Does your church or organization host a food pantry or other event to help the hungry? Send the information and/or photos to email@example.com.
• 25th Annual Christmas Drive – The Plainfield High School-Central Campus Parent Teacher Student Organization is collecting monetary donations for its 25th annual Christmas drive for a Christmas dinner and individual gifts for needy District 202-area families. To donate money or adopt a family, contact Linda Hanley at 815-439-2670 or firstname.lastname@example.org, or Audrey Stein at 815-436-3200 or email@example.com.
• Daybreak Center: Shepherd’s Table – 8:30 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. Monday through Friday. For food, call 815-774-4663. To volunteer, email Stephanie Ambrose at firstname.lastname@example.org.
• Fellowship Bible – First and third Thursday of each month. The church serves only 50 families. Anyone else must be put on a waiting list. When a family leaves, the next family on the list will be allowed to come. For food or to volunteer, call 815-727-1530.
• Lebanon District Laymen Ministry – 9 to 11 a.m. fourth Saturday of the month. For food or to volunteer, call 815-723-9445.
• Life Line Food Pantry – 10 a.m. to 1 p.m. every Wednesday. For food or to volunteer, call 815-722-2570.
• Lemont United Methodist Church Food Pantry – 9:30 a.m. to 12:30 p.m. Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday. For information, call 630-257-5210.
• Ridgewood United Community Pantry – 1 to 3 p.m. Wednesdays, Trinity United Methodist Church, 301 Fairbanks Ave., Joliet. Serves residents of ZIP codes 60432 and 60433. For information, call 815-722-2383.
• Sacred Heart: Family Table Soup Kitchen – Noon to 2 p.m. every Tuesday. Anyone can come; no ID is required. For food or to volunteer, call 815-722-0295.
• Salvation Army Joliet Food Pantry – Noon to 3 p.m. every Monday. Visitors may only come once a month. A Will County photo ID is required, as well as a piece of mail verifying the address for every family member age 18 or older. A birth certificate for children younger than 18 or medical card that shows children’s dates of birth is required for the first visit. For food or to volunteer, call 815-726-4834.
• Second Baptist Food Pantry (Blessing Table Ministry) – Noon to 4 p.m. every Thursday. For food or to volunteer, call 815-726-3731.
• Soul Food Pantry – 4:30 to 6 p.m. twice a month, normally first and third Monday. Volunteers: Come a little early to be assigned jobs. Call 815-725-6835.
• Spanish Community Center – 11:30 a.m. to 2 p.m. every Tuesday. For food or to volunteer, call 815-727-3683.
• St. John The Baptist Food Pantry – 9 to 11:30 a.m. every Monday. Serves residents with 60435 and 60436 ZIP codes. For food and to volunteer, call 815-727-4788.
• St. Patrick’s Food Pantry – 9 to 11:30 a.m. every Monday except holidays. Call 815-727-4746.
• Warren-Sharpe Community Center – 1 to 4 p.m. Tuesdays and Fridays. Serves Will County residents. Visitors must bring ID or document proving their address is in Will County. People only are allowed to come to the pantry to get food once a month. For food or to volunteer, call 815-722-2727.
Little Free Food Pantries
• Canals & Trails Credit Union – 838 S. State St., Lockport
• D’Arcy Hyundai – 2521 W. Jefferson St., Joliet
• EZ Auto – 313 S. Larkin Ave., Joliet
• Hope United Methodist Church – 2506 Caton Farm Road, Joliet,
• Lardi Chiropractic – 495 E. 1st St., Coal City
• Living Water Church of the Nazarene – 118 E. Jefferson St., Morris
• Mazon American Legion Post 352 – 508 Depot St., Mazon
• Phelan Acres Bible Church – 26009 Willow Lane, Wilmington
• SouthField Church, 24557 W. Eames St., Channahon
• Shorewood-Troy Public Library “Little Free Food Pantry” – Has space for baby/toddler food, nonperishable food items and hygiene items. For information, contact Jennie Mills at 815-725-1715 or email@example.com.