• BrightDogs – Indoor dog park, classes, dog day care and indoor training. For information, visit www.brightdogs.net.
• Citizen Science Bat Monitoring Program – Sign-up deadline is April 1. First come, first served. For information, call Forest Preserve District of Will County’s volunteer supervisor Renee Gauchat at 815-722-7364. For information, visit ReconnectWithNature.org.
• Free dry dog food – For active and retired U.S. military personnel. Monthly program. Must be picked up by the owner in Joliet. Proof of military service is required if you are retired. For information and a short telephone interview, call COPE Animal Rescue at 815-342-0378.
• Injured wildlife – Contact a wildlife rehabilitator by visiting shawurl.com/32k8 or web.extension.illinois.edu/wildlife.
• The Forest Preserve District of Will County dog parks – Permit required. For information, visit www.reconnectwithnature.org.
• Animal-assisted therapy program at Edward Hospital – To be considered, visit www.eehealth.org/ways-to-give/volunteer/animal-assisted-therapy. Applicants will be contacted for pre-screening. For information, call Cynthia Brooks at 630-527-5305 or email email@example.com.
• Fur Ball – 7 p.m. March 24, Harrah’s Joliet Casino and Hotel, 151 N. Joliet St., Joliet. Benefits Will County Humane Society. For tickets and information, call 815-741-0695 or visit www.willcountyhumane.com.
• Advanced classes for competition level handlers working at the open and utility level – Three-week class starts at noon Feb. 27 and runs through March 13. Francis Field Youth Foundation Building, 801 E. Francis Road, New Lenox. $60. For registration and information, contact Carolyn McGuire at 815-922-3058 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
• Puppy and beginner dog training classes – Six-week class starts at 1 p.m. Feb. 27 and runs through April 3, Francis Field Youth Foundation Building, 801 E. Francis Road, New Lenox. $120. For registration and information, contact Carolyn McGuire at 815-922-3058 or email email@example.com.
• Cat adoption – 5 to 7 p.m.; also 1 to 3 p.m. March 4, Bolingbrook PetSmart on Weber Road. If the cat you’re looking for isn’t there or those times don’t work for you, call Humane Haven Animal Shelter at 630-378-4208 for information or an appointment. All Humane Haven cats are spayed or neutered, microchipped, FeLV/FIV tested and have their distemper and rabies shots.