• C3 Martial Arts Classes – 6 to 7 p.m. Thursdays and 10 a.m. to noon Saturdays, Judson Memorial Church campus, 2800 Black Road, Joliet. Christ Centered Combat (C3) is a martial arts, self-defense class for those ages 7 and older. We have a kids tae kwon do class Saturday mornings at 10 a.m., and at 11 a.m. there is a teen/adult combat hapkido class. Thursday evening is for all ages. First two classes are free. Call 815-342-3538 or visit www.fbcjoliet.org.
• Catholic Campaign for Human Development grant – Does your organization work to break the cycle of poverty? Interested in receiving more funding? Your organization may qualify for a CCHD grant. CCHD is the anti-poverty program of the U.S. Catholic Bishops. Qualified organizations should not go against the teachings of the Catholic church. Apply by March 1 at www.dioceseofjoliet.org/cchd. For information, contact Annemarie Coman at email@example.com.
• Catholics Returning Home – Six-week series. 7:30 to 9 p.m. Mary Immaculate Parish, north wing room A, 15629 S. Route 59, Plainfield. March 5: “The Church Today: Changes Since Vatican II;” March 12: The Mass; March 19: Sacrament of Reconciliation explained; March 26: “The Creed: What Catholics Believe.” Registration requested. For information, call Deacon Tom O’Connell at 815-230-2241 or visit www.smip.org.
• Choir members wanted – For Mokena United Methodist Church. Choir practice is at 7:30 p.m., Mokena UMC, 10901 W. LaPorte Road, Mokena. Attend weekly practices Wednesdays and sing at the
10:15 a.m. Sunday worship. Join any time. Call the church office at 708-479-1110.
• Crafters and vendors wanted for Simple Indulgence Craft and Vendor Fair –
9 a.m. to 2 p.m. April 14, First Presbyterian Church, 805 Western Ave., Joliet. Proceeds (excluding sales of craft items) benefit Feed My Starving Children. For registration and information, visit www.firstpresjoliet.org, or call 815-727-9259.
• Free mobile rosary app – Features a traditional rosary with soothing audio and text of each prayer. Each rosary can be dedicated to a cause or intention and shared on Facebook or Twitter so friends and family know you are praying for them. It also includes an inspirational prayer of the day. Available for download on iTunes and Google Play. For information, call 844-693-4201 or visit www.FamilyRosary.org.
• Joliet Jewish Congregation’s Hadassah Book Club – Meets at 7 p.m. monthly at a congregant’s home. For information, call 815-741-4600.
• Joliet Jewish Congregation’s Sisterhood gift shop – For hours of operation and information, call 815-741-4600.
• Kids & Company Preschool in partnership with the United Methodist Church of New Lenox – Now accepting registration for the 2018-19 school year, 339 W. Haven Ave. Ages 2 to 5. For information, call 815-485-9504.
• Musical opportunities at United Methodist Church of New Lenox – Vocal choirs, bell choirs or praise team. Children, teens and adults. Rehearsals are Wednesday or Thursday evenings. Call Mike Weirman about vocal and bell choirs and Tom Burns about the praise team at 815-485-8271.
• Pray with the Franciscan Friars – 8 a.m. (morning prayer) and 6:30 p.m. (evening prayer) Monday through Friday, St. John the Baptist friary, Joliet. For information, call Brother Ed at 217-316-4335.
• Seeking vendors for 2018 Antique Fair of Channahon – Event is from 9 a.m. to 6 p.m. March 9 and from 9 a.m. to
3 p.m. March 10, Channahon United Methodist Church, 24751 W. Eames St., Channahon. $35 to $50. For information, call Vickie at 815-351-1254 or the church office at 815-467-5275.
• Franciscan fundraiser – April 7, Jacob Henry Manson, Joliet. Mass is at 4 p.m. at the mansion chapel. Fellowship hour begins at 5 p.m. Dinner is at 6 p.m., and awards are at 7 p.m. Also silent auction and silent dessert auction. $65 or $650 for table of 10. Benefits repairs and updates at St. John the Baptist friary in Joliet. For reservations and information about donation gifts, call Brother Ed Arambasich at 217-316-4335.
• SMI Spartan 5K Fun Run/Walk – Event is at 7:15 a.m. March 17. Kids Sparty 2K is
8 a.m. Races chip-timed. Trophies and finisher medals. For information, email Jason at firstname.lastname@example.org.
• “The Seven Last Words of Christ” –
7 p.m. March 25, St. Mary’s Parish, Mokena. Narration and dialogue of the scenes given by 50-member choir, soloists and live orchestra, through the musical work by composers Theodore Dubois, J. S. Bach and others. For tickets, visit squareup.com/store/danse-integro-lfpac.
• Lunch and Learn – Noon to 1:30 p.m.; Joliet Jewish Congregation, 250 N. Midland Ave., Joliet. Torah study. $5. RSVP at 815-741-4600. Visit www.jolietjewishcongregation.com.
• St. Mary Immaculate Council of Catholic Women – 1 p.m., St. Mary Immaculate Parish, Faith Sharing, Harvester Rooms, 15629 S. Route 59, Plainfield. Lenten reflection. Presenter: the Rev. John Regan. Also prayer, fellowship, desserts. For information, contact Maggie Redman, CCW president, at email@example.com or call 815-782-4190.
• Midweek Connections with Pastor Randy – 1:30 to 2 p.m., Families of Faith, 24466 W. Eames St., Channahon. Good old-fashioned Bible preaching, music from a hymnal and fellowship and snacks after service. For information, call 815-467-6846 or visit fofmin.org.
• Prayer Time – 6 p.m.; also 9 a.m. March 8, The Village Christian Church, 8965 S. Bell Road, Minooka. Pray for our church, community and country. Everyone welcome. Drop-in. For information, call 815-467-2265 or visit www.thevillagechristianchurch.com.
• Wildside – 6 to 7:30 p.m. (seventh and eighth grade) and 7 to 8:30 p.m. (high school). Also March 8, United Methodist Church of New Lenox, 339 W. Haven Ave., New Lenox. Food, fun and fellowship. Grades 3 to 6. For information, call 815-485-8271.
• “The Center” – 6:30 to 9 p.m.; Also March 8, First Presbyterian Church, 805 Western Ave., Joliet. Free food, games, hang time, music and inspirational talk for teens. Topic: “Jesus, Our Best Hope” (Feb. 22). For information, call 815-474-2569, email firstname.lastname@example.org or visit www.thecenterjoliet.org or Facebook.com/thecenterjoliet.
• Family night – 6:45 to 8 p.m.; also March 8, Crystal Lawns Church of the Nazarene, 2424 Caton Farm Road, Joliet. For information, call 815-436-3380.
• Women’s Bible Study – 9:30 a.m., United Methodist Church, 339 W. Haven Ave., New Lenox. For information, call 815-485-8271.
• World Day of Prayer Service – 10 a.m. to noon, Prayer Tower Church of God in Christ, 500 Stryker Ave., Joliet. Ecumenical celebration of prayer and prayerful action. Theme: “All God’s Creation Is Very Good!” Lunch and program. $5. For information, call 815-726-8185.
• Fish fry – 11 a.m. to 9 p.m., Knights of Columbus Council 4400, 1813 Cass St., Joliet. Fish, chicken and shrimp. Carryout. Call
• Stations of the Cross – 3 to 4 p.m. and 7 to 8 p.m., St. Mary’s Catholic Church, 303 W. St. Mary’s St., Minooka. For more information, call 815-467-2233 or visit www.stmarysminooka.com.
• Bingo – Doors open at 4 p.m. Cards begin at 6 p.m., St. Mary Nativity School, 702 N. Broadway St., Joliet.
• The Knights of Columbus Good Shepherd Council #5573 and Ladies Auxiliary Fish Fry – 4:30 to 7:30 p.m., St. Mary Immaculate gym, Plainfield. Raffles. Nonperishable food donations requested. Carryouts until 7 p.m. at 815-436-2651, ext. 841.
• Friday evening services – 7 p.m., Joliet Jewish Congregation, 250 N. Midland Ave., Joliet. Music led by Sunday School students. For information, visit www.jolietjewishcongregation.com.
• Stations of the Cross (Polish) – 7 p.m., St. Mary Nativity, 706 N. Broadway, Joliet. For information, call 815-726-4031 or 815-436-2651.
• First Saturday Devotion/Rosary – After 7:30 a.m. Mass, St. Mary Immaculate Parish, 15629 S. Route 59, Plainfield. For information, call 815-436-2651.
• Pancake Breakfast – 7:30 to 11 a.m., Ingalls Park United Methodist Church, 105 Davison St., Joliet. Sponsored by Kings Daughters and Sons, Mabel Fox Circle. $5 (adults), $4 (ages 4 to 12). Free for 3 and under.
• First Saturday Devotion Prayers – 9 a.m., Church of St. Jude, 2212 McDonough St., Joliet. All welcome.
• Confession – 3:30 to 4:15 p.m., St. Patrick’s Catholic Church, 710 W. Marion St., Joliet. For information, call 815-727-4746.
• Fish fry – 4 to 8 p.m., Knights of Columbus Council 4400, 1813 E. Cass St., Joliet. Carryout. Call 815-723-3827.
• “Hallelujah” Soup Supper – 4 to 6:30 p.m., Coal City United Methodist Church, 6805 E. McArdle Road, Coal City. Dinner includes choice of vegetable beef or chicken noodle soup, a sandwich, crackers, a beverage, ice cream and dessert. $8 for ages 13 and older, $4 for ages 6 to 12, $2 for ages 3 to 5, free for age 2 and younger. Carryouts are available. Proceeds benefit church building fund.
• Irish Mass and Dinner – Event is 4 p.m., March 4, St. Patrick’s Catholic Church, 710 W. Marion St., Joliet. Bagpipe Mass starts 4 p.m. Dinner and entertainment is 4 to 8 p.m. Irish stew ($15), and corned beef and cabbage ($13) dinners (soda bread and dessert included). Corned beef sandwich platters ($10) pasta for the kids ($5) and family dinner for four ($20) available. Entertainment includes Rustic Detour, Keigher Irish Dancers, and bagpipe music by Brian McKee. For more information, call the parish at 815-727-4746.
• Bingo Night – St. Andrew the Apostle School, 505 Kingston Drive, Romeoville. Doors open at 5 p.m. First game starts at 5:30 p.m.
• Experience Youth Group – Worship is at 8:45 a.m. Discussion is at 10:20 a.m., United Methodist Church, 339 W. Haven Ave., New Lenox. Meet in narthex. For information, call 815-485-8271.
• Rosary for the Holy Souls in Purgatory – 9:40 a.m., St. Mary Nativity Church, 706 N. Broadway St., Joliet.
• Sunday School – 10 a.m., Joliet Jewish Congregation, 250 N. Midland Ave., Joliet. Call 815-741-4600 or visit www.jolietjewishcongregation.com.served.
• Installation Service of new senior pastor Frank Volpe – 10:30 a.m., Parker Road Bible Church, 18512 Parker Road, Mokena. All welcome. For more information, call the church at 815-463-1125.
• Healing Prayer Service – 1:30 p.m., St. Mary Immaculate Parish, 15629 S. Route 59, Plainfield. For information, call 815-436-2651
• Chapel Bible study – 7 p.m., United Methodist Church of New Lenox, 339 W. Haven Ave., New Lenox. New members encouraged. For topic and information, call 815-485-8271.
• Michael Johnston’s Bible Study Group – 7 p.m., United Methodist Church, 339 W. Haven Ave., New Lenox. For current topic and information, call 815-485-8271.
• Bible study – 9:30 a.m., St. Mary Nativity, Nativity Room, 706 N. Broadway St., Joliet. Book of Genesis. For information, call Denise Adelmann at 815-838-0337.
• Lenten Bible Study – 9:30 to 11 a.m. Tuesdays; also 6:30 to 8 p.m., Wednesdays, Channahon United Methodist Church, 24751 W. Eames, Channahon. Scripture study with commentary. Book available at class. For more information, call 815-467-5275 or visit channahonumc.org.
• Stations of the Cross (English) – 3:30 p.m., St. Mary Nativity, 706 N. Broadway, Joliet. For information, call 815-726-4031.
• DivorceCare – 6:30 p.m., United Methodist Church, New Lenox. For those going through or struggling with divorce. This is a Bible-based support group that uses videos and discussion. For information, call 815-485-8271.
• Lent service – 7 p.m., Mt. Ebal Missionary Baptist Church, 221 Cameron Ave., Lockport. Speaker: Pastor Edward (Teddy) Winfrey Jr -The Way Church. Call 815-838-6727.
• Three Rivers Gardening Angels monthly meeting – 7 p.m., Channahon United Methodist Church, 24751 W. Eames St. Channahon. Presentation by Nina Koziol of thisgardencooks.com on American Home Design from 1832 to the present. Refreshments served. Guests and new members are welcome. For more information, visit the Three Rivers Gardening Angels Facebook page.
• Confession – 3 to 4 p.m. and 7:30 p.m., St. Patrick’s Catholic Church, 710 W. Marion St., Joliet. For information, call 815-727-4746.
• Homework Hotspot – 3 to 5 p.m., Westminster Presbyterian Church, 1015 Winthrop Ave., Joliet, IL 60435 Across from Larkin Pointe Apartments and Hufford Middle School. Every Wednesday. For more information, visit www.westpresjoliet.org or call 815-725-6687.
• Bible Study – 10 a.m. to 11 a.m. (with Pastor Lora Zink) or 6 to 7 p.m. (with Pastor Fritz Bartels), Grace United Methodist Church, 1718 Avalon Ave., Joliet. Wednesdays through March 28. Topic: “Moses, In The Footsteps of the Reluctant Prophet.”
• AWANA – 6:15 p.m., Parker Road Bible Church, 18512 Parker Road, Mokena. Kids learn Bible verses, sing songs and play games. For information, call 708-463-1125.
• JCA’s Step Up Day for 7th Graders – 9:30 a.m. to 1:30 p.m., Joliet Catholic Academy, Joliet. Attend mini classes, experience computer lab, meet up, with almost 50 clubs, organizations, honor societies and sports teams. Pep assembly, free lunch. Transportation to schools sending 10 or more students. Open to private and public school students. For more information, contact admissions at 815.741.0500, ext. 214 or email@example.com.
attending mini-classes that will offer fun demonstrations, games, or performances in such areas as Fine Arts and Science. The students will have an opportunity to experience the state-of-the-art JCA Computer Lab and receive a free lunch served by Quest Food Management in our recently renovated cafeteria. For more information,
The day’s agenda will also allow 7th grade students to meet up with almost 50 clubs, organizations, honor societies and sports teams to ask questions of the moderators, coaches, and JCA students. Their day will end with an official High School Pep Assembly! JCA will provide transportation to and from area schools sending 10 or more students.