• Letters to Santa – Write to Santa and let him know if you have been bad or good. Santa will be accepting letters until 5 p.m. Dec. 10. He will write back and let children know that he received their requests. Print your address clearly and send to Romeoville Recreation Department, C/O Santa, 900 West Romeo Road, Romeoville, Illinois, 60446 and we will forward to Santa, For children up through fourth grade.
• Receive a special video message from Santa this year. Single child video or sibling video. Forms are available at plfdparks.org or guest services. One form per family, please list all children separately.Registration deadline is Dec. 1. Submit forms to Misty at Bartlett@plainfieldparkdistrict.com. For more information, call 815-436-8812.
• Pictures with Santa registration deadline – Call by noon. Event is Noon to 3 p.m. Nov. 19, The Oaks Recreation & Fitness Center, 10847 W. La Porte Road, Mokena. Professional photographer will take photos. Personal cameras/camera phones not allowed. $8 for 5. 5”x7” photograph and visit with Santa. Additional packages will be available for
purchase. Walk-ins accepted as space allows. Cash or checks accepted on the day of event. For more information, call 708-390-2401 or visit www.mokenapark.com.
• Free health and wellness expo – 8 a.m. to 6 p.m., Get Fit 24/7, 110 E. Waverly St., Morris. Free admission and parking. Free health screening, healthy food samples and fitness demos. Health and education outreach, community resources, pet adoption and giving tree, flu shots, raffles, face painting, coloring contest, safety checks for car seat, bicycle, fire, internet. All ages welcome. Free day care. For vendor list and updates, visit Get Fit 24/7 on Facebook. Santa will visit from 11 a.m. to noon and 3 to 4 p.m.
• Breakfast with Santa registration deadline – Event is 9 to 10:30 a.m., Dec. 2, Aurelio’s Restaurant, 9901 W. Lincoln Hwy., Frankfort. Fee includes plated breakfast, entertainment and a special gift. All children must be accompanied by an adult. Children under one are admitted free (does not include breakfast, treats or gift). All attendees must be pre-registered through Mokena Park District. Registration not accepted at the restaurant. No refunds for this event. For registration and more information, call 708-390-2401 or visit www.mokenapark.com.
• Santa Meet and Greet – 10 a.m., noon, 2 p.m. Joliet Public Library, 150 N. Ottawa St., Joliet. Children of all ages with adult. For information, call 815-740-2660 or visit jolietlibrary.org.
• Lighted Holiday Parade – 5:30 p.m., downtown Morris. The parade begins on Washington Street, east of Liberty, and continues north on Liberty Street to Chapin Park. At approximately 6 p.m. the beautiful Chapin Park will light up, followed by caroling with the Coal City High School Madrigals, visits with Santa and free horse drawn sleigh rides. For information, visit www.downtownmorris.com.
• Breakfast with Santa – 8 a.m. to noon, St Mary Immaculate Parish school, 15629 S. Rt. 59, Plainfield. Pancake breakfast, visit with Santa (bring your camera,) crafts, stories and games for kids. $5 per person. Registration forms available in commons of St Mary Immaculate Parish. Proceeds from SMI school. For information, email Kelli Mores at email@example.com.
• Santa's Workshop – 4 p.m., Morris Public Library District, 604 Liberty St., Morris. For information, call 815-942-6880 or visit morrislibrary.com.
• Winterland Wonderland and Hope for the Holidays – Edward Hospital Athletic and Event Center, 55 Phelps Ave., Romeoville. Romeoville Fire Department and Romeoville Firefighters Local 4237 will bring Santa on decorated, flashy vehicles. Tree lighting at 6 p.m. Hot chocolate and cookies immediately following the parade. Admission is one non-perishable food item. Activities include children’s entertainment, inflatables, crafts, a picture with Santa (for the first 400 children).
• Santa Fun Run 5k – Begins and ends within Chicagoland Speedway’s 1.5 mile D-shaped tri-oval. Registration fees, which include the Santa suit (while supplies last) and entrance to Santa’s Celebration post-race, are $30 for adults, $20 for students with school ID and $10 for children ages 5 to 12. Children 4 and under are free. Participants must register by Nov. 30 to receive an event T-shirt. Run or walk. Wheelchairs and strollers welcome. Pictures with Santa in Gatorade Victory Lane from 10 a.m . to 5 p.m. Hosted by Chicagoland Speedway’s R.A.C.E. Foundation AND JTHS Alumni Association. Proceeds benefit R.A.C.E. Register at ChicagolandSpeedway.com/Santa. For more information, contact For more information or for sponsorship opportunities, contact Sarah Palya PR@chicagolandspeedway.com.
• Breakfast with Santa – 7 to 11 a.m., Lincoln-Way East cafeteria, Frankfort. Eggs, pancakes, sausage, juice, milk, coffee. Pictures with Santa. Face painting. $6 at door. Children under age 3 with adult are free. Benefits athletes at LWEHS. Marine Corps co-hosting Toys-for-Tots drive. Donations of unwrapped new toys encouraged.
• Santa Visits the Library –10 to 11:30 a.m., Coal City Public Library District, 85 N. Garfield St., Coal City. Craft, snack, Christmas story and photos with Santa (bring own camera). For information, contact Rene Norris at 815-634-4552 ext. 110 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
• Breakfast with Santa & Elf Workshop – 8 a.m. to 12:30 p.m., Center for Disability Services
311 S. Reed St., Joliet. Pancakes and sausage. Biscuits and gravy. Breakfast is donated by Country Charm Restaurant in New Lenox. $7 (adults) and $4 (children). Sponsored by Friends of Center for Disability Services. Over 20 vendors. Craft show runs until 2 p.m.
• Santa Paws – 11 a.m. to 3 p.m.; also Dec. 10, 2 Paws 4U Pet Bakery and Treats, 1504 Singleton Road, Joliet. Santa photos. $10 for a 4x6 photo printed on site by Shooting the Gap Photography. Proceeds from Dec. 3 event benefit Paws Up 4 Rescue. Proceeds from Dec. 10 event benefit Midwest Small Dog Rescue. Rescue dogs available for adoption at both events.
• Take a Journey to the North Pole with the Plainfield Park District – 5 to 8 p.m.; also Dec. 9, Four Seasons Park, 22500 W. Lockport St., Plainfield. Sing songs, enjoy snacks, and keep warm by the fire, and visit Santa and his elves. Wagon times vary. Dress for the weather. For more information, visit www.plfdparks.org or call 815-436-8812.
• Seventh Annual Breakfast with Santa – Providence Catholic High School, New Lenox. A special Mass for children and their families will begin promptly at 9 am in the school’s Immaculate Heart of Mary gym. Following Mass, breakfast available for all guests in cafeteria. Activity stations for children. Santa. Event limited to first 300 RSVPs (each family should include at least one PCHS alumni, parent of alumni or PCCA family). $5. Children 2 and under free. Register at www.providencecatholic.org/calendar/breakfast-with-santa-17.
• Stories with Santa – 6:30 to 8:30 p.m.; also 10 to 11:30 a.m., Dec. 13, Joliet Public Library, 3395 Black Road, Joliet. Children of all ages, no registration required. Santa's helpers will read seasonal stories. Co-sponsored by the Will County Reading Council. for more information, call 815-740-2660 or visit jolietlibrary.org.
• HO, HO, HO – Here Comes Santa and Mrs. Claus! – 1 to 3 p.m., Mokena Community Public Library District, 11327 W.195th St., Mokena. Visit with Santa, holiday crafts, refreshments, elf's scavenger hunt. To register, call 708-479-9663 or register on our events calendar at www.mokenalibrary.org.