• Eat wings raise funds! – 11 a.m., Buffalo Wild Wings,11820 Illinois Route 59, Plainfield. 15% of receipt donated to Will County Humane Society.
• Nutrition Lunch – 11:30 a.m. to 12:30 p.m.; also Sept. 16, Senior Services of Will County Main Office, 251 N. Center St., Joliet. Nutrition lunch program provided by Meals on Wheels Nutrition Department of Will County. Available every Monday. For information, visit willcountyseniors.org/events or call 815-723-9713.
• West Suburban Community Mobile Pantry Visit – 4 to 6 p.m., White Oak Library District, 201 Normantown Road, Romeoville. Bring own bags and boxes. Visitwhiteoaklibrary.orgor contact Beverly Krakovec at 815-552-4225 or firstname.lastname@example.org
• Dining A La Downton – 6:30 to 8 p.m., Plainfield Public Library District, 15025 S. Illinois St. Plainfield. Travel back to the 1920s to experience life above and below the stairs of an English-style manor house. Historical portrayal actor Ellie Carlson portrays Mrs. Eaton, head cook and housekeeper. Tasting includes tea and cookies. Call 815-436-6639 or visit plainfieldpubliclibrary.org.
• Tuesdays on Talcott: Lemont Farmers Market – 8 a.m. to 1 p.m., Stephen Street and Talcott Avenue
• Books and Beer Book Discussion – 6:30 to 8 p.m., White Oak Public Library, 201 W. Normantown Road, Romeoville. Featured: "Salt to the Sea" by Ruta Sepetys. Contact Gayle Szpytek at 815-552-4230 or email@example.com or visit whiteoaklibrary.org. , Lemont.
• “Wild Edibles” registration deadline – Event is 6:30 to 7:30 p.m., Sept. 12, Isle a la Cache Museum, Romeoville. Discover the bounty the land has to offer on a walk along Isle a la Cache’s trails. Try tasty flower petals, crushed crawlies and more! Free; ages 6 or older. Register at ReconnectWithNature.org or call 815-886-1467.
• The Promenade Bolingbrook Street Market – 4 to 9 p.m., The Promenade, 631 E. Boughton Road, Bolingbrook. Fresh fruits and vegetables and eclectic mix of decorative objects, art, jewelry, fashion and more. Grab and go food and drink also available for purchase. The street market has also expanded onto Hemingway Trail, located between Barnes & Nobles and Francesca's restaurant.
• The Great Oreo TasteOff – 5 to 6 p.m., Fountaindale Public Library, 300 W. Briarcliff Road, Bolingbrook. Grades six to 12. Call 630-759-2102 or visit fountaindale.org.
• Fish Fry – 11 a.m. to 9 p.m.; also 4 to 8 p.m. Saturdays, Knights of Columbus Council 4400, 1813 E. Cass St., Joliet. Fish, chicken and shrimp. Carryout. Call 815-723-3827.
• Flan-tastic Festival – 11 a.m. to 8 p.m.; also Sept. 14, Chévere Latin Café, 81 N. Chicago St., Joliet. Try many different kinds of flancakes and exotic desserts made by Teresa's Delights.
• Fish Fry – 5 p.m., Harry E. Anderson VFW Post 9545, 323 Old Hickory Road, New Lenox. Call 815-485-8369 or visit vfwpost9545.org.
• Grumpy Gaucho food truck – 11 a.m. to 1 p.m., Plainfield Public Library District, 15025 S. Illinois St. Plainfield. Call 815-436-6639 or visit plainfieldpubliclibrary.org.
• Roast Pork Dinner and Concert – Dinner is 5 to 7 p.m. Ravnica from Osijek, Croatia will play at 7:30 p.m., Croatian Cultural Club, 1503 Clement St., Joliet. $15. Call 815-723-3154.
• Frankfort Country Market – 9 a.m. to 2 p.m., Kansas and Oak streets, Frankfort. variety of fresh produce, prepared foods, plants and specialty products locally grown. Special events and demos throughout the season.Visit www.villageoffrankfort.com.