• Golden Agers – Noon to 4 p.m., Senior Services of Will County Main Office, 251 N. Center St., Joliet. Play cards and dice. Visit willcountyseniors.org/events or call 815-723-9713.
• Midwest Crossroad Chorus of Sweet Adelines International – 7 p.m., Trinity Christian School, 901 Shorewood Drive, Shorewood. Call 866-588-7464 or visit
• White Oak Library District Summer Reading Challenge Begins – Readers all ages. Theme: "Read Under the Stars." Register at whiteoaklibrary.org/Summer-Reading-Challenge or in person at the Crest Hill, Lockport, and Romeoville branch libraries. For more information, contact the branch managers: Amy Byrne at Crest Hill firstname.lastname@example.org, Pat Jarog at Lockport email@example.com, and Beverly Krakovec at Romeoville firstname.lastname@example.org
• WriteOn Joliet "Meet and Greet" – 6 to 8:30 p.m., Joliet Public Library, 150 N. Ottawa Street, Joliet. “Collaboration,” a unique literary exhibit featuring 10 multi-media projects on display. Members' individual works and the group’s three anthologies will also be for sale. Visit writeonjoliet.com.
• Cheryl Rodey – 7 to 10 p.m., Montage Wine Bar & Spirits, 307 Liberty St. Morris. Melodic music and original songs. Visit cherylrodeymusic.com.
• Star Wars: The Force Awakens – 7 p.m., Rialto Square Theatre, 102 N. Chicago St., Joliet. PG-13. $5. Doors will open at 6 p.m. Free free organ concert at 6:30 p.m. Concessions. Tickets at rialtosquare.com or 800-745-3000.
• Summer Concert and Mca Tours – Tours at 7 p.m., Shout Out in concert at 8 p.m., CD&Me, 23320 S. LaGrange Road, Frankfort. Tickets are $7 for the concert. Call 815-469-7315 or visit cdandme.com.
• “Bike and Brake for History" registration deadline – Event is 9 to 11:30 a.m., June 1. Begins at the Gaylord Building in Lockport. Bike along the Illinois & Michigan Canal. 8 miles round trip on crushed limestone trails. Ages 12 and up. Free. Register at ReconnectWithNature.org or call 815-886-1467.
• Father's Day at Hogwarts registration deadline – Event is 6 to 8 p.m., June 13, Yunker Park, 10824 La Porte Road, Mokena. Dads and kids will have a magical night with our Hogwarts professor making potions, playing “Quidditch” and more. We’ll have a delicious “butter beer” and treats. Then we’ll go to our VIP seating at the 8:15 p.m showing of the outdoor movie, Harry Potter & the Sorcerer’s Stone at the Yunker Park Bandshell. Ages 4 to 12. Call 708-390-2401 or visit mokenapark.com.
• "Pedal the Prairie" Bike Ride registration deadline – Event is June 1. Bike checks at 7 a.m. Ride begins 8 a.m., Sugar Creek Administration Center, 17540 W. Laraway Road, Joliet. 28-mile round trip. Visit ReconnectWithNature.org or call 815-727-8700.
• Morris Watercolor Guild – 1 to 3 p.m., United Methodist Church, 118 W. Jackson St., Morris. Meets Friday afternoons. Monthly workshops. Occasional field trips. New members welcome. Call Kathy Skoza at 815-685-1046.
• Bingo – Doors open at 4 p.m. Cards begin at 6 p.m., St. Mary Nativity School, 702 N. Broadway St., Joliet. 18 and up.
• Chi-Town Showdown – 5K Run & Walk, 8 a.m. Kids Dash, approx. 9 a.m. Main Park, 10925 W. La Porte Road, Mokena. USATF-certified 5K course and transponder-timed run and fun walk followed by kids dashes, refreshments, entertainment and an awards ceremony. Split times and markers and water stations. Rain or shine. Portion of proceeds benefit Mokena Community Park District Foundation’s Showdown Scholarship.Call 708-390-2401 or visit mokenapark.com.
• Star Wars Day – Downtown Joliet. Over 200 costumed Star Wars™ characters, games, live music, a vow renewal, movie prop exhibits,. A ticket is required to participate in the vow renewal and can be picked up for free at the Rialto Square Theatre Lobby beginning at 8:30 a.m. Ceremony begins 9:30 a.m. Other activities will kick off at 11 a.m. with a parade of costumed characters and Star Wars-themed vehicles. Exhibitors, authors, all-ages costume contest at 1:15 p.m., Jedi Training Academy, food vendors. Visit jolietlibrary.org or call 815-740-2660.
• Cabin Festival – 10 a.m. to 3 p.m., Goose Lake Prairie State Natural Area, Morris
Learn about life living in a cabin in the middle of Northern Illinois in the 1830. Interpreters will demonstrate crafts and give tours Cragg Cabin. Visit gooselakeprairie.org.
• Shorewood Show and Shine Car Show – 10 a.m. to 3 p.m., Cene's Four Season's Park, 25520 West Seil Road, Shorewood. Got a classic, modified, truck or stock car you would like to show? Or just come to observe. Vehicle registration day of show, first come, first serve. Music and food. No alcohol or pets allowed.
• Opening Day – Noon to 5 p.m., Tomahawk Aquatic Center, 24868 W Eames St., Channahon. For information on rates, visit channahonpark.org.
• Tattoo City's 25th Anniversary Client Appreciation Party – Noon to 8 p.m., Tattoo City Skin Art Studio, 1601 S State St. Lockport. Food, beverages, raffles, goody bags.
• The Acousticles – 2 to 6 p.m., Horns & Halos Saloon at The Big Basin Marina, 24045 W. Front St, Channahon. Music of Crosby Stills & Nash, The Eagles, Lifehouse, Tonic, Doobie Bros, Vertical Horizon, Train, Supertramp, America, Todd, E.L.P., Collective Soul, Peter Gabriel. Visit theacousticles.com.
• Criss Angel RAW – The Mindfreak Unplugged – 7 p.m., Rialto Square Theatre, 102 N. Chicago St., Joliet. Criss Angel is the most influential and imitated magician of the modern era. Tickets at rialtosquare.com or 800-745-3000.
• Shorewood-Troy Public Library District’s summer reading program begins – For more information on the 2019 Summer Read, call Shalyn Rodriguez at 815-725-4368, or visit shorewoodtroylibrary.org.