• 27th Annual Pumpkin Fest – 10 a.m. to 6 p.m. Sept. 28 through Oct. 31 (including Columbus Day), Siegel’s Cottonwood Farm located at 17250 S. Weber Road, Lockport. General admission tickets include more than 30 unlimited attractions, including five play areas, tire mountain, farm animals to pet and feed, Siegel’s Sports Zone, duck races, Trolley, Spooky Spiral, hayrack ride, u-pick pumpkin field, haunted barn, train rides and two cornfield mazes. Visit OurPumpkinFarm.com.
• The Photography of the late William Uznanski – Lemont Center for the Arts Gallery, 1243 State St., Suite 101, Lemont. Work spans more than 25 years. Exhibit runs through Oct. 27. Email firstname.lastname@example.org 630-243-7375.
• Self-paced 'Woods Walk' program – Through Nov. 30, Hikers who complete seven of 10 designated trails at the Forest Preserve District of Will County will receive a collector’s medal. This year's trail trips vary in length from 0.7 to 3.47 miles. For information and log, visitbit.ly/woodswalk2019.
• Woodworking Club – 9 to noon., also Sept. 23; and 1 to 3 p.m., Thursdays, Senior Services of Will County Main Office, 251 N. Center St., Joliet. For information, visit willcountyseniors.org/events or call 815-723-9713.
• Line Dancing: Advanced – 10 to 11:30 a.m.; also Fridays and Sept. 23, Senior Services of Will County Main Office, 251 N Center St., Joliet. No partner required. For beginner classes and more information, Visit willcountyseniors.org/events or call 815-723-9713.
• Wendy’s Cruisers – 5 to 9 p..m; also Sept. 23, Wendy’s, Morris. Weather permitting. Antique vehicles, live music, Contact Ken at 815-942-2032 or email@example.com.
• Golden Agers – Noon to 4 p.m., Senior Services of Will County Main Office, 251 N. Center St., Joliet. Play cards and dice. Visit willcountyseniors.org/events or call 815-723-9713.
• Midwest Crossroad Chorus of Sweet Adelines International – 7 p.m., Trinity Christian School, 901 Shorewood Drive, Shorewood. Call 866-588-7464 or visit
• (art) INSPIRED! live lit Birthday Bash– 6:30 p.m., Public Landing Restaurant, 200 W. 8th St., Lockport, Musician Harold McCay followed by five storytellers.Amy Burrows, partnered with artist Joe Hadamik; Lisa Colleen, partnered with artist Mary T. Ehrler; Patrick Curtin, partnered with artist Mary N. Carnahan; Amy Curtis, partnered with artist Barbara Eberhard; Eunice Jarrett, partnered with artist Robert Ryan. Visit inspiredlivelit.com.
• Three Rivers Gardening Angels Monthly Meeting – 7 p.m., Channahon United Methodist Church, 24751 W. Eames St., Channahon. Speaker: Becky Sanders. Topic: “The Good, the Bad and the Ugly- Bugs in Your Garden." Refreshments. Guests and new members welcome. Visit Three Rivers Gardening Angels Facebook page.
• Bike the Bridge" registration deadline – Event is 10-11:30 a.m., Oct. 5, Forked Creek Preserve – Ballou Road Access, Wilmington. 5-mile bike ride on the Wauponsee Glacial Trail and learn about the trail and its geological name. The ride includes a short break at Rivals Lookout Park and a discussion of the history of the Kankakee River railroad bridge. Free; ages 8 or older. Register ReconnectWithNature.org or call 815-722-9470.
• "The Legacy Continues" – 9 a.m. to 9 p.m. daily through Oct. 25, Lewis University,Oremus Fine Arts Center, Brent and Jean Wadsworth Family Gallery, Romeoville. Exhibit by Chicago Society of Artists. Gallery reception is 7 to 7 p.m. Oct. 17. Email Natalie Swain, art gallery coordinator, at firstname.lastname@example.org.
• Golden Age Club – Noon to 2 p.m., 1811 S. Lawrence Ave, Lockport. Buffet lunch followed by Bingo. Age 50 and up. Call 815-838-1183.
• 2019 Pink Heals JT Volleyball Fundraiser – 4 p.m., Joliet West High School, located on 401 N. Larkin Avenue in Joliet. Raffles, 50/50 tickets. Pink Heals shirts are $12. Free admission with price of shirt or $5. Benefits Pink Heals Joliet Chapter to raise awareness and funds for those battling cancer in the Joliet community.
• Pre-NaNoWriMo event – 6 to 8:30 p.m., Joliet Public Library, 150 N. Ottawa St., Joliet. In preparation for “NaNoWriMo,” 11 published members of the WriteOn Joliet writers’ group will offer advice about their writing in their genres, and starting, crafting and publishing a book. Free. Drop-in. Visit writeonjoliet.com.
• Scarecrow Decorating Contest dead line – Scarecrow frames for the decorating contest can be picked up at PARC, 24550 W. Renwick Road, Plainfield. $15. Drop off at PARC by Oct. 3. with voting taking place at Autumn Family Fun Fest. For more information, visit ow.ly/aT2J50w4A8V.
• Autumn Colors Craft Show – 9 a.m. to 3 p.m., Romeoville Recreation Center, 900 W. Romeo Road.100 booths. Free admission and parking. Come early for the Tumbleweeds gymnastics team pancake breakfast. Girl Scout Troop 70155 bake sale. Concessions..
• Apple Jam – 10 a.m.; also 1 and 5 p.m., Oct. 5, Billie Limacher Bicentennial Park and Theatre, 201 W. Jefferson St., Joliet. High energy, comedic dance party for kids. $5. Concessions. Call 815-724-3761 or vist bipark.org.
• Friends of the Joliet Public Library Fall Book Sale – 4 to 8 p.m. (members of Friends only, but public may join at the door); also 9 a.m. to 4 p.m., Oct. 5; and 1 to 3 p.m., Oct. 6, Joliet Public Library, 3395 Black Road, Joliet. Visit jolietlibrary.org.
ª Auditions for "The Drunken Gnome" – 7 p.m., Billie Limacher Bicentennial Park and Theatre, 201 W. Jefferson St., Joliet. Age 18 and up. Call 815-724-3761 or visit bipark.org.
• Hayride of Horror and the Curse of the Bayou – 7 to 10 p.m., every Friday and Saturday in October, Dellwood Park, Lockport. Haunted maze, movies, line entertainment. Concessions. Visit hayrideofhorror.com or curseofthebayou.com. For more information, visit lockportpark.org or call 815-838-1183.
• “The Fall of the House of Usher” – 7:30 p.m. (Fridays and Saturdays) and 2 p.m. (Sundays). Fridays, Saturdays, Sundays through Oct. 13, Morris Theatre Guild, 516 W. Illinois Ave., Morris. For tickets and information, visit morristheatreguild.org.
• Rubber Stamp & Scrapbook Sale – 9 a.m. to 1 p.m., Grace United Methodist Church
1718 Avalon Ave., Joliet. Limited vendor spaces may be available. Contact Contact Barb Fisher at 815-726-7419 or 815-325-1624 or email at email@example.com.
• Autumn Family Fun Fest – 1 to 4 p.m., Eaton Preserve, 23601 W. 135th St., Plainfield. Hayrides, a prairie maze, inflatables, face painting, games, crafts. Children who pre-register can also pick a pumpkin from the pumpkin patch inside the prairie maze. Vote for scarecrows competing in the Plainfield Parks Scarecrow Decorating Contest. Ages 2 and up with responsible adult. Visit ow.ly/aT2J50w4A8.
• Bike Share Site Ribbon-Cutting Ceremony – 1 p.m. One-hour, guided interpretive fall colors hike at 1:30 p.m., Midewin National Tallgrass Prairie, Iron Bridge Trailhead, Wilmington. First 50 guests receive free commemorative T-shirt. All will receive a souvenir pin and a coupon to try out the bike share program. RSVP to firstname.lastname@example.org.
• Art of Illinois artist reception – 6 to 8 p.m., Gallery Seven, Gaylord Building, 200 W. 8th St., Lockport. Free and open to the public. Refreshments. Visit galleryseven.net.
• Auditions for "Playwright's Fest" actor pool – 6:30 p.m., Billie Limacher Bicentennial Park and Theatre, 201 W. Jefferson St., Joliet. Teens and adults. Call 815-724-3761 or visit bipark.org.
• "Home Free" – 8 p.m., Rialto Square Theatre, 102 N. Chicago St., Joliet. American a cappella group of five vocalists. For tickets, visit RialtoSquare.com.
• Cultural Arts Event registration deadline – Event is Oct. 8, Will County Farm Bureau, 100 Manhattan Road, Joliet. Registration, with coffee and breakfast treats is 9 to 9:30 a.m. Catered lunch is $15. Barbara Sudgen and Ron Vargason will speak of their travels and experiences in India. Judging for members' creative art and crafts. Guests welcome. Call Gail at 815-725-3897.
ª Auditions for "The Gnome Show" – 2 p.m., Billie Limacher Bicentennial Park and Theatre, 201 W. Jefferson St., Joliet. Wee folklore comes to life in holiday tradition. Call 815-724-3761 or visit bipark.org.
• "Whose Line Anyway?" – 7 p.m., Rialto Square Theatre, 102 N. Chicago St., Joliet. 90 minutes of hilarious improvised comedy and song all based on audience suggestions. For tickets, visit RialtoSquare.com.
• "A Night With Janis Joplin" – 7:30 p.m., Rialto Square Theatre, 102 N. Chicago St., Joliet. A musical journey celebrating Janis Joplin and her biggest musical influences. For tickets, visit RialtoSquare.com.