• C3 Martial Arts Classes – 6 to 7 p.m. Thursdays and 10 a.m. to noon Saturdays, Judson Memorial Church campus, 2800 Black Road, Joliet. Christ Centered Combat (C3) is a martial arts, self-defense class for those ages 7 and older. We have a kids tae kwon do class Saturday mornings at 10 a.m., and at 11 a.m. there is a teen/adult combat hapkido class. Thursday evening is for all ages. First two classes are free. Call 815-342-3538 or visit www.fbcjoliet.org.
• Catholics Returning Home – Six-week series. 7:30 to 9 p.m. Mary Immaculate Parish, north wing room A, 15629 S. Route 59, Plainfield. March 12: The Mass; March 19: Sacrament of Reconciliation explained; March 26: “The Creed: What Catholics Believe.” Registration requested. For information, call Deacon Tom O’Connell at 815-230-2241 or visit www.smip.org..
• Crafters and vendors wanted for Simple Indulgence Craft and Vendor Fair –
9 a.m. to 2 p.m. April 14, First Presbyterian Church, 805 Western Ave., Joliet. Proceeds (excluding sales of craft items) benefit Feed My Starving Children. For registration and information, visit www.firstpresjoliet.org, or call 815-727-9259.
• Free mobile rosary app – Features a traditional rosary with soothing audio and text of each prayer. Each rosary can be dedicated to a cause or intention and shared on Facebook or Twitter so friends and family know you are praying for them. It also includes an inspirational prayer of the day. Available for download on iTunes and Google Play. For information, call 844-693-4201 or visit www.FamilyRosary.org.
• Joliet Jewish Congregation’s Hadassah Book Club – Meets at 7 p.m. monthly at a congregant’s home. For information, call 815-741-4600.
• Joliet Jewish Congregation’s Sisterhood gift shop – For hours of operation and information, call 815-741-4600.
• Kids & Company Preschool in partnership with the United Methodist Church of New Lenox – Now accepting registration for the 2018-19 school year, 339 W. Haven Ave. Ages 2 to 5. For information, call 815-485-9504.
• Pray with the Franciscan Friars – 8 a.m. (morning prayer) and 6:30 p.m. (evening prayer) Monday through Friday, St. John the Baptist friary, Joliet. For information, call Brother Ed at 217-316-4335.
• Franciscan friary fundraiser – April 7, Jacob Henry Manson, Joliet. Mass is 4 p.m. at the mansion chapel. Fellowship hour begins 5 p.m. Dinner is 6 p.m., and awards are at 7 p.m. Also silent auction and silent dessert auction. $65 or $650 for table of 10. Benefits repairs and updates at St. John the Baptist friary in Joliet. For reservations and information about donation gifts, call Brother Ed Arambasich at 217-316-4335.
• SMI Spartan 5K Fun Run/Walk – Event is at 7:15 a.m. March 17. Kids Sparty 2K is
8 a.m. Races chip-timed. Trophies and finisher medals. For information, email Jason at firstname.lastname@example.org.
• “The Seven Last Words of Christ” – 7 p.m. March 25, St. Mary’s Parish, Mokena. Narration and dialogue of the scenes given by 50-member choir, soloists and live orchestra, through the musical work by composers Theodore Dubois, J. S. Bach and others. For tickets, visit squareup.com/store/danse-integro-lfpac.
• Titan Trot 5K & Dash – 8:30 a.m. on Saturday, April 14 at Willowview Park, 11409 W. 195th Street in Mokena. 5K race, non-competitive 5K walk and Kids Dash. The course is UTSAF certified, chip timed course and results are posted online. Benefits St. Mary School. To register, visit runsignup.com. For more information, visit www.stmaryschoolmokena.org.
• JCA’s Step Up Day for 7th Graders – 9:30 a.m. to 1:30 p.m., Joliet Catholic Academy, Joliet. Attend mini classes, experience computer lab, meet up, with almost 50 clubs, organizations, honor societies and sports teams. Pep assembly, free lunch. Transportation to schools sending 10 or more students. Open to private and public school students. For more information, contact admissions at 815.741.0500, ext. 214 or email@example.com.
• Lunch and Learn – Noon to 1:30 p.m.; also March 15, Joliet Jewish Congregation, 250 N. Midland Ave., Joliet. Torah study. $5. RSVP at 815-741-4600. Visit www.jolietjewishcongregation.com.
• Midweek Connections with Pastor Randy – 1:30 to 2 p.m.; also March 15, Families of Faith, 24466 W. Eames St., Channahon. Good old-fashioned Bible preaching, music from a hymnal and fellowship and snacks after service. For information, call 815-467-6846 or visit fofmin.org.
• Prayer Time – 6 p.m.; also 9 a.m. March 15, The Village Christian Church, 8965 S. Bell Road, Minooka. Pray for our church, community and country. Everyone welcome. Drop-in. For information, call 815-467-2265 or visit www.thevillagechristianchurch.com.
• Wildside – 6 to 7:30 p.m. (seventh and eighth grade) and 7 to 8:30 p.m. (high school). Also March 16, United Methodist Church of New Lenox, 339 W. Haven Ave., New Lenox. Food, fun and fellowship. Grades 3 to 6. For information, call 815-485-8271.
• Living the Eucharist – 6:30 to 8 p.m., Saint Mary Nativity, 706 No. Broadway St., Joliet. Church. Presenter: Mary Amore, executive Director of Mayslake Ministries. For more information, call 815-726-4031.
• “The Center” – 6:30 to 9 p.m.; Also March 15, First Presbyterian Church, 805 Western Ave., Joliet. Free food, games, hang time, music and inspirational talk for teens. Topic: “Jesus, Our Best Hope” (Feb. 22). For information, call 815-474-2569, email firstname.lastname@example.org or visit www.thecenterjoliet.org or Facebook.com/thecenterjoliet.
• Family night – 6:45 to 8 p.m.; also March 15, Crystal Lawns Church of the Nazarene, 2424 Caton Farm Road, Joliet. For information, call 815-436-3380.
• 2018 Channahon Antique Fair – 9 a.m. to 6 p.m.; also 9 a.m. to 3 p.m., March 10, Channahon United Methodist Church, 24757 W. Eames St., Channahon. One free appraisal per attendee, silent auction, lunch and bakery for sale. $2 admission. Church thrift shop also open. For information, call 815-351-1254 or 815-467-5275.
• Women’s Bible Study – 9:30 a.m., United Methodist Church, 339 W. Haven Ave., New Lenox. For information, call 815-485-8271.
• Fish fry – 11 a.m. to 9 p.m., Knights of Columbus Council 4400, 1813 Cass St., Joliet. Fish, chicken and shrimp. Carryout. Call
• Stations of the Cross – 3 to 4 p.m. and 7 to 8 p.m., St. Mary’s Catholic Church, 303 W. St. Mary’s St., Minooka. For more information, call 815-467-2233 or visit www.stmarysminooka.com.
• Bingo – Doors open at 4 p.m. Cards begin at 6 p.m., St. Mary Nativity School, 702 N. Broadway St., Joliet.
• Fish Fry – 4 to 7 p.m., St. Ann Catholic Parish, 24500 S Navajo Drive, Channahon. For information, call 467-6962.
• The Knights of Columbus Good Shepherd Council #5573 and Ladies Auxiliary Fish Fry – 4:30 to 7:30 p.m., St. Mary Immaculate gym, Plainfield. Raffles. Nonperishable food donations requested. Carryouts until 7 p.m. at 815-436-2651, ext. 841.
• Friday evening services – 7 p.m., Joliet Jewish Congregation, 250 N. Midland Ave., Joliet. Music led by Sunday School students. For information, visit www.jolietjewishcongregation.com.
• Stations of the Cross (Polish) – 7 p.m., St. Mary Nativity, 706 N. Broadway, Joliet. For information, call 815-726-4031 or 815-436-2651.
• Confession – 3:30 to 4:15 p.m., St. Patrick’s Catholic Church, 710 W. Marion St., Joliet. For information, call 815-727-4746.
• Fish fry – 4 to 8 p.m., Knights of Columbus Council 4400, 1813 E. Cass St., Joliet. Carryout. Call 815-723-3827.
• Ham & Scalloped Potatoes Fundraiser Dinner – 4 to 7 p.m., Elwood Community Church, 101 N Chicago St., Elwood. $10 for adults and $5 for ages 12 and younger. Pay at the door. Carryout available.
• Bingo Night – St. Andrew the Apostle School, 505 Kingston Drive, Romeoville. Doors open at 5 p.m. First game starts at 5:30 p.m.
• Experience Youth Group – Worship at 9 a.m. Discussion is from 10 to 10:45 a.m., United Methodist Church, 339 W. Haven Ave., New Lenox. Meet in narthex. For information, call 815-485-8271.
• Rosary for the Holy Souls in Purgatory – 9:40 a.m., St. Mary Nativity Church, 706 N. Broadway St., Joliet.
• Sunday School – 10 a.m., Joliet Jewish Congregation, 250 N. Midland Ave., Joliet. Call 815-741-4600 or visit www.jolietjewishcongregation.com.served.
• Open House – 9 to 11 a.m., St. Mary Immaculate Parish School, 15629 S. Rt. 59, Plainfield. Preschool, Pre K, kindergarten and first grade.
• Stations of the Cross for Married Couples – 3:30 p.m.; and 7 p.m., March 22, St. Mary Nativity, Joliet. For more information or call Jim and Jane Richards at 815-744-7660 or email email@example.com.
• Chapel Bible study – 7 p.m., United Methodist Church of New Lenox, 339 W. Haven Ave., New Lenox. New members encouraged. For topic and information, call 815-485-8271.
• Michael Johnston’s Bible Study Group – 7 p.m., United Methodist Church, 339 W. Haven Ave., New Lenox. For current topic and information, call 815-485-8271.
• Bible study – 9:30 a.m., St. Mary Nativity, Nativity Room, 706 N. Broadway St., Joliet. Book of Genesis. For information, call Denise Adelmann at 815-838-0337.
• Lenten Bible Study – 9:30 to 11 a.m. Tuesdays; also 6:30 to 8 p.m., Wednesdays, Channahon United Methodist Church, 24751 W. Eames, Channahon. Scripture study with commentary. Book available at class. For more information, call 815-467-5275 or visit channahonumc.org.
• Stations of the Cross (English) – 3:30 p.m., St. Mary Nativity, 706 N. Broadway, Joliet. For information, call 815-726-4031.
• DivorceCare – 6:30 p.m., United Methodist Church, New Lenox. For those going through or struggling with divorce. This is a Bible-based support group that uses videos and discussion. For information, call 815-485-8271.
• Lent service – 7 p.m., Mt. Ebal Missionary Baptist Church, 221 Cameron Ave., Lockport. Speaker: Minister Bennie Yarbough, St. Paul Baptist Church. Call 815-838-6727.
• Confession – 3 to 4 p.m. and 7:30 p.m., St. Patrick’s Catholic Church, 710 W. Marion St., Joliet. For information, call 815-727-4746.
• Homework Hotspot – 3 to 5 p.m., Westminster Presbyterian Church, 1015 Winthrop Ave., Joliet, IL 60435 Across from Larkin Pointe Apartments and Hufford Middle School. Every Wednesday. For more information, visit www.westpresjoliet.org or call 815-725-6687.
• Bible Study – 10 a.m. to 11 a.m. (with Pastor Lora Zink) or 6 to 7 p.m. (with Pastor Fritz Bartels), Grace United Methodist Church, 1718 Avalon Ave., Joliet. Wednesdays through March 28. Topic: “Moses, In The Footsteps of the Reluctant Prophet.”
• AWANA – 6:15 p.m., Parker Road Bible Church, 18512 Parker Road, Mokena. Kids learn Bible verses, sing songs and play games. For information, call 708-463-1125.
• "Grease” – Also March 16 and March 17, Billie Limacher Bicentennial Park & Theatre, 201 W. Jefferson St. in Joliet. $10 )adults) $8 (students, seniors and children under 12). Guests may enter sock hop games during intermission for prizes, to win a raffle basket at each performance, and the 1950s costume contest at Saturday’s performance for a prize. Tickets at door. For more information, contact Jennifer Szynal a firstname.lastname@example.org or call 815-741-0500.