• Alden Courts of Shorewood Memory Care Community is offering respite care – For information, call 815-230-8600.
• Balance enhancement and fall prevention screening – 15-minute appointment, Brain and Balance Clinic, 1051 Essington Road, Joliet. Screens performed through the Shirley Ryan Ability Lab at Silver Cross Hospital. To schedule a free screening, call 815-300-6580.
• Breakfast club – Lewis University, Student Recreation and Fitness Center, 1 University Parkway, Romeoville. Ages 55 and older. For times, fees, registration and information, call Jill Siegfried at 815-836-5277.
• C3 Martial Arts Classes – 6 to 7 p.m. Thursdays, and 10 a.m. to noon Saturdays, Judson Memorial Church Campus, 2800 Black Road, Joliet, Christ Centered Combat (C3) is a martial arts, self-defense class for those ages 7 and older. There is a kids’ taekwondo class Saturday mornings at 10 a.m., and following at 11 a.m. there is a teen/adult combat hapkido class. Thursday evening is all ages. First two are classes free. Call
815-342-3538 or visit www.fbcjoliet.org.
• Cardiac risk assessment – Outpatient Testing Center, Silver Cross Hospital,
1900 Silver Cross Blvd., New Lenox. Measures total cholesterol including HDL and LDL levels, blood glucose level, triglyceride level, blood pressure and body fat and 12-lead EKG. A 12-hour fast is required. $40. Cash, check or credit card will be accepted at the time of appointment. Insurance will not be billed. Call 815-300-7076.
• Child Abuse Hotline – 1-800-25-ABUSE (252-2873)
• Donate used eyeglasses – Through April 15 at Troy Middle School, student services office, 5800 Theodore St., Plainfield. Troy Middle School S.L.A.M. Club will give the glasses to Lions Club, where the glasses will be cleaned, sorted by prescription strength and distributed to people in need. Both children’s and adult glasses are requested.
• Flu shots – Walk-ins: 8 to 11:30 a.m. Monday, Thursday and Friday; 1 to 4 p.m. Tuesday; and 1 to 6 p.m. Wednesday. Closed fourth Friday of the month. Will County Health Department’s Immunizations office, 501 Ella Ave., Joliet. By appointment at the northern branch, 323 Quadrangle Drive, Bolingbrook; and the eastern branch, 5601 W. Monee-Manhattan Road, Monee. For appointments at either branch, residents can call 815-740-8143. Fees: Quadrivalent flu vaccine for adults and children is $40. High-dose flu vaccines for age 65 and older and egg-free flu vaccines are $65. The fee is $23.75 for ages 6 months through 18, who are eligible for the Vaccines for Children Program. For information, visit www.willcountyhealth.org.
• Free blood pressure checks – 10 a.m. to 2 p.m., Silver Cross Health Center, 12701 W. 143rd St., Homer Glen. Walk-ins welcome. For information, call 708-364 6337.
• Grief counseling – Available at Joliet Area Community Hospice for anyone of any age experiencing loss due to death of child, parent, sibling, grandparent, relative, friend or pet, regardless of the cause of death. Call Mary Ann Burns at 815-460-3282.
• Grundy VAC office – To learn about programs for veterans on the local, state and federal level, call 815-941-3152.
• Hospice volunteers needed – Compassus Hospice is seeking caring, dedicated volunteers. Duties may included patient and family visits, holding a hand, providing caregiver relief, reading to patients or playing music for them. For information, call Sarah Gorman, volunteer coordinator, Compassus Hospice, at 815-220-1390.
• Illinois Poison Control – 24 hours a day, 365 days a year, including holidays. Call IPC at 1-800-222-1222. For information, visit illinoispoisoncenter.org.
• LifeSource Blood Donor mobile app – Android users: Google Play. iPhone users: Apple App Store.
• Lung cancer screening – Low-dose CT scan. Annual screening recommended for adults age 55 to 74 years old who have smoked at least a pack a day for 30 years, current smokers, or you have quit within the last 15 years and are in relatively good health. Covered by Medicare and most insurance plans. Must have a doctor’s order. To schedule, call 815-300-7076.
• Morris Hospital online childbirth class – Instructive video clips, animations, interactive games and birth stories. Tours of the Family Birthing Suites at Morris Hospital scheduled upon request. $65. Register at www.morrishospital.org/events. For information, call 815-942-3012.
• Morris Hospital online health risk assessments – For heart disease, peripheral artery disease and stroke. Visit www.morrishospital.org/getcheckednow.
• Morris Hospital seeking volunteers for Youth Cardiac Screening Program – To volunteer, contact Karen Nowosielski or visit www.morrishospital.org/rhythmofour-youth.
• NAMI – Offers information about mental illness conditions, symptoms and treatment at www.namiwillgrundy.org or through its helpline at 815-731-9103.
• Postnatal physical therapy screenings – Silver Cross Health Center, 12701 W. 143rd St., Homer Glen. Free for women six weeks to one year post-delivery. 15-minute exam. Focus on posture, core and pelvic strength. For confidential appointment, call
• Silver Cross Healthy Community Commission offers Health Care Scholarships – For individuals who reside in ZIP codes 60432, 60433, 60436 and the Lockport Grade School District 89. Application deadline is April 30. For applications, visit www.silvercross.org or contact Leslie Newbon at 815-300-1096 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
• Silver Cross online sleep disorders assessment – Visit www.silvercross.org/sleepdisorderscenter.
• Silver Cross online stroke risk assessment – Visit www.silvercross.org/neuro.
• Victims legal advice line – 9 a.m. to
1 p.m. Monday, Tuesday and Thursday, and 6 to 8 p.m. Wednesday. Call 844-388-7757 (toll free). Prairie State Legal Services will answer brief civil questions for victims of domestic violence or sexual assault. Bilingual staff or interpreters for limited English-proficient callers. For legal representation and information, visit www.pslegal.org.
• Will County Health Department walk-in Immunization Clinic – 501 Ella Ave., Joliet. For hours and information about immunization services available to children and adults, call the Will County Health Department immunizations desk at
815-740-8143 or visit shawurl.com/34il.
• 2nd annual Lincoln-Way Half Marathon – 7 a.m. April 22, 123 Kansas St., Frankfort. $70. Register at lincolnwayhalfmarathon.com. For information on sponsorship opportunities, visit lincolnwayhalfmarathon.
• A Matter of Balance – 9:30 to
11:30 a.m. March 12 through April 30, New Lenox VFW Post 9545, 323 Old Hickory Road, New Lenox; and 9:30 to 11:30 a.m. April 2 through May 21, New Lenox Village Hall, 1 Veterans Parkway, New Lenox. Free. To register or for information, contact Daniel Martin, public safety division chief, New Lenox Police Department, at 815-462-6128 or email@example.com.
• Associated Orthodontists Scholarship – Five $1,000 scholarships will be awarded to past and present patients. Application deadline is March 31. Winners will be notified in May. Apply at greatbraces.com.
• Bridging to the Future Spring Brunch – 11 a.m. to 2 p.m. March 18, Prairie Bluff Golf Club, 19433 Renwick Road, Lockport. Easter Bunny (bring camera), raffle and silent auction. Bridges to a New Day helps children learn to deal with bullying issues through in-school programs, as well as providing domestic violence counseling to women. For sponsorships, email firstname.lastname@example.org. For information, visit www.bridgestoanewday.org or call 815-838-2690.
• NAMI Basics – Six-week course runs from 6 to 8:30 p.m. beginning April 8. Group classes for parents and family caregivers of children aged 22 and younger who are experiencing symptoms of a mental illness or already have been diagnosed. Provides critical strategies for caretaking. Register at email@example.com. For information, visit namiwillgrundy.org.
• Spring Adult Workshop – 6 to 8 p.m. March 1, 18, 15 and 22, Joliet Area Community Hospice, 250 Water Stone Circle, Joliet. Topics will include “What is Grief?” with a story shared by Dr. Bill Webster, who established The Center for the Grief Journey. Participants will be able to board the “grief train” and learn and new techniques for relaxation and meditation will be learned. Discussion of remembering loved ones on special occasions. Free. Registration required. Contact Mary Ann Burns at
815-460-3282 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
• SMI Spartan 5K Fun Run/Walk – Event is 7:15 a.m. March 17. Kids Sparty 2K is
8 a.m. Races chip-timed. Trophies Trophies and finisher medals. For information, email Jason at email@example.com.
• Will-Grundy Medical Clinic 30th anniversary Celebration Gala – March 15, Bolingbrook Golf Club, 2001 Rodeo Drive, Bolingbrook. Theme: A Pearl-fect Night of Honors. Cash bar begins 5:30 p.m. Dinner/honors/auction begins 6:15 p.m. $100. Contact Lynette Doherty at 815-726-3377 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
• Yoga – 10:30 to 11:30 a.m; also March 6, The Cancer Support Center, 19657 S. LaGrange Road, Mokena. For information, call 708-478-3529 or visit www.CancerSupportCenter.org.
• Family Caregiver Support Group – 11 a.m., also March 6, Easter Seals, Joliet Region, 212 Barney Drive, Joliet. Contact Kathy Miller at 815-931-9693 or email@example.com.
• Art Therapy – Noon to 1:45 p.m., The Cancer Support Center, 19657 S. LaGrange Road, Mokena. For information, call 708-478-3529 or visit www.CancerSupportCenter.org.
• Joliet TOPS – Weigh-in is from 5:45 to 6:15 p.m., meeting is at 6:30 p.m.; also March 6, First Presbyterian Church, 805 Western Ave., Joliet. For information, call Linda
• Bipolar Disease Support Group – 6:30 to 8:30 p.m., Silver Cross Hospital’s Behavioral Health Services, 1900 Silver Cross Blvd., New Lenox. First-time participants register at 888-660-HEAL (4325) or www.silvercross.org.
• Birthing Center tours – 7 p.m., also March 6, Silver Cross Hospital, 1900 Silver Cross Blvd., New Lenox. Call 888-660-4325 or visit www.silvercross.org/our-services/other-services/birthing-center.
• PrEP (Pre-Exposure Prophylaxis) –
9 a.m. to 4 p.m., Will County Community Health Center Care Clinic. Offers a Truvada pill, to be taken once a day to prevent transmission of HIV virus. Designed for those without insurance. No one will be turned away. To make an appointment, call
815-727-8830. For information on Truvada, visit www.drugs.com/pro/truvada.html.
• Breastfeeding Mother’s Support Group at PSJMC – 10:30 a.m. to noon, Presence Saint Joseph Medical Center, Auditorium B, 333 N. Madison St., Joliet. Weekly group.
• Sit & Stay Fit Chair Exercises – 10:30 to 11:30 a.m., Crest Hill Library, 20670 Len Kubinski Drive, Crest Hill. For information, call 815-552-4284 or visit www.whiteoaklibrary.org.
• Stroke Support Group – 4 to 5 p.m. at Silver Cross Hospital, Rehabilitation Institute of Chicago Inpatient Unit Dining Room, 1900 Silver Cross Blvd., New Lenox. First-time participants register at 888-660-HEAL (4325) or www.silvercross.org.
• Obesity and Your Health: Is Weight Loss Surgery Right for You? – 5:45 p.m. BMI Surgery, Silver Cross Hospital Pavilion A, Suite 260, 1890 Silver Cross Blvd., New Lenox. Drs. Christopher Joyce and Brian Lahmann, gastric bypass surgeons, will offer a free informational session. Register at 888-660-4325 or www.silvercross.org.
• Brain Injury Support Group – 6 p.m., Easter Seals Joliet Region, 212 Barney Drive, Joliet. Contact Kathy Miller at 815-931-9693 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
• Substance Use Disorder Education – 6 p.m., Stepping Stones, 1621 Theodore St., Joliet. Topics include effects of drugs, overdose prevention, disease versus choice, Alanon and co-dependency, effect on families and needs of family members. Reservations not needed. For information, call 815-744-4555, ext. 111.
• Small equipment Grant Program registration deadline – The Office of the State Fire Marshal will award $2.2 million to eligible fire departments and ambulance services during this application period. The program was established to provide grants of up to $26,000 for the purchase of small firefighting and ambulance equipment to fire departments and nonprofit ambulance services across Illinois. Applications must be postmarked by Feb. 28. For information and an application, visit www2.illinois.gov/sites/sfm/Iam/FireDepartment/Grants-and-Loans/Pages/default.aspx.
• T.O.P.S. (Take Off Pounds Sensibly) – 9 to 10:45 a.m., Troy Township Community Center, 25448 Seil Road, Shorewood. For information, call Kathy at 815-210-5742 or Judy at 815-744-2068.
• Cradle Talk – 10 to 11 a.m., Our Saviour’s Lutheran Church, 815 South Washington St., Naperville. Weekly support group for new parents and their babies, ages 0-6 months. Led by an Edward Hospital mother/baby nurse. Guest speakers. Weekly topics. Special events. Bring newborn with you. For information, call 630-527-3957 or visit www.eehealth.org/services/pregnancy-baby/resources/cradle-talk.
• Caregiver Support Group – 6:30 p.m., Timbers of Shorewood, 1100 N. River Road, Shorewood. Free to the public. For information, call 815-609-0669 or visit www.timbersofshorewood.com.
• Type 2 Diabetes Support Group – 6:30 to 8 p.m., Edward Plainfield Outpatient Center, 24600 127th St., Plainfield. Guest speakers and topics focusing on diabetes management. For more information and to RSVP, call 815-731-3147 or e-mail email@example.com.
• Breastfeeding Support Group – 10:30 a.m. to noon, Silver Cross Hospital’s Conference Center, Pavilion A, 1890 Silver Cross Blvd., New Lenox. Hosted by certified lactation consultants. Free. Infants welcome. First-time participants register at www.silvercross.org or 888-660-HEAL (4325).
• Optimizing Brain Fitness – 3 p.m., The Timbers of Shorewood, 1100 N. River Road, Shorewood. Total of 12 lectures through June.Facilitated by Linda McCluskey. To register or for more information, call 815-609-0669 or visit www.timbersofshorewood.com.
• Gluten Free Support Group – 10 a.m. to noon, Edward Plainfield Outpatient Center,
24160 127th St. Plainfield. Monthly meetings for those living with celiac disease and gluten intolerance. Free. For information, visit glutenfreewikaduke.blogspot.com.
• Sensory Yoga – 10:30 to 11:30 a.m., Mokena Community Public Library District, 11327 W 195th St, Mokena. For children with sensory issues and a parent. Ages prekindergarten through 9. Limit 10 children. To register, please call 708-479-9663 or register through the events calendar at www.mokenalibrary.org.
• Zumba – 10:45 to 11:45 a.m., Fountaindale Public Library District, 300 W. Briarcliff Road, Bolingbrook. Adults. Call 630-759-2102 or visit fountaindale.org.
• Birthing Center tours – 1:30 p.m.; also 1:30 and 4 p.m. Sunday, Silver Cross Hospital, 1900 Silver Cross Blvd., New Lenox. Call 888-660-4325 or visit www.silvercross.org/our-services/other-services/birthing-center.
• NAMI Connection Support Group – 6 p.m., Presence St. Joseph Medical Center, LDRP Classroom, 222 Madison St., Joliet. For adults living with mental illness. Free. Contact NAMI Will Grundy at 815-731-9103 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
• NAMI Family Support Group (Joliet) – 6 p.m., Presence St. Joseph Medical Center, LDRP Classroom, 222 Madison St., Joliet. Free. Facilitated by trained team of family members of individuals living with mental illness. For more information, call 815-731-9103 or email email@example.com.
• Hines Veterans Mobile Medical Unit – 9 a.m., Morris American Legion Hall 212 W Washington St., Morris. Information and services. For more information, call the Grundy County VAC office at 815-941-3152.
• Tai Chi – 2:30 p.m., Timbers of Shorewood retirement community, 1100 N. River Road, Shorewood. Free and open to the public. For information, call 815-609-0669 or visit www.timbersofshorewood.com.
• Teen clinic – 3 to 6 p.m., Will County Community Health Center, 1106 Neal Ave., Joliet. Birth control, health education, and testing pregnancy, sexually transmitted diseases and HIV. Ages 12 to 21. Walk-ins welcome. For information, call or text 815-685-2178.
• T.O.P.S. (Take Off Pounds Sensibly) – 5:15 to 6:45 p.m., Romeoville Police Department, 900 Romeo Road, Romeoville. For more information, call Sandie at 815-886-9252.
• Colorectal Cancer Networking Group – 6 to 7 p.m., The Cancer Support Center, 19657 S. LaGrange Road, Mokena. For information and to register,call 708-478-3529 or visit www.CancerSupportCenter.org.
• Baby Basics Class – 6:30 to 8:30 p.m., Silver Cross Hospital Conference Center, 1890 Silver Cross Blvd., New Lenox. $25 a couple. Register at www.silvercross.org/specialdeliveries or call 888-660-HEAL (4325).
• Stop Osteoporosis – 6:30 to 7:30 p.m., Silver Cross Hospital Conference Center, Pavilion A, 1890 Silver Cross Blvd., New Lenox. Presenter: Dr. Sushma Nagabhairava. Free. Register at www.silvercross.org.
• Bosom Buddies support group – 7 to 8:30 p.m., Presence Cancer Care, 2614 W. Jefferson St., Joliet.