• C3 Martial Arts Classes – 6 to 7 p.m. Thursdays and 10 a.m. to noon Saturdays, Judson Memorial Church Campus, 2800 Black Road, Joliet. Christ Centered Combat (C3) is a martial arts, self-defense class for those ages 7 and older. We have a kids tae kwon do class Saturday mornings at 10 a.m., and at 11 a.m. there is a teen/adult combat hapkido class. Thursday evening is all ages. First two classes are free. Call 815-342-3538 or visit www.fbcjoliet.org.
• Catholic Campaign for Human Development grant – Does your organization work to break the cycle of poverty? Interested in receiving more funding? Your organization may qualify for a CCHD grant. CCHD is the anti-poverty program of the U.S. Catholic Bishops. Qualified organizations should not go against the teachings of the Catholic Church. Apply by March 1 at www.dioceseofjoliet.org/cchd. For information, contact Annemarie Coman at email@example.com.
• Catholics Returning Home – Six-week series. 7:30 to 9 p.m. Mary Immaculate Parish, north wing room A, 15629 S. Route 59, Plainfield. Feb. 26: presentation on inactive Catholics; March 5: “The Church Today: Changes Since Vatican II;” March 12: The Mass; March 19: Sacrament of Reconciliation explained; March 26: “The Creed: What Catholics Believe.” Registration requested. For information, call Deacon Tom O’Connell at 815-230-2241 or visit www.smip.org.
• Choir members wanted – For Mokena United Methodist Church. Choir practice is at 7:30 p.m., Mokena UMC, 10901 W. LaPorte Road, Mokena. Attend weekly practices Wednesdays and sing at the 10:15 a.m. Sunday worship. Join any time. Call the church office at 708-479-1110.
• Crafters and vendors wanted for Simple Indulgence Craft and Vendor Fair – 9 a.m. to 2 p.m. April 14, First Presbyterian Church, 805 Western Ave., Joliet. Proceeds (excluding sales of craft items) benefit Feed My Starving Children. For registration and information, visit www.firstpresjoliet.org, or call 815-727-9259.
• Free mobile rosary app – Features a traditional rosary with soothing audio and text of each prayer. Each rosary can be dedicated to a cause or intention and shared on Facebook or Twitter so friends and family know you are praying for them. It also includes an inspirational prayer of the day. Available for download on iTunes and Google Play. For information, call 844-693-4201 or visit www.FamilyRosary.org.
• Joliet Jewish Congregation’s Hadassah Book Club – Meets at 7 p.m. monthly at a congregant’s home. For information, call
• Joliet Jewish Congregation’s Sisterhood gift shop – For hours of operation and information, call 815-741-4600.
• Kids & Company Preschool in partnership with the United Methodist Church of New Lenox – Now accepting registration for the 2018-19 school year, 339 W. Haven Ave. Ages 2 to 5. For information, call 815-485-9504.
• Musical opportunities at United Methodist Church of New Lenox – Vocal choirs, bell choirs or praise team. Children, teens and adults. Rehearsals are Wednesday or Thursday evenings. Call Mike Weirman about vocal and bell choirs and Tom Burns about the praise team at 815-485-8271.
• Pray with the Franciscan Friars – 8 a.m. (morning prayer) and 6:30 p.m. (evening prayer) Monday through Friday, St. John the Baptist friary, Joliet. For information, call Brother Ed at 217-316-4335.
• Franciscan fundraiser – April 7, Jacob Henry Manson, Joliet. Mass is at 4 p.m. at the mansion chapel. Fellowship hour begins at 5 p.m. Dinner is at 6 p.m., and awards are at 7 p.m. Also silent auction and silent dessert auction. $65 or $650 for table of 10. Benefits repairs and updates at St. John the Baptist friary in Joliet. For reservations and information about donation gifts, call Brother Ed Arambasich at 217-316-4335.
• “The Seven Last Words of Christ” – 7 p.m. March 25, St. Mary’s Parish, Mokena. Narration and dialogue of the scenes given by 50-member choir, soloists and live orchestra, through the musical work by composers Theodore Dubois, J. S. Bach and others. For tickets, visit squareup.com/store/danse-integro-lfpac.
• World Day of Prayer Service – 10 a.m. to noon, Prayer Tower Church of God in Christ, 500 Stryker Ave., Joliet. Ecumenical celebration of prayer and prayerful action. Theme: “All God’s Creation Is Very Good!” Lunch and program. $5. For information, call 815-726-8185.
• Lunch and Learn – Noon to 1:30 p.m.; also March 1, Joliet Jewish Congregation, 250 N. Midland Ave., Joliet. Torah study. $5. RSVP at 815-741-4600. Visit www.jolietjewishcongregation.com.
• Prayer Time – 6 p.m.; also 9 a.m., Feb. 25, The Village Christian Church, 8965 S. Bell Road Minooka. Pray for our church, community and country. Everyone welcome. Drop-in. For more information, call 815-467-2265 or visit www.thevillagechristianchurch.com.
• Wildside – 6 to 7:30 p.m. (seventh and eighth grade) and 7 to 8:30 p.m. (high school). Also March 1, United Methodist Church of New Lenox, 339 W. Haven Ave., New Lenox. Food, fun and fellowship. Grades 3 to 6. For information, call 815-485-8271.
• “The Center” – 6:30 to 9 p.m.; Also March 1, First Presbyterian Church, 805 Western Ave., Joliet. Free food, games, hang time, music and inspirational talk for teens. Topic: "Jesus, Our Best Hope" (Feb. 22). For information, call 815-474-2569, email firstname.lastname@example.org or visit www.thecenterjoliet.org or Facebook.com/thecenterjoliet.
• Family night – 6:45 to 8 p.m.; also March 1, Crystal Lawns Church of the Nazarene, 2424 Caton Farm Road, Joliet. For information, call 815-436-3380.
• “Into the Woods” – Through Feb. 24, Olivet Nazarene University, Bourbonnais. Featuring Morris resident McKayla Zorn as Little Red Riding Hood. For tickets, visit www.olivet.edu.
• Women’s Bible Study – 9:30 a.m., United Methodist Church, 339 W. Haven Ave., New Lenox. For information, call 815-485-8271.
• Fish fry – 11 a.m. to 9 p.m., Knights of Columbus Council 4400, 1813 Cass St., Joliet. Fish, chicken and shrimp. Carryout. Call
• Bingo – Doors open at 4 p.m. Cards begin at 6 p.m., St. Mary Nativity School, 702 N. Broadway St., Joliet.
• The Knights of Columbus Good Shepherd Council #5573 and Ladies Auxiliary Fish Fry – 4:30 to 7:30 p.m., St. Mary Immaculate gym, Plainfield. Raffles. Nonperishable food donations requested. Carryouts until 7 p.m. at 815-436-2651, ext. 841.
• Friday evening services – 7 p.m., Joliet Jewish Congregation, 250 N. Midland Ave., Joliet. Music led by Sunday School students. For information, visit www.jolietjewishcongregation.com.
• Stations of the Cross (Polish) – 7 p.m., St. Mary Nativity, 706 N. Broadway, Joliet. For information, call 815-726-4031 or 815-436-2651.
• Kids & Company Preschool brunch – 9 a.m. to 1 p.m., United Methodist Church New Lenox, 339 W. Haven Ave., New Lenox. Enjoy French cuisine in the Café Patisserie (fellowship hall). Tickets available the door. For more information, call 815-485-9504.
• Confession – 3:30 to 4:15 p.m., St. Patrick’s Catholic Church, 710 W. Marion St., Joliet. For information, call 815-727-4746.
• Fish fry – 4 to 8 p.m., Knights of Columbus Council 4400, 1813 E. Cass St., Joliet. Carryout. Call 815-723-3827.
• Free Christian Band Concert – First Presbyterian Church at 805 Western Ave., Joliet. Gathering and refreshments will be at 6 p.m. A local band, Enlivened, opens the concert at 6:30. The Nashville-based Water Within (Mary Pat and Whitney) will perform at 7 p.m. Free will offering benefits Feed My Starving Children.
• Trivia night – 6 p.m. Feb. 24, Saint Mary Nativity, 702 N. Broadway, Joliet. Must be 21 to play. $20 a person or $200 a table (eight to 10 people). Food available to buy, cash bar, raffle baskets, 50/50 and best-themed table (first prize is $200). Emcee is Duffy Blackburn. For reservations and information, call Mike Knick at 815-954-9469.
• Souper Soup Supper – 4 to 7 p.m., First United Methodist Church, 1000 S. Washington, Lockport. $7 (adults) and $3.50 (kids 3 to 12). Under age 3 is free. Handicapped accessible. Carryout available. For information, call 815-838-1017.
• Experience Youth Group – Worship at 9 a.m. Discussion is from 10 to 10:45 a.m., United Methodist Church, 339 W. Haven Ave., New Lenox. Meet in narthex. For information, call 815-485-8271.
• Rosary for the Holy Souls in Purgatory – 9:40 a.m., St. Mary Nativity Church, 706 N. Broadway St., Joliet.
• Sunday School – 10 a.m., Joliet Jewish Congregation, 250 N. Midland Ave., Joliet. Call 815-741-4600 or visit www.jolietjewishcongregation.com.
• Pancake Breakfast – 1 p.m., Immaculate Conception Church, 516 E. Jackson St., Morris. Youth group fundraiser for support of its summer youth conferences and Kentucky mission trip. For more information, call 815-942-0620 or visit www.icmorris.org.
• Monthly Prayer Vigil for Vocations in the Presence of the Blessed Sacrament – St. Patrick Church, 710 W. Marion St., Joliet. Vigil begins 2 p.m. and continues for 10 ½ hours. Confessions heard until 10:30 p.m. Drop-in anytime. For more information, call 815-727-4746.
• Dedication and Installation of our Outward Symbol of being an Open and Affirming Congregation in the United Church of Christ – 3 p.m., First Congregational Church of Lockport UCC, 700 E. 9th St., Lockport. All welcome to attend and celebrate. Refreshments served.
• Community Blood Drive – 3 to 7:30 p.m., St. Mary Immaculate Catholic Church, Cana Hall, 15629 S. Rt. 59, Plainfield. Walk-ins welcome. Sponsored by the Knights of Columbus 5573. To register, call Rich at 815-254-7078 or visit www.heartlandbc.org.
• Chapel Bible study – 7 p.m., United Methodist Church of New Lenox, 339 W. Haven Ave., New Lenox. New members encouraged. For topic and information, call 815-485-8271.
• Michael Johnston’s Bible Study Group – 7 p.m., United Methodist Church, 339 W. Haven Ave., New Lenox. For current topic and information, call 815-485-8271.
• Bible study – 9:30 a.m., St. Mary Nativity, Nativity Room, 706 N. Broadway St., Joliet. Book of Genesis. For information, call Denise Adelmann at 815-838-0337.
• Lenten Bible Study – 9:30 to 11 a.m. Tuesdays; also 6:30 to 8 p.m., Wednesdays, Channahon United Methodist Church, 24751 W. Eames, Channahon. Scripture study with commentary. Book available at class. For more information, call 815-467-5275 or visit channahonumc.org.
• Stations of the Cross (English) – 3:30 p.m., St. Mary Nativity, 706 N. Broadway, Joliet. For information, call 815-726-4031.
• DivorceCare – 6:30 p.m., United Methodist Church, New Lenox. For those going through or struggling with divorce. This is a Bible-based support group that uses videos and discussion. For information, call 815-485-8271.
• “I will walk this Lenten Journey” – 7 p.m., Joliet Franciscan Center, 1433 Essington Road, Joliet. Hour-long prayer and reflection. Light refreshments. Free. Everyone welcome. For more information, call 815-725-8735.
• Lent service – 7 p.m., Mt. Ebal Missionary Baptist Church, 221 Cameron Ave., Lockport. Speaker: Minister Debbie Shelby, St John Baptist Church. Call 815-838-6727.
• Confession – 3 to 4 p.m. and 7:30 p.m., St. Patrick’s Catholic Church, 710 W. Marion St., Joliet. For information, call 815-727-4746.
• Homework Hotspot – 3 to 5 p.m., Westminster Presbyterian Church, 1015 Winthrop Ave., Joliet, IL 60435 Across from Larkin Pointe Apartments and Hufford Middle School. Every Wednesday. For more information, visit www.westpresjoliet.org or call 815-725-6687.
• Bible Study – 10 a.m. to 11 a.m. (with Pastor Lora Zink) or 6 to 7 p.m. (with Pastor Fritz Bartels), Grace United Methodist Church, 1718 Avalon Ave., Joliet. Wednesdays through March 28. Topic: “Moses, In The Footsteps of the Reluctant Prophet.”
• AWANA – 6:15 p.m., Parker Road Bible Church, 18512 Parker Road, Mokena. Kids learn Bible verses, sing songs and play games. For information, call 708-463-1125.
• Lenten Bible Study –
• St. Mary Immaculate Council of Catholic Women – 1 p.m., St. Mary Immaculate Parish, Faith Sharing, Harvester Rooms, 15629 S. Route 59, Plainfield. Lenten reflection. Presenter: Rev. John Regan. Also prayer, fellowship, desserts. For information, contact Maggie Redman, CCW president, at email@example.com or call 815-782-4190.