• “Catholic Central” – Web series by Family Theater Productions in Hollywood offers entertaining and authoritative answers to questions about Catholic thought, spirituality and practice. Visit www.FamilyTheater.org.
• Catholics Returning Home – Six-week series. 7:30 to 9 p.m. Mary Immaculate Parish, north wing room A, 15629 S. Route 59, Plainfield. Nov. 13: Overview of series, Nov. 20; presentation on inactive Catholics, Nov. 27; “The Church Today: Changes Since Vatican II,” Dec. 4; “The Mass,” Dec. 11; “Sacrament of Reconciliation explained,” Dec. 18; “The Creed: What Catholics Believe.” Registration requested. For information, call Deacon Tom O’Connell at 815-230-2241 or visit
• Choir members wanted – For Mokena United Methodist Church. Choir practice is at 7:30 p.m., Mokena UMC, 10901 W. LaPorte Road, Mokena. Attend weekly practices Wednesdays and sing at 10:15 a.m. Sunday worship. Join anytime. Call the church office at 708-479-1110.
• Grace United Methodist Church fall schedule – Worship services are at
8 a.m. and 10:30 a.m. Sunday school is at 9 a.m. Classes for ages 4 through high school and nursery for younger children. Adult classes include a discussion group, Bible study, Methodist awareness and a class for adults with special needs. Visitors and new members welcome. For information, call 815-725-7632. For Sunday school forms, email Michelle at email@example.com.
• Joliet Jewish Congregation’s Sisterhood gift shop – Open for holiday shopping. Jewelry, books, decorations, mezuzah items, children’s toys and Judaica. For hours of operation and information, call 815-741-4600.
• Musical opportunities at United Methodist Church of New Lenox – Vocal choirs, bell choirs or praise team. Children, teens and adults. Rehearsals are Wednesday or Thursday evenings. Call Mike Weirman about vocal and bell choirs and Tom Burns about the praise team at 815-485-8271.
• Pray with the Franciscan Friars –
8 a.m. (morning prayer) and 6:30 p.m. (evening prayer), Monday through Friday, St. John the Baptist friary, Joliet For information, call Brother Ed at 217-316-4335.
• Snow removal for seniors – The city of Joliet, working with Redeemed Connection Ministries, will offer a program to assist with residential snow removal for Joliet senior citizens age 65 and older and Joliet residents with disabilities. For information, contact the Rev. Adrian Heath at Rev.Heath1@gmail.com or 815-582-0703.
• Vocalists and musicians wanted for ecumenical Christmas concert – Event is 3 p.m. Dec. 3, Channahon United Methodist Church 24751 W. Eames, Channahon. Soloists, ensembles, choirs, instrumentalists and praise bands invited. For information, contact Brittany at 815-467-5275 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
• Chicago pilgrimage – 9 a.m. to
3 p.m. Dec. 9. Will visit The Basilica of the Our Lady of Sorrows, St. Peter Catholic Church, Our Lady of the Highway Chapel at Loyola University and The National Shrine of Our Lady of Guadalupe. Leave from St. John the Baptist Catholic Church, 404 N. Hickory St., Joliet. $35. Includes motor coach and breakfast at friary. Mass is at 11 a.m at shrine. Bring own lunch. For information, call Brother Ed Arambasich at 217-316-4335.
• Thanksgiving Day Mass – 9 a.m., Holy Cross Church. 830 Elizabeth St., Joliet.
• Women’s Bible Study – 9:30 a.m., United Methodist Church, 339 W. Haven Ave., New Lenox. For information, call
• Fish fry – 11 a.m. to 9 p.m., Knights of Columbus Council 4400, 1813 Cass St., Joliet. Fish, chicken and shrimp. Carryout. Call 815-723-3827.
• Bingo – Doors open at 4 p.m. Cards begin at 6 p.m., St. Mary Nativity School, 702 N. Broadway St., Joliet.
• Friday evening services – 7 p.m., Joliet Jewish Congregation, 250 N. Midland Ave., Joliet. For information, visit www.jolietjewishcongregation.com.
• The Christmas Shoppe – 10 a.m. to 4 p.m., Plymouth Congregational Church, 24022 West Lockport St., Plainfield. Handmade crafts, homemade bakery, potica, purses, vendors and raffles.
• Confession – 3:30 to 4:15 p.m., St. Patrick’s Catholic Church, 710 W. Marion St., Joliet. For information, call 815-727-4746.
• Fish fry – 4 to 8 p.m., Knights of Columbus Council 4400, 1813 E. Cass St., Joliet. Carryout. Call 815-723-3827.
• 66th annual Creche Lighting Program – 7 to 8 p.m., Plymouth Congregational Church, 24022 West Lockport St., Plainfield. After the program, the community gathers around the crèche outside and sings “Silent Night”; then it is illuminated and remains so for the Christmas season. A sing-along of popular Christmas songs will begin at 6:45 p.m. Free will offering. Benefits Plainfield Ministerial Association’s emergency/crisis fund.
• Experience Youth Group –
Worship at 9 a.m. Discussion is from 10 to
10:45 a.m., United Methodist Church, 339 W. Haven Ave., New Lenox. Meet in narthex. For information, call 815-485-8271.
• Rosary for the Holy Souls in Purgatory – 9:40 a.m., St. Mary Nativity Church, 706 N. Broadway St., Joliet.
• Kids of the Kingdom Puppet Show – 10 to 10:45 a.m., The Whole Truth Church of God in Christ, 500 Ontario St., Joliet. God, fun and snacks. For information, visit www.TheWholeTruthCogic.org.
• Christmas cantata – 3 p.m., St. Jude Catholic Church, 241 W. Second Ave.
New Lenox. Performed by St. Jude music ministry choirs and orchestra. Free. For information, call 815-463-4209, email email@example.com, or visit
• Chapel Bible study – 7 p.m., United Methodist Church of New Lenox, 339 W. Haven Ave., New Lenox. New members encouraged. For topic and information, call 815-485-8271.
• Michael Johnston’s Bible Study Group – 7 p.m., United Methodist Church, 339 W. Haven Ave., New Lenox. For current topic and information, call 815-485-8271.
• Bible study – 9:30 a.m., St. Mary Nativity, Nativity Room, 706 N. Broadway St., Joliet. Book of Genesis. For information, call Denise Adelmann at 815-838-0337.
• DivorceCare – 6:30 p.m., United Methodist Church in New Lenox. For those going through or struggling with divorce. This is a Bible-based support group that uses both videos and discussion. For information, call 815-485-8271.
• The Wonders of Christmas” –
6:30 p.m., Prairie Creek Public Library, Dwight. Performed by Prairie Creek Singers. Refreshments. Free and open to the public. New members welcome. For information, call 815-287-9806.
• Tuesday Night Prayer Evening for November – 7 p.m., Joliet Franciscan Center, 1433 Essington Road in Joliet. An hour of prayer and reflection. Theme: Anticipating Advent: Making Room for the Mystery of Christ. Light refreshments. For information, call 815-725-8735.
• Gingerbread House Making registration deadline – Event is 6:30 p.m.,
Dec. 1, First United Methodist Church, 1000 S. Washington, Lockport. $3. Includes meringue, decorations and pizza. Bring one box of frosted Pop Tarts for each house you build. RSVP with the number of houses you plan to build and how many people are coming by calling 815-838-1017.
• Confession – 3 to 4 p.m. and
7:30 p.m., St. Patrick’s Catholic Church, 710 W. Marion St., Joliet. For information, call 815-727-4746.
• Widows/Widowers Grief Support Group – 5 to 7 p.m., Coal City United Methodist Church, 6805 E McArdle Road, Coal City. Light meal.
• AWANA – 6:15 p.m., Parker Road Bible Church, 18512 Parker Road, Mokena. Kids learn Bible verses, sing songs and play games. For information, call 708-463-1125.
• JCA’s Pre-Exam Workshop –
6:30 p.m., Joliet Catholic Academy, Joliet. Park the main parking lot off Ingalls Avenue and enter through the main entrance facing Larkin Avenue. Eighth-grade students receive brief overview of the High School Placement Test and complete sample test questions. Parents learn next steps in the application process and course placement. Placement exam is Dec. 2. For information, visit www.jca-online.org/placement-exam.
• Lunch and Learn – Noon to 1:30 p.m., Joliet Jewish Congregation, 250 N. Midland Ave., Joliet. Torah study. $5. RSVP at
815-741-4600. Visit www.jolietjewishcongregation.com.
• Wildside – 6 to 7:30 p.m. (seventh and eighth grade) and 7 to 8:30 p.m. (high school). United Methodist Church of New Lenox, 339 W. Haven Ave., New Lenox. Food, fun and fellowship. Grades three to six. For information, call 815-485-8271.
• “The Center” – 6:30 to 9 p.m., First Presbyterian Church, 805 Western Ave., Joliet. Free food, games, hang time, music and inspirational talk for teens. For information, call 815-474-2569, email firstname.lastname@example.org or visit www.thecenterjoliet.org or Facebook.com/thecenterjoliet.
• Family night – 6:45 to 8 p.m.; also Nov. 16, Crystal Lawns Church of the Nazarene, 2424 Caton Farm Road, Joliet. For information, call 815-436-3380.