• Citizen Science Bat Monitoring Program – Sign-up deadline is April 1. First come, first served. For information, call Forest Preserve District of Will County’s volunteer supervisor Renee Gauchat at 815-722-7364. For information, visit ReconnectWithNature.org.
• Free dry dog food – For active and retired U.S. military personnel. Monthly program. Must be picked up by the owner in Joliet. Proof of military service is required if you are retired. For information and short telephone interview, call COPE Animal Rescue at 815-342-0378.
• Injured wildlife – Contact a wildlife rehabilitator by visiting shawurl.com/32k8 or web.extension.illinois.edu/wildlife.
• The Forest Preserve District of Will County dog parks – Permit required. For information, visit www.reconnectwithnature.org.
• Yappetizers – Public Landing Restaurant, 200 W. Eight St., Lockport. For information, call 815-838-6500 or visit www.publiclandingrestaurant.com.
• Yearlong food drive for Will County Humane Society – 8 a.m. to 6 p.m. Monday through Friday, VCA Animal Hospital, 220 N. Hammes Ave., Joliet. For information, call 815-729-0770 or 815-741-0695 or visit willcountyhumane.com.
• Puppy and beginner dog training classes – Six-week classes start at noon Jan. 16 and continue through Feb. 20, Francis Field Youth Foundation Building, 801 E. Francis Road, New Lenox. $120. Call Carolyn McGuire at 815-922-3058.
• Tail Waggin’ Tutors – 10 to 11 a.m., Coal City Public Library, 85 N. Garfield St., Coal City. Does your child love dogs? Does your child want or need to practice their reading skills? If you answered yes to either of these questions, then we have the program for you. Kindergarten through third grade and third to fifth grade. To schedule a time, contact Rene Norris at 815-634-4552, ext. 110, or email@example.com.
• Breakfast with Santa Fundraiser –
9 a.m. to 1 p.m., Joliet Moose, 25 Springfield Ave., Joliet. Also face painting. $7 (advance) and $9 (at door). Kinds under age 4 free. For information, email firstname.lastname@example.org.