• "Artitude" exhibit – 9 a.m. to 9 p.m. daily until March 22, Lewis University, Wadsworth Family Gallery, Romeoville. Featuring Mary N. Carnahan, Lisa Colleen, Barbara Eberhard, Mary T. Ehrler, Joe Hadamik, Robert Ryan and Michael Veltman. Free and open to the public. Contact Natalie Swain at firstname.lastname@example.org.
• Local Music Monday – 6:30 p.m., Rialto Square Theatre, 102 N. Chicago St., Joliet.Featuring Ava Suppelsa (country and pop) The Brothers Footman, & The Stone City Stragglers. For tickets and information, call 800-745-3000 or visit RialtoSquare.com.
• Young Artists registration deadline – Event is 4:30 to 5:30 p.m., March 11 to April 15, Program Center, 10925 W. La Porte Road, Mokena. Clay, tempera paints, watercolors, abstracts. Ages 8 to 12. Register at 708-390-2401 ormokenapark.com.
• Golden Agers – Noon to 4 p.m., Senior Services of Will County Main Office, 251 N. Center St., Joliet. Play cards and dice. For information, visit willcountyseniors.org/events or call 815-723-9713.
• Midwest Crossroad Chorus of Sweet Adelines International – 7 p.m., Trinity Christian School, 901 Shorewood Drive, Shorewood. Call 866-588-7464 or visit
• DANCEWORK 2019 – 7 p.m.; also Feb. 28, Lockport Township High School, East Campus, 1333 E. Seventh St., Lockport. Presented by LTHS Orchesis. Ballet, jazz, contemporary, lyrical, tap, hip-hop, ethnic dance. Over 60 students. $5. For more information, call Diane Sniegowski at 815-588-8418.
• Ultimate Box Castle – 2 to 3 p.m., Hester Street, 802 Liberty St., Unit A, Morris. Materials provided. All will be crowned king or Queen of the Hester Street Castle. $15. Purchase at squareup.com.
• Teen Writing Group – 4:30 p.m., Morris Area Public Library, 604 Liberty St., Morris
Call 815-942-6880 or visit morrislibrary.com.
• 2019 Great Read Finale – 6:30 p.m., Plainfield Public Library, 15025 S. Illinois Ave., Plainfield. Showing of 1939 movie "Wizard of Oz." Costumes encouraged. Free.2019 Great Read Art Contest winners will be announced and prizes awarded. Refreshments will be available. Books will be given to attendees while supplies last. For more information, visit greatread.org.
• Romeoville Art Society Monthly Meeting – 6:30 to 8:30 p.m., Creative Arts Center at Highpoint, 174 S. Highpoint Dr., Room 109, Romeoville. For more information, contact Info@romeovilleartsociety.org or call 224-216-2447.
• Romeoville Art Society Monthly Community Poetry & Image Competition deadline – Theme is "Voice." For information, email Info@romeovilleartsociety.org or call 224-216-2447.
• Zentangle – 6:30 to 8 p.m., Three Wells Acupuncture Clinic, Inc., 105 E. Main St., Suite 304, Morris. Beginner class taught by certified teacher. No artistic skill required. $25. Call 815-942-2580 or email email@example.com.
• LEGO Life Science registration deadline – Event is 5 to 6 p.m., Thursdays, March 7 to April 18, Program Center, 10925 La Porte Road, Mokena. Build engaging models of creatures from caterpillars to dinosaurs. Explore how the human body stays cool, the amazing life cycle of the butterfly and the Venus Fly -Trap. Ages. 5 to10. Register at 708-390-2401 or mokenapark.com.
• Painter's Group – 8 a.m. to noon, Senior Services of Will County Main Office, 251 N Center St., Joliet. For information, visit willcountyseniors.org/events or 815-723-9713.
• Line Dancing: Advanced – 10 to 11:30 a.m., Senior Services of Will County Main Office, 251 N Center St., Joliet. Experienced dancer session. No partner required. Visit willcountyseniors.org/events or call 815-723-9713.
• Morris Watercolor Guild – 1 to 3 p.m., United Methodist Church, 118 W. Jackson St., Morris. Meets Friday afternoons. Monthly workshops. Occasional field trips. New members welcome. Call Kathy Skoza at 815-685-1046.
• Mardis Gras Fun – 5 to 6 p.m., Three Rivers Public Library District, 109 Wabena Ave., Minooka. Crafts, treats and music. Grades six to 12. Register at 815-467-1600 or visit trpld.org.
• “Mardi Gras Madness” fundraiser – 6 to 10 p.m., Jacob Henry Mansion Victorian Ballroom, 15 S. Richards St., Joliet. Entertainment by Chicago-area jazz vocal group Nova Soul. Photo booth, appetizers, cash bar, wine pull,raffle baskets, split the pot raffle. Prizes for best costume or face design. Casual attire. $30 (advance) or $35 (at door). Benefits Breast Intentions of Illinois. Purchase at breastintentionsil.org. For information, call Lou Ann Peck at 630-254-6031.
• Parents Night Out – 6 to 9 p.m., Smith Family YMCA, 1350 S. Briggs St., Joliet. Ages 2 to 12. To register and for information, visit goo.gl/88SjQG.
• “The Dinner Party" – 7:30 p.m. March 1 and March 2 and 2:30 p.m. March 3, Morris Theatre Guild, 516 W Illinois Ave. Morris. Neil Simon play about five people invited to dine at a first-rate restaurant in Paris. They do not know the identity of the other guests or why they were invited. For tickets and information, call 815-942-1966 or visit morristheatreguild.org.
• Bill Engvall – 8 p.m., Rialto Square Theatre, 102 N. Chicago St., Joliet. Grammy-nominated recording artist and comedian. For tickets and information, call 800-745-3000 or visit RialtoSquare.com.
• Open Mic – 9 p.m., Tully Monster Pub and Grill, 104 Liberty St., Morris. Comedians, bands, solo artists welcome. Call 815-941-5098.
• Too White Crew – 10 p.m., Gippers II Sports Club & Restaurante 8455 E Pine Bluff Road, Coal City. Hip hop party rhythms. Visit toowhitecrew.com.
• "Frida Kahlo's Garden: Upcycled Flowers Craft Workshop" – 10 a.m. to 11:30 a.m., Four Rivers Environmental Center, 25055 W. Walnut Lane in Channahon. This workshop will include projects made from paper, plastic and fabric. Age 8 and up. Free. For information, call 815-722-9470 or visit reconnectwithnature.org.
• Manhattan Township Historical Museum – 10 a.m. to 2 p.m., 255 S. State St., Manhattan. Updated Manhattan Memories book covering over 100 years of photographs and information available. Contact us at ManhattanHistorical@yahoo.com or visit Facebook.com/ManhattanHistoricalSociety.
• Pete the Cat: I’m Reading in My School Shoes – 3 to 5 p.m., Fountaindale Public Library District, 300 W. Briarcliff Road, Bolingbrook. Read a book to us to earn a Pete the Cat prizes. Kindergarten and first grade.Drop-in. For information, call 630-759-2102 or visit fountaindale.org.
• Pete the Cat: I’m Reading in My School Shoes volunteers – 3 to 5 p.m., Fountaindale Public Library District, 300 W. Briarcliff Road, Bolingbrook. Help foster a love of books by listening to young children read. Grades six to 12. To register, call 630.685.4199 or email firstname.lastname@example.org to register. For information, call 630-759-visit fountaindale.org.
• WriteOn Joliet Gothic Book Club – 12:30 to 2 p.m., Book and Bean Cafe, 3395 Black Road, Joliet. Currently reading "Daraga's Quest" by Colleen Robbins. Books available for safe at the cafe. For more information, email email@example.com
• Mo Beat Blues: Mardi Gras Show – 1 to 2 p.m., Mokena Community Public Library District, 11327 W 195th St., Mokena. New Orleans style blues and jazz. Refreshments and party favors. Register at 708-479-9663 or mokenalibrary.org.
• Winterfest 2019 – 6:30 to 10:30 p.m., Minooka Community High School South Campus 26655 W Eames St., Channahon. A musical festival for high school students only. For tickets, visit bandsintown.com.
• IPOP – 7 to 10 p.m., River Hawk Brewing, 24735 W Eames St., Channahon
COST & INFO: Delivering a DJ-style approach to live music-offering Top 40, Motown, classic rock, pop, hip hop, and music from the '70s, '80s and 90s. Call 815-255-2202 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
• Hairball – 7:30 p.m., Rialto Square Theatre, 102 N. Chicago St., Joliet. Homages to rock acts of the 80s. For tickets and information, call 800-745-3000 or visit RialtoSquare.com.
• Daddy Daughter Ball registration deadline – Event is March 16, The Oaks Recreation & Fitness Center, 10847 W. La Porte Road, Mokena. ages 3 to 10 with fathers. Register at 708-390-2401 or mokenapark.com.
• Tennis Play Day registration deadline – Event is 11 a.m. to 12:30 p.m., March 16, The Oaks Recreation & Fitness Center, 10847 La Porte Road, Mokena. Register at 708-390-2401 or mokenapark.com.
• Bridal Expo 2019 – Noon to 3 p.m., Clarion Hotel Joliet Banquet and Convention Center, 411 S Larkin Ave., Joliet. $5 at door.
• “Living History Demonstrations" – Noon to 3 p.m., Forest Preserve District of Will County’s Isle a la Cache Museum. Re-enactors from the museum’s volunteer brigade portray life during the 18th-century French fur trade era. Registration not required. Free, all-ages. For information, visit ReconnectWithNature.org.
• Black History Celebration – 3 to 4:30 p.m., Billie Limacher Bicentennial Park and Theatre, 201 W. Jefferson St., Joliet. For information, visit bicentennialpark.com or call 815-724-3761.
• All By Myself registration deadline – Event is 9:15 to 10:10 a.m., Mondays, March 18 to May 6, Program Center, 10925 La Porte Road, Mokena. Ages 2 to 3. To register, call 708-390-240 or visit www.mokenapark.com.
• “Little Explorers" registration deadline – Event is 10 to 11:30 a.m., March 6, Forest Preserve District of Will County’s Four Rivers Environmental Education Center, Channahon, Nature-themed activities. Geared to ages 3 to 5. Younger children welcome. Register at ReconnectWithNature.org or call 815-722-9470.