• C3 Martial Arts Classes – 6 to 7 p.m. Thursdays and 10 a.m. to noon Saturdays, Judson Memorial Church Campus, 2800 Black Road, Joliet. Christ Centered Combat (C3) is a martial arts, self-defense class for those ages 7 and older. We have a kids taekwondo class Saturday mornings at 10 a.m., and at 11 a.m. there is a teen/adult combat hapkido class. Thursday evening is all ages. First two classes are free. Call 815-342-3538 or visit www.fbcjoliet.org.
• Catholic Campaign for Human Development grant – Does your organization work to break the cycle of poverty? Interested in receiving more funding? Your organization may qualify for a CCHD grant. CCHD is the anti-poverty program of the U.S. Catholic Bishops. Qualified organizations should not go against the teachings of the Catholic Church. Apply by March 1 at www.dioceseofjoliet.org/cchd. For information, contact Annemarie Coman at firstname.lastname@example.org.
• Choir members wanted – For Mokena United Methodist Church. Choir practice is at 7:30 p.m., Mokena UMC, 10901 W. LaPorte Road, Mokena. Attend weekly practices Wednesdays and sing at the 10:15 a.m. Sunday worship. Join any time. Call the church office at 708-479-1110.
• Crafters and vendors wanted for Simple Indulgence Craft and Vendor Fair – 9 a.m. to 2 p.m. April 14, First Presbyterian Church, 805 Western Ave., Joliet. Proceeds (excluding sales of craft items) benefit Feed My Starving Children. For registration and information, visit www.firstpresjoliet.org, or call 815-727-9259.
• Free mobile rosary app – Features a traditional rosary with soothing audio and text of each prayer. Each rosary can be dedicated to a cause or intention and shared on Facebook or Twitter so friends and family know you are praying for them. It also includes an inspirational prayer of the day. Available for download on iTunes and Google Play. For information, call 844-693-4201 or visit www.FamilyRosary.org.
• Joliet Jewish Congregation’s Hadassah Book Club – Meets at 7 p.m. monthly at a congregant’s home. For information, call
• Joliet Jewish Congregation’s Sisterhood gift shop – For hours of operation and information, call 815-741-4600.
• Kids & Company Preschool in partnership with the United Methodist Church of New Lenox – Now accepting registration for the 2018-19 school year, 339 W. Haven Ave. Ages 2 to 5. For information, call 815-485-9504.
• Musical opportunities at United Methodist Church of New Lenox – Vocal choirs, bell choirs or praise team. Children, teens and adults. Rehearsals are Wednesday or Thursday evenings. Call Mike Weirman about vocal and bell choirs and Tom Burns about the praise team at 815-485-8271.
• Pray with the Franciscan Friars – 8 a.m. (morning prayer) and 6:30 p.m. (evening prayer) Monday through Friday, St. John the Baptist friary, Joliet. For information, call Brother Ed at 217-316-4335.
• Buffet luncheon and St. John Vianney theatrical production – Feb. 19, St. Patrick Parish gym, 710 W. Marion St., Joliet. Buffet luncheon is from 11 a.m. to 12:30 p.m. and costs $15. The play is at 1:30 p.m. and costs $10. Lunch and play together are $20. Discounts available for families and large groups. Call 815-727-4746.
• Catholics Returning Home – Six-week series. 7:30 to 9 p.m. Mary Immaculate Parish, north wing room A, 15629 S. Route 59, Plainfield. Feb. 19: overview of series; Feb. 26: presentation on inactive Catholics; March 5: “The Church Today: Changes Since Vatican II;” March 12: The Mass; March 19: Sacrament of Reconciliation explained; March 26: “The Creed: What Catholics Believe.” Registration requested. For information, call Deacon Tom O’Connell at
815-230-2241 or visit www.smip.org.
• Comedy Date Night – Event is at 7 p.m. Feb. 16, Lincolnway Christian Church, 690 E. Illinois Highway, New Lenox. Featuring The Comedy Angels, Michelle Krajecki, Leslie Norris-Townsend and Tracy DeGraaf. Couples and singles welcome. $20. Buy tickets at www.lincolnway.org or at the door if seats still are available. For information, call DeGraaf at 708-691-5091.
• Franciscan fundraiser – April 7, Jacob Henry Manson, Joliet. Mass is at 4 p.m. at the mansion chapel. Fellowship hour begins at
5 p.m. Dinner is at 6 p.m., and awards are at 7 p.m. Also silent auction and silent dessert auction. $65 or $650 for table of 10. Benefits repairs and updates at St. John the Baptist friary in Joliet. For reservations and information about donation gifts, call Brother Ed Arambasich at 217-316-4335.
• “The Seven Last Words of Christ” – 7 p.m. March 25, St. Mary’s Parish, Mokena. Narration and dialogue of the scenes given by 50-member choir, soloists and live orchestra, through the musical work by composers Theodore Dubois, J. S. Bach and others. For tickets, visit squareup.com/store/danse-integro-lfpac.
• Theological Leadership Conference – Feb. 16 and 17, Olivet Nazarene University, Bourbonnais. Hosted by the School of Theology and Christian Ministry. Keynote speaker: William Willimon, author, church leader and ministry professor. Presentations, breakout discussion groups, conversation and community meals. $79. Student cost is $39. For information, contact Carlos Lonberger, director of church relations, at email@example.com or
• Trivia night – 6 p.m. Feb. 24, Saint Mary Nativity, 702 N. Broadway, Joliet. Must be 21 to play. $20 a person or $200 a table (eight to 10 people). Food available to buy, cash bar, raffle baskets, 50/50 and best-themed table (first prize is $200). Emcee is Duffy Blackburn. For reservations and information, call Mike Knick at 815-954-9469.
• Lunch and Learn – Noon to 1:30 p.m.; also Feb. 15, Joliet Jewish Congregation, 250 N. Midland Ave., Joliet. Torah study. $5. RSVP at 815-741-4600. Visit www.jolietjewishcongregation.com.
• Wildside – 6 to 7:30 p.m. (seventh and eighth grade) and 7 to 8:30 p.m. (high school). Also Feb. 15, United Methodist Church of New Lenox, 339 W. Haven Ave., New Lenox. Food, fun and fellowship. Grades 3 to 6. For information, call 815-485-8271.
• “The Center” – 6:30 to 9 p.m.; Also Feb. 15, First Presbyterian Church, 805 Western Ave., Joliet. Free food, games, hang time, music and inspirational talk for teens. For information, call 815-474-2569, email firstname.lastname@example.org or visit www.thecenterjoliet.org or Facebook.com/thecenterjoliet.
• Family night – 6:45 to 8 p.m.; also Feb. 15, Crystal Lawns Church of the Nazarene, 2424 Caton Farm Road, Joliet. For information, call 815-436-3380.
• Women’s Bible Study – 9:30 a.m., United Methodist Church, 339 W. Haven Ave., New Lenox. For information, call 815-485-8271.
• Fish fry – 11 a.m. to 9 p.m., Knights of Columbus Council 4400, 1813 Cass St., Joliet. Fish, chicken and shrimp. Carryout. Call
• Bingo – Doors open at 4 p.m. Cards begin at 6 p.m., St. Mary Nativity School, 702 N. Broadway St., Joliet.
• Friday evening services – 7 p.m., Joliet Jewish Congregation, 250 N. Midland Ave., Joliet. For information, visit www.jolietjewishcongregation.com.
• Confession – 3:30 to 4:15 p.m., St. Patrick’s Catholic Church, 710 W. Marion St., Joliet. For information, call 815-727-4746.
• Fish fry – 4 to 8 p.m., Knights of Columbus Council 4400, 1813 E. Cass St., Joliet. Carryout. Call 815-723-3827.
• Giant Steps fundraiser – 6 p.m. Feb. 10, 176 West, 1100 NE Frontage Road, Joliet. Appetizers, cocktails, dancing, raffles and silent auction. $75 a person. Benefits Saint Paul the Apostle School. For information, email email@example.com.
• Family Bible Church: 10 Year Anniversary – 7 p.m., Family Bible Church, 2800 Black Road, Joliet. Special guest speak: Rock LaGioia, professor at Grace College & Seminary in Indiana where Pastor Sam Murphy currently is attending.
• Pancake Breakfast – 8 a.m. to noon, St. Mary Immaculate gym, 15629 S. Route 59, Plainfield. Pancakes, sausage, fresh fruit cups, coffee, orange drink, milk and bottled water. $5. Ages 3 and younger free. Raffles, 50/50. Benefits eighth-grade trip to Chicago. For information, call 815-436-2651 or visit www.smip.org.
• Experience Youth Group – Worship at
9 a.m. Discussion is from 10 to 10:45 a.m., United Methodist Church, 339 W. Haven Ave., New Lenox. Meet in narthex. For information, call 815-485-8271.
• Rosary for the Holy Souls in Purgatory – 9:40 a.m., St. Mary Nativity Church, 706 N. Broadway St., Joliet.
• Sunday School – 10 a.m., Joliet Jewish Congregation, 250 N. Midland Ave., Joliet. Call 815-741-4600 or visit www.jolietjewishcongregation.com.
• Chapel Bible study – 7 p.m., United Methodist Church of New Lenox, 339 W. Haven Ave., New Lenox. New members encouraged. For topic and information, call 815-485-8271.
• Michael Johnston’s Bible Study Group –
7 p.m., United Methodist Church, 339 W. Haven Ave., New Lenox. For current topic and information, call 815-485-8271.
• Bible study – 9:30 a.m., St. Mary Nativity, Nativity Room, 706 N. Broadway St., Joliet. Book of Genesis. For information, call Denise Adelmann at 815-838-0337.
• Fat Tuesday Pizza Night – 5 to 7:30 p.m., St. Mary Immaculate Parish, 15629 S. Route 59 Plainfield. $5 (each) or $20 (family).
• Pancake supper – 5 to 7 p.m., First Presbyterian Church Morris, 200 E. Jackson St., Morris. Pancakes, sausage, milk, coffee and juice. Proceeds benefit junior high school activities.
• DivorceCare – 6:30 p.m., United Methodist Church, New Lenox. For those going through or struggling with divorce. This is a Bible-based support group that uses videos and discussion. For information, call 815-485-8271.
• Lent service – 7 p.m., Mt. Ebal Missionary Baptist Church, 221 Cameron Ave., Lockport. Speaker: Call: Minister De Andre Robinson - Second Baptist Church. Call 815-838-6727.
• Ash Wednesday Mass – 7:30 a.m., St. Bernard Catholic Church, Sterling Avenue and High Street, Joliet. For information, call 815-726-4474.
• Ash Wednesday – 7:30 a.m. (English, church), 8:45 a.m. (school, church), noon (English, church), 1 to 6 p.m. (ash distribution, exposition, benediction), 7 p.m. (English, church), 7 p.m. (Spanish, gym), 7:30 p.m. (Polish, Cana), St. Mary Immaculate Parish, 15629 S. Route 59, Plainfield. For information, call 815-436-2651.
• Ash Wednesday Mass – 7:30 a.m. and
6 p.m., St. Mary Magdalene Church, 127 S. Briggs St., Joliet. Call 815-722-7653.
• Ash Wednesday Mass – 8:30 a.m., 4 p.m. (English) and 7 p.m. (Polish), Holy Cross Catholic Church, 826 Elizabeth St., Joliet. For information, call 815-726-4031.
•Ash Wednesday Mass – 8:30 a.m. and
7 p.m., St. Mary Nativity Catholic Church, 706 N. Broadway St., Joliet. For information, call 815-726-4031.
• Confession – 3 to 4 p.m. and 7:30 p.m., St. Patrick’s Catholic Church, 710 W. Marion St., Joliet. For information, call 815-727-4746.
• AWANA – 6:15 p.m., Parker Road Bible Church, 18512 Parker Road, Mokena. Kids learn Bible verses, sing songs and play games. For information, call 708-463-1125.
• Ash Wednesday – 7 p.m., Coal City United Methodist Church, 6805 E. McArdle Road, Coal City. Ken Miller will lead this special service.