• Abuse/neglect of seniors or disabled adults – In Grundy County, call Catholic Charities at 815-933-7791 or the 24-hour adult protective services hotline at 866-800-1409.
• Advocate Childhood Trauma Treatment Program – No-cost 20-session therapy/counseling services for children and adolescents who have experienced trauma. Call 1-800-210-1110 or visit advocatehealth.com/familycarenetwork.
• Affordable Care Act open enrollment – The Access to Dental and Primary Care Committee of the Will County Mobilizing for Action through Planning and Partnerships Collaborative said Medicaid and marketplace insurance still are both available through the Affordable Care Act for 2018 through Dec. 15. All plans sold during this period will start Jan. 1, 2018. To enroll or for information, visit www.healthcare.gov or make an appointment with an ACA outreach specialist at the Will County Community Health Center by calling 815-774-6090 or by walking in at 1106 Neal Ave, Joliet.
• Alden Courts of Shorewood Memory Care Community is offering respite care – For information, call 815-230-8600.
• Breakfast Club – Lewis University, Student Recreation and Fitness Center, 1 University Parkway, Romeoville. Ages 55 and older. For times, fees, registration and information, call Jill Siegfried at 815-836-5277.
• Cardiac risk assessment – Outpatient Testing Center, Silver Cross Hospital, 1900 Silver Cross Blvd., New Lenox. Measures total cholesterol including HDL and LDL levels, blood glucose level, triglyceride level, blood pressure and body fat, and 12-lead EKG. A 12-hour fast is required. $40. Cash, check or credit card will be accepted at the time of appointment. Insurance will not be billed. Call 815-300-7076.
• Catholic Charities’ Ombudsman Program – Protects and promotes the rights and quality of life for those who reside in long-term-care facilities in Kankakee, Will and Grundy counties. Services are confidential and free. Call 815-932-1921 or 800-252-8966.
• Child Abuse Hotline – 1-800-252-2873
• Flu shots – Walk-ins: 8 to 11:30 a.m. Monday, Thursday and Friday; 1 to 4 p.m. Tuesday and 1 to 6 p.m. Wednesday. Closed fourth Friday of the month. Will County Health Department’s Immunizations office, 501 Ella Ave., Joliet. By appointment at the northern branch, 323 Quadrangle Drive, Bolingbrook; and the eastern branch, 5601 W. Monee-Manhattan Road, Monee. For appointments at either branch, residents can call 815-740-8143. Fees: Quadrivalent flu vaccine for adults and children is $40. High-dose flu vaccines for age 65 and older and egg-free flu vaccines are $65. The fee is $23.75 for ages 6 months through 18, who are eligible for the Vaccines for Children Program. For information, visit www.willcountyhealth.org.
• Free blood pressure checks – 10 a.m. to 2 p.m., Silver Cross Health Center, 12701 W. 143rd St., Homer Glen. Walk-ins welcome. For information, call 708-364 6337.
• Free health insurance counseling – A volunteer counselor from the Senior Health Insurance Program is available at Morris Hospital by appointment. Counselors also are available by appointment in Coal City and Seneca. Open enrollment is through Dec. 7. Call 815-705-1063. If younger than age 65 and currently not on Medicare, call 1-866-311-1119 to enroll in the Illinois Marketplace offerings or to obtain other assistance, such as locating a local counselor.
• Grief counseling – Available at Joliet Area Community Hospice for anyone of any age experiencing loss due to death of child, parent, sibling, grandparent, relative, friend or pet, regardless of the cause of death. Call Mary Ann Burns at 815-460-3282.
• Grundy VAC office – To learn about programs for veterans on the local, state and federal level, call 815-941-3152.
• Illinois Poison Control – 24 hours a day, 365 days a year, including holidays. Call IPC at 1-800-222-1222. For information, visit
• LifeSource Blood Donor mobile app – Android users: Google Play. iPhone users: Apple App Store.
• Lung cancer screening – Low-dose CT scan. Annual screening recommended for adults age 55 to 74 years old who have smoked at least a pack a day for 30 years, current smokers, or have quit within the last 15 years and are in relatively good health. Covered by Medicare and most insurance plans. Must have a doctor’s order. To schedule, call 815-300-7076.
• Medicare Open Enrollment: Free help for seniors – Senior Health Insurance Program at 800-252-8966, weekdays 8:30 a.m. to
5:00 p.m. For information about SHIP, including a list of locations, visit www.illinois.gov/aging/ship/Pages/default.aspx.
• Morris Hospital online childbirth class – Instructive videos, animations, interactive games and stories. Tours of the Family Birthing Suites at Morris Hospital scheduled upon request. $65. Register at www.morrishospital.org/events. For information, call 815-942-3012.
• Morris Hospital online health risk assessments – For heart health, peripheral artery disease and stroke. Visit www.morrishospital.org/getcheckednow.
• Morris Hospital seeking patient transportation volunteers – For information on volunteering, call Morris Hospital at 815-705-7022.
• Morris Hospital seeking volunteers for Youth Cardiac Screening Program – To volunteer, contact Karen Nowosielski or visit www.morrishospital.org/rhythmofouryouth.
• NAMI – Offers information about mental illness conditions, symptoms and treatment at www.namiwillgrundy.org or through its HelpLine at 815-731-9103.
• Postnatal physical therapy screenings – Silver Cross Health Center, 12701 W. 143rd St., Homer Glen. Free for women six weeks to one year post-delivery. 15-minute exam. Focus on posture, core and pelvic strength. For confidential appointment, call 815-300-6288.
• Seniors: Weatherize Your Home – Two visits a year includes a home safety inspections, weatherizing, outdoor water line check, moving of outdoor hoses, dryer vent check and cleaning, smoke detector battery check and replacement, furnace or air conditioner filter check and replacement, outdoor light bulb replacement, covering or uncovering air-conditioning units; and installing or removing window air-conditioning units. $20 a month for members of Senior Services of Will County or $30 a month for nonmembers. For information, call Sandy at 815-740-4204.
• Will County Health Department walk-in Immunization Clinic – 501 Ella Ave., Joliet. For hours and information about immunization services available to children and adults, call the Will County Health Department immunizations desk at 815-740-8143 or visit shawurl.com/34il.
• Yoga – 10:30 to 11:30 a.m.; also Nov. 28, The Cancer Support Center, 19657 S. LaGrange Road, Mokena. For information, call 708-478-3529 or visit www.CancerSupportCenter.org.
• Family Caregiver Support Group – 11 a.m.; also Nov. 28, Easter Seals, Joliet Region, 212 Barney Drive, Joliet. Contact Kathy Miller at
815-931-9693 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
• Bosom Buddies support group – 7 to
8:30 p.m., Presence Cancer Care, 2614 W. Jefferson St., Joliet.
• Joliet TOPS – Weigh-in is from 5:45 to
6:15 p.m., meeting is at 6:30 p.m.; also Nov. 28, First Presbyterian Church, 805 Western Ave., Joliet. For information, call 630-877-7943.
• Birthing Center tours – 7 p.m.; also Nov. 21, Silver Cross Hospital, 1900 Silver Cross Blvd., New Lenox. Call 888-660-4325 or visit www.silvercross.org/our-services/other-services/birthing-center.
• Sit & Stay Fit Chair Exercises – 10:30 to 11:30 a.m., Crest Hill Library, 20670 Len Kubinski Drive, Crest Hill. For information, call 815-552-4284 or visit www.whiteoaklibrary.org.
• Get Moving Get Fit – 4 to 4:45 p.m., The Cancer Support Center, 19657 S. LaGrange Road, Mokena. For information, call 708-478-3529 or visit www.CancerSupportCenter.org.
• Stroke Support Group – 4 to 5 p.m. at Silver Cross Hospital, Rehabilitation Institute of Chicago Inpatient Unit dining room, 1900 Silver Cross Blvd., New Lenox. First-time participants register at 888-660-4325 or www.silvercross.org.
• Obesity and Your Health: Is Weight Loss Surgery Right for You? – 5:45 p.m. BMI Surgery, Silver Cross Hospital Pavilion A, Suite 260, 1890 Silver Cross Blvd., New Lenox. Drs. Christopher Joyce and Brian Lahmann, gastric bypass surgeons, will offer a free informational session. Register at 888-660-4325 or www.silvercross.org.
• Brain Injury Support Group – 6 p.m., Easter Seals Joliet Region, 212 Barney Drive, Joliet. Contact Kathy Miller at 815-931-9693 or email@example.com.
• Substance Use Disorder Education –
6 p.m., Stepping Stones, 1621 Theodore St., Joliet. Topics include effects of drugs, overdose prevention, disease versus choice, Alanon and co-dependency, effect on families and needs of family members. Reservations not needed. For information, call 815-744-4555, ext. 111.
• Kids Film Club – 4 to 5 p.m., The Cancer Support Center, 19657 S. LaGrange Road, Mokena. Children ages 6 to 12 with cancer may attend. Will learn social-emotional skills through popular movies and activities to help process what they watched. For registration and information, call 708-478-3529 or visit www.CancerSupportCenter.org.
• Holiday Tree & Wreath Sale ends today – Through Nov. 24. 24-inch Fraser fir wreaths for $30, 6- to 8-foot Fraser fir trees for $50 and 8- to 10-foot Fraser fir trees for $65. Benefits Cancer Support Center. Order at give.classy.org/TreeSale17. For information, email Brandon Newberry at firstname.lastname@example.org or call 708-798-9171.
• Birthing Center tours – 1:30 p.m.; also
1:30 and 4 p.m. Sunday, Silver Cross Hospital, 1900 Silver Cross Blvd., New Lenox. Call
888-660-4325 or visit www.silvercross.org/our-services/other-services/birthing-center.
• Holiday Hustle 5K Run/Walk – 1 to 3 p.m. Babe’s Tap, 755 S. Broadway St., Coal City. Proceeds benefit Coal City Backpack Program. Register at register.chronotrack.com/r/34819. For information, call Pam at 815-518-2300.
• NAMI Family Support Group (Bolingbrook) – 6 p.m., Adventist Bolingbrook Hospital, Inspire Room, 500 Remington Blvd., Bolingbrook. For more information, call 815-731-9103 or email email@example.com.
• Tai Chi – 2:30 p.m., Timbers of Shorewood retirement community, 1100 N. River Road, Shorewood. Free and open to the public. For information, call 815-609-0669 or visit
• Teen clinic – 3 to 6 p.m., Will County Community Health Center, 1106 Neal Ave., Joliet. Birth control, health education, and testing pregnancy, sexually transmitted diseases and HIV. Ages 12 to 21. Walk-ins welcome. For information, call or text 815-685-2178.
• Breast Cancer Networking Group – 6 to 7:30 p.m., The Cancer Support Center, 19657 S. LaGrange Road, Mokena. For information,call 708-478-3529 or visit www.CancerSupportCenter.org.
• Tai Chi Qigong Free Demo Class registration deadline – Event is 10:30 to 11:30 a.m., Nov. 29, The Oaks Recreation & Fitness Center, 10847 La Porte Road, Mokena. Age 18 and older. Register at 708-390-2343 or www.mokenapark.com.
• Blood drive – 11 a.m. to 3 p.m., Our Lady of Angels Retirement Home, 1201 Wyoming Ave., Joliet. To make an appointment or for information, download the American Red Cross Blood Donor App, visit redcrossblood.org or call 1-800-RED CROSS (1-800-733-2767)