• Will County Mobile Workforce Center – 9:30 a.m. to noon and 1 to 3:30 p.m.; also Aug. 12, Fountaindale Public Library, 300 W. Briarcliff Road, Bolingbrook. Visitwill.works or call 815-727-4444.
• OJT Orientation – 10 a.m.; also Sept. 23, Workforce Center of Will County, 2400 Glenwood Ave., Joliet. Variety of on-the-job skills available. Visit will.works or call 815-727-4444.
• Industry Orientation – 1:30 p.m., Workforce Center of Will County, 2400 Glenwood Ave., Joliet. Health care. Register at will.works or call 815-727-4444.
• Job Fair – 4:30 to 6:30 p.m.,Edward Hospital Athletic and Event Center, 55 Phelps Ave., Romeoville.
Hosted by the Workforce Center of Will County, Village of Romeoville and the Romeoville Area Chamber of Commerce. Among the positions available are: chefs, cooks, dishwashers, housekeepers, servers, food service technician, bar backs, bartenders, food runners/bussers, guest services, party host, security officers, delivery associate, sortation associate, warehouse associates, assemblers, machine operators, material handlers, project controlers, timekeeper, assistant sales service representative, garment hangers, garment sorters, loader/unloaders, service sales representatives, service supervisors, assistant to office manager, customer service representatives, customer service associates, field service technicians, forklift operators, inside salesperson, plumber apprentice, purchasing clerk, pickers/packers, production supervisor, quality control supervisors, sales engineer, sales manager, packaging worker, sanitation technician, diesel technicians, administrative staff, corporate marketing liaison, interior designers, sales associates, assistant managers, licensed hair stylists, industrial security officers, unarmed and armed bank officers, residential security officers, engineer, general laborer, maintenance manager, maintenance mechanic, production supervisor, project manager, correctional officer, corrections food service supervisor, corrections nurse, corrections social worker, corrections treatment officer, infant teacher, infant teacher assistants, preschool teacher, school age teacher, independent sales consultants, CDL drivers, printing press helpers, printing press operators, slitter operators, operations clerk, supply specialist, field service representative, financial advisers, financial professional, sales manager, customer care specialist, bus drivers, mechanic, electric pallet jack operator, reach truck operator, restaurant crew members and managers, home health aides, keypunchers, porters, stockers, anagement trainees, direct mail associates, EMT-B, medi-car driver, paramedic, after-hours client coordinator, client coordinator, regional maintenance technician, human resource specialist, warehouse/medical logistic technicians, census takers, dental assistant, dental hygienist, front desk administrator, bus monitors, school bus drivers, athletic coordinators, ance instructor, morning before school care, personal trainers, preschool teacher, STEAM program instructors, order selector, reach truck operator, warehouse supervisor, pharmacy technicians, shift leaders, personal shoppers, overnight stockers, produce workers, custodian, floor clerical associate, freight handler, general maintenance associate, maintenance technicians, power equipment operator, systems operator, staff accountant, maintenance, referees, supervisors, inbound operators, janitors, stock handlers, truck loaders and wholesale pickers; assistant product supervisor, assistant shipping supervisor, production line lead, and seasonal openings in customer service, gift wrapper, packer/shipper and machine operator.
• Citizens Against Ruining the Environment – 6 to 7:30 p.m., White Oak Lockport Library, 121 E. Eighth St., Lockport. Nonprofit. All volunteers. For information, call Ellen at 815-834-1611 or Mary at 708-204-6924.
• Electronics Recycling – 6 to 11 a.m., Lockport Public Works, 17112 Prime Blvd., Lockport. Visit willcountygreen.com.
• Industry Orientation – 9 a.m., Workforce Center of Will County, 2400 Glenwood Ave., Joliet. Manufacturing, transportation, distribution, logistics. Register atwill.worksor call 815-727-4444.
• High School Equivalency (GED) – 1 p.m.; also Sept. 19, Workforce Center of Will County, 2400 Glenwood Ave., Joliet. Visit will.works or call 815-727-4444.
• Electronics Recycling – 5 to 7 p.m., Romeoville Public Works, 615 Anderson Drive, Romeoville. For information, visitwillcountygreen.com.
• Next Steps Transition Training – 6:30 p.m., District 202 Administrative Center, 15732 Howard St., Plainfield. LaTunya Anderson from Service, Inc. of Illinois will share information about PUNS – the Prioritization for Urgency of Need for Services. Contact Dee Graves at 815-577-4023 or email@example.com.
• Will County Mobile Workforce Center – 9:30 a.m. to noon and from 1 to 3:30 p.m., Plainfield Public Library, 15025 S. Illinois St., Plainfield. Visitwill.works or call 815-727-4444.
• Illinois JobLink – 10:30 a.m., Workforce Center of Will County, 2400 Glenwood Ave., Joliet. Complete resume and search for jobs on JobLink. Register atwill.worksor call 815-727-4444.
• Will County Mobile Workforce Center – 9:30 a.m. to noon and 1 to 3 p.m., Wilmington Public Library District, 201 S. Kankakee St., Wilmington. Visit will.works or call 815-727-4444.
• Industry Orientation – 1:30 p.m., Workforce Center of Will County, 2400 Glenwood Ave., Joliet. Professional, financial, information technology. Register atwill.worksor call 815-727-4444.
• Electronic Recycling – 5 to 7 p.m., Families of Faith Ministries, Channahon. The recycling center will accept residential electronics and take up to two televisions a household. Residents must show ID.
• Bridge Builder Ambassadors training orientation – 5:30 to 7:30 p.m., JTHS Administrative Center. Dinner provided. Parents, guardians, alumni, and community members welcome to volunteer. Visit jths.org/family-resources/bridge-builders or contact Kristine Schlismann at firstname.lastname@example.org or 815-727- 6967.
• Free Mortgage Refinance Seminar – 6 to 8 p.m., NuMark Credit Union, 2380 Caton Farm Road, Crest Hill. Register at 815-729-3211 or visit numarkcu.org.
• “Canoe & Clean Up” registration deadline – Event is noon to 3 p.m., Sept. 21, Monee Reservoir. Help clean up the shoreline, roast some hot dogs, and then head out on the water in canoes to see who can scoop up the most trash in their nets. Ice cream will be available for all of the winners. Equipment provided. Prior paddling experience recommended. Ages 7 or older; $20. Register at ReconnectWithNature.org or call 708-534-8499.
• Aviation: Student Day – 9 a.m., to 1 p.m., Lewis University Airport, 1 George J. Michas Drive, Romeoville. Students can meet with experts, attend information sessions and see aircraft equipment.
• Will County Mobile Workforce Center – 9:30 a.m. to noon, Frankfort Public Library District, 21119 S. Pfeiffer Road, Frankfort. Visit will.works or call 815-727-4444.
• Successful Interviewing – 10:30 a.m., Workforce Center of Will County, 2400 Glenwood Ave., Joliet. Register at will.worksor call 815-727-4444.
• Will County Mobile Workforce Center – 1:30 to 3:30 p.m., Mokena Public Library, 11327 W. 195th St., Mokena. Visit will.works or call 815-727-4444.
• Aviation: Community Day – 10 a.m. to 4 p.m., Lewis University Airport, 1 George J. Michas Drive, Romeoville. inflatables, balloons, food, face painting, and view various aircraft including private jets, helicopters, military and commercial planes plus learn about careers in aviation. Free. Family friendly.
• Free Shred Truck and Food Drive – 10 to 11 a.m., State Rep. Margo McDermed (R-Mokena), parking lot, 11032 W. Lincoln Highway, Frankfort. Only two boxes of shreddable documents will be accepted from each vehicle. No electronics will be accepted for recycling or disposal. Call 815-277-2079.
• “River Shoreline Cleanup" – 9 to 11 a.m. Sunday, Sept. 22, Four Rivers Environmental Education Center, Channahon. Celebrate “World Rivers Day” by collecting small and large debris accumulated at the water’s edge. Dress for the weather and for getting dirty. Wear waterproof footwear. Free; ages 14 or older. Register by Thursday, Sept. 19, at ReconnectWithNature.org or call 815-722-9470.