• Citizen Science Bat Monitoring Program – Sign-up deadline is April 1. First come, first served. For information, call Forest Preserve District of Will County’s volunteer supervisor Renee Gauchat at 815-722-7364. For information, visit ReconnectWithNature.org.
• Free dry dog food – For active and retired U.S. military personnel. Monthly program. Must be picked up by the owner in Joliet. Proof of military service is required if you are retired. For information and a short telephone interview, call COPE Animal Rescue at 815-342-0378.
• Injured wildlife – Contact a wildlife rehabilitator by visiting shawurl.com/32k8 or web.extension.illinois.edu/wildlife.
• The Forest Preserve District of Will County dog parks – Permit required. For information, visit www.reconnectwithnature.org.
• Volunteers needed for 58th annual mid-winter Bald Eagle Count – Jan. 27 and 28. For information, call Terrence Ingram at 815-594-2306 before Jan. 27.
• 3rd annual Spayghetti & No Balls Benefit – 6 p.m. Feb. 24, Chicago Marriott Naperville, 1801 N. Naperville Blvd., Naperville. Dinner, drinks, games, entertainment, silent auction and raffle. Proceeds benefit homeless pets and families in need in Illinois. $40. Includes one drink ticket. For tickets and information, visit www.spayillinois.org.
• 4H Tailwaggers Dog Obedience – Classes will be 1 to 3 p.m. Saturdays, Stone City Kennel Club, 13606 W. Laraway Road, New Lenox. For information, contact Barb at email@example.com or Shirley Streich at 815-478-4362.
• “Animal Olympics” – 1 to 2 p.m. Feb. 10, Isle a la Cache Museum, Romeoville. Find out which Illinois animals excel at moving fast, balancing, hopping and more. Participants will test their own skills and strengths compared to what animals can do during this active and fun indoor program. Ages 3 to 7 with adult. Free. Register by Feb. 8, at ReconnectWithNature.org or 815-886-1467.
• Fur Ball – 7 p.m. March 24, Harrah’s Joliet Casino and Hotel, 151 N. Joliet St., Joliet. Benefits Will County Humane Society. For tickets and information, call 815-741-0695 or visit www.willcountyhumane.com.
• Mardis Paws Fundraiser – 7 to 11 p.m. Feb. 17, Moose Lodge 25, Springfield Ave., Joliet. Food, open bar, raffle baskets, 50/50 drawing, DJ and photo booth. Prize for best mask. $30 in advance. $35 at the door. Benefits Hopeful Tails Animal Rescue. For tickets, email firstname.lastname@example.org com.
• Murder at O’Henry’s Speakeasy: A Murder Mystery Fundraiser – 6 to 10 p.m. Feb. 24, Chicago Gaelic Park, 6119 147th St., Oak Forest. $60. Hosted by NAWS Humane Society of Illinois. For tickets and information, visit www.nawsus.org.
• Cat adoption – 5 to 7 p.m.; also 1 to 3 p.m. Feb. 4, Bolingbrook PetSmart on Weber Road. If the cat you’re looking for isn’t there or those times don’t work for you, call Humane Haven Animal Shelter at 630-378-4208 for information or an appointment. All Humane Haven cats are spayed or neutered, microchipped, FeLV/FIV tested and have their distemper and rabies shots.
• Annual Super Bowl Party – 10 a.m. to
2 p.m., Bright Dogs, 3105 Theodore St., Joliet. Wear your favorite team gear and let your dog run some plays before kick off. $15 a dog. All dogs must be registered and all vaccinations up to date. For information, call 815-342-0956 or visit www.brightdogs.net.