• “Catholic Central” – Web series by Family Theater Productions in Hollywood offers entertaining and authoritative answers to questions about Catholic thought, spirituality and practice. Visit www.FamilyTheater.org.
• Catholics Returning Home – Six-week series. 7:30 to 9 p.m. Mary Immaculate Parish, north wing room A, 15629 S. Route 59, Plainfield. The Mass,” Dec. 11; “Sacrament of Reconciliation explained,” Dec. 18; “The Creed: What Catholics Believe.” Registration requested. For information, call Deacon Tom O’Connell at 815-230-2241 or visit
• Choir members wanted – For Mokena United Methodist Church. Choir practice is at 7:30 p.m., Mokena UMC, 10901 W. LaPorte Road, Mokena. Attend weekly practices Wednesdays and sing at 10:15 a.m. Sunday worship. Join anytime. Call the church office at 708-479-1110.
• Donations of diapers and new underwear (all sizes) needed – Drop off from
9 a.m. to noon Monday and Friday and 9 a.m. to 3 p.m. Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday, The Giving Tree, 3016 S. State St., Lockport (located behind Norma’s Cafe). For information, call 815-714-2674 or email email@example.com
• Grace United Methodist Church fall schedule – Worship services are at 8 a.m. and 10:30 a.m. Sunday school is at 9 a.m. Classes for ages 4 through high school and nursery for younger children. Adult classes include a discussion group, Bible study, Methodist awareness and a class for adults with special needs. Visitors and new members welcome. For information, call
815-725-7632. For Sunday school forms, email Michelle at firstname.lastname@example.org.
• Joliet Jewish Congregation’s Hadassah Book Club – Meets 7 p.m. monthly at a congregant’s home. For information, call 815-741-4600.
• Joliet Jewish Congregation’s Sisterhood gift shop – Open for holiday shopping. Jewelry, books, decorations, mezuzah items, children’s toys and Judaica. For hours of operation and information, call 815-741-4600.
• Musical opportunities at United Methodist Church of New Lenox – Vocal choirs, bell choirs or praise team. Children, teens and adults. Rehearsals are Wednesday or Thursday evenings. Call Mike Weirman about vocal and bell choirs and Tom Burns about the praise team at 815-485-8271.
• Pray with the Franciscan Friars – 8 a.m. (morning prayer) and 6:30 p.m. (evening prayer) Monday through Friday, St. John the Baptist friary, Joliet. For information, call Brother Ed at 217-316-4335.
• Snow removal for seniors – The city of Joliet, working with Redeemed Connection Ministries, will offer a program to assist with residential snow removal for Joliet senior citizens age 65 and older and Joliet residents with disabilities. For information, contact the Rev. Adrian Heath at Rev.Heath1@gmail.com or 815-582-0703.
• Midwest Mission Distribution Center trip – Feb. 12 to Feb. 17. Chatham. For registration and information, call the United Methodist Church in New Lenox at
• Retreat for men considering life as a Franciscan – Noon Dec. 27 to 10 a.m. Dec. 30, St. John Friary, 404 N. Hickory St., Joliet. Meet other men considering the Franciscan lifestyle and pray and eat together. Register ASAP. Call 217-316-4335.
• Lunch and Learn – Noon to 1:30 p.m. Joliet Jewish Congregation, 250 N. Midland Ave., Joliet. Torah study. $5. RSVP at
815-741-4600. Visit www.jolietjewishcongregation.com.
• Solemnity of the Immaculate Conception – 4 p.m. and 7:30 p.m.; also 8:30 a.m. and 4 p.m. Dec. 8, Holy Cross Church, 830 Elizabeth St., Joliet; also 8:30 a.m. and 4 p.m. (Polish) Dec. 8, St. Mary Nativity Church,
706 N. Broadway St. Joliet.
• Solemnity of the Immaculate Conception – 4 p.m.; also 7:30 a.m. and 6 p.m. Dec. 8, St. Mary Magdalene Catholic Church,
127 S. Briggs St., Joliet. Mass in honor of the Solemnity of the Immaculate Conception, a Holy Day of Obligation for Catholics. For information, call 815-722-7653.
• Wildside – 6 to 7:30 p.m. (seventh and eighth grade) and 7 to 8:30 p.m. (high school). Also Dec. 14, United Methodist Church of New Lenox, 339 W. Haven Ave., New Lenox. Food, fun and fellowship. Grades 3 to 6. For information, call 815-485-8271.
• “The Center” – 6:30 to 9 p.m.; also Dec. 14, First Presbyterian Church, 805 Western Ave., Joliet. Free food, games, hang time, music and inspirational talk for teens. For information, call 815-474-2569, email email@example.com or visit www.thecenterjoliet.org or Facebook.com/thecenterjoliet.
• Family night – 6:45 to 8 p.m.; also Dec. 14, Crystal Lawns Church of the Nazarene, 2424 Caton Farm Road, Joliet. For information, call 815-436-3380.
• Feast of the Immaculate Conception –
7 p.m. (English, church); also 7:30 a.m. (church), 8:45 a.m. (school Mass), noon (English, church), 5:30 p.m. (Polish, Cana),
7 p.m. (Spanish, Cana) Dec. 8; and 6:30 to
8 p.m. (Spanish Mass, church), 8 to
8:30 p.m. (Mañanitas, church) and 8:30 to
9 p.m. (fellowship, gym) Dec. 12, St. Mary Immaculate Parish, 15629 S. Rt. 59, Plainfield.
• Our Lady of Guadalupe novena – 7 p.m.; also 8 p.m. Dec. 8, 6:30 p.m. Dec. 9, 1:30 p.m. Dec. 10 and 7 p.m. Dec. 11, St. Mary Immaculate Parish, 15629 S. Route 59, Plainfield.
• Solemnity of the Immaculate Conception – 7:30 a.m., St. Bernard Catholic Church, Sterling Avenue and High streets, Joliet. Holy Day of Obligation for Catholics. For information, phone 815-726-4474.
• Women’s Bible Study – 9:30 a.m.,
United Methodist Church, 339 W. Haven Ave., New Lenox. For information, call
• Fish fry – 11 a.m. to 9 p.m., Knights of Columbus Council 4400, 1813 Cass St., Joliet. Fish, chicken and shrimp. Carryout. Call
• Bingo – Doors open at 4 p.m. Cards begin at 6 p.m., St. Mary Nativity School, 702 N. Broadway St., Joliet.
• Friday evening services – 7 p.m., Joliet Jewish Congregation, 250 N. Midland Ave., Joliet. For information, visit www.jolietjewishcongregation.com.5.
• Men’s breakfast – 7:45 to 8:45 a.m., Grandma’s Pancake House, 669 E. Minooka Road, Minooka. Men meet for morning coffee, breakfast and fellowship. For information, call Channahon United Methodist Church at 815- 467-5275 or visit www.channahonumc.org.
• Christmas Cookie Sale – 8:30 a.m. until cookies are gone, Minooka United Methodist Church annex, 308 Massasoit St., Minooka. Decorated and homemade cookies. $12 a bucket. Sponsored by Minooka United Methodist Women. Benefits missions helping women and children.
• Annual Cookie Walk – 9 a.m., Grace United Methodist Church, 1718 Avalon Ave., Joliet. Many varieties.
• Chicago pilgrimage – 9 a.m. to 3 p.m. Dec. 9. Will visit The Basilica of the Our Lady of Sorrows, St. Peter Catholic Church, Our Lady of the Highway Chapel at Loyola University and The National Shrine of Our Lady of Guadalupe. Leave from St. John the Baptist Catholic Church, 404 N. Hickory St., Joliet. $35. Includes motor coach and breakfast at friary. Mass is at 11 a.m at shrine. Bring own lunch. For information, call Brother Ed Arambasich at 217-316-4335.
• United Methodist Women gathering – 9 a.m., Coal City United Methodist Church, 6805 E. McArdle Road, Coal City. United Methodist Women is an action organization that helps women, children and youth. For information, call 815-634-8670.
• Cookie Heaven – 10 a.m. to 1 p.m., First Presbyterian Church Morris, 200 E. Jackson St., Morris. Help support a great cause, Loving Deeds for Kids in Need. The event ends when cookies run out. For information, call 815-942-1871.
• Confession – 3:30 to 4:15 p.m., St. Patrick’s Catholic Church, 710 W. Marion St., Joliet. For information, call 815-727-4746.
• Fish fry – 4 to 8 p.m., Knights of Columbus Council 4400, 1813 E. Cass St., Joliet. Carryout. Call 815-723-3827.
• Soup and Salad Supper, Christmas Cookie and Decoration Sale – 4 to
6:30 p.m., Ingalls Park United Methodist Church, 105 Davison St., Joliet. Chicken noodle and beef barley soups, and chili. $8 (adults) and $4 (ages 4 to 12). Handicap- accessible. For tickets and information, call 815-722-2383.
• Christmas Concert: A Christmas Story With a Christmas Heart – 7:30 p.m., St. Mary Immaculate Parish, 15629 S. Route 59, Plainfield. For information, visit smip.org or call 815-436-265.
• Christmas Cantata – 9 and 10:45 a.m. services, United Methodist Church, 339 W. Haven Ave., New Lenox. For information, call 815-485-8271.
• Experience Youth Group – Worship at 9 a.m. Discussion is from 10 to 10:45 a.m., United Methodist Church, 339 W. Haven Ave., New Lenox. Meet in narthex. For information, call 815-485-8271.
• Rosary for the Holy Souls in Purgatory – 9:40 a.m., St. Mary Nativity Church, 706 N. Broadway St., Joliet.
• Children’s christmas program – 10 a.m., First Presbyterian Church, 200 E. Jackson St., Morris. For information, call 815- 942-1871.
• Children’s christmas program –
10:30 a.m. service only, Grace United Methodist Church, 1718 Avalon Ave., Joliet.
• Christmas walk – 10:30 a.m. to 1:30 p.m., Our Lady of Angels, 1201 Wyoming Ave., Joliet. Tour building to view new Christmas decorations. Hot chocolate, coffee and cookies. For information, call 815-725-6631.
• “Our Lady of Fatima Living Her Message” – 11 a.m. to noon, St. Patrick’s Catholic Church, 710 W. Marion St., Joliet. Live drama. Rosary led by students. For information, call 815-727-4746.
• Caroling and cookie delivery – Deliver by 10 a.m. to United Methodist Church, 339 W. Haven Ave., New Lenox. Delivery and caroling is from noon to 3 p.m. For information, call 815-485-8271.
• Confession – 2 p.m. to 12 a.m., Dec. 11, St. Patrick’s Catholic Church, 710 W. Marion St., Joliet. For information, call 815-727-4746.
• Saxophone recital – 2 to 3 p.m., First Presbyterian Church, 200 E. Jackson St., Morris. The Rev. Clint Wilburn is pastor. The Rev. Roy Backus will give his first saxophone recital on alto and soprano saxophones. He will play some classical arrangements, traditional religious hymns, jazz standards and some Christmas favorites. Accompanists include Jill Kopczick on piano, Robert Ferraris on bass and Adam Roseland on vocals. This is part of the Grundy County Arts Guild Series. For information, call 815- 942-1871.
• Annual Christmas Concert – 4 p.m., Mount Moriah Baptist Church, 1503 Arthur Ave., Joliet.
• Living Nativity – 5 to 6 p.m., First Presbyterian Church, 200 E. Jackson St., Morris. Reenactments at 5, 5:20 and 5:40 p.m. For information, call 815- 942-1871.
• Chapel Bible study – 7 p.m., United Methodist Church of New Lenox, 339 W. Haven Ave., New Lenox. New members encouraged. For topic and information, call 815-485-8271.
• Michael Johnston’s Bible Study Group – 7 p.m., United Methodist Church, 339 W. Haven Ave., New Lenox. For current topic and information, call 815-485-8271.
• Advent Prayer Luncheon RSVP deadline – Event is 11:30 a.m., Dec. 13, Joliet Franciscan Center, 1433 Essington Road in Joliet. This event is for men and women. Light lunch available. Speaker: Sister Mary Elizabeth is the vice-president of mission integration and ,ministry at the University of St. Francis in Joliet and vicaress/first councilor for the Franciscan Sisters of the Sacred Heart. Suggested donation is $10. Bring non-perishable food items for local food pantry. RSVP at 815-725-8735.
• Bible study – 9:30 a.m., St. Mary Nativity, Nativity Room, 706 N. Broadway St., Joliet. Book of Genesis. For information, call Denise Adelmann at 815-838-0337.
• DivorceCare – 6:30 p.m., United Methodist Church in New Lenox. For those going through or struggling with divorce. This is a Bible-based support group that uses both videos and discussion. For information, call 815-485-8271.
• Confession – 3 to 4 p.m. and 7:30 p.m., St. Patrick’s Catholic Church, 710 W. Marion St., Joliet. For information, call 815-727-4746.
• AWANA – 6:15 p.m., Parker Road Bible Church, 18512 Parker Road, Mokena. Kids learn Bible verses, sing songs and play games. For information, call 708-463-1125.
• Rosary High School’s Christmas Concert – 7 p.m., Rosary High School, McEnroe Auditorium, 901 N. Edgelawn Drive, Aurora. Features the Rosary symphony orchestra, chamber orchestra, treble chorus, choraliers and ensemble. Free. Refreshments. For information, call all 630-896-0831 or visit www.rosaryhs.com.
• Swedish sausage sale order deadline – Order deadline is Dec. 13. Sausage will be made on the morning of Dec. 17. Pickup is between 10 a.m. and noon, Bethany Lutheran Church, 500 Lemont St., Lemont. $4.50 a pound. No limit. Call 630-257-7953 or 630-257-0850 (evenings or weekends).