• Free Veterans Breakfast – 7 to 8:30 a.m., Roadhouse Restaurant and Pub, 525 S. State St., Manhattan. Sponsored by Kevin Molloy State Farm Agency at 815-463-5800 and The Roadhouse Restaurant and Pub at 815-478-7820.
• Kona Shaved Ice Truck – 11 a.m. to 1 p.m.; also July 15, Plainfield Public Library District. 15025 S. Illinois St., Plainfield. Portion of proceeds donated to library. Call 815-436-6639 or visit plainfieldpubliclibrary.org.
• Nutrition Lunch – 11:30 a.m. to 12:30 p.m.; also July 8, Senior Services of Will County Main Office, 251 N. Center St., Joliet. Nutrition lunch program provided by Meals on Wheels Nutrition Department of Will County. Available every Monday. For information, visit willcountyseniors.org/events or call 815-723-9713.
• Lunch Bunch – Noon to 1 p.m., also July 15 and Wednesdays, Joliet Public Library, 150 N. Ottawa St., Joliet. Kids under 18. Call 815-740-2660 or visit jolietlibrary.org.
• Summer Meals for Kids and Teens – 12:20 to 1 p.m., weekdays, Fountaindale Public Library, outside front entrance, 300 W. Briarcliff Road, Bolingbrook. Valley View School District Nutrition Services is giving free meals to children ages 18 and younger. Food must be consumed on site. Drop-in. For more information, call 866-348-6497 or visit vvsd.org/food.
• Summer Meals - Mobile Food Bus – 12:30 to 1 p.m., weekdays, White Oak Public Library District, 201 Normantown Road, Romeoville. Free combo lunch to ages 18 or younger. Due to federal regulations, no food or beverage may be taken off site. Contact Beverly Krakovec at 815-552-4225 or email@example.com or visit whiteoaklibrary.org
• Cooking Class – 1 p.m. (sixth to eighth grade) and 2:30 p.m. (grades nine through 12), Coal City Public Library District, 85 N. Garfield St., Coal City. Pizza pita sandwiches and homemade potato chips. $1. Contact Danielle Diamond at 815-634-4552 ext. 113 or Danielle@ccpld.orgor visit ccpld.org.
• Northern Illinois Food Bank Mobile Pantry – 4 to 6 p.m., White Oak Library District, 201 Normantown Road, Romeoville. Visit solvehungertoday.org.
• Bison & Bourbon Pairing – 6 to 8 p.m., Ted's Montana Grill, 623 East Boughton St., Suite 110, Bolingbrook. Five courses. $55. To reserve, call 630-783-2493
• Books and Beer – 6:30 to 8 p.m., White Oak Library District, 201 Normantown Road, Romeoville. Featured book: "The Dinner' by Herman Koch. Adults. Visit whiteoakliibrary.org.
• Cooking with Chef Maddox – 7 to 8:30 p.m., Fountaindale Public Library, 300 W. Briarcliff Road, Bolingbrook. Learn to make summer pies, tarts and crisps. Recipes and samples provided. Call 630-759-2102 or visit fountaindale.org.
• The Promenade Bolingbrook Street Market – 4 to 9 p.m., The Promenade, 631 E. Boughton Road, Bolingbrook. Fresh fruits and vegetables and eclectic mix of decorative objects, art, jewelry, fashion and more. Grab and go food and drink also available for purchase. The street market has also expanded onto Hemingway Trail, located between Barnes & Nobles and Francesca's restaurant.
• Fish Fry – 10 a.m. to 8 p.m., Stone City VFW Post 2199, 124 Stone City Drive, Joliet.
• Northern Illinois Food Bank Mobile Pantry – 10:30 a.m. to 12:30 p.m., Spanish Community Center, 309 Eastern Ave., Joliet. Visit solvehungertoday.org.
• Fish Fry – 11 a.m. to 9 p.m.; also 4 to 8 p.m. Saturdays, Knights of Columbus Council 4400, 1813 E. Cass St., Joliet. Fish, chicken and shrimp. Carryout. Call 815-723-3827.
• Fish Fry – 4 to 7:30 p.m., Cantigny VFW Post 367, 826 Horseshoe Drive, Joliet. Call 815-722-5398.
• Pork Chop and Chicken Dinner – 4 to 7 p.m., Croatian Cultural Club, 1503 Clement St., Joliet. Pork chops or chicken dinner with mashed potatoes and gravy, coleslaw, bread and butter. Desserts available. Music starts at 7:30 p.m. Carryout available. Call 815-723-3154.
• Fish Fry – 5 p.m., Harry E. Anderson VFW Post 9545, 323 Old Hickory Road, New Lenox. Call 815-485-8369 or visit vfwpost9545.org.
• Food Truck Friday — 5 to 7:30 p.m., Hickory Creek Preserve – LaPorte Road Access, Mokena. Featuring Smokin Z BBQ, Burritoville, Cookies With Flavor. For information, visit ReconnectWithNature.org.
• Frankfort Country Market – 9 a.m. to 2 p.m., Kansas and Oak streets, Frankfort. variety of fresh produce, prepared foods, plants and specialty products locally grown. Special events and demos throughout the season.Visit www.villageoffrankfort.com.
• Croatian Festival – 10 a.m., Croatian Cultural Club, 1503 Clement St., Joliet. 10 a.m., Croatian Cultural Club, 1503 Clement St., Joliet. Lamb, cevaps, beef sandwiches, hot dogs available at noon. Baked goods including potiva and strudel. SINOVI of Chicago playing at noon. Free admission. For more information, call 815-886-6021.
• Northern Illinois Food Bank Mobile Pantry – 4 to 6 p.m., St. Lawrence Catholic Church,135 E. Rice Road, South Wilmington. Visit solvehungertoday.org.