Walmart hosted a reopening of its newly remodeled Joliet Supercenter, 2424 W. Jefferson St., with a ribbon-cutting ceremony Friday.
The renovation features:
• A pickup tower that functions like a high-tech vending machine, fulfilling online orders in less than a minute;
• A transformed front-end, including an improved self-checkout area;
• A state-of-the-art electronics department with interactive displays;
• Updated fitting rooms in the apparel department; and
• Wider aisles with lower fixtures to improve store flow, line of sight and navigation.
The improvements are part of the retailer’s plan to spend an estimated $56 million in Illinois this year through the remodeling of 16 stores, according to a news release.