• Wooftastic Reading with Dusty – 10 to 11 a.m.; also June 24; and 1 p.m., June 20, , Morris Area Public Library, 604 Liberty St., Morris. Call 815-942-6880 or visit morrislibrary.com.
• Affordable pet vaccines – 5 to 8 p.m., 2 Paws 4 U Pet Bakery, 1736 Essington Road, Suite C, Joliet. No appointment necessary. For information, visit www.spayillinois.org.
• Volunteer orientation – 5:30 to 7 p.m., Hopeful Tails Animal Rescue, 2303 Oak Leaf St., Joliet. Come dressed to volunteer for a short training. Wear closed-toe shoes and clothes you don’t mind getting dirty. RSVP at 779-206-2132. For information, visit hopefultailsanimalrescue.org.
• Adoption Event – 4 to 7 p.m., Joliet Public Library, 3395 Black Road, Joliet. Adoptable cats from Joliet Township Animal Control. Call 815-846-6500 or visit jolietlibrary.org or call 815-725-0333 or visit joliettownshipanimalcontrol.net.
• Cat adoption – 5 to 7 p.m.; also 1 to 3 p.m., Sunday, Bolingbrook PetSmart on Weber Road. Call Humane Haven Animal Shelter at 630-378-4208 for information or an appointment. All Humane Haven cats are spayed or neutered, microchipped, FeLV/FIV tested and have their distemper and rabies shots.
• Hamburgerseria Fundraiser Event – 11 a.m. to 9 p.m., Hamburgerseria 1015 Essington Road, Joliet. Proceeds benefit Hopeful Tails Animal Rescue in Joliet. Mention the rescue when ordering. For information, visit hopefultailsanimalrescue.org.
• Wild Times Exotics: Animal Show – 2 to 2:45 p.m., Central Park Pavilion, 201 Recreation Drive, Bolingbrook. Learn about a variety of exotic animals like the fennec fox, coatimundi, prairie dog, guinea pig, snakes. All ages; preschoolers with an adult. Visit fountaindale.org.
• Horses & Pollinators! – 7 p.m., Beggar’s Pizza, 650 West Maple Street, New Lenox. Midewin National Tallgrass Prairie staff will provide an overview of Midewin, focusing on pollinators and the benefits of horseback riding on the 30 miles of trails at Midewin. Visit willcountytrailriders.com.
• Bingo Fundraiser for Gumdrop – 7 p.m., Hopeful Tails Animal Rescue, 2303 Oak Leaf Street, Joliet. $25. Includes food and one Bingo card per game for five games. Proceeds toward surgery to correct entropion (painful condition in which the eyelids roll inward, allowing the eyelashes to rub against the cornea) in a Hopeful Tails alum. Register at email@example.com to register
• “Lake Renwick Bird Viewing" – 8 a.m. to noon, Forest Preserve District of Will County’s, Lake Renwick Heron Rookery Nature Preserve, Plainfield. Bring own binoculars. Free. All ages. Visit ReconnectWithNature.org.
• Birds of Midewin Tour – 8:30 to 10:30 a.m., Midewin Welcome Center, Wilmington. Binoculars are encouraged. RSVP at 815-423-6370.
• Low Cost Shot Clinic – 10 a.m. to noon, Hopeful Tails Animal Rescue,
2303 Oak Leaf Street, Joliet. Walk-ins only if available. Schedule appointments at Hopefultails.ShotClinic@gmail.com. For information, visit hopefultailsanimalrescue.org or call 779-206-2132.
• Bath Fundraiser – 1 to 4 p.m., Hopeful Tails Animal Rescue, 2303 Oak Leaf St., Joliet. For prices and information, visit the rescue on Facebook or visit www.hopefultailsanimalrescue.org.
• Nature Hike – 11 a.m., Midewin National Tallgrass Prairie, Wilmington. Meet at Ranger Trailer at the Iron Bridge Trailhead. Guided hike to look for pollinators. Volunteers will provide information at the Ranger Trailer from 10 a.m. to 3 p.m. Visit Pollinator.org/pollinator-week.
• Pet Adoption Day- Barid & Warner – Noon, 11914 S. Route 59 #100, Plainfield. Adoptable pets from Will County Animal Control. Call the Will County Humane Society at 815-741-0695 or visit willcountyhumane.com.