• Royal Trivia – 6 to 7 p.m. White Oak Public Library District, 201 Normantown Road, Romeoville. Teens and adults To register or for more information, contact Cindy Shutts at 815-886-2030 or firstname.lastname@example.org or visit www.whiteoaklibrary.org.
• Teen A/V club – 6:30 to 7:30 p.m. White Oak Public Library District, 20670 Len Kubinski Drive, Crest Hill.Learn techniques for recording video and audio. Grades seven to 12. Contact Nic Mitchel at 815-552-4296 or email@example.com or visit www.whiteoaklibrary.org.
• Golden Agers – Noon to 4 p.m., Senior Services of Will County Main Office, 251 N. Center St., Joliet. Play cards and dice. For information, visit willcountyseniors.org/events or call 815-723-9713.
• Midwest Crossroad Chorus of Sweet Adelines International – 7 p.m., Trinity Christian School, 901 Shorewood Drive, Shorewood. Call 866-588-7464 or visit
• Trivia Night at Doc’s Smokehouse! – 7 to 9 p.m., Doc’s Smokehouse, 19081 Old Lagrange Rd #105, Mokena. Come alone or as a team. To register, call 708-479-9663 or visit the events calendar at www.mokenalibrary.org.
• Meet Author Matt Galik: The 1926 Orland Park Murder Mystery – 7 to 8 p.m., Mokena Public Library, 11327 195th St., Mokena. To register, call 708-479-9663 or visit the events calendar at www.mokenalibrary.org.
• Romeoville Art Society Monthly Meeting – 6:30 to 8:30 p.m., Creative Arts Center at Highpoint, 174 S. Highpoint Dr., Room 109, Romeoville. For more information, email Info@romeovilleartsociety.org or call 224-216-2447.
• Painter's Group – 8 a.m. to noon, Senior Services of Will County Main Office, 251 N Center St., Joliet. For information, visit willcountyseniors.org/events or 815-723-9713.
• Qulting Bee's – 9 a.m. to 4 p.m., Channahon United Methodist Church, 24751 W Eames St. Channahon. Monthly quilting group. For more information, call the church office at 815-467-5275.
• Line Dancing: Advanced – 10 to 11:30 a.m., Senior Services of Will County Main Office, 251 N Center St., Joliet. Experienced dancer session. No partner required. Visit willcountyseniors.org/events or call 815-723-9713.
• Morris Watercolor Guild – 1 to 3 p.m., United Methodist Church, 118 W. Jackson St., Morris. Meets Friday afternoons. Monthly workshops. Occasional field trips. New members welcome. Call Kathy Skoza at 815-685-1046.
• The Friends of the Mokena Library Winter Book Sale – noon to 5 p.m.; also 9:30 am. to 3 p.m., Jan. 26, Mokena Public Library at 11327 W 195th Street in Mokena. Variety of books including audio books, first edition hardcovers, puzzles, games, DVDs, CDs. For more information, call 708 479-9663 or visit “Friends of Library” at www.mokenalibrary.org.
• GMIV Tribute to Jimi Hendrix – 7:30 to 10 p.m., Joliet Area Historical Museum, 204 N. Ottawa St., Joliet. For tickets and information, visit www.jolietmuseum.org or call 815-723-5201.
• Wynonna & The Big Noise – 7:30 p.m., Rialto Square Theatre, 102 N. Chicago St., Joliet. For tickets and information, call 800-745-3000 or visit RialtoSquare.com.
• Book Nook Clearance Sale – 10:30 a.m. to 3:30 p.m.; also 1 p.m. to 3:30 p.m., Jan. 7, White Oak Library District, Crest Hill Branch, 20670 Len Kubinski Dr., Crest Hill. Clear the Book Nook shelves and/or buy a $5 box of approximately 50 mystery paperbacks. Visit whiteoaklibrary.org.
• Bollywood Dance – 1 to 2 p.m., Tree Rivers Public Library District, 109 Wabena Ave. Minooka. Learn the beauty of the Indian dance and Indian music through an interactive workshop from Bolly DanceFit. Registration required. Call 815-467-1600 or visit www.trpld.org.
• WriteOn Joliet co-leader and author Tom Hernandez – 2 to 3 p.m., The Book Market at 2365 Plainfield Road, Crest Hill. Tom will chat and sign copies of his three books. Free and open to the public. A Joliet native, Hernandez is a writer, public speaker, performer and communications professional. Visit www.tomhernandezbooks.com and www.writeonjoliet.com.
• Bunco Party – 6:30 to 10 p.m., Resurrection Lutheran Church, 25050 W Eames St. Channahon. Appetizers, desserts, coffee, lemonade and water provided. $15. Prizes awarded to winners. For more information, email Kathryn Forster at firstname.lastname@example.org or Sue Kratz at email@example.com.
• Preview Show – 6:30 to 8 p.m., Minooka Community High School, central campus, 301 Wabena Ave. Minooka. Come join the Minooka Winterguard and Indoor Percussion in the main gym and have the first opportunity to see the students shows this year for free.
• 25th Annual Rialto Square Theatre Bridal Expo – 11 a.m. to 4 p.m., Rialto Square Theatre, 102 N. Chicago St., Joliet. Over 40 vendors. Panel of wedding experts. $10 (advance) and $12 (at door). For tickets and information, visit RialtoSquare.com.
• Collecting 101 – 2 p.m., Artist Erin Washington will be in discussion with guest curator Gwendolyn Zabicki. Topics: Process, inspiration and materials. Both are featured in our current exhibition, UNTITLED (house) The Diane & Browne Goodwin Collection. Goodwin, whose collection is on view, will also be onsite to take questions and share his experiences of forty plus years of acquiring art. For more information, visit www.visitlockport.com.
• Vortex Open Video Game Play – 3 to 5 p.m., Fountaindale Public Library District, 300 W. Briarcliff Road, Bolingbrook. Call 630-759-2102 or visit fountaindale.org.
• Play Auditions – 6:30 p.m. Jan. 27, Jan. 28, Jan. 29, Morris Theatre Guild, 516 W Illinois Ave. Morris. "Over the River and thru the Woods" is the story about Nick, a single Italian man whose grandparents scheme to keep him around after he's offered his dream job. Call 815-942-1966 or visit www.morristheatreguild.org.
• Amber Brown is Not a Crayon – 10 a.m., Rialto Square Theatre, 102 N. Chicago St., Joliet. A story about patience and forgiveness. $7. For information, rialtosquare.com/schoolmatinees.
• Tween DIY: Decorated Paper – 4:15 to 5:15 p.m.; also Oct. 21, Fountaindale Public Library District, 300 W. Briarcliff Road, Bolingbrook. Grades four to six. Call 630-759-2102 or visit fountaindale.org.