Knights of Columbus, 100 S. Infantry Drive, Joliet. Call 815-725-0746.
• Midwest Crossroad Chorus of Sweet Adelines International – 7 p.m., Trinity Christian School, 901 Shorewood Drive, Shorewood. Call 866-588-7464 or visit midwestcrossroad.org.
• Morris Area Toastmasters – 7 p.m., Morris Hospital Education Room, 150 High St., Morris. Call Matthew Woyner at 815-478-3574 or Frank Hankins at 815-942-4733.
• Memory Clippers – 9 a.m. to noon, The Manhattan Township Historical Society, 255 S. State St., Manhattan. Digitize and organize museum’s materials. For information, email ManhattanHistorical@yahoo.com.
• Will County Mobile Workforce Center – 9:30 a.m. to noon and from 1 to 3:30 p.m., Plainfield Public Library, 15025 S. Illinois St., Plainfield. Visit jobs4people.org or call 815-727-4444.
• Upward Bound Veterans Job Club – 1:30 to 3:30 p.m., Joliet VA CBOC, 1201 Eagle St., Joliet. For information, call 815-740-8100, ext. 73093.
• Weekly Job Fair – 1:30 to 3:30 p.m., Workforce Center of Will County, 2400 Glenwood Ave., Suite 100, Joliet. For information, visit www.jobs4people.org.
• Electronics Recycling – 5 to 7 p.m., 1100 S. Cedar Road, New Lenox. For information, visit www.willcountygreen.com.
• ESL Conversation Group – 5:30 to 6:30 p.m., White Oak Library District, Crest Hill Branch, 20670 Len Kubinski Drive, Crest Hill. Call 815-552-4280 or visit www.whiteoaklibrary.org.
• Community Meeting: Changes to the Garbage Program – 6 to 7 p.m., Spanish Community Center, 309 N. Eastern Ave., Joliet. Presentations by Joliet Police Department, public utilities and public works departments. Q&A. Meeting held in Spanish. English meeting will be 6 to 7 p.m. Nov. 13, Joliet Public Library, 3395 Black Road, Joliet. For information, call 815-724-3925.
• National STEM Day – 6 to 9 p.m., Lockport Township High School, east campus, 1323 E. 7th St., Lockport. CITGO STEM Talent Pipeline Grantee winners and STEM Teacher of the Year Award. Hands-on STEM activities for students and adults, live demonstrations, interactive food and beverage stations. Register at www.cvent.com/d/stq83p.
• Veterans Day Assembly – 8 a.m., Immaculate Conception School, Morris. Veterans welcome to attend.
• Will County Mobile Workforce Center – 9:30 a.m. to noon and 1 to 3 p.m., Wilmington Public Library District, 201 S. Kankakee St., Wilmington. Visit jobs4people.org or call 815-727-4444.
• Microsoft Excel – 10:30 a.m., Workforce Center of Will County, 2400 Glenwood Ave., Joliet. Visit jobs4people.org or call 815-727-4444.
• Veterans Day ceremony – 12:30 p.m., Joliet Junior College bridge, 1215 Houbolt Road, Joliet. Veterans in attendance are encouraged to wear something that signifies their military branch, such as their uniform, a hat, or a pin. Refreshments. For information, contact Pam Dilday at firstname.lastname@example.org or 815-280-2755.
• Veterans Day Assembly – 1 p.m., Saratoga School, gym, Morris. Veterans welcome to attend.
• Veterans Day observance – 1 p.m., Saratoga Towers, 1700 Newton Place, Morris. Hosted by the Disabled American Veterans Chapter 86. Veterans welcome to attend.
• Flag Retirement Ceremony – 1:30 p.m., White Oak School, Morris. Ceremony with the junior high school students at 2:15 p.m. Veterans welcome to attend both events.
• Industry Orientation – 1:30 p.m., Workforce Center of Will County, 2400 Glenwood Ave., Joliet. Register at jobs4people.org or call 815-727-4444.
• 7th Annual Veterans Ceremony – 2:30 p.m., Joliet Central High School auditorium, 201 E. Jefferson St., Joliet. Public invited to attend. 100th anniversary of 37 Joliet Township High School students and six faculty members who served in World War I. JROTC Cadets, Joliet Central symphonic band: musical tribute. Also Joliet Central choirs; ROTC Commander Phil Jayko reading “Duty, Honor, Country”; reading of veteran service biographies. Reception for veterans, military personnel, families, friends, community and elected officials. Refreshments provided by JCHS culinary students. Music by JTHS orchestra. Veterans RSVP at 815-727-6796 or email email@example.com.
• Veteran's Day Concert – 6:30 to 7:30 p.m., Hickory Creek Middle School, 22150 116th St., Frankfort. For information, call 815-464-8131.
• Standout Resumes – 9:30 a.m., Workforce Center of Will County, 2400 Glenwood Ave., Joliet. Visit jobs4people.org or call 815-727-4444.
• Will County Mobile Workforce Center – 9:30 a.m. to noon, Frankfort Public Library District, 21119 S. Pfeiffer Road, Frankfort. Visit jobs4people.org or call 815-727-4444.
• Fish Fry – 10 a.m. to 8 p.m., Stone City Post, Stone City VFW Post 2199, 124 Stone City Drive, Joliet. Dining room open from 4 to 8 p.m. Call 815-722-7122.
• School Assembly and Lunch – 10:25 a.m. Hosted by Seneca High School and the Seneca FFA. RSVP by Nov. 6 to attend the lunch. Call the school at 815-357-5000.
• Fish Fry – 11 a.m. to 9 p.m., Knights of Columbus Council 4400, 1813 E. Cass St., Joliet. Fish, chicken and shrimp. Carryout. Call 815-723-3827.
• Will County Mobile Workforce Center – 1:30 to 3:30 p.m., Mokena Public Library, 11327 W. 195th St., Mokena. Visit jobs4people.org or call 815-727-4444.
• Bingo – Doors open 4 p.m., cards begin 6 p.m., St. Mary Nativity School, 702 N. Broadway St., Joliet.
• Fish Fry – 4 to 7:30 p.m., Cantigny VFW Post 367, 826 Horseshoe Drive, Joliet. Call 815-722-5398.
• Fish Fry – 4 to 7:30 p.m., Croatian Cultural Club, 1503 Clement St., Joliet. Baked or fried cod, shrimp, catfish or fried chicken breast. Dine-in or carryout. Music starts at 7:30 p.m. For carryout, call 815-723-3154.
• Fish Fry – 5 p.m., Harry E. Anderson VFW Post 9545, 323 Old Hickory Road, New Lenox. Karaoke begins at 8:30 p.m. Call 815-485-8369 or visit vfwpost9545.org.
• Fish Fry – 4 to 8 p.m., Knights of Columbus Council 4400, 1813 E. Cass St., Joliet. Carryout. Call 815-723-3827.
• 176 Catering Fish Fry – 4:30 to 7:30 p.m., Joliet Elks Lodge No. 296, 250 S.E. Frontage Road, Joliet. Baked and fried cod, fried shrimp, combo, burgers, salad bar. Call 176 West Catering at 815-955-4968.
• Veteran Appreciation Breakfast – 8:30 to 10:30 a.m., Stone City VFW Post 2199, 124 Stone City Drive, Joliet. Hosted by State Rep. Larry Walsh Jr., D-Elwood, State Rep. Natalie Manley, D-Joliet, State Sen. Jennifer Bertino-Tarrant, D-Shorewood, and State Sen. Pat McGuire, D-Joliet. Free for veterans and their families. Free tour of Abraham Lincoln National Cemetery, 20953 W. Hoff Road, Elwood, at 11 a.m. Attendees responsible for own transportation to cemetery. RSVP at 815-730-8600 or StateRepLarryWalshJr@gmail.com.
• Stockings for Our Troops – 9 a.m. to noon, The Oaks Recreation & Fitness Center, 10847 W. La Porte Road, Mokena. Decorate a holiday stocking for overseas troops. For information, call 708- 390-2401 or visit www.mokenapark.com.
• Veterans Day Event – 10 to 11 a.m., Eternal Flame, Jefferson Street, Joliet. Music by the Joliet American Legion Band. Singing of the national anthem. Invocation: Marvin Balsley Legion Post 1080 chaplain. Master of ceremonies: Steve Brandy. Veterans gun salute. Joliet American Legion Band: taps and “Stars and Stripes Forever.” Event is hosted by American Legion Post 1080, Stone City VFW Post 2199, American Legion Harwood Post 5, VFW Cantigny Post 367, Buffalo Soldiers American Legion Post 241 and the DAV (Disabled American Veterans).
• Veteran's Day Service – 10 to 11 a.m., Edward "Doc" McCartan Veterans Memorial, 11 Montrose Drive, Romeoville. For information, call village of Romeoville at 815-886-7200.
• 9th Annual Community Veteran's Day Observance – 11 a.m., Coal City High School auditorium, 655 W. Division St., Coal City. St. Juvin Post 1336 Veterans of Foreign Wars and American Legion Post 796 will participate. Also music, guest speakers and Coal City Madrigals performance.
• Veterans Day Ceremony – 11 a.m. to 9 p.m., Lockport VFW Post 5788, 1026 E. 9th St.,
Lockport. Coffee and rolls at 10:30 a.m. Ceremony at 11 a.m. Evening party at 4 p.m. Dinner by Smokin' Z BBQ. $5. Free for veterans. RSVP by Nov. 8. Raffles and 50/50. Hosted by city of Lockport and VFW. For information, call 815-838-0549 or 815-838-1066.
• Veterans Day Dedication of the Vietnam Veterans Memorial Stone – 11 a.m., Village Hall, 375 W. Briarcliff Road, Bolingbrook. For information, call Toni Greathouse at 630-226-8562 or visit www.bolingbrook.com.
• Veterans Day Lunch – 11 a.m. or 12:30 p.m., Cookies Restaurant, Minooka. For all veterans, active-duty and retired military personnel. Reservations required. Call 815-467-6667.
• Veterans Day Parade and Observance – 10:30 a.m. to noon. Parade begins at Chapin Park in Morris and continues down Liberty Street to the Grundy County Courthouse lawn in Morris. American Legion Post 294 will host an observance at 11 a.m. To walk in parade, be at park by 10 a.m. If weather is bad, event will be held at Morris High School.
• Free Lunch for Veterans – 11 a.m. to 2 p.m., Texas Roadhouse, 3151 Tonti Drive, Joliet. For more information, visit www.texasroadhouse.com.