• The Troy Middle School S.L.A.M. Club is accepting donations of dog and cat products, such as canned and dry dog, puppy, cat and kitten food (with no red dye); dog and cat treats and toys; cat litter; pet shampoo; blankets and towels; paper towels; and food and supplies for rabbits,hamsters and guinea pigs. Bring supplies to 5800 W. Theodore St., Plainfield, during normal school hours through May 6. The supplies will be donated to the Will County Humane Society when the club visits the facility in the spring.
• Nova Quarter Horse One Day Spring Camp – 9 a.m. to 3 p.m., Nova Quarter Horses in Mokena. Hands-on experience and riding lesson. Bring bag lunch. Ages 7 to 18. Register at 708-390-2401 or visit mokenapark.com.
• Affordable Pet Vaccines: 5 to 8 p.m., Karen’s Grooming and Boarding, 309 Republic Ave., Joliet. For information, call 630-961-8000 or visit www.spayillinois.org.
• Cat adoption – 5 to 7 p.m.; also 1 to 3 p.m., Bolingbrook PetSmart on Weber Road. Call Humane Haven Animal Shelter at 630-378-4208 for information or an appointment. All Humane Haven cats are spayed or neutered, microchipped, FeLV/FIV tested and have their distemper and rabies shots.
• Critters Classes registration deadline – Event is 5:30 to 6:30 p.m. Tuesdays, May 7 through May 28, Program Center, 10925 La Porte Road, Mokena. Classes taught by Crosstown Exotics. Classes features live animals. No open-toed shoes. Ages 6 to 12. For registration and information, call 708-390-2401 or visit www.mokenapark.com.
• Adoption Event – 10 a.m. to 5 p.m., Louis Joliet Mall, 3400 Mall Loop Drive, Joliet. Hopeful Tails will be located in the Live 360 space next to Sears. For information, visit www.hopefultailsanimalrescue.org.
• Frog the Dog Retires –10:30 to 11:30 a.m., Three Rivers Public Library District, 109 Wabena Ave., Minooka. Read to Frog the Dog therapy dog and celebrate his retirement. Call 815-467-1600 or visit trpld.org.
• “Hiking With Your Hound" registration deadline – Event is 5:30 to 6:30 p.m., Forest Preserve District of Will County’s McKinley Woods – Frederick’s Grove, Channahon. Enjoy a guided, colorful wildflower walk in the woods with your pup. The free program is for all ages. Register at ReconnectWithNature.org or call 815-722-9470.
• "Owl Pellet Dissection" registration deadline – Event is 6 to 7 p.m., April 30, Isle a la Cache Museum, 501 E. Romeo Road, Romeoville. Join a naturalist to investigate the connections between owls and their environment. All tools provided. Free. Ages 10 and up. Register at 815-886-1467 or ReconnectWithNature.org.
• Volunteer orientation – 5:30 to 7 p.m., Hopeful Tails Animal Rescue, 2303 Oak Leaf St., Joliet. Come dressed to volunteer for a short training. Wear closed-toe shoes and clothes you don’t mind getting dirty. RSVP at 779-206-2132. For information, visit www.hopefultailsanimalrescue.org.