Does your church or organization host a food pantry or other event to help the hungry? Send the information and/or photos to firstname.lastname@example.org.
• Food Basket Delivery – Senior Services of Will County, in conjunction of Northern Illinois Food Bank, will start a monthly delivery of food baskets to multigenerational families in which grandchildren are being raised by grandparents. Seniors must be age 60 or older. Children must be younger than 18 unless they are disabled. Call 815-723-9713.
• "A Cup of Hope: A Garden Tea to Solve Hunger" – March 4, Hotel Arista in Naperville. Gardeners and food bank supporters will gather for a traditional afternoon tea party to raise money to combat hunger. For information about upcoming events at Northern Illinois Food Bank, visit www.SolveHungerToday.org, or call 630-443-6910. For information on the Cup of Hope event or to join the Executive Women’s Council, visit www.SolveHungerToday.org/ACupofHope or call Kate Thomas at 630-443-6910, ext. 117.
• “March for Meals” – 6 to 10 p.m. March 16, Harrah’s Joliet Casino & Hotel, 151 N. Joliet St., Joliet. Dinner, silent auction, music. $50. Benefits Meals on Wheels of Will County. For information or to purchase tickets, call Tammy Barnes, outreach coordinator, at 815-726-0094, ext. 322.
• Daybreak Center: Shepherd’s Table – 8:30 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. Monday through Friday. For food, call 815-774-4663. To volunteer, email Stephanie Ambrose at email@example.com.
• Blessing Bench Food Pantry at First and Santa Cruz Lutheran Church – 1:30 to 4 p.m., Wednesdays, 55 W. Benton St., Joliet. For information, call 815 722-4800.
• Fellowship Bible – First and third Thursday of each month. The church serves only 50 families. Anyone else must be put on a waiting list. When a family leaves, the next family on the list will be allowed to come. For food or to volunteer, call 815-727-1530.
• Lebanon District Laymen Ministry – 9 to 11 a.m. fourth Saturday of the month. For food or to volunteer, call 815-723-9445.
• Life Line Food Pantry – 10 a.m. to 1 p.m. every Wednesday. For food or to volunteer, call 815-722-2570.
• Lemont United Methodist Church Food Pantry – 9:30 a.m. to 12:30 p.m. Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday. For information, call 630-257-5210.
• Ridgewood United Community Pantry – 1 to 3 p.m. Wednesdays, Trinity United Methodist Church, 301 Fairbanks Ave., Joliet. Serves residents of ZIP codes 60432 and 60433. For information, call 815-722-2383.
• Sacred Heart: Family Table Soup Kitchen – Noon to 2 p.m. every Tuesday. Anyone can come; no ID is required. For food or to volunteer, call 815-722-0295.
• Salvation Army Joliet Food Pantry – Noon to 3 p.m. every Monday. Visitors may only come once a month. A Will County photo ID is required, as well as a piece of mail verifying the address for every family member age 18 or older. A birth certificate for children younger than 18 or medical card that shows children’s dates of birth is required for the first visit. For food or to volunteer, call 815-726-4834.
• Second Baptist Food Pantry (Blessing Table Ministry) – Noon to 4 p.m. every Thursday. For food or to volunteer, call 815-726-3731.
• Soul Food Pantry – 4:30 to 6 p.m. twice a month, normally first and third Monday. Volunteers: Come a little early to be assigned jobs. Call 815-725-6835.
• Spanish Community Center – 11:30 a.m. to 2 p.m. every Tuesday. For food or to volunteer, call 815-727-3683.
• St. John Lutheran Church Food Pantry – 12:30 to 2:30 p.m. Tuesdays; 9 to 11 a.m. Thursdays and Saturdays. For information, call 815-439-2320 or visit stjohnfood.org.
• St. John the Baptist Food Pantry – 9 to 11:30 a.m. every Monday. Serves residents of 60435 and 60436 ZIP codes. For food and to volunteer, call 815-727-4788.
• St. Patrick’s Food Pantry – 9 to 11:30 a.m. every Monday except holidays. Call 815-727-4746.
• Warren-Sharpe Community Center – 1 to 4 p.m. Tuesdays and Fridays. Serves Will County residents. Visitors must bring ID or document proving their address is in Will County. People only are allowed to come to the pantry to get food once a month. For food or to volunteer, call 815-722-2727.
Little Free Food Pantries
• Big Brothers Big Sisters of Will and Grundy Counties – 417 Taylor St., Joliet
• Canals & Trails Credit Union – 838 S. State St., Lockport
• D’Arcy Hyundai – 2521 W. Jefferson St., Joliet
• EZ Auto – 313 S. Larkin Ave., Joliet
• Hope United Methodist Church – 2506 Caton Farm Road, Joliet
• Ignite Christian Church – 1189 W. First St., Braidwood
• Lardi Chiropractic – 495 E. First St., Coal City
• Living Water Church of the Nazarene – 118 E. Jefferson St., Morris
• Mazon American Legion Post 352 – 508 Depot St., Mazon
• Phelan Acres Bible Church – 26009 Willow Lane, Wilmington
• Sage Plaza – 110 Macgregor Road, Lockport
• SouthField Church – 24557 W. Eames St., Channahon
• Shorewood-Troy Public Library “Little Free Food Pantry” – Has space for baby/toddler food, nonperishable food items and hygiene items. For information, contact Jennie Mills at 815-725-1715 or firstname.lastname@example.org.