• Home Run Inn Fundraising Day – 11 a.m. to 9:30 p.m., Home Run Inn Pizza, 1280 W Boughton Road, Bolingbrook. Dine-in or carryout. Mention Hopeful Tails and 20% is donated back to the rescue. Visit this event on Facebook.
• Affordable pet vaccines – 5 to 8 p.m., 2 Paws 4 U Pet Bakery, 1736 Essington Road, Suite C, Joliet. No appointment necessary. For information, visitwww.spayillinois.org.
• Prairie Picassos – 11 a.m., Midewin National Tallgrass Prairie, Iron Bridge Trailhead, Wilmington. Draw a bison. Ages 6 to 12. Call 815-423-6370.
• Croaking Around – 10 a.m. to noon, Midewin National Tallgrass Prairie, Iron Bridge Trailhead, Wilmington. Toad or frog? Learn to identify who is who using live animals. Ages 5 to 12. Call 815-423-6370.
• Cat adoption – 5 to 7 p.m.; also 1 to 3 p.m., Sunday, Bolingbrook PetSmart on Weber Road. Call Humane Haven Animal Shelter at 630-378-4208 for information or an appointment. All Humane Haven cats are spayed or neutered, microchipped, FeLV/FIV tested and have their distemper and rabies shots.
• Volunteer Orientation – 6 to 7 p.m., Joliet Township Animal Control, 2807 McDonough St., Joliet. For new volunteers. Paperwork, tour of facility, policies and safety procedures, Q&A. Ages 16 and up. For information, call 815-725-0333 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
• Bingo for Matilda registration deadline – Event is 6 to 9 p.m., July 10, Beggars Pizza, 650 Maple St., New Lenox. Benefits a dog with cancer. Register at nawsus.org.
• The Bison Project – 10 a.m. to noon, Midewin National Tallgrass Prairie, Iron Bridge Trailhead, Wilmington. See and touch a real bison pelt, skull, horn cap and more. Create history-based bison art. Ages 6 to 12. Call 815-423-6370.
• Veterinary Medical Technology Information Session – 11 a.m. to noon, Joliet Junior College, B-1018, 1215 Houbolt Road, Joliet. Learn how to become a certified veterinary technician. Contact Melissa Chase at 815-280-2662 email@example.com.
• Wooftastic Reading with Dusty – 1 p.m.; also 10 to 11 a.m., July 22, Morris Area Public Library, 604 Liberty St., Morris. Call 815-942-6880 or visit morrislibrary.com.
• Pet Parade Promenade Bolingbrook Street Market – 5 to 7 p.m., The Promenade, Bolingbrook. Parade, vendor show. Benefits West Suburban Humane Society. To register for the parade, visit bit.ly/2F6K8ag.
• “Lake Renwick Bird Viewing" – 8 a.m. to noon, Forest Preserve District of Will County’s, Lake Renwick Heron Rookery Nature Preserve, Plainfield. Bring own binoculars. Free. All ages.
• Pet Blessing – 10 a.m., under Minooka Water Tower on Ridge. Road between Prairie Ridge Drive and Misty Creek Drive, Minooka. All pets welcome. Humans and pets will be blessed and will receive a take-home treat. Rain location at Minooka United Methodist Church, 306 Massasoit St. (annex behind the church). Call 815 467-2322 or visit minookaumc.com.
• Hopeful Tails at the 2019 Subaru Tecnica International Subiefest Midwest – 11 a.m. to 5 p.m., Route 66 Raceway 3200 S Chicago St, Joliet. For information about adopting a dog, email firstname.lastname@example.org.
• Volunteer orientation – 5:30 to 7 p.m., Hopeful Tails Animal Rescue, 2303 Oak Leaf St., Joliet. Come dressed to volunteer for a short training. Wear closed-toe shoes and clothes you don’t mind getting dirty. RSVP at 779-206-2132. For information, visit www.hopefultailsanimalrescue.org.