• Mayhem Manor Escape Room – By appointment only through May 5, Volz Fieldhouse, Dellwood Park, Lockport. $25 per person, by appointment only. For more information, email email@example.com. Register at Hauntpay.com For more information about the park district, call 815-838-3621, ext. 0.or visit www.lockportpark.org.
• "Spirit of Christmas" – Commercial-free holiday music 24 hours a day from Thanksgiving through Jan. 2. Presented by WCSF 88.7 FM, the student-run radio station at the University of St. Francis. Classics, current hits and children’s songs will be featured. Listeners may call in requests at selected times. Live stream at listen.streamon.fm/wcsf. For information, call 815-740-3697.
• Tune into WLRA-FM for holiday music 24 hours a day, seven days a week, from Thanksgiving Day through Jan. 1. Listeners can tune in via radio at 88.1 FM, online at www.lewisu.edu/wlra, the apps iTunes and Google Play and iHeartRadio. Programming features sacred, traditional, contemporary and new hits Instead of commercials, WLRA will air brief public service announcements about United Way agencies in Will County.
• Winter Break – Dec. 21 through Jan. 5, Fountaindale Public Library District, 300 W. Briarcliff Road, Bolingbrook. Each day will offer a scavenger hunt from 9 a.m. to 5 p.m., a craft or special activity from 1 to 4 p.m. and a Disney movie. Select days will feature additional special events for families to enjoy. All events are free of charge and do not require registration unless otherwise stated. For more information and a complete list of winter break events, visit fountaindale.org/winterbreak or call 630-759-2102 or visit fountaindale.org.
• Painter's Group – 8 a.m. to noon; also Jan. 4, Senior Services of Will County Main Office, 251 N Center St., Joliet. For information, visit willcountyseniors.org/events or 815-723-9713.
• Line Dancing: Advanced – 10 to 11:30 a.m.; also Jan. 4 Senior Services of Will County Main Office, 251 N Center St., Joliet. Experienced dancer session. No partner required. Visit willcountyseniors.org/events or call 815-723-9713.
• Quilting Bee's - 9 a.m. to 4 p.m., Channahon United Methodist Church, 24751 W Eames St., Channahon. For more information, call the church office at 815-467-5275.
• Make N' Take Craft – 11 a.m. to 5 p.m., Three Rivers Public Library District, 109 Wabena Ave. Minooka. Drop-in, Supplies provided. All ages. Registration not required. For information, call 815-467-1600 or visit www.trpld.org.
• Morris Watercolor Guild – 1 to 3 p.m.; also Jan. 4, United Methodist Church, 118 W. Jackson St., Morris. Meets Friday afternoons. Monthly workshops. Occasional field trips. New members welcome. Call Kathy Skoza at 815-685-1046.
• Festival of Lights Light Show – The Promenade Bolingbrook, 631 E Boughton Road, Bolingbrook. 250,000 LED lights twinkle, sparkle and dance to more than 20 different holiday songs! The show will play nightly on the hour 5 p.m., 6 p.m., 7 p.m., 8 p.m., and 9 pm. The 60-tree sits in the round-a-bout in the middle of the shopping mall. The last show will be Dec. 31. For more information, visit www.shoppingpromenade.com.
• “Dating Over 50: Have Fun - Be Safe” – 5:30 to 7:30 p.m., White Oak Library, 201 W. Normantown Road, Romeoville. Six-month series on last Friday of the month. Tips on dating, dating apps and safety tips presented while enjoying a glass of wine (or coffee) and conversation. Group will continue the conversation at a local restaurant following the event. For more information, call 815-552-4247 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
• Jack Byron – 7 to 10 p.m., Greenhorn Saloon & Eatery, 303 Bedford Road, Morris. Enjoy Byron's brand of Americana folk music as he performs with an acoustic guitar, harmonica, and something to say. For information, call 815-513-5671 or visit www.greenhornsaloon.com.
• Ugly Christmas Sweater Murder – 7 to 10 p.m., Hester Street 802 Liberty Street Unit A, Morris $20. Includes character information, snacks, non-alcoholic beverages. Purchase tickets at squareup.com. For information, call 815-513-5470 or visit www.hesterstreetmorris.
• Sew Camp – 10 a.m. to 1 p.m., The Fabric Center, 301 Liberty St. Morris. Make a minky blanket. $24 plus minky fabric and thread. Ages 8 to16. Campers should bring a sew box of notions and a snack or lunch. To register and for information, call 815-942-5715 or visit www.fabriccenteril.com.
• Read with Frog the Dog –10:30 to 10:45 a.m., Three Rivers Public Library District, 109 Wabena Ave., Minooka Sign up for 15 minute slots to read to Frog, a TDI certified therapy dog. For more information, call 815-467-1600 or visit www.trpld.org.
• Lessons and Carols – 5:30 to 6:30 p.m., First Presbyterian Church, 200 E Jackson St. Morris. For information, call 815- 942-1871 or visit firstpresmorris.org.
• After-Noon Celebration – 1 to 4 p.m., Skateland Recreation Center, 25334 W Eames St. Channahon. Skating, epic balloon drop at 3:30 p.m., prizes. $10 at the door. For more information, visit www.channahonpark.org.
• New Year's Eve Family Parties – 3 to 5 p.m. or 6 to 8 p.m., Channahon Lanes, 25306 W Eames St, Channahon. Cost includes bowling, shoes, pizza, soft drinks and party favors. Reservations required. Call 815-467-2026
• Woodworking Club – 1 to 3 p.m., Senior Services of Will County Main Office, 251 N. Center St., Joliet. For information, visit willcountyseniors.org/events or call 815-723-9713.
• C3 Martial Arts Classes – 6 to 7 p.m. Thursdays, and 10 a.m. to noon Saturdays, Judson Memorial Church Campus, 2800 Black Road, Joliet, Christ Centered Combat (C3) is a martial arts, self-defense class for those ages 7 and older. First two classes are free. Call
815-342-3538 or visit www.fbcjoliet.org.
• WriteOn Joliet – 6 to 8:30 p.m., Joliet Public Library, 3395 Black Road, Joliet. College student and local author Ravina Thaakar will discuss how she became a traditionally published fiction author at age 14 while battling cystic fibrosis. Thaankar will have books for sale. The event is free and open to the public. For more information, visit www.writeonjoliet.com.
• Eagle Watch on the River – 9 a.m. Jan. 4 and Jan. 5, Four Rivers Environmental Education Center, 25055 W Walnut Lane, Channahon. Walk, refreshments, informative displays, interactive exhibits and and the PBS film “American Eagle,” shown each day at 10 a.m. and 1 p.m. For information, visit www.reconnectwithnature.org.
• Canasta – 1 to 4 p.m., Coal City Public Library District, 85 N. Garfield St., Coal City. For information, call Kathy Brown at 815-634-4552 ext. 114.
• Fun Fridays – 1 to 3 p.m., Coal City Public Library District, 85 N. Garfield St. Coal City. Kids kindergarten though grade five drop in at 1 p.m. to create a Fibonacci design. Contact Rene Norris at 815-634-4552 ext. 110 or Rene@ccpld.org.
• Open Mic – 7 to 10 p.m., The Exibit Fine Arts Center & Gallery. 315 Bedford Road, Morris. Poets, musicians, spoken word: all welcome. For information, call 815-258-5191 or visit www.exibit.org.