• “Catholic Central” – Web series by Family Theater Productions in Hollywood offers entertaining and authoritative answers to questions about Catholic thought, spirituality and practice. Visit www.FamilyTheater.org.
• Catholics Returning Home – Six-week series. 7:30 to 9 p.m. Mary Immaculate Parish, north wing room A, 15629 S. Route 59, Plainfield. Nov. 13: Overview of series, Nov. 20; presentation on inactive Catholics, Nov. 27; “The Church Today: Changes Since Vatican II, Dec. 4; The Mass, Dec. 11; Sacrament of Reconciliation explained, Dec. 18; “The Creed: What Catholics Believe.” Registration requested. For information, call Deacon Tom O’Connell at 815-230-2241 or visit www.smip.org.
• Choir members wanted – For Mokena United Methodist Church. Choir practice is at 7:30 p.m., Mokena UMC, 10901 W. LaPorte Road, Mokena. Attend weekly practices Wednesdays and sing at 10:15 a.m. Sunday worship. Join anytime. Call the church office at 708-479-1110.
• Grace United Methodist Church fall schedule – Worship services are at 8 a.m. and 10:30 a.m. Sunday school is at 9 a.m. Classes for ages 4 through high school and nursery for younger children. Adult classes include a discussion group, Bible study, Methodist awareness and a class for adults with special needs. Visitors and new members welcome. For information, call
815-725-7632. For Sunday school forms, email Michelle at firstname.lastname@example.org.
• Joliet Jewish Congregation’s Sisterhood gift shop – Open for holiday shopping. Jewelry, books, decorations, mezuzah items, children’s toys and Judaica. For hours of operation and information, call 815-741-4600.
• Musical opportunities at United Methodist Church of New Lenox – Vocal choirs, bell choirs or praise team. Children, teens and adults. Rehearsals are Wednesday or Thursday evenings. Call Mike Weirman about vocal and bell choirs and Tom Burns about the praise team at
• Snow removal for seniors – The city of Joliet, working with Redeemed Connection Ministries, will offer a program to assist with residential snow removal for Joliet senior citizens age 65 and older and Joliet residents with disabilities. For information, contact the Rev. Adrian Heath at Rev.Heath1@gmail.com or 815-582-0703.
• 2nd annual Thanksgiving Harvest Dinner Giveaway – Noon to 2 p.m. Nov. 18, St. John Missionary Baptist Church, 104 E. Zarley Blvd., Joliet. Presented by Hope and Divine Purpose Transitional Living Home Inc. RSVP by Nov. 10. Call 779-702-2077.
• Annual Thanksgiving Basket Giveaway – 6:30 p.m. Nov. 20, Glory International Harvest Church, 28 E. Fourth Ave., Joliet. Deadline for a basket is Nov. 15. For information, call Sis Suzette at 815-409-3073.
• Chicago pilgrimage – 9 a.m. to 3 p.m. Dec. 9. Will visit The Basilica of the Our Lady of Sorrows, St. Peter Catholic Church, Our Lady of the Highway Chapel at Loyola University and The National Shrine of Our Lady of Guadalupe. Leave from St. John the Baptist Catholic Church, 404 N. Hickory St., Joliet. $35. Includes motor coach and breakfast at friary. Mass is at 11 a.m at shrine. Bring own lunch. For information, call Brother Ed Arambasich at 217-316-4335.
• MSM Ladies Tea Fundraiser –
5:30 p.m. Dec. 4, Jacob Henry Mansion, Victorian Ballroom, Joliet. $45. Benefits MorningStar Mission’s Mary L. Weitendorf Women & Family Center. RSVP by Nov. 24. For tickets and information, call Eloise at 815-722-5780.
• Lunch and Learn – Noon to 1:30 p.m., Joliet Jewish Congregation, 250 N. Midland Ave., Joliet. Torah study. $5. RSVP at
815-741-4600. Visit www.jolietjewishcongregation.com.
• St. Patrick Luncheon Card Party – Noon, Wilton Center Community Building; 14355 W. Joliet Road, Manhattan. $7 at the door. For information, call Carmen Kinsella at 815-478-3592.
• Competitive Advantage Night – 6 to
8 p.m., Joliet Catholic Academy, Joliet. Pick and choose from five 15-minute presentations highlighting JCA’s competitive advantage as a high school. For information, call 815-741-0500 or email email@example.com.
• Wildside – 6 to 7:30 p.m. (seventh and eighth grade) and 7 to 8:30 p.m. (high school). United Methodist Church of New Lenox, 339 W. Haven Ave., New Lenox. Food, fun and fellowship. Grades three to six. For information, call 815-485-8271.
• “The Center” – 6:30 to 9 p.m., The Hub, 1303 Schoolhouse Road, No. 3, New Lenox. Free food, games, hang time, music and inspirational talk for teens. Topic: “From Glory to Glory.” Speaker: Dan Stinnett. For information, call 815-474-2569, email firstname.lastname@example.org or visit www.thecenterjoliet.org or Facebook.com/thecenterjoliet.
• Family night – 6:45 to 8 p.m.; also Nov. 16, Crystal Lawns Church of the Nazarene, 2424 Caton Farm Road, Joliet. For information, call 815-436-3380.
• UUCJ Players Haunted House RSVP deadline – Event is 6:30 pm on Nov. 10 and Nov. 11 at the Universalist Unitarian Church of Joliet, 3401 W. Jefferson St., Joliet. Features include fortune tellers, ghosts from the past, scorned hearts, an over the top maitre’d, confused twins, magic tricks, a feisty, romantic triangle and the always fabulous Phoenix Envy with her spectacular talent and beauty. Tickets are on sale at uujoliet.org and are $30 a person or by calling 815-341-3741.
• Women’s Bible Study – 9:30 a.m., United Methodist Church, 339 W. Haven Ave., New Lenox. For information, call
• Fish fry – 11 a.m. to 9 p.m., Knights of Columbus Council 4400, 1813 Cass St., Joliet. Fish, chicken and shrimp. Carryout. Call
• Bingo – Doors open at 4 p.m. Cards begin at 6 p.m., St. Mary Nativity School, 702 N. Broadway St., Joliet.
• Friday evening services – 7 p.m., Joliet Jewish Congregation, 250 N. Midland Ave., Joliet. For information, visit www.jolietjewishcongregation.com.
• Grace Bible Church/ Minooka’s Craft and Vendor Show – 9 a.m. to 3 p.m., 748 Jones Road, Minooka. More than 50 crafters/vendors, door prizes. Free admission. For information, email email@example.com or call the church at 815-467-2100.
• Saturday services – 9 a.m., Joliet Jewish Congregation, 250 N. Midland Ave., Joliet. Call 815-741-4600 or visit www.jolietjewishcongregation.com.
• Fall Festival & Beef Dinner – 10 a.m. to 7 p.m., Immanuel Evangelical Lutheran Church of Mokena, Heritage Hall, 10731 W. LaPorte Road, Mokena. Free admission to craft show. Needle crafts, gift items, pet corner, baked goods and holiday decorations. Light luncheon served from 11 a.m. to 1 p.m., Beef dinner will be served from 4 to 6:30 p.m. $12 (adults) and $4 (ages 6 to 12). Free for ages 5 and under. Carryouts. Call the church at 708-479-5600.
• Annual Christmas Market – Noon to 4 p.m., Lockport United Methodist Church, 10th and Washington Streets, Lockport. Bake sale, raffles, vendors and holiday gift sales table. For information, call Joyce Volling at 815 838-2251.
• Confession – 3:30 to 4:15 p.m., St. Patrick’s Catholic Church, 710 W. Marion St., Joliet. For information, call 815-727-4746.
• Fish fry – 4 to 8 p.m., Knights of Columbus Council 4400, 1813 E. Cass St., Joliet. Carryout. Call 815-723-3827.
• Experience Youth Group – Worship at 9 a.m. Discussion is from 10 to 10:45 a.m., United Methodist Church, 339 W. Haven Ave., New Lenox. Meet in narthex. For information, call 815-485-8271.
• Rosary for the Holy Souls in Purgatory – 9:40 a.m., St. Mary Nativity Church, 706 N. Broadway St., Joliet.
• Annual Hunger Walk – 1 p.m.
Nov. 12. Sponsored by Immaculate Conception School and the Immaculate Conception religious education office. Begins and ends at the Dr. Connor Gym in Morris. Students may participate. Participants asked to seek sponorships. They may walk all or part of the 4 miles. Proceeds shared among area food pantries. For information, call 815-942-4111 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
• The Betty Mahone 24th annual Black College Dair – 2 to 4 p.m., Brown Chapel AME Church, 1502 E. Mills Road, Joliet. College representatives and/or alumni from more than 20 historically black colleges invited. Minority scholarships. Health fair. For information, call 815-726-1375.
• Cathedral Music Series – 3 p.m., Cathedral of St. Raymond, 604 N. Raynor Ave., Joliet. Cathedral choir along with the Saint Xavier University Chicago Chorale and Chamber Singers and the Ecclesiastical Choral Society of Joliet will present a collaborative choral concert, headlined by Louis Vierne’s 19th-century French Romantic masterpiece Messe solennelle. For information, contact the music office at 815-722-6653, ext. 222, or email@example.com, or visit www.straymond.net.
• Chapel Bible study – 7 p.m., United Methodist Church of New Lenox, 339 W. Haven Ave., New Lenox. New members encouraged. For topic and information, call 815-485-8271.
• Michael Johnston’s Bible Study Group – 7 p.m., United Methodist Church, 339 W. Haven Ave., New Lenox. For current topic and information, call 815-485-8271.
• Bible study – 9:30 a.m., St. Mary Nativity, Nativity Room, 706 N. Broadway St., Joliet. Book of Genesis. For information, call Denise Adelmann at 815-838-0337.
• DivorceCare – 6:30 p.m., United Methodist Church in New Lenox. For those going through or struggling with divorce. This is a Bible-based support group that uses both videos and discussion. For information, call 815-485-8271.
• Confession – 3 to 4 p.m. and 7:30 p.m., St. Patrick’s Catholic Church, 710 W. Marion St., Joliet. For information, call 815-727-4746.
• AWANA – 6:15 p.m., Parker Road Bible Church, 18512 Parker Road, Mokena. Kids learn Bible verses, sing songs and play games. For information, call 708-463-1125.
• “The Center” – 6:30 to 9 p.m., First Presbyterian Church, 805 Western Ave., Joliet. Free food, games, hang time, music and inspirational talk for teens. For information, call 815-474-2569, email firstname.lastname@example.org or visit www.thecenterjoliet.org or Facebook.com/thecenterjoliet.
• “And Then There Were None” –
7 p.m.; also 7 p.m. Nov. 17 and 1 and
7 p.m. Nov. 18, Billie Limacher Bicentennial Park & Theatre, 201 W. Jefferson St., Joliet. A dramatic play by Agatha Christie. $10 (adults) and $8 (seniors, students with ID and children under 12). Assigned seating. On sale at JCA main office and at the door.