• Joliet Public Library’s summer reading program – Through July 27. Theme: It’s Showtime! Fun and educational programs, reading challenges, weekly prize drawings. Visit jolietlibrary.org.
• Woodworking Club – 9 to noon., also 1 to 3 p.m.; also Thursdays and June 17, Senior Services of Will County Main Office, 251 N. Center St., Joliet. For information, visit willcountyseniors.org/events or call 815-723-9713.
• Line Dancing: Advanced – 10 to 11:30 a.m.; also Fridays and June 17, Senior Services of Will County Main Office, 251 N Center St., Joliet. No partner required. Visit willcountyseniors.org/events or call 815-723-9713.
• Golden Agers – Noon to 4 p.m., Senior Services of Will County Main Office, 251 N. Center St., Joliet. Play cards and dice. Visit willcountyseniors.org/events or call 815-723-9713.
• Midwest Crossroad Chorus of Sweet Adelines International – 7 p.m., Trinity Christian School, 901 Shorewood Drive, Shorewood. Call 866-588-7464 or visit
• Movies on the Green – 8 to 10:30 p.m., Downtown Frankfort. Free popcorn. For movie listings, visit villageoffrankfort.com/calendar.
• Nature Play Day– 10 to 11:30 a.m., Forest Preserve District of Will County’s Plum Creek Nature Center, 27064 S. Dutton Road, Beecher. Free. Ages 3 to 5 with parent. Visit ReconnectWithNature.org.
• Kids Game Night – 6:30 to 7:30 p.m., Channahon United Methodist Church, 24751 W. Eames, Channahon. Preschool through fifth grade. Call 815-467-5275 or visit channahonumc.org.
• “LEGO Gone Wild” registration deadline – Event is 1 to 3 p.m. Friday, June 14, Plum Creek Nature Center, Crete. Explore hidden habitats in the preserve with binoculars, bug boxes, insect nets and then recreate with LEGO bricks. Free. Ages 6 and up. Register at ReconnectWithNature.org or call 708-946-2216.
• Summer Fest – Through June 15, Minooka. Visitminookalionsclub.com.
• Old Canal Days – Through June 16, Lockport. Visit oldcanaldays.com.
• Movie Day – 3 to 5 p.m., Coal City Public Library, 85 N. Garfield St. Coal City. Featuring "Wall E." Children under 8 must be accompanied by an adult. Popcorn and lemonade served. Contact Rene Norris at 815-634-4552 ext. 110 or
Rene@ccpld.org or visit ccpld.org.
• Cruisin’ Frankfort – 5 to 8 p.m., Kansas & Oak Streets, downtown Frankfort. Classic cars. Visit frankfortcarclub.org.
• 7th Heaven – 6:30 to 9 p.m., Romeoville Toyota Pavilion, Deer Crossing Park, 1050 W. Romeo Road, Romeoville. Concert with car/bike show. Concessions provided by Fat Ricky’s. Visit romeoville.org.
• Concert on the Hill – 6:30 p.m., Billie Limacher Bicentennial Park & Theatre, 201 W. Jefferson St., Joliet. Featuring Vocalist Jim Chuporak, "Spamalot" musical review and the Del Bergeson Orchestra. Call 815-724-3760 or visit bicentennialpark.org.
• Johnny Russler & The Beach Bum Band – 7 p.m., Settlers’ Park at the Richard A. Rock Amphitheater, Lockport Street and Van Dyke Road, Plainfield. Visit plainfield-il.org or call the Settlers’ Park Event Hotline at 815-609-6124. Also visit beachbumband.com.
• "Harry Potter and the Sorcerer's Stone – 8:15 p.m., 10824 W. La Porte Road, Mokena. Terraced lawn seating is available or bring lawn chairs or blankets. Call 708-390-2401 or visitmokenapark.com.
• “Take Me Fishing" – 6 a.m.-7 p.m., June 14 through June 16, Monee Reservoir. Sample the angling action during three free fishing days sponsored by the Illinois Department of Natural Resources. Fishing licenses aren’t required during this all-ages program. Visit reconnectwithnature.org.
• Fridays on the Green – 10 to 11 a.m., Downtown Frankfort. Entertainment for kids. Visit villageoffrankfort.com/calendar.
• Tots Jam Sessions – 11 to 11:30 a.m., Three Rivers Public Library District, 109 Wabena Ave. Minooka. Family friendly tunes. Tambourines, drums, shakers and other noise makers. Open playtime follows. Ages 0 to 6. Register at 815-467-1600 or visit trpld.org.
• Lawn Games at the Library! – Noon to 1 p.m., Mokena Community Public Library District, 11327 W 195th St, Mokena. Grades one to three with siblings. Register at 708-479-9663 or visit mokenalibrary.org.
• The Pied Piper – 2 to 3 p.m., Three Rivers Public Library District, 25207 W Channon Drive,Channahon. Performance by the Joliet Junior College Children's Theatre. All ages. Register at 815-467-6200 or trpld.org.
• “Spamalot!” – June 14 to June 16 and June 21 to June 23, Billie Limacher Bicentennial Park and Theatre, 201 W. Jefferson St., Joliet. 7 p.m. Fridays and Saturdays; 2 p.m. Sundays. Call 815-724-3761 and visit bicentenialpark.org.
• Get Hooked on Frankfort Fishing Derby – 8 to 11 a.m., Prairie Park, Kansas and White Streets, Frankfort. Visit villageoffrankfort.com/calendar.
• Busy Beaver Craft Club – 10 a.m. to 4 p.m., Forest Preserve District of Will County’s Isle a la Cache Museum, 501 E. Romeo Road, Romeoville. Free. Ages 12 and under. Registration not required. For information, visit ReconnectWithNature.org.
• "Arts & Nature on the River" – Noon to 4 p.m., Four Rivers Environmental Education Center, 25055 W. Walnut Lane, McKinley Woods – Kerry Sheridan Grove. Informal venues and galleries will be sprinkled throughout the setting. Free. Visit ReconnectWithNature.org.
• Design Your Own T-shirt – Noon to 3 p.m., Mokena Community Public Library District, 11327 W 195th St, Mokena. Use Cricut machine to create vinyl designs. Grades nine through 12. Register at 708-479-9663 or visit mokenalibrary.org.
• Rock and Rolled – 1 to 3 p.m., Lockport Gallery, Lockport. Presenter: Artist and published illustrator, Erika Iris. Bring used cassette tapes and make a drawing with her. Family-friendly. Free. Visit illinoisstatemuseum.org and iri5.com.
• Midnight Madness – 7 p.m. to midnight, Monee Reservoir. Fishing fun. Concessions. Free. All-ages. Visit ReconnectWithNature.org.
• Father's Day Swim – 11 a.m. to 7 p.m., Ottawa Street Pool, Plainfield. Dad or granddad gets in free with one paid admission
• Drox Live – 2 to 6 p.m., Horns & Halos Saloon at The Big Basin Marina, 24045 W. Front St, Channahon. Genres that range from pop to blues to country to classic rock. Visit D-ROX Acoustix on Facebook.
• Mojo Junkies – 2 to 6 p.m., Gippers II Sports Club & Restaurante, 8455 E Pine Bluff Road, Coal City. Rock music. Visit mojojunkies.net.
• Concerts on the Green – 6:30 to 8 p.m., Breidert Green. downtown Frankfort. Free. Visit frankfortcarclub.org.