• Get Unemployment Insurance Tax Forms – If you collected unemployment insurance last year, you will need the 1099-G tax form from IDES to complete your tax returns, both federal and state. Get the form at www.ides.illinois.gov/Pages/1099G%20form.aspx. If you did not register for the email notification, the 1099-G tax form has been mailed to your home.
• 2018 CAPE Award – District 202 community members are invited and encouraged to nominate a District 202 staff or community member. The CAPE Award was established in 1983 to honor an individual who has demonstrated extraordinary dedication and service within the Plainfield Community and schools. Deadline is 5 p.m. Feb. 9. For information, visit www.psd202.org.
• A-1 Auto Transport Scholarship – For part-time and full-time students enrolled at an accredited college or university who maintain a GPA of 3.0 or higher. $250, $500 or $1,000 each year. Students must write an essay of at least 1,000 words pertaining to the auto import industry. Deadline is March 10. For information, visit www.a1autotransport.com/a-1-auto-transport-scholarship.
• Career Online High School – Must be over 21 and a resident of the Shorewood-Troy Public Library District with intermediate computer skills and the ability to navigate internet without help. Must complete a basic prerequisite course, an interview process and all coursework within 18 months. Scholarships awarded. For information, call 815-725-1715.
• ComEd Assistance Available to Help Customers with Winter Bills – For information on ComEd’s financial assistance programs, including eligibility requirements, visit ComEd.com/CARE or call 1-888-806-CARE (2273).
• District 202 Limited Full-day Kindergarten – District 202 parents may apply online for the random, computerized lottery from 7 a.m. Jan. 29 through 5 p.m. Feb. 9. Lottery held 10 a.m. Feb. 16. Parents notified no later than Feb. 16. For information, visit www.psd202.org.
• Early Voting – Any registered Will County voter can cast a ballot at the Will County Clerk’s Office Feb. 8 through March 19. Last day to register to vote in person or by mail is Feb. 20 and the last day to register online is March 4. For information, visit www.thewillcountyclerk.com.
• Frankfort Teachers Association Scholarship – For high school seniors and graduates of Frankfort School District 157-C who are pursuing a career in education. The Frankfort Teachers Association awards two $500 scholarships. Applications are due by March 8 at Lincoln-Way East High School, 201 Colorado Ave., Frankfort. Students selected April 3 and notified April 9. Senior Awards Night is May 9 at Lincoln-Way East. Coordinate application process through student’s guidance counselor. For information, email Lynne Jurges at firstname.lastname@example.org.
• Free Coat Drop-in – 9:30 a.m. to noon and 1 to 4 p.m. Feb. 9 (or until coats are gone), The Salvation Army Corps, 300 Third Ave., Joliet. One new coat per child per household. For families who did not participate in the Angel Tree program. Bring photo ID and proof of residency. For information, call 815-726-4834, ext. 215.
• Grundy County Veterans Assistance Commission – 9 a.m. to 4 p.m. Monday through Friday, Grundy County Administration Building, 1320 Union St., Morris. Offers assistance with federal, state and local veterans’ benefits and services to include referral to other programs and services. For honorably discharged veterans of military service and their families. Call 815-941-3152.
• Horizon Grants – Up to $1,000 each to high school juniors from all four District 202 high schools and Plainfield Academy, the district’s alternative high school. Applications, due April 20, can be found at www.d202foundation.org under “Programs.”
• IHDA Home Accessibility Program – HAP will fund up to $25,000 for accessibility modifications for both rental and owner-occupied homes for seniors and people with disabilities. Contact Gina Morales at the Will County Center for Community Concerns at 815-722-0722, ext. 220, or email@example.com.
• Illinois AMVETS Collection Site – 10 a.m. to 4 p.m. daily, Grundy County Administration Building, 1320 Union St., Morris, and Ace Hardware parking lot, 855 S. Ridge Road, Minooka. For information, call the Grundy County VAC office at 815-941-3152.
• Illinois Tax Filing Season Underway – Taxpayers can file their Form IL-1040 for free using MyTax Illinois at mytax.illinois.gov. Individuals may also use MyTax Illinois to make payments, check the status of their Illinois Individual Income Tax refund using www.revenue.state.il.us/Individuals/Refunds.htm and look up their IL-PIN, estimated tax payments, and 1099-G amounts.
• Lifeline Program – Lifeline is a federally funded program that subsidizes the cost of one telephone per household, either a cellphone or a landline phone. Internet service as part of the cost of the phone may also be available. Eligible families can enroll by calling their local telephone service provider or a participating cellphone provider and asking to be enrolled in Lifeline. The two largest providers in Illinois are AT&T (888-256-5378) and Frontier Communications (800-921-8101). For information or to donate, visit www.linkupillinois.org.
• Lockport Township Park District’s Before/After School Program – Register at Challenge Fitness, 2021 S. Lawrence Ave., Lockport. For information and to download the parent handbook, visit www.lockportpark.org or call 815-838-3621, ext. 0.
• Low Income Home Energy Assistance Program (LIHEAP) funds – Eligible to apply now: households with a family member age 60 or older and/or currently receiving disability benefits, households with disconnected service or which have a disconnection notice, households with a child younger than 6, all income-eligible households. Sign up at Will County Center for Community Concerns, 2455 Glenwood Ave., Joliet, from 8 a.m. to 3 p.m. Monday, Tuesday, Thursday and Friday and 8 a.m. to 6:30 p.m. Wednesday or until the daily sign-in sheet is full (whichever comes first). Applications also taken at various locations throughout the Will County area. Applications taken through May 31 or until funding is exhausted. For other locations, a list of documents needed to apply and more information, call 815-722-0722 or visit www.wcccc.net.
• Norwegian Heritage Scholarship – The Norwegian National League of Chicago is offering scholarships and cash prizes to deserving students who are of Norwegian heritage residing in the counties of Cook, Lake, DuPage, Kane, Kendall, LaSalle, McHenry and Will. Entries must be postmarked by March 1. For scholarship information and applications, visit www.nnleague.org or contact Tom Maxson at 847-297-1656 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
• Online Voter Registration for Illinois – Visit ova.elections.il.gov.
• Passport Applications at White Oak Library – For information, call Lockport branch at 815-552-4260, Crest Hill branch at 815-552-4270 or Romeoville branch at 815-552-4200.
• Todd Burke Memorial Scholarship – The Manhattan Firefighters’ Association will award one $500 scholarship to a resident, ages 17 to 24, of the Manhattan Fire Protection District pursuing a degree in the fire science or medical field at an accredited college or university. Application deadline is March 8. For information or to apply, visit www.manhattanfire.org.
• Victims Legal Advice Line – 9 a.m. to 1 p.m. Monday, Tuesday and Thursday; 6 to 8 p.m. Wednesday. 844-388-7757 (toll free). Prairie State Legal Services will answer brief civil questions for victims of domestic violence or sexual assault. Bilingual staff or interpreters for limited English-proficient callers. For legal representation and information, visit www.pslegal.org.
• Vote by Mail Ballot – Request one for the March 20 primary election. Available through 4:30 p.m. March 15. For information, visit www.thewillcountyclerk.com.
• Will-South Cook Soil and Water Conservation District Annual Meeting and Election – Three directors will be elected to the board. Absentee balloting is Jan. 31 to Feb. 12. An election will be held at the office from 7 a.m. to 5:30 p.m. Feb. 14, with the annual meeting at 6 p.m. For information, contact Kim Mitchell at 815-462-3106 or email@example.com.
• Seeking Republican Election Judges – To work upcoming elections. Must attend a 2½-hour training class. Upon completion of training, election judges are paid $150 for the day they are assigned to work a polling place, including mileage reimbursement. Election judges can earn extra compensation if they are assigned to pick up and drop off election supplies. Apply at www.thewillcountyclerk.com.
• Will County Center for Community Concerns Scholarship – Must live in Will County, meet income guidelines and attend an accredited institution of higher education in Illinois during the 2018 calendar year. Funding is provided by the Illinois Department of Commerce and Economic Opportunity. Applications available at 2455 Glenwood Ave., Joliet, or www.wcccc.net. Deadline is Feb. 12. For information, call Belithia Johnson at 815-722-0722, ext. 209.
• Will County Forest Preserve District Safety Wristbands – Colorful wristbands, two sizes, imprinted with the telephone number for the Will County Sheriff’s Police dispatch center. The center provides dispatching services for the Forest Preserve District’s police department. For information, visit ReconnectWithNature.org.
• Zonta Club of Joliet Accepting Scholarship Applications – Two $1,000 scholarships will be awarded to young women in the community through the Young Women in Public Affairs Award. Applicants must be 16 to 19 years old. Deadline is Feb. 16. For applications, visit jolietzonta.org. Send applications and questions to Mary Kapella at firstname.lastname@example.org.
• R&B Line Dancing – 2 to 3:30 p.m., Fountaindale Public Library District, 300 W. Briarcliff Road, Bolingbrook. Call 630-759-2102 or visit fountaindale.org.
• Open Video Game Play – 3 to 5 p.m.; also Feb. 7, Fountaindale Public Library District, 300 W. Briarcliff Road, Bolingbrook. Play video games on our Xbox One, Xbox 360, PS3, PS4 and Wii U gaming consoles. A library card or school ID is required to play. Grades six to 12. Call 630-759-2102 or visit fountaindale.org.
• WOTM Bingo – Doors open 8 a.m. and bingo starts 10 a.m., 118 E. 10th St., Lockport. Upstairs. Elevator accessible in back of lodge.
• Registration for Lincoln-Way High Schools 2018-19 – Lincoln-Way Central: 8 to 11 a.m. in room D119; Lincoln-Way East: 9:30 a.m. to 12:30 p.m. in room 166; Lincoln-Way West: 10 a.m. to noon in room B126. For registration form, visit www.lw210.org under “Current Resources.” For information, call Molly DeCarlo at Central (815-462-2187), Beth Russler at East (815-464-4299), or Amy Lidy at West (815-717-3618).
• High School Equivalency (GED) – 9 a.m., Workforce Center of Will County, 2400 Glenwood Ave., Joliet. Health care. Register at jobs4people.org or call 815-727-4444.
• Will County Mobile Workforce Center – 9:30 a.m. to noon and 1 to 3:30 p.m., Fountaindale Public Library, 300 W. Briarcliff Road, Bolingbrook.
• Conversational ESL for Adults – 10 a.m. and 6:30 p.m.; also 10 a.m. Tuesdays, Fountaindale Public Library District, 300 W. Briarcliff Road, Bolingbrook. Call 630-759-2102 or visit fountaindale.org.
• OJT Orientation – 10 a.m., Workforce Center of Will County, 2400 Glenwood Ave., Joliet. Visit jobs4people.org or call 815-727-4444.
• Industry Orientation – 1:30 p.m., Workforce Center of Will County, 2400 Glenwood Ave., Joliet. Health care. Register at jobs4people.org or call 815-727-4444.
• Microsoft Excel – 1:30 p.m., Workforce Center of Will County, 2400 Glenwood Ave., Joliet. Visit jobs4people.org or call 815-727-4444.
• Electronics Recycling – 6 to 11 a.m., Lockport Public Works, 17112 Prime Blvd., Lockport.
• Forest Preserve District of Will County Volunteer Workday – 8 a.m. to noon, Lockport Prairie Nature Preserve, Lockport. For information, email email@example.com or call 815-722-7364.
• Industry Orientation – 9 a.m., Workforce Center of Will County, 2400 Glenwood Ave., Joliet. Manufacturing, transportation, distribution, logistics. Register at jobs4people.org or call 815-727-4444.
• Career Cafe – 9:30 a.m., Workforce Center of Will County, 2400 Glenwood Ave., Joliet. Visit jobs4people.org or call 815-727-4444.
• Living Life Skills Educational Workshop – 9:30 to 11 a.m., Disability Resource Center, 77 N. 129th Infantry Drive, Joliet. Call 815-729-0162 (voice), 815-729-2085 (TTY) or 815-768-2582 (VRS).
• Drop-In Computer Lab – 10 a.m. to noon (computer lab) and noon to 2 p.m. (drop-in), Warehouse Workers for Justice & NHBW, 1 Doris Ave., Joliet. Get help applying for work or recovering unpaid wages. Free legal referral or help filing regulatory complain. First Tuesday of the month.
• Conversational ESL for Adults – 10 a.m., Fountaindale Public Library District, 300 W. Briarcliff Road, Bolingbrook. Call 630-759-2102 or visit fountaindale.org.
• Illinois JobLink – 10:30 a.m., Workforce Center of Will County, 2400 Glenwood Ave., Joliet. Visit jobs4people.org or call 815-727-4444.
• Math Review – 2 p.m., Workforce Center of Will County, 2400 Glenwood Ave., Joliet. For information, visit jobs4people.org or call 815-727-4444.
• Mostaccioli Dinner – 4 to 7 p.m., Stone City VFW Post 2199, 124 Stone City Drive, Joliet. $9 a plate. $1 extra for sausage link.
• Bingo – 5 p.m., Harry E. Anderson VFW Post 9545, 323 Old Hickory Road, New Lenox. Call 815-485-8369 or visit vfwpost9545.org.
• Electronics Recycling – 5 to 7 p.m., Romeoville Public Works, 615 Anderson Drive, Romeoville. For information, visit www.willcountygreen.com.
• WOTM Bingo – Doors open 5 p.m. and bingo starts 7 p.m., 118 E. 10th St., Lockport. Upstairs. Elevator accessible in back of lodge.
• Introduction to Microsoft Excel – 6:30 to 8:30 p.m., Fountaindale Public Library District, 300 W. Briarcliff Road, Bolingbrook. Adults. Call 630-759-2102 or visit fountaindale.org.
• Bingo – 6:45 p.m., Knights of Columbus, 100 S. 129th Infantry Drive, Joliet. Call 815-725-0746.
• Midwest Crossroad Chorus of Sweet Adelines International – 7 p.m., Trinity Christian School, 901 Shorewood Drive, Shorewood. Call 866-588-7464 or visit midwestcrossroad.org.
• Job Readiness Workshop – 9:30 a.m., Workforce Center of Will County, 2400 Glenwood Ave., Joliet. Visit jobs4people.org or call 815-727-4444.
• Will County Mobile Workforce Center – 9:30 a.m. to noon and from 1 to 3:30 p.m., Plainfield Public Library, 15025 S. Illinois St., Plainfield. Visit jobs4people.org or call 815-727-4444.
• Upward Bound Veterans Job Club – 1:30 to 3:30 p.m., Joliet VA CBOC, 1201 Eagle St., Joliet. For information, call 815-740-8100, ext. 73093.
• Will County Mobile Workforce Center – 9:30 a.m. to noon and 1 to 3 p.m., Wilmington Public Library District, 201 S. Kankakee St., Wilmington. Visit jobs4people.org or call 815-727-4444.
• Microsoft Word – 10:30 a.m., Workforce Center of Will County, 2400 Glenwood Ave., Joliet. Visit jobs4people.org or call 815-727-4444.
• Job Fair – 1:30 to 3:30 p.m., Workforce Center of Will County, 2400 Glenwood Ave., Joliet. Seeking cage cashier, CNC machinist trainee, cooks, deli service worker, forklift operators, home care aide/homemaker, hotel attendant, independent living coach, job coach, maintenance tech, material handlers, package handlers, program specialist, residential lawn specialist, residential sales representative, team leader, transportation aide, utility worker and warehouse associates. Visit jobs4people.org or call 815-727-4444.
• Industry Orientation – 1:30.m., Workforce Center of Will County, 2400 Glenwood Ave., Joliet. Professional, financial, information technology. Register at jobs4people.org or call 815-727-4444.
• Successful Interviewing – 2:30 p.m., Workforce Center of Will County, 2400 Glenwood Ave., Joliet. Register at jobs4people.org or call 815-727-4444.
• Dedication of the LaVerne & Dorothy Brown Science Hall – University of St. Francis, Joliet. Tours begin 3 p.m. Dedication at 4:45 p.m. in the Banks-Bellah Auditorium. Refreshments available. For more information, visit stfrancis.edu/science-hall or contact the Office of Institutional Advancement at 815-740-3613 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
• Will County Mobile Workforce Center – 9:30 a.m. to noon, Frankfort Public Library District, 21119 S. Pfeiffer Road, Frankfort. Visit jobs4people.org or call 815-727-4444.
• Fish Fry – 10 a.m. to 8 p.m., Stone City Post, Stone City VFW Post 2199, 124 Stone City Drive, Joliet. Dining room open from 4 to 8 p.m. Call 815-722-7122.
• Fish Fry – 11 a.m. to 9 p.m., Knights of Columbus Council 4400, 1813 E. Cass St., Joliet. Fish, chicken and shrimp. Carryout. Call 815-723-3827.
• Will County Mobile Workforce Center – 1:30 to 3:30 p.m., Mokena Public Library, 11327 W. 195th St., Mokena. Visit jobs4people.org or call 815-727-4444.
• Bingo – Doors open 4 p.m., cards begin 6 p.m., St. Mary Nativity School, 702 N. Broadway St., Joliet.
• Fish Fry – 4 to 7:30 p.m., Cantigny VFW Post 367, 826 Horseshoe Drive, Joliet. Call 815-722-5398.
• Fish Fry – 4 to 7:30 p.m., Croatian Cultural Club, 1503 Clement St., Joliet. Baked or fried cod, shrimp, catfish or fried chicken breast. Dine-in or carryout. Music starts at 7:30 p.m. For carryout, call 815-723-3154.
• 176 Catering Fish Fry – 4:30 to 7:30 p.m., Joliet Elks Lodge No. 296, 250 S.E. Frontage Road, Joliet. Baked and fried cod, fried shrimp, combo, burgers, salad bar. Call 176 West Catering at 815-955-4968.
• Fish Fry – 5 p.m., Harry E. Anderson VFW Post 9545, 323 Old Hickory Road, New Lenox. Karaoke begins at 8:30 p.m. Call 815-485-8369 or visit vfwpost9545.org.
• Household Hazardous Waste Disposal – 9 a.m. to 2 p.m., Naperville Regional HHW Facility, 184 Fort Hill Drive, Naperville. Visit willcountygreen.com.
• Fish Fry – 4 to 8 p.m., Knights of Columbus Council 4400, 1813 E. Cass St., Joliet. Carryout. Call 815-723-3827.
• Lockport Lions Club Annual Spaghetti Dinner – 4:30 to 7:30 p.m., St. Dennis Parish Center, 1214 S.Hamilton St., Lockport. $9 adults; $6 ages 12 and younger. 50/50 raffle. Valentine’s wine basket raffle. Carryout available. For tickets, call Ron Cornolo, Lions Club president, at 815-931-1439 or stop from 9 a.m. to 4 p.m. at Cornolo Travel Agency, 829 S. State St., Lockport. Tickets also available at door.
• Pancake Breakfast – 8 a.m. to noon, St. Mary Immaculate gym, 15629 S. Route 59, Plainfield. Pancakes, sausage, fresh fruit cups, coffee, orange drink, milk, bottled water. $5. Ages 3 and younger free. Raffles, 50/50. Benefits eighth-grade trip to Chicago. For information, call 815-436-2651 or visit www.smip.org.