• Citizen Science Bat Monitoring Program – Sign-up deadline is April 1. First come, first served. For information, call Forest Preserve District of Will County’s volunteer supervisor Renee Gauchat at 815-722-7364. For information, visit ReconnectWithNature.org.
• Fix one cat and get one fixed free – Through November. The Pet Well Clinic, 2765 Maple Ave., Lisle. For information, prices and appointments, call 630-961-8000. For information, visit www.spayillinois.org.
• Free dry dog food – For active and retired U.S. military personnel. Monthly program. Must be picked up by the owner in Joliet. Proof of military service is required if you are retired. For information and short telephone interview, call COPE Animal Rescue at 815-342-0378.
• Injured wildlife – Contact a wildlife rehabilitator by visiting shawurl.com/32k8 or web.extension.illinois.edu/wildlife.
• The Forest Preserve District of Will County dog parks – Permit required. For information, visit www.reconnectwithnature.org.
• Yappetizers – Public Landing Restaurant, 200 W. Eight St., Lockport. For information, call 815-838-6500 or visit www.publiclandingrestaurant.com.
• Yearlong food drive for Will County Humane Society – 8 a.m. to 6 p.m. Monday through Friday, VCA Animal Hospital, 220 N. Hammes Ave., Joliet. For information, call 815-729-0770 or 815-741-0695 or visit
• Puppy and Beginner Dog Training classes – Six-week classes start at noon Jan. 16 and continue through Feb. 20, Francis Field Youth Foundation Building, 801 E. Francis Road, New Lenox. $120. Call Carolyn McGuire at 815-922-3058.
• Advanced Obedience Drop-in –
10 a.m. every Tuesday, Francis Field Youth Foundation Building, 801 E. Francis Road, New Lenox. For advanced level competitors. Public can visit and watch the top-performing obedience dogs training for competitions. Call Carolyn McGuire at 815-922-3058.
• Holiday Pet Minis – 11 a.m. to 3 p.m., Blackbird’s Bowl, Morris. 15-minute mini session One 5x7 of choice. $50. Twenty percent of session fee donated to charity. Special product packages available. By Shayla Loring Photography. To schedule, call 815-941-9311.
• Chipotle Fundraiser for NAWS – Noon to 4 p.m., Chipotle Mexican Grill, 19130 S. LaGrange Road, Mokena. In-store purchases only. Bring flyer, show flyer on smartphone or mention NAWS. 50 percent of purchase benefits NAWS. Proceeds help pay for medical expenses in pet rescue program.