• Letters to Santa – Write to Santa and let him know whether you have been bad or good. Santa will be accepting letters until 5 p.m. Dec. 10. He will write back and let children know that he received their requests. Print your address clearly and send to Romeoville Recreation Department, C/O Santa, 900 W. Romeo Road, Romeoville, IL 60446, and we will forward to Santa, For children up through fourth grade.
• Letters to Santa – Place child’s letter in envelope and address to child. Add return address: Santa, North Pole. Place in second envelope (priority mail flat rate envelope preferred) and address to North Pole Postmark, Postmaster, 4141 Postmark Drive, Anchorage, Alaska, 99530-9998. Must be received by postmaster no later than Dec. 15.
• Receive a special video message from Santa this year. Single child video or sibling video. Forms are available at plfdparks.org or guest services. One form per family, please list all children separately. Registration deadline is Dec. 1. Submit forms to Misty at Bartlett@plainfieldparkdistrict.com. For information, call 815-436-8812.
• Winterland Wonderland and Hope for the Holidays – Edward Hospital Athletic and Event Center, 55 Phelps Ave., Romeoville. Romeoville Fire Department and Romeoville Firefighters Local 4237 will bring Santa on decorated, flashy vehicles. Tree lighting at 6 p.m. Hot chocolate and cookies immediately following the parade. Admission is one non-perishable food item. Activities include children’s entertainment, inflatables, crafts, a picture with Santa (for the first 400 children).
• Santa Fun Run 5k – Begins and ends within Chicagoland Speedway’s 1.5 mile D-shaped tri-oval. Registration fees, which include the Santa suit (while supplies last) and entrance to Santa’s Celebration post-race, are $30 for adults, $20 for students with school ID and $10 for children ages 5 to 12. Children 4 and under are free. Participants must register by Nov. 30 to receive an event T-shirt. Run or walk. Wheelchairs and strollers welcome. Pictures with Santa in Gatorade Victory Lane from 10 a.m. to 5 p.m. Hosted by Chicagoland Speedway’s R.A.C.E. Foundation and JTHS Alumni Association. Proceeds benefit R.A.C.E. Register at ChicagolandSpeedway.com/Santa. For information or for sponsorship opportunities, contact Sarah Palya PR@chicagolandspeedway.com.
• Breakfast with Santa – 7 to 11 a.m., Lincoln-Way East cafeteria, Frankfort. Eggs, pancakes, sausage, juice, milk, coffee. Pictures with Santa. Face painting. $6 at door. Children under age 3 with adult are free. Benefits athletes at LWEHS. Marine Corps co-hosting Toys-for-Tots drive. Donations of unwrapped new toys encouraged.
• Santa’s Workshop – 9 to 11 a.m., Minooka Elementary School on Coady Drive. Shop for reasonably priced gifts. Cookies, juice, coffee for the shoppers. Santa Claus. Free gift wrapping by the Silver Spurs 4-H Club. Event sponsored by Minooka Women’s Club.
• Santa Visits the Library –10 to 11:30 a.m., Coal City Public Library District, 85 N. Garfield St., Coal City. Crafts, snacks, Christmas story and photos with Santa (bring own camera). For information, contact Rene Norris at 815-634-4552 ext. 110 or email@example.com.
• Visit with Santa – 10 a.m. to 2 p.m.; also Dec. 9, Chicagoland Lionel Railroad Club, 1311 S. Schoolhouse Road, New Lenox. Free popcorn. Also available, pizza, hot dogs, pop. $3 per person or $8 per family. Visit www.clrctrains.com.
• Romeoville Humane Society Santa Paws Craft/Vendor Fair – 10:30 a.m. to 2:30 p.m., Friendship Centre at Highpoint, 175 Highpoint Drive, Romeoville. Free admission. Pet photos with Santa for $10. 25 crafters and vendors. Goody bags to first 50 guests. Raffles. Proceeds benefit the Romeoville Humane Society. For information, email fundraising@RomeovilleHumaneSociety.org.
• Breakfast with Santa & Elf Workshop – 8 a.m. to 12:30 p.m., Center for Disability Services, 311 S. Reed St., Joliet. Pancakes and sausage. Biscuits and gravy. Breakfast is donated by Country Charm Restaurant in New Lenox. $7 (adults) and $4 (children). Sponsored by Friends of Center for Disability Services. Over 20 vendors. Craft show runs until 2 p.m.
• Santa Paws – 11 a.m. to 3 p.m.; also Dec. 10, 2 Paws 4U Pet Bakery and Treats, 1504 Singleton Road, Joliet. Santa photos. $10 for a 4x6 photo printed on site by Shooting the Gap Photography. Proceeds from Dec. 3 event benefit Paws Up 4 Rescue. Proceeds from Dec. 10 event benefit Midwest Small Dog Rescue. Rescue dogs available for adoption at both events.
• Lockport Holiday Open House – 5 to 8 p.m., Lockport Branch Library, at 121 E. 8th Street, Lockport. Crafts, refreshments, music, visit with Santa and Mrs. Claus from 6 to 7 p.m. For information, call 815-552-4260 or visit www.whiteoaklibrary.org.
• Take a Journey to the North Pole with the Plainfield Park District – 5 to 8 p.m.; also Dec. 9, Four Seasons Park, 22500 W. Lockport St., Plainfield. Sing songs, enjoy snacks, and keep warm by the fire and visit Santa and his elves. Wagon times vary. Dress for the weather. For information, visit www.plfdparks.org or call 815-436-8812.
• Breakfast with Santa Fundraiser – 9 a.m. to 1 p.m., Joliet Moose, 25 Springfield Ave., Joliet. Also face painting. $7 (advance) and $9 (at door). Kinds under age 4 free. For information, email firstname.lastname@example.org.
• Seventh Annual Breakfast with Santa – Providence Catholic High School, New Lenox. A special Mass for children and their families will begin promptly at 9 a.m. in the school’s Immaculate Heart of Mary gym. Following Mass, breakfast available for all guests in cafeteria. Activity stations for children. Santa. Event limited to first 300 RSVPs (each family should include at least one PCHS alumni, parent of alumni or PCCA family). $5. Children 2 and under free. Register at www.providencecatholic.org/calendar/breakfast-with-santa-17.
• Santa Claus Rides a Fire Truck – 11 a.m., Hibernia, Cherry Hill, Jacobs Field, Jackson Branch neighborhoods in New Lenox. For information, call the New Lenox Fire Protection District at 815-463-4500.
• Pancake Breakfast – 8 to 11 a.m., Lockport VFW, 1026 E. 9th St., Lockport. Breakfast, a
visit with Santa, baked goods for sale, raffle, kids activities. $7 at the door. Ages 4 and under free.
• Stories with Santa – 6:30 to 8:30 p.m.; also 10 to 11:30 a.m., Dec. 13, Joliet Public Library, 3395 Black Road, Joliet. Children of all ages, no registration required. Santa’s helpers will read seasonal stories. Co-sponsored by the Will County Reading Council. For information, call 815-740-2660 or visit jolietlibrary.org.
• Breakfast with Santa – 9 to 10:30 a.m., Plainfield Township Community Center, Plainfield. Photo opportunities from 9 to 10 a.m. Holiday crafts and games. $12 (residents) and $15 (non-residents). Children under age 1 don’t need to register. Visit www.plfdparks.org or call 815-436-8812.
• Santa Claus Rides a Fire Truck – 11 a.m., Rachael Ridge, Heather Glen, Sky Harbor neighborhoods in New Lenox. For information, call the New Lenox Fire Protection District at 815-463-4500.
• HO, HO, HO – Here Comes Santa and Mrs. Claus! – 1 to 3 p.m., Mokena Community Public Library District, 11327 W.195th St., Mokena. Visit with Santa, holiday crafts, refreshments, elf’s scavenger hunt. To register, call 708-479-9663 or register on our events calendar at www.mokenalibrary.org.
• Santa Claus Rides a Fire Truck – 11 a.m., Walker Estates, Boulder Ridge, Foxborough neighborhoods in New Lenox. For information, call the New Lenox Fire Protection District at 815-463-4500.