• Mary Margaret’s Rosary Group – 4 p.m., St. Mary Nativity Church, 706 N. Broadway St., Joliet. Call 815-726-4031.
• St. Mary Nativity Parish Holy Hour – 6:30 to 7:30 p.m., nightly through Sept. 13, Sept 8-13, SMN, 706 N. Broadway, Joliet. Confessions, preached meditation. Theme: "Holy Mary, Cause of Our Joy." Call 815-726-4031
• Bible Study – 9:30 a.m., St. Mary Nativity Church, Nativity Room, 706 N. Broadway St., Joliet. Call 815-726-4031
• Celebrate Recovery – 6 p.m., Restoration Christian Church, 114 Channahon St., Shorewood. Bible-based teachings and music. Men and women in separate groups. Free and open to the public. For information, call Mike Vollmer at 815-545-6522 or visit rccnow.org.
• Families United Overcoming Addiction-Substance Use Disorders – 7 to 8:30 p.m., Community Christian Church, 24035 Riverwalk Court, Plainfield. For more information, email Sheree Stilwell at firstname.lastname@example.org.
• Circle of Love – 9 a.m. to noon, First United Methodist Church, 1000 S. Washington, Lockport. Provides diapers and feminine hygiene products which cannot be purchased through the government assistance program. For more information, call 815-838-1017 or visit www.1umclockport.org.
• Prayer Lunch – noon, Joliet Franciscan Center, 1433 Essington Road in Joliet. Men and women. Light lunch. Suggested $10 donation. Speaker: Jo Giarrante spiritual directer and life coach and life coach. Topci: "Fear: It’s Truth and It’s Lie.” Contact Nan Nagl at: 815-725-8735, ext. 116 or email@example.com.
• Kidz Club – 6:30 to 7:30 p.m., Wednesdays, Channahon United Methodist Church, 24751 W. Eames, Channahon. Preschool to fourth grade. Bible lesson, crafts, games. Light snack. For information call 815-467-5275 or visit www.channahonumc.org.
• Youth Small Group Ministry – 6 to 7:30 p.m., Wednesdays, Channahon United Methodist Church, 24751 W. Eames, Channahon. Grades five through 12. Bible discussion, group activities. For information, call 815-467-5275 or visit www.channahonumc.org
• Alpha Dinner Event – 6 p.m., Pathway Church, 19554 N.W. Frontage Road, Shorewood
Join us for a great meal and conversation with others who are exploring life and faith; no strings attached. If you come, we won’t call you after, write, or ask you to pick up the check—the ball is completely in your court. Alpha is a chance to explore life and the Christian faith in a friendly, open and informal environment. Visit pathwayshorewood.com/alpha.
• Pray with the Franciscan Friars – 8 a.m. (morning prayer) and 5:30 p.m. (evening prayer) Monday through Friday, St. John the Baptist friary, Joliet. For information, call Brother Ed at 217-316-4335.
• Lunch and Learn – Noon to 1:30 p.m., Joliet Jewish Congregation, 250 N. Midland Ave., Joliet. Torah study. $5. RSVP at 815-741-4600. Visit jolietjewishcongregation.com.
• “The Center – 6:30 to 9 p.m., First Presbyterian Church, 805 Western Ave., Joliet. Free food, games and hang time for teens. Call or text 815-474-2569, email firstname.lastname@example.org or visit thecenterjoliet.org or Facebook.com/thecenterjoliet.
• Family night – 6:45 to 8 p.m., Crystal Lawns Church of the Nazarene, 2424 Caton Farm Road, Joliet. For information, call 815-436-3380.
• Exaltation of the Holy Cross Rosary Walk – 10 a.m., Holy Cross Cemetery, Caton Farm Road and Theodore St., Joliet. Call Joyce at 815-641-6197.
• Sorrowful Mother Novena – 6 p.m. St. Mary Nativity Church, 706 N. Broadway St., Joliet .
Call 815-726-4031 .
• Shabbat Services – 7 p.m., Joliet Jewish Congregation, 250 N. Midland Ave., Joliet. Call 815-741-4600 or visit jolietjewishcongregation.com.
• Co-Dependents Anonymous – 8 to 9:30 a.m., Channahon United Methodist Church, 24751 W. Eames St., Channahon. 12-step program for healthy relationships. Call Nancy at 708-912-3056.
• Shabbat Services – 9:30 a.m., Joliet Jewish Congregation, 250 N. Midland Ave., Joliet. Call 815-741-4600 or visit jolietjewishcongregation.com.
• Holy Cross Holy Hour – 5 to 6 p.m., Holy Cross Church, 830 Elizabeth St., Joliet. Confessions, meditation. Theme: "Holy Mary, Cause of Our Joy." Call 815-725-4031.
• Saturday Evening Worship – 5 p.m., Christ Centered Church, 2800 Black road, Joliet. Saturday evening service consists of songs that align with the preaching of God’s word. Call 815-342-3538 or visityourc3ministry.com.
• Hebrew and Religious School – 9 a.m. to noon, Joliet Jewish Congregation, 250 N. Midland Ave., Joliet. Music with cantor Jessica. Call 815-741-4600 or visit www.jolietjewishcongregation.com.
• Rosary for the Holy Souls in Purgatory – 9:40 a.m., St. Mary Nativity Church, 706 N. Broadway St., Joliet. Call 815-726-4031.
• Contemporary Worship Service – 5 p..m.,United Methodist Church, 339 W. Haven Ave., New Lenox. Light dinner served after service. Call 815-485-8271 or visitumcnl.com.