• Summer Horse Camps – 9 a.m. to
3 p..m. Monday through Thursday, Nova Quarter Horses, 10129 W. 187th St., Mokena. Sessions are: June 11 to 14, June 18 to 21, June 25 to 28, July 9 to 12, July 30 to Aug. 2. Includes a riding lesson each day and hands-on experience in grooming, bridling and saddling horses. The last day features a horse show for family and friends. Ages 7 to 18. To register, call Mokena Park District at 708-390-2401 or visit www.mokenapark.com.
• VIP Bird Watching At Lake Renwick –
10 to 10:45 a.m., Lake Renwick Heron Rookery, Plainfield. Storytime and watch herons. To register and for information, visit plainfieldpubliclibrary.org or call 815-436-6639.
• Oberweis Fundraiser – Noon to 9 p.m., Oberweis, Plainfield. Benefits Hopeful Tails in Joliet. For information, visit this event on Facebook or call 779- 206-2132.
• Cat adoption – 5 to 7 p.m.; also 1 to
3 p.m., Bolingbrook PetSmart on Weber Road. Call Humane Haven Animal Shelter at 630-378-4208 for information or an appointment. All Humane Haven cats are spayed or neutered, microchipped, FeLV/FIV tested and have their distemper and rabies shots.
• Animal Quest – 2 to 2:45 p.m., Fountaindale Public Library District, 300 W. Briarcliff Road, Bolingbrook. See and touch exotic animals. All ages. Call 630-759-2102 or visit fountaindale.org.
• Tail Waggin’ Tutors – 3 to 4 p.m., Coal City Public Library, 85 N. Garfield St., Coal City. Children build reading skills by reading to a therapy dog. First to fifth grade. To schedule a time, contact Rene Norris at
815-634-4552, ext. 110, or email@example.com.
• “Beginning Birding” registration deadline – Event is 1 to 3 p.m. Saturday, Forest Preserve District of Will County’s Monee Reservoir. Hike with a naturalist to learn basic birdwatching techniques; find and identify birds using field guides, binoculars and a spotting scope. All ages. Free. Register at ReconnectWithNature.org or 708-534-8499.
• “Lake Renwick Bird Viewing” – 8 a.m. to noon, Plainfield. Volunteers and staff at viewing platform and visitor center to answer questions. Spotting scopes and limited number of loaner binoculars are available. Bringing your own binoculars or spotting scope is recommended. Park in the Renwick Road lot. No dogs or bicycles. Free. All ages. Registration not required. For information, visit ReconnectWithNature.org.
• Adoption Event – 11 a.m. to 2 p.m., Pet Supplies Plus, 9430 W. 159th St., Orland Park. Hosted by NAWS of Illinois in Mokena. For information, email Jeannine at Jeannine@nawsus.org.
• Coal Black Exotic Reptile Show – 1 to 2:30 p.m., Coal City Public Library District, 85 N. Garfield St., Coal City. Pet and learn about tortoises, snakes, lizards, various amphibians, and arachnids during this fun and educational program. All ages. Must be a CCPLD library cardholder to attend. Register at www.ccpld.org.
• Pet Fest and Car Show Family Event – Noon to 9 p.m., St. Joseph’s Park, 700 Theodore St., Joliet. Adoptable animals from multiple animal rescue agencies, a pet costume contest and animal product vendors. Jim Nesci will present his cold-blooded creatures show. Food, a beer garden, DJ, live bands, a kid’s area, raffles and a car show. Benefits Wags 2 Wishes. For information, visit www.w2wrescue.com.