• Peter Pan and the Pirates – Also July 10 to 13, Joliet Junior College, 1214 Houbolt Road, Joliet. Admission is $8.50 per person ($7.50 for groups of 25 or more). For reservations and more information, call 630-932-1555 or visit www.absproductions.com.
• Family Robot PlayLab – 10:30 a.m. to 12:30 p.m., Plainfield Public Library District, 15025 S. Illinois St., Plainfield., Stop in to get hands on experience with different types of robots. All ages. For more information, call 815-436-6639 or visit plainfieldpubliclibrary.org.
• Barbie Club – 11 a.m. to noon., Joliet Public Library, 150 N. Ottawa St., Joliet. Children of all ages with adult. Dolls and accessories provided. Registration not required. For information, call 815-740-2660 or visit jolietlibrary.org.
• Fridays on the Green – 10 to 11 a.m.; also July 13, Breidert Green. downtown Frankfort. Children's entertainment. For lineup, visit www.frankfortcarclub.org.
• Canasta – 1 to 4 p.m., Coal City Public Library District, 78 N. Garfield St., Coal City. Join this group the first Friday of each month in the meeting room. Adults. For more information, contact Kathy Brown at 815-634-4552 ext. 141or email@example.com.
• Morris Watercolor Guild – 1 to 3 p.m.; also July 13, United Methodist Church, 118 W. Jackson St., Morris. Meets Friday afternoons. Monthly workshops. Occasional field trips. New members welcome. For more information, call Kathy Skoza at 815-685-1046.
• Fridays in the Park with Abe – 7 to 9 p.m., Lincoln Landing, along the Illinois and Michigan Canal, Lockport. Featuring Fake I.D. (70s and 80s covers) and live Abraham Lincoln and Mary Todd re-creators. Abe and Mary Todd look-alike contest. Bring lawn chairs, blankets, picnic foods, non-alcoholic beverages. Smokin’ Z BBQ food truck. Family and pet friendly. For information, call Gallery Seven at 815-483-4310.
• Lip Sync Contest – 6:30 to 7:30 p.m., Three Rivers Public Library District, 25207 W Channon Drive, Channahon. Ages 10 to 17. For information, call 815-467-6200 or visit www.trpld.org.
• Open Mic Night – 7 to 10 p.m., The EXibit Fine Art Center and Gallery, 315-A Bedford Road, Morris. Free to the public. $5 donation is suggested. Coffee, water and popcorn provided. Bring your own beverages and snacks. For information, visit www.exibit.org.
• Open Mic night – 9 to 11 p.m.; also July 13, Tully’s Monster Pub and Grill, 104 Liberty St., Morris. Call 815-941-5098.
• Starship Creek – 9 p.m., Chicago Street Pub, 75 N. Chicago St., Joliet. Country music. Call 815-727-7171 or www.chicagost.com.
• Birding by Boat" registration deadline – Event is 9 to 10:30 a.m., Rock Run Rookery Preserve, Joliet. Previous kayaking experience required. $20 per person. Ages 18 and up. Register at ReconnectWithNature.org or by calling 815-722-9470.
• Bubble Run: Chicago 2018 – Chicagoland Speedway, Joliet. Wearing white T-shirts, "adults, kids and strollers run, walk, dance and play" their way through three miles. At each kilometer, they run through colored foam. For information and registration, visit http://bubblerun.com/upcoming-locations/chicago-il/
• Boating Safety & Inspections – 9 a.m. to 1 p.m., Whalon Lake in Naperville and 9 a.m.-noon, Saturday, July 14, at Rock Run Rookery in Joliet. Visit with the U.S. Coast Guard Auxiliary and get a free boat safety inspection that ensures you are compliant with state regulations. Forest Preserve District of Will County staff and volunteers will be on hand to answer questions about boating in the preserves. Registration is not required for the free, all-ages program. For information, visit ReconnectWithNature.org
• Master Chef Jr. – 11 a.m. to 12:30 p.m., Three Rives Public Library District, 109 Wabena Ave., Minooka. Ages 8 to 12. Challenges your skills in a culinary contest. For information, call 815-467-1600 or visit www.trpld.org.
• Master Teen – 1 to 3 p.m., Three Rives Public Library District, 109 Wabena Ave., Minooka. Ages 13 to 17. Challenges your skills in a culinary contest. For information, call 815-467-1600 or visit www.trpld.org.
• Joliet Pizza-Off – 5 to 9 p.m. July 7 at Elder Brewing Co., 218 E Cass St., Joliet. Blind taste-testing of the participating food entries , which will get a popular vote, and an electoral food college vote. $5 to participate aka eat some pizza and vote. For more information, call 815-651-4200.
• Cody Calkins – 8:30 p.m., Clayton's Tap, 122 W. Washington St., Morris. Rock out to some of Cody Calkins' country. For more information, call 815-942-3811 or visit www.claytonstap.com.
• 18th Annual Art in the Garden – 0 a.m. to 4 p.m. July 8, The Fields on Caton Farm, Inc., 1850 Caton Farm Road, Crest Hill. Stroll through the grounds and check out art by local artists. Catering by Tom Grotovsky (Great American Bagel and Unforgettable Chef fame).For details and artwork samples, visit https://www.fieldsnursery.com/news/artinthegarden2018.
• Euchre – 2 to 5 p.m., Morris Moose Lodge 967, 3835 N. State Route 47, Morris. For more information, call 815-942-3545.
• Concerts on the Green – 6:30 to 8 p.m., Breidert Green. downtown Frankfort. For more information, visit www.frankfortcarclub.org.
• Wendy’s Cruisers – 5 to 9 p.m., Wendy’s, Morris. Weather permitting. Antique vehicles. For information, contact Ken at 815-942-2032 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
• Cruisin’ Into Lockport – 6:30 to 8:30 p.m., Central Square, Ninth Street and Hamilton, Lockport. Band: Logical Confusion (rock); Cars: Foreign. For more information, call 815-838-3621, ext. 0.or visit www.lockportpark.org.
• Little Explorers registration deadline – Event is 10 to 11:30 a.m., July 11, Forest Preserve District of Will County’s Four Rivers Environmental Education Center, Channahon. Free play activities. Ages 3 to 5. Register at ReconnectWithNature.org or by calling 815-722-9470.
• Guided Tour of the Galleries – 11 a.m., Joliet Area Historical Museum, 204 N. Ottawa St., Joliet. Half price admission, Light refreshments. For more information, call Jessamyn at 815-723-5201 ext.226 or visit www.jolietmuseum.org.
• Midwest Crossroad Chorus of Sweet Adelines International – 7 p.m., Trinity Christian School, 901 Shorewood Drive, Shorewood. Call 866-588-7464 or visit midwestcrossroad.org.
• Nature Play Day – 10 to 11:30 a.m., Forest Preserve District of Will County’s Plum Creek Nature Center, Beecher. Hands-on activities may include a hike, story, games, music, art. Free. Ages 3 to 5. Registration is not required. For information, visit ReconnectWithNature.org.
• Party in the Park – 6 to 7:30 p.m., Bott Park 24550 W. Renwick Road, Plainfield. Music, games, inflatables and some tasty treats for sale from Kona Ice.
• LEGO Gone Wild registration deadline – Event is 1 to 3 p.m., Messenger Woods Nature Preserve, Hawthorne Grove Shelter, Homer Glen. Ages 6 and older. $3 per person. Registration is required two days before each session. Register at ReconnectWithNature.org or by calling 708-946-2216.
• Inside Out Storytime – 10:30 to 11:15 a.m., Summit Park, Minooka. Ages birth to age 6. Registration is required. To register and for more information, call 815-467-1600 or visit www.trpld.org.
• Toddler Time Stay and Play – 11 to 11:30 a.m., White Oak Public Library District, 121 E. 8th. St., Lockport. For more information, call 815-552-4250 or visit www.whiteoaklibrary.org.
• All About Animals STEAM Lab – 1:30 p.m., Frankfort Public Library, 21119 S Pfeiffer Road, Frankfort. Learn about the shark's food chain, make a magical creature science journal and investigate animal tracks in our wildest STEAM Lab yet. Ages 3 and up. For more information, call 815-469-2423 or visit www.frankfortlibrary.org.
• Cruisin’ Frankfort – 5 to 8 p.m., Kansas & Oak Streets, downtown Frankfort. Classic cars. Visit www.frankfortcarclub.org.
• Parent & Tot Paint Together – 5 to 6 p.m., Dellwood Park Community Center Multi-Purpose Room B, Lockport. Prices are per pair. For more information, call 815-838-3621, ext. 0.or visit www.lockportpark.org.
• “Kick Up Your (W)Heels! – 5:30to 8:30 p.m., Siegel’s Cottonwood Farm, 17250 Weber Road, Crest Hill. $50. Tickets must be purchased in advance. Benefits Center for Disability Services in Joliet. For more information, call 815-729-0162 or email Cathie Stewart at email@example.com or visit www.drcjoliet.org/events/kick.
• Travel Savvy: Tips from Author & Jet Setter Cynthia Clampitt – 6 to 7:30 p.m., White Oak Library District, 20670 Len Kubinski Drive, Crest Hill. For information, call 815-552-4280 or visit www.whiteoak.org.
• Concert on the Hill – 6:30 p.m., Billie Limacher Bicentennial Park & Theatre, 201 W. Jefferson St., Joliet. For information, call 815-724-3760 or visit www.bicentennialpark.org.
• Dave and the Blue Snouts – 7 p.m., Yunker Farm Bandshell, 10824 W. La Porte Road, Mokena. "Beauty and the Beast." For more information, visit www.mokenalibrary.org.
• Kayak Kollege registration deadline – Event is noon to 2:30 p.m., Forest Preserve District of Will County’s Monee Reservoir. Beginner’s course. Ages 12 and up. $50 Equipment provided. Register at ReconnectWithNature.org or by calling 708-534-8499
• Photo Paddle registration deadline – Event is 8 to 11 a.m., Forest Preserve District of Will County’s Monee Reservoir. Naturalists will guide you along Monee Reservoir to find picture-perfect moments. All cameras welcome; re-sealable zipper storage bags provided. Ages 16 and up. $20 per person. Register at ReconnectWithNature.org or by calling 708-534-8499.
• Hester Street Ribbon Cutting – 10 a.m., 802 Liberty St. Unit A. Morris. Hester Street is a Family venue for imaginary play and crafting for all ages. For more information, call 815-999-1794 or visit Hester Street on Facebook.
• Knitting – 3 to 4 p.m., Mokena Public Library, 11327 195th St., Mokena. Meets every Friday in the adult reading room. For more information, call 708-479-9663 or visit mokenalibrary.com.
• DIY Bath Bombs – 4 to 5 p.m., New Lenox Public Library, 120 Veterans Parkway, New Lenox. All supplies provided. Grades seven to 12. Registration required. Call 815-485-2605 or visit www.newlenoxlibrary.org.
• Outdoor Art Series – 4:30 to 5 p.m., Shorewood-Troy Public Library District, 650 Deerwood Drive, Shorewood. Children, all ages. For more information, call 815-725-1715 or visit www.shorewoodtroylibrary.org.
• Lincoln-Way Summer Fest – 6 to 11 p.m., CD & ME, Frankfort. 21 and up. The rain or shine event will feature two live bands: Then Again and Johnny Russler and the Beach Bum Band. Visit www.lincolnwaysummerfest.com.
• Trivia Night – 6:30 to 7:30 p.m. Three Rivers Public Library District, 25207 W Channon Drive, Channahon. Ages 10 to 17. Registration required. For more information, call 815-467-6200 or visit www.trpld.org.
• Great Moments In Vinyl plays tribute to Led Zeppelin’s Physical Graffiti – 7:30 p.m., Joliet Area Historical Museum, 204 N. Ottawa St., Joliet. To register for shows, visit www.jolietmuseum.org or call 815-723- 5201.
• Nature Painting Outdoors for Adults registration deadline – Event is 6:30 to 8:30 p.m., July 20, Forest Preserve District of Will County’s Monee Reservoir. Paint “en plein air." 21 and up. May bring own beverages. $10 per person. Register at ReconnectWithNature.org or by calling 708-946-2216.
• Upcycled Mosaic Workshop registration deadline – Event is 9:30 to 11:30 a.m., July 21, Forest Preserve District of Will County’s Four Rivers Environmental Education Center, Channahon. Bring your old CDs or DVDs to the workshop, and learn how to turn them into a beautiful mosaic. No experience necessary. Free. Ages 15 and up. Register at ReconnectWithNature.org or by calling 815-722-9470.