• “Be a Santa to a Senior” – Through Dec. 8, Home Instead Senior Care: 3077 W. Jefferson St., Suite 218, Joliet; Jewel-Osco: 475 N. Nelson Road, New Lenox; Jewel-Osco: 199 Brookforest Avenue, Shorewood; and Willow Falls Retirement Community: 1681 Willow Circle Drive, Crest Hill. Choose an ornament, buy the requested gift and return it to the store with the ornament attached. For information, visit BeaSantatoaSenior.com or call 815-725-2050.
• Braidwood Lions Club’s Annual Christmas Tree Sale Fundraiser – Starts Nov. 24, noon to 7 p.m. (Monday through Friday) and 10 a.m. to 7 p.m. (Saturday and Sunday), Whitmore Ace Hardware Parking Lot, 237 N. Front St., Braidwood. While supplies last. Benefits visual and hearing impaired. For information, visit www.braidwoodlionsclub.org, email firstname.lastname@example.org or call 815-791-8093.
• Christmas Assistance – To be adopted by area residents and/or businesses, register by Nov. 30 at www.romeoville.org/FormCenter/Administration-8/Operation-Christmas-Registration-126. To adopt a family, visit www.romeoville.org/FormCenter/Administration-8/Operation-Christmas-AdoptAFamily-127. For information, about the program, visit www.romeoville.org/811/Operation-Christmas.
• Gently Used Toys, Books, Games and DVD video collection event – Through Dec. 15. Drop-off locations: Grundy County Administration Building, 1320 Union St., Morris; Coal City Public Library, 85 N. Garfield St., Coal City; Morris Public Library, 604 Liberty St., Morris; Minooka Three Rivers Library, 109 N. Wabena Ave., Minooka; Channahon Three Rivers Library, 25207 W. Channahon Drive, Channahon; Fossil Ridge Library, 386 W. Kennedy Road, Braidwood. For information, contact Heidi Miller at 815-941-3229 or email@example.com.
• Grundy County Veterans Assistance Commission – 9 a.m. to 4 p.m. Monday through Friday, Grundy County Administration Building, 1320 Union St., Morris. Offers assistance with federal, state and local veterans’ benefits and services to include referral to other programs and services. For honorably discharged veterans of military service and their families. Call 815-941-3152.
• Holiday Diaper Drive – Nov. 20 through Dec. 20, state Rep. Margo McDermed, R-Mokena, office, 11032 W. Lincoln Highway, Frankfort. Diapers, baby wipes, and diaper rash cream.
• Horizon Grants – Up to $1,000 each to current high school juniors from all four District 202 high schools and Plainfield Academy, the district’s alternative high school. Applications due April 20, 2018. Winners announced May 4. Applications at www.d202foundation.org under “Programs.”
• Illinois AMVETS Collection Site – 10 a.m. to 4 p.m. daily, Grundy County Administration Building, 1320 Union St., Morris, and Ace Hardware parking lot, 855 S. Ridge Road, Minooka. For information, call the Grundy County VAC office at 815-941-3152.
• International Union of Operating Engineers, Local 150 Second Annual Coat Drive – Drop-off from 8 a.m. to 5 p.m. Monday through Friday through Dec. 29, Local 150’s district hall, 1050 N. I-55 and E. Frontage Road, Joliet. For a list of donation locations and other coat drive information, visit www.local150.org.
• Let’s Help Santa! – Through Dec. 18, Louis Joliet Mall near the security desk, 3340 Mall Loop Drive, Joliet. Donate warm hats, mittens, winter coats, toys, games, gift cards to Salvation Army Angel Tree. For information, call 815-439-1000.
• Lifeline Program – The Lifeline program is a federally funded program that subsidizes the cost of one telephone per household, either a cellphone or a landline phone. Internet service as part of the cost of the phone may also be available. Eligible families can enroll by calling their local telephone service provider or a participating cellphone provider and asking to be enrolled in Lifeline. The two largest providers in Illinois are AT&T (888-256-5378) and Frontier Communications (800-921-8101). For information or to donate, visit www.linkupillinois.org.
• Lockport Township Park District’s Before/After School Program – Register at Challenge Fitness, 2021 S. Lawrence Ave., Lockport. For information and to download the parent handbook, visit www.lockportpark.org or call 815-838-3621, ext. 0.
• Low Income Home Energy Assistance Program (LIHEAP) funds – Eligible to apply now: households with a family member age 60 or older and/or currently receiving disability benefits, households with disconnected service or which have a disconnection notice, and households with a child younger than 6. Starting Dec. 1: all income-eligible households. Sign up at Will County Center for Community Concerns, 2455 Glenwood Ave., Joliet, from 8 a.m. to 3 p.m. Monday, Tuesday, Thursday and Friday and 8 a.m. to 6:30 p.m. Wednesday or until the daily sign-in sheet is full (whichever comes first). Applications also taken at various locations throughout the Will County area. Applications taken through May 31 or until funding is exhausted. For other locations, a list of documents needed to apply and more information, call 815-722-0722 or visit www.wcccc.net.
• Nominations for Foundation for Excellence Alumni Hall of Fame – The Alumni Hall of Fame honors District 202 graduates who have distinguished themselves beyond their high school years through their significant accomplishments or service. Due Jan. 10. Forms and information available at www.d202foundation.org/202.
• Operation Care Package Drive – Through November. Hosted by Associated Orthodontists. For list of items to donate and locations to drop off, visit greatbraces.com.
• Passport Applications at White Oak Library – For information, call Lockport branch at 815-552-4260, Crest Hill branch at 815-552-4270 or Romeoville branch at 815-552-4200.
• Toys for Tots – Donations accepted 10 a.m. to 3 p.m. Monday through Thursday, Harvey Brooks Foundation, 503 S. Water St., Joliet.
• U.S. Rep. Dan Lipinski Accepting Service Academy Applications – Potential candidates must have reached their 17th birthday and not passed their 23rd birthday on July 1 of the year they would enter the academy, be a United States citizen, have graduated from high school, be unmarried, have taken the ACT and/or SAT, and have met the stringent entrance requirements of their preferred academy. Deadline is Nov. 27. Submit to Lipinski’s office at 6245 S. Archer Ave., Chicago, IL 60638. For information, call 733-948-6223.
• U.S. Marine Corps Reserve Toys for Tots program – Through Dec. 6. Drop off new toys at Fire Station 1, 14415 S. Coil Plus Drive; Fire Station 2, 23806 W. 135th St.; Fire Station 3, 25001 W. 119th St.; and Fire Station 4, 15930 S. Frederick St. Also at the District Administration and Training Facility, 23748 W. 135th St. Hours for this location are 8 a.m. to 4 p.m. Monday through Friday. For information, visit joliet-il.toysfortots.org/local-coordinator-sites/lco-sites/request-toys.aspx.
• Will County Forest Preserve District Safety Wristbands – Colorful wristbands, two sizes, imprinted with the telephone number for the Will County Sheriff’s Police dispatch center. The center provides dispatching services for the Forest Preserve District’s Police Department. Pick up at Isle a la Cache Museum, 501 E. Romeo Road, Romeoville; Monee Reservoir, 27341 Ridgeland Ave., Monee; Plum Creek Nature Center, 27064 S. Dutton Road, Beecher; and Sugar Creek Administration Center, 17540 W. Laraway Road, Joliet. For information, visit ReconnectWithNature.org.
• Wreaths Across America Campaign – Hosted by New Lenox Fire District, local American Legion, Culver’s, Jersey Mike’s, VFW and the village of New Lenox. The goal is to cover one section in Abraham Lincoln National Cemetery in Elwood with 1,800 wreaths. Wreaths cost $15 each; any donation accepted. Make payable to “Wreaths for Veterans” and mail to NLFPD, 261 E. Maple St., New Lenox, IL 60451. For information, call the New Lenox Fire Protection District at 815-463-4500.
• Winter Accessories Drive – Through Nov. 30, Book and Bean Cafe, 3395 Black Road, Joliet; and Joliet Police Department, 150 Washington St., Joliet. Seeking new winter hats, gloves, scarves and socks for adult men and women; sizes ranging from small to 2X. Hosted by Lotus Foundation of Illinois. For information, visit lotusfoundation-il.org.
• Agricultural Breakfast – 7 a.m., Nov. 29, R-Place Restaurant meeting room, Morris. Hosted by the Grundy County Soil & Water Conservation District (GCSWCD). Guest speaker from Cypress Creek Renewables to discuss the proposed solar farm here in Grundy County. Informational table. $10. Mail checks to Grundy County SWCD, 3605 N. Illinois Route 47, Suite B, Morris. For information, 815-942-0359 ext. 3.
• Free Community Thanksgiving Dinner – 1 to 4 p.m., Diamond Banquet Hall, 55 S. Daley St., Diamond. Carryouts available. Hosted by Coal City United Methodist Church. For information, call 815-634-8670.
• WOTM Bingo – Doors open 8 a.m. and bingo starts 10 a.m., 118 10th St., Lockport. Upstairs. Elevator accessible in back of lodge.
• Will County Mobile Workforce Center – 9:30 a.m. to noon and 1 to 3:30 p.m., Fountaindale Public Library, 300 W. Briarcliff Road, Bolingbrook.
• Conversational ESL for Adults – 10 a.m. and 6:30 p.m.; also 10 a.m. Tuesdays, Fountaindale Public Library District, 300 W. Briarcliff Road, Bolingbrook. Call 630-759-2102 or visit fountaindale.org.
• OJT Orientation – 10 a.m., Workforce Center of Will County, 2400 Glenwood Ave., Joliet. Visit jobs4people.org or call 815-727-4444.
• Industry Orientation – 1:30 p.m., Workforce Center of Will County, 2400 Glenwood Ave., Joliet. For information, visit jobs4people.org or call 815-727-4444.
• Microsoft Word – 1:30 p.m., Workforce Center of Will County, 2400 Glenwood Ave., Joliet. Register at jobs4people.org or call 815-727-4444.
• C.A.R.E. Meeting – 6 to 7:30 p.m., White Oak Library, 121 E. Eighth St., Lockport. Citizens Against Ruining the Environment. Various topics. Call Ellen at 815-834-1611 or Mary at 708-204-6924.
• Electronics Recycling – 6 to 11 a.m., Lockport Public Works, 17112 Prime Blvd., Lockport.
• Health Care Orientation – 9 a.m., Workforce Center of Will County, 2400 Glenwood Ave., Joliet. Register at jobs4people.org or call 815-727-4444.
• Living Life Skills Educational Workshop – 9:30 to 11 a.m.; also Wednesday and Thursday; Disability Resource Center, 77 N. 129th Infantry Drive, Joliet. Call 815-729-0162 (voice), 815-729-2085 (TTY) or 815-768-2582 (VRS).
• Encore Resale Shop – 10 a.m. to 3 p.m., Tuesdays, Wednesdays and Fridays and the first Saturday of the month, 710 Cedar Crossing, New Lenox. Closed Nov. 24. For information, call 815-300-7642.
• Job Fair – 1:30 to 3:30 p.m., Workforce Center of Will County, 2400 Glenwood Ave., Joliet. Seeking to fill to fill are cage supervisor, cook, count employee, drivers, food production workers, forklift operators, general laborers, loaders, material handlers, order selectors, package handlers, pallet inspector, shift supervisor, tasker/scheduler, unloaders, VIP coordinator and warehouse associates. For information, visit jobs4people.org or call 815-727-4444.
• Math Review – 2 p.m., Workforce Center of Will County, 2400 Glenwood Ave., Joliet. For information, visit jobs4people.org or call 815-727-4444.
• Bingo – 5 p.m., Harry E. Anderson VFW Post 9545, 323 Old Hickory Road, New Lenox. Call 815-485-8369 or visit vfwpost9545.org.
• Electronics Recycling – 5 to 7 p.m., Romeoville Public Works, 615 Anderson Drive, Romeoville. For information, visit www.willcountygreen.com.
• WOTM Bingo – Doors open 5 p.m. and bingo starts 7 p.m., 118 10th St., Lockport. Upstairs. Elevator accessible in back of lodge.
• Bingo – 6:45 p.m., Knights of Columbus, 100 S. Infantry Drive, Joliet. Call 815-725-0746.
• Midwest Crossroad Chorus of Sweet Adelines International – 7 p.m., Trinity Christian School, 901 Shorewood Drive, Shorewood. Call 866-588-7464 or visit midwestcrossroad.org.
• Will County Mobile Workforce Center – 9:30 a.m. to noon and from 1 to 3:30 p.m., Plainfield Public Library, 15025 S. Illinois St., Plainfield. Visit jobs4people.org or call 815-727-4444.
• Upward Bound Veterans Job Club – 1:30 to 3:30 p.m., Joliet VA CBOC, 1201 Eagle St., Joliet. For information, call 815-740-8100, ext. 73093.
• Electronics Recycling – 5 to 7 p.m., 1100 S. Cedar Road, New Lenox. For information, visit www.willcountygreen.com.
• ESL Conversation Group – 5:30 to 6:30 p.m., White Oak Library District, Crest Hill Branch, 20670 Len Kubinski Drive, Crest Hill. Call 815-552-4280 or visit www.whiteoaklibrary.org.
• Thanksgiving Day Mass – 9 a.m., Holy Cross Church. 830 Elizabeth St. Joliet.
• Will County Mobile Workforce Center – 9:30 a.m. to noon, Frankfort Public Library District, 21119 S. Pfeiffer Road, Frankfort. Visit jobs4people.org or call 815-727-4444.
• Fish Fry – 10 a.m. to 8 p.m., Stone City Post, Stone City VFW Post 2199, 124 Stone City Drive, Joliet. Dining room open from 4 to 8 p.m. Call 815-722-7122.
• Fish Fry – 11 a.m. to 9 p.m., Knights of Columbus Council 4400, 1813 E. Cass St., Joliet. Fish, chicken and shrimp. Carryout. Call 815-723-3827.
• Will County Mobile Workforce Center – 1:30 to 3:30 p.m., Mokena Public Library, 11327 W. 195th St., Mokena. Visit jobs4people.org or call 815-727-4444.
• Bingo – Doors open 4 p.m., cards begin 6 p.m., St. Mary Nativity School, 702 N. Broadway St., Joliet.
• Fish Fry – 4 to 7:30 p.m., Cantigny VFW Post 367, 826 Horseshoe Drive, Joliet. Call 815-722-5398.
• Fish Fry – 5 p.m., Harry E. Anderson VFW Post 9545, 323 Old Hickory Road, New Lenox. Karaoke begins at 8:30 p.m. Call 815-485-8369 or visit vfwpost9545.org.
• Fish Fry – 4 to 8 p.m., Knights of Columbus Council 4400, 1813 E. Cass St., Joliet. Carryout. Call 815-723-3827.
• 176 Catering Fish Fry – 4:30 to 7:30 p.m., Joliet Elks Lodge No. 296, 250 S.E. Frontage Road, Joliet. Baked and fried cod, fried shrimp, combo, burgers, salad bar. Call 176 West Catering at 815-955-4968.
• Forest Preserve District of Will County Volunteer Workday – 8 a.m. to noon, Hickory Creek Barrens Nature Preserve – Brightway Drive, Mokena. For more information, email firstname.lastname@example.org or call 815-722-7364.
• Household Hazardous Waste Disposal – 9 a.m. to 2 p.m., Naperville Regional HHW Facility, 184 Fort Hill Drive, Naperville. Visit willcountygreen.com. Call 815-474-4385.
• Fish Fry – 4 to 8 p.m., Knights of Columbus Council 4400, 1813 E. Cass St., Joliet. Carryout. Call 815-723-3827.
• Christmas cantata – 3 p.m., St. Jude Catholic Church, 241 W. Second Ave.
New Lenox. Performed by St. Jude music ministry choirs and orchestra. Free. For information, call 815-463-4209, email email@example.com, or visit www. stjudes.org.