• C3 Martial Arts Classes – 6 to 7 p.m. Thursdays, and 10 a.m. to noon Saturdays, Judson Memorial Church Campus, 2800 Black Road, Joliet, Christ Centered Combat (C3) is a martial arts, self-defense class for those ages 7 and older. We have a kids taekwondo class Saturday mornings at 10 a.m., and following at 11 a.m. there is a teen/adult combat hapkido class. Thursday evening is all ages. First two classes are free. Call
815-342-3538 or visit www.fbcjoliet.org.
• Choir members wanted – For Mokena United Methodist Church. Choir practice is at 7:30 p.m., Mokena UMC, 10901 W. LaPorte Road, Mokena. Attend weekly practices Wednesdays and sing at the 10:15 a.m. Sunday worship. Join anytime. Call the church office at 708-479-1110.
• Free mobile rosary app – Features a traditional rosary with soothing audio and text of each prayer. Each rosary can be dedicated to a cause or intention and shared on Facebook or Twitter so friends and family know you are praying for them. It also includes an inspirational prayer of the day. Available for download on iTunes and Google Play. For information, call 844-693-4201 or visit
• Joliet Jewish Congregation’s Hadassah Book Club – Meets at 7 p.m. monthly at a congregant’s home. For information, call 815-741-4600.
• Joliet Jewish Congregation’s Sisterhood gift shop – For hours of operation and information, call 815-741-4600.
• Kids & Company Preschool in partnership with the United Methodist Church of New Lenox – Now accepting registration for the 2018-19 school year, 339 W. Haven Ave. Ages 2 to 5. For information, call 815-485-9504.
• Musical opportunities at United Methodist Church of New Lenox – Vocal choirs, bell choirs or praise team. Children, teens and adults. Rehearsals are Wednesday or Thursday evenings. Call Mike Weirman about vocal and bell choirs and Tom Burns about the praise team at 815-485-8271.
• Pray with the Franciscan Friars – 8 a.m. (morning prayer) and 6:30 p.m. (evening prayer) Monday through Friday, St. John the Baptist friary, Joliet. For information, call Brother Ed at 217-316-4335.
• Snow removal for seniors – The city of Joliet, working with Redeemed Connection Ministries, will offer a program to assist with residential snow removal for Joliet senior citizens age 65 and older and Joliet residents with disabilities. For information, contact the Rev. Adrian Heath at Rev.Heath1@gmail.com or 815-582-0703.
• Buffet luncheon and St. John Vianney theatrical production – St. Patrick Parish gym, 710 W. Marion St., Joliet. Buffet luncheon is 11 to 12:30 p.m. and costs $15. The play will take place at 1:30 p.m. and costs $10. Lunch and play together is $20. Discounts available for families and large groups. Call 815-727-4746.
• Franciscan Fundraiser – April 7, Jacob Henry Manson, Joliet. Mass is 4 p.m. at the mansion chapel. Fellowship hour begins at 5 p.m. Dinner is at 6 p.m. and awards are at 7 p.m. Also silent auction and silent dessert auction. $65 or $650 for table of 10. Benefits repairs and updates at St. John the Baptist Friary in Joliet. For reservations and information about donation gifts, call Brother Ed Arambasich at 217-316-4335.
• Galabration – Feb. 3 at Bolingbrook Golf Club. Dinner, silent and live auctions, music and dancing. Benefits St. Mary Immaculate Parish School. Tables of 10 available. For reservations, visit www.smischool.org. For information, email Galabration@smip.org.
• Giant Steps fundraiser – 6 p.m. Feb. 10, 176 West, located at 1100 N.E. Frontage Road, Joliet. Appetizers, cocktails, dancing, raffles and silent auction. $75 a person. Benefits Saint Paul the Apostle School. For information, email email@example.com.
• Remembering G – 6 p.m., Joliet Catholic Academy, Joliet. Cocktails, dueling pianos, raffle, 50/50 and cash bar. Benefits scholarships and initiatives in memory of classmate Andrew Giaudrone. $25 at door or tables of 10 in advance. Call Karen Tyrell at
815-931-8452 or Ian Tyrell at 815-503-1930.
• Theological Leadership Conference – Feb. 16 and 17, Olivet Nazarene University, Bourbonnais. Hosted by the School of Theology and Christian Ministry. Keynote speaker: William Willimon, author, church leader and ministry professor. Presentations, breakout discussion groups, conversation and community meals. $79. Student cost is $39. For information, contact Carlos Lonberger, director of church relations, at firstname.lastname@example.org or 800-648-1463.
• Trivia night – 6 p.m., Saint Mary Nativity, 702 N. Broadway, Joliet. Must be 21 to play. $20 a person or $200 a table (8 to 10 people). Food available to buy, cash bar, raffle baskets, 50/50 and best-themed table (first prize is $200). Emcee is Duffy Blackburn. For reservations and information, call Mike Knick at 815-954-9469.
• Vegas Night – 7 p.m. to midnight, St. Joseph School, 275 W. North St., Manhattan. Black jack, roulette, poker, craps and Texas Hold’em. Live music by Ear Candy, dinner, silent auction. raffles. $15 (advance) and $17.50 (door). For information, visit sjsmanhattan.org or call 815-478-3951.
• Lunch and Learn – Noon to 1:30 p.m.; also Jan. 25, Joliet Jewish Congregation, 250 N. Midland Ave., Joliet. Torah study. $5. RSVP at 815-741-4600. Visit www.jolietjewishcongregation.com.
• Wildside – 6 to 7:30 p.m. (seventh and eighth grade) and 7 to 8:30 p.m. (high school). Also Jan. 25, United Methodist Church of New Lenox, 339 W. Haven Ave., New Lenox. Food, fun and fellowship. Grades 3 to 6. For information, call 815-485-8271.
• “The Center” – 6:30 to 9 p.m. Also Jan. 25, First Presbyterian Church, 805 Western Ave., Joliet. Free food, games, hang time, music and inspirational talk for teens. Topic for Jan. 18: “Hearing God.” Topic for Jan. 25: “Experiencing God.” For information, call 815-474-2569, email email@example.com or visit www.thecenterjoliet.org or
• Family night – 6:45 to 8 p.m.; also Jan. 25, Crystal Lawns Church of the Nazarene, 2424 Caton Farm Road, Joliet. For information, call 815-436-3380.
• Women’s Bible Study – 9:30 a.m., United Methodist Church, 339 W. Haven Ave., New Lenox. For information, call 815-485-8271.
• Fish fry – 11 a.m. to 9 p.m., Knights of Columbus Council 4400, 1813 Cass St., Joliet. Fish, chicken and shrimp. Carryout. Call
• Bingo – Doors open at 4 p.m. Cards begin at 6 p.m., St. Mary Nativity School, 702 N. Broadway St., Joliet.
• Kids Movie Night and Parents Night Out – 6 to 8 p.m., Channahon United Methodist Church, 24751 W. Eames, Channahon. Craft, game, movie with popcorn and refreshments. Free. Register at 815-467-5275 or visit www.channahonumc.org.
• Support Military Men and Women –
6 p.m., St. Mary Immaculate Adoration Chapel, 15629 S. Route 59, Plainfield. An hour of silent prayer. For information, contact Maria Prekop at firstname.lastname@example.org or 312-259-6851.
• The Dueling Tonys Piano Concert –
7 p.m., Immaculate Conception Church, 516 E. Jackson St., Morris. $20 (adults) and $10 (ages 10 and under). Benefits Trinity Services and Special Connections of Grundy County. Buy tickets at www.specialconnections.org/
• Friday evening services – 7 p.m., Joliet Jewish Congregation, 250 N. Midland Ave., Joliet. For information, visit www.jolietjewishcongregation.com.
• Confession – 3:30 to 4:15 p.m., St. Patrick’s Catholic Church, 710 W. Marion St., Joliet. For information, call 815-727-4746.
• Fish fry – 4 to 8 p.m., Knights of Columbus Council 4400, 1813 E. Cass St., Joliet. Carryout. Call 815-723-3827.
• Pot Roast Fundraising Dinner – 4 to
7 p.m., Elwood Community Church, 101 N. Chicago St., Elwood. Pot roast with vegetables, rolls, iced tea, coffee and desserts. $10 adults and $5 age 12 and younger. Carryouts available.
• Jazz Concert and Potluck Dinner – Channahon United Methodist Church, 24751 W. Eames, Channahon. Potluck dinner at 5 p.m., bring a dish to share. Following dinner, The Matthew Miller Group will perform a mix of jazz and spirituals. Free. For information, call 815-467-5275 or visit www.channahonumc.org.
• St. Mary Immaculate Parish trivia night – 7:30 to 9:30 p.m. Jan. 20, 15629 S. Route 59, Plainfield. $10 each. $70 for table of eight. Teams can be any size up to eight people. Bring your own food and beverages. Benefits teen summer mission trip to New Orleans. Register at www.smip.org/trivia.
• Experience Youth Group – Worship at 9 a.m. Discussion is from 10 to 10:45 a.m., United Methodist Church, 339 W. Haven Ave., New Lenox. Meet in narthex. For information, call 815-485-8271.
• Rosary for the Holy Souls in Purgatory – 9:40 a.m., St. Mary Nativity Church, 706 N. Broadway St., Joliet.
• Sunday School – 10 a.m., Joliet Jewish Congregation, 250 N. Midland Ave., Joliet. Call 815-741-4600 or visit www.jolietjewishcongregation.com.
• “The Center” – 8 a.m. First Presbyterian Church, 805 Western Ave., Joliet. Volunteers needed to help with redecorating. For information, call 815-474-2569, email email@example.com or visit www.thecenterjoliet.org or Facebook.com/thecenterjoliet.
• Chapel Bible study – 7 p.m., United Methodist Church of New Lenox, 339 W. Haven Ave., New Lenox. New members encouraged. For topic and information, call 815-485-8271.
• Michael Johnston’s Bible Study Group – 7 p.m., United Methodist Church, 339 W. Haven Ave., New Lenox. For current topic and information, call 815-485-8271.
• Bible study – 9:30 a.m., St. Mary Nativity, Nativity Room, 706 N. Broadway St., Joliet. Book of Genesis. For information, call Denise Adelmann at 815-838-0337.
• DivorceCare – 6:30 p.m., United Methodist Church, New Lenox. For those going through or struggling with divorce. This is a Bible-based support group that uses videos and discussion. For information, call 815-485-8271.
• “Continuing the Journey Towards Harmony” – 7 to 8 p.m., Joliet Franciscan Center, 1433 Essington Road, Joliet. Prayer service. Free. Everyone welcome. For information, call 815-725-8735.
• Confession – 3 to 4 p.m. and 7:30 p.m., St. Patrick’s Catholic Church, 710 W. Marion St., Joliet. For information, call 815-727-4746.
• Early Childhood Education Open House – 6 to 8 p.m., St. Paul the Apostle Catholic School, 130 Woodlawn Ave., Joliet. Preschool through eighth grade open house is 11:30 a.m. to 1 p.m. Jan. 28. Meet teachers and administration, tour classrooms, learn about the curriculum, view student social studies fair projects and browse the book fair. Scholarship informantion available through the Invest in Kids Act. For information, call 815-725-3390 or visit www.thestpaulschool.org.
• AWANA – 6:15 p.m., Parker Road Bible Church, 18512 Parker Road, Mokena. Kids learn Bible verses, sing songs and play games. For information, call 708-463-1125.