• Senior Capstone Exhibition – Through Dec. 17, Lewis University, Brent and Jean Wadsworth Family Gallery, Romeoville. For information, contact Natalie Swain at firstname.lastname@example.org.
• Romeoville Holiday Home Decorating Contest deadline – Any decorated home may be nominated by a resident. Call 815-886-5022 or e-mail email@example.com. Registration ends 5 p.m.
• Joliet American Legion Band concert – 2 to 4 p.m., Dec. 9, Rialto Square Theatre, 102 N. Chicago St., Joliet. Tickets are available between 10 a.m. and 1 p.m. Dec. 7 in the foyer of the Rialto Square Theatre. Admission cost is donation of nonperishable food or paper products. For information, call JALB at 815-263-2021 or contact the Rialto Square Theatre at 815-726-7171 or www.rialtosquare.com.
• Line Dancing: Advanced – 10 to 11:30 a.m.; also Dec. 14, Senior Services of Will County Main Office, 251 N Center St., Joliet. Experienced dancer session. No partner required. Visit willcountyseniors.org/events or call 815-723-9713.
• Morris Watercolor Guild – 1 to 3 p.m.; also Dec. 14, United Methodist Church, 118 W. Jackson St., Morris. Meets Friday afternoons. Monthly workshops. Occasional field trips. New members welcome. Call Kathy Skoza at 815-685-1046.
• Festival of Lights Light Show – The Promenade Bolingbrook, 631 E Boughton Road, Bolingbrook. 250,000 LED lights twinkle, sparkle and dance to more than 20 different holiday songs! The show will play nightly on the hour 5 p.m., 6 p.m., 7 p.m., 8 p.m., and 9 pm. The 60-tree sits in the round-a-bout in the middle of the shopping mall. The last show will be Dec. 31. For more information, visit www.shoppingpromenade.com.
• Winter Wonderland and Hope for the Holidays – 6 to 9 p.m., Edward Hospital Athletic
& Event Center, 55 Phelps Ave., Romeoville. Tree lighting ceremony, food, crafts, moon jumps, DJ, games.. For information, visitwww.romeoville.org.
• Midnight Madness – 8 p.m. to midnight, Downtown Morris. All shops stay open until midnight. True North at 539 Bedford Road in Morris will host the after party until 1 a.m. Shop by flashlight, participate in a scavenger hunt and more. For more information, visit www.shopmorrisil.com.
• "A Christmas Chaos" –7:30 p.m. Dec. 7, Dec. 8, Dec. 14, Dec. 15; and 2:30 p.m. Dec. 9 and Dec. 16, Morris Theatre Guild. 516 W Illinois Ave. Morris. What's the Morris Theatre Guild to do when the Royal Shakespeare Company doesn't show up to perform its stirring rendition of "A Christmas Carol?" Figure out how to put on a show in seven hours with its band of hapless actors and technicians. For tickets, visit www.morristheatreguild.org.
• Breakfast with Santa and the Grinch – 8:30 to 10 a.m. to 11 a.m. to 12:30 p.m., Prairie Bluff Public Golf Club Banquet Room, Lockport. Visit with Santa, make a craft, and listen as Santa reads a story. Bring own camera. To register, call 815-838-3621, ext. 0.or visit www.lockportpark.org.
• Pictures With Santa – 9.a.m. to 3 p.m., Brothers Country Supply. 2403 Sycamore Drive, Morris. Bring your fur babies, your feather babies, and get your pictures taken with Santa. Photo will be available the next morning, download high resolution printable photos. For information, call 815-941-4227.
• Second Time Around Sale – 9 a.m. to 1 p.m., First Presbyterian Church, 805 Western Ave., Joliet. Gently used ornaments, garland, wreaths and trees; nativities, dinnerware, ceramics, Christmas sweaters, outdoor decorations. Benefits Presbyterian Women mission projects. For more information, call 815-727-9259 or visit www.firstpresjoliet.org.
• Pictures with Santa – 10 a.m. to 2 p.m., Mallard Point Veterinary Clinic, 25520 S Pheasant Lane, Channahon. 5. All donations will help support Help Save Pets. For more information, call 815-467-4855 or visit animalcareinfo.com or www.helpsavepets.org.
• Polar Express Christmas Party – 10 a.m. to 2 p.m., Lincoln-Way West cafeteria. Train rides, Santa, activities. $5.
• Santa's Workshop – 10 a.m., Smith Family YMCA, 1350 S. Briggs St., Joliet. Crafts, cookie decorating, letters to Santa, photos with Santa, Yuletide story time. For more information or to register, visit www.jolietymca.org.
• Winter Wonderland – 10 a.m. to 12:30 p.m., Heritage Bluffs Public Golf Club, 24355 W Bluff Road, Channahon. Pet and get a photo with real reindeer. Roving juggler from 10 to 11:30 a.m. Carolers, horse drawn carriage rides, a candy cane scramble at 11 a.m. Kite flying , hot chocolate, decorate sugar cookies, craft. Bring camera. Dress for the weather. All activities take place outside. Visit www.channahonpark.org.
• E-Man Acoustic Musician Christmas Concert – 1 to 2 p.m., Mokena Community Public Library District, 11327 W 195th St, Mokena. Musical influences include Stevie Ray Vaughan, Bob Dylan and Dave Matthews. He is inspired by his daughter Emilia. To register, call 708-479-9663 or visit the events calendar at www.mokenalibrary.org.
• Village Christmas Party – 4:30 to 7 p.m., 121 E McEvilly Road, Minooka. Santa, cocoa, cookies, crafts, music , entertainment. Indoor event. For more information, call 815-467-2151 ext. 3185.
• The Joliet Central Madrigals – 6 p.m. $25 for dinner and a show and $10 for show only. For tickets, call the Joliet Central vocal department is 815-727-6707.
• Holiday Concert – 7 to 10 p.m., River Hawk Brewing, 24735 W. Eames St. Channahon. Featuring Scott of Go Time! and Robinlee Garber will visit acoustic songs of the past as well as some originals. For more information, call Call 815-255-2202 or visit riverhawkbrewing.com or www.robinleegarbermusic.com.
• It's a Wonderful Life" (radio drama) – 7 p.m., Dec. 8, Rialto Square Theatre, 102 N. Chicago St., Joliet. $10. For tickets and information, visit www.RialtoSquare.com or by phone at 800-745-3000.
• Soothing Santa Photos – 8 to 9 a.m., Louis Joliet Mall, 3340 Mall Loop Drive, Joliet. Sensory-friendly event. Register at www.shoppinglouisjolietmall.com.
• "Let There Be Christmas" cantata – 9 and 10:45 a.m., New Lenox United Methodist Church, 339 West Haven Ave., Joliet. Live 24-piece orchestra, liturgical dancers and the Davidsmeier String Ensemble. For more information, call 815-485-8271.
• Cold Was The Stable – 2 p.m., St Patrick’s Catholic Church, Seneca. Carols that reflect on the Holy Family at the stable. The Prairie Singers are a chamber ensemble comprised of singers from Grundy, LaSalle, Kendall, and Livingston counties. For information, call 815-287-9806.
• Carols and Chocolate Concert – 3 p.m., Joliet Junior College, Fine Arts Theatre, K-Building, 1215 Houbolt Road, Joliet. $5 (general public), $4, (seniors, faculty, staff) and $2 (students). The JJC Chorale, conducted by Professor Philip Spencer. Gospel Mass of Robert Ray, with carols for Christmas and Hannukah, a silent film version of "Twas the Night Before Christmas" and audience sing-along. JJC Faculty Jazz Quartet assisting. Free buffet of chocolate treats following. For more information, call 815-280-2223.
• “Sing We Now of Christmas” – 3 p.m., Lincoln-Way East Performing Arts Center on Colorado Ave., Frankfort. Performed by the Lincoln-Way Area Chorale. 96-member chorale. Children’s choir from Fernway Park Elementary School will sing two songs with chorale. $18 or $16 (seniors and students). For tickets and information, call 708-479-1863 or 815-469-1010 or visit www.lwac.com.
• Annual Christmas Concert – 4 p.m., Mount Moriah Baptist Church, 1503 Arthur Ave., Joliet Guest choirs: Brown Chapel A.M.E. Church and Joliet Central High School's New Era Choir.
• Toys for Tots – 4 p.m., River Hawk Brewing, 24735 W. Eames St. Channahon. Family-friendly event. Drop off toys in the collection box and enjoy a $5 pint. Santa in the taproom for photos from 5:30 to 8 p.m. Bring own camera. Happy Belly Chefs will serve dinner and Cathy’s Sweet Creations will host cookie decorating. Call 815-255-2202 or visit riverhawkbrewing.com.
• Woodworking Club – 9 to noon., also 1 to 3 p., Senior Services of Will County Main Office, 251 N. Center St., Joliet. Visit willcountyseniors.org/events or call 815-723-9713.
• Wendy’s Car Club – 6 to 9 p.m., Wendy’s, Morris. Contact Ken at 815-942-2032 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
• “Little Explorers" registration deadline – Event is 10 to 11:30 a.m., Dec. 12, Forest Preserve District of Will County’s Four Rivers Environmental Education Center, Channahon, Nature-themed activities. Age 3 to 5. Register at ReconnectWithNature.org or call 815-722-9470.
• Golden Agers – Noon to 4 p.m., Senior Services of Will County Main Office, 251 N. Center St., Joliet. Play cards and dice. Visit willcountyseniors.org/events or call 815-723-9713.
• Crochet/Knitting Group – 1 to 4 p.m., Senior Services of Will County Main Office, 251 N Center St., Joliet. Visit willcountyseniors.org/events or call 815-723-9713.
• “Creative Holiday Gift Wrapping” – 6 to 8 p.m., White Oak Public Library District, 121 E.
8th St., Lockport. Wrapping supplies provided for two gifts. Bring additional supplies to wrap more gifts. Adults only. Register at www.whiteoaklibrary.org or 815-552-4260.
• Midwest Crossroad Chorus of Sweet Adelines International – 7 p.m., Trinity Christian School, 901 Shorewood Drive, Shorewood. Call 866-588-7464 or visit
• Guitar and Percussion Concert – 7:30 p.m., Joliet Junior College, Fine Arts Theatre, K-Building, 1215 Houbolt Road, Joliet. $5 (general public), $4, (seniors, faculty, staff) and $2 (students). For more information, call 815-280-2223.
• DIY Ornaments – 3:30 to 5:30 p.m., Fountaindale Public Library District, 300 W. Briarcliff Road, Bolingbrook. Grades six to 12. Drop-in. Call 630-759-2102 or visit fountaindale.org.
• Maker Lab Open Shop: Holiday Edition – 4 to 8 p.m., Fountaindale Public Library District, 300 W. Briarcliff Road, Bolingbrook. Create unique embroidery, vinyl, 3D carving, and 3D printed projects for one-of-a-kind gifts. Staff available for guidance. Bring own apparel for embroidery and heat press vinyl projects. Teens and adults. Call 630-759-2102 or visit fountaindale.org.
• Cookie and Dessert Exchange – Noon to 1:30 p.m., Morris YMCA, 320 Wauponsee St. Morris. Bring a batch of your favorite cookies or treats, and the recipe, to share with the Y's Fab 50 group. Award given for “Most Delicious Dessert.” Registration required. Y members free. For information, call 815-513-8080.
• Christopher Robin movie – 4 to 5:45 p.m., Three Rivers Public Library District, 109 Wabena Ave. Minooka. Rate PG. All ages invited. Free. To register, call 815-467-1600 or visit www.trpld.org.
• Winter Youth Show – 5 to 7 p.m., The Exibit Fine Arts Center & Gallery, 315 Bedford Road, Morris. Check out the artwork of children age 5 to 14 years old. Light refreshments. Vote for People’s Choice award. For information, visit www.exibit.org.
• Santa's Workshop – 6 to 8 p.m. Drauden Point Middle School gymnasium, 1911 Drauden Road. Ages 10 or less.$10 for one child and $3 for each additional child. Monetary donations also will be accepted at the door. Benefits Aunt Martha’s Youth Service. Crafts, reindeer food, write a letter to Santa, story, coloring, games, face painting, Santa and Mrs. Claus. Personalized ornaments and snacks will be sold. For more information, contact Amber Simonic at 815-577-4937 or email@example.com.
• An Evening with Santa – 6:30 to 8 p.m., C.W. Avery Family YMCA, 15120 Wallin Drive, Plainfield. Family-friendly. Cookie decorating, bounce houses, letters to Santa, crafts. to register, visit www.jolietymca.org.
• Swimming with Santa – 6:30 to 8:30 p.m., Galowich Family YMCA, 749 Houbolt Road, Joliet. Swimming, cookies, hot cocoa, Santa Claus. Free and open to all. For more information, visit www.jolietymca.org, or contact Kenya Raichart at 815744-3939, ext. 320 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
• Dark Side of the Yule – 7 p.m., Joliet Area Historical Museum, 204 N. Ottawa St., Joliet. Christmas meets classic rock. For tickets and information, call 815-723-5201 or visit www.jolietmuseum.org.
• The Tenors – 8 p.m., Rialto Square Theatre, 102 N. Chicago St., Joliet. Featuring the Tenors. Blend of classical music and contemporary pop, outstanding harmonies. For tickets, call 815-726-7171 or visit www.rialtosquare.com.