• 27th Annual Pumpkin Fest – 10 a.m. to 6 p.m. Sept. 28 through Oct. 31 (including Columbus Day), Siegel’s Cottonwood Farm located at 17250 S. Weber Road, Lockport. General admission tickets include more than 30 unlimited attractions, including five play areas, tire mountain, farm animals to pet and feed, Siegel’s Sports Zone, duck races, Trolley, Spooky Spiral, hayrack ride, u-pick pumpkin field, haunted barn, train rides and two cornfield mazes. VisitOurPumpkinFarm.com.
• Count Kuhajda's Haunted Haus 2019 – 1112 N Nicholson St., Joliet. Free front and backyard walk-through haunt. 30 characters, many animated ,and a graveyard of hand-built tombstones all built by us. The front yard features traditional Halloween themes, the side yard features a demon bar with an introduction from the bartender. The backyard haunt is devoted to Universal classic films and science fiction, and also features animated house band "The Dead Beats." Kid friendly. No actors. Donations accepted for 1Pet1Vet. Visit Count Kuhajda's Haunted House on Facebook.
• Domum Diaboli Haunted House – 411 Brook Forest Ave., Shorewood. Visit Domum Diaboli Haunted House on Facebook.
• Hayride of Horror and Curse of the Bayou – 7 to 10 p.m., Fridays and Saturdays in Lockport. Hayride, outdoor movies, haunted maze. Concessions available. Tickets can be purchased at hayrideofhorror.com or curseofthebayou.com.
• Hellgate Haunted House – Lockport. Visit hellsgate.com.
• Stateville Haunted Prison – 17250 S. Weber Rd. Lockport. 44 terrifying rooms, more than 200 convicts and creatures and over 40 minutes locked inside the prison. Visit statesvillehauntedprison.com.
• The Photography of the late William Uznanski – Lemont Center for the Arts Gallery, 1243 State St., Suite 101, Lemont. Work spans more than 25 years. Exhibit runs through Oct. 27. Emaillemontcenterarts@gmail.comor 630-243-7375.
• Self-paced 'Woods Walk' program – Through Nov. 30, Hikers who complete seven of 10 designated trails at the Forest Preserve District of Will County will receive a collector’s medal. This year's trail trips vary in length from 0.7 to 3.47 miles. For information and log, visitbit.ly/woodswalk2019.
• Woodworking Club – 9 to noon., also Oct. 14 and 1 to 3 p.m., Thursdays, Senior Services of Will County Main Office, 251 N. Center St., Joliet. For information, visit willcountyseniors.org/events or call 815-723-9713.
• Line Dancing: Advanced – 10 to 11:30 a.m.; also Fridays and Oct. 14, Senior Services of Will County Main Office, 251 N Center St., Joliet. No partner required. For beginner classes and more information, Visit willcountyseniors.org/events or call 815-723-9713.
• Wendy’s Cruisers – 5 to 9 p..m; also Oct. 14, , Wendy’s, Morris. Weather permitting. Antique vehicles, live music, Contact Ken at 815-942-2032 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
• "A Night With Janis Joplin" – 7:30 p.m., Rialto Square Theatre, 102 N. Chicago St., Joliet. A musical journey celebrating Janis Joplin and her biggest musical influences. For tickets, visit RialtoSquare.com.
• "The Legacy Continues" – 9 a.m. to 9 p.m. daily through Oct. 25, Lewis University,Oremus Fine Arts Center,Brent and Jean Wadsworth Family Gallery, Romeoville. Exhibit by Chicago Society of Artists. Gallery reception is 7 to 7 p.m. Oct. 17. Email Natalie Swain, art gallery coordinator, email@example.com.
• Golden Agers – Noon to 4 p.m., Senior Services of Will County Main Office, 251 N. Center St., Joliet. Play cards and dice. Visit willcountyseniors.org/events or call 815-723-9713.
• Midwest Crossroad Chorus of Sweet Adelines International – 7 p.m., Trinity Christian School, 901 Shorewood Drive, Shorewood. Call 866-588-7464 or visit
• “Trick-or-Treat in the Woods" registration deadline – Event is 7 to 8 p.m. and 8:30 to 9:30 p.m., Oct. 11, and Oct. 12, Plum Creek Nature Center, Crete Township. Come dressed in costume and hike along a glowing trail while looking for treats. Listen to a spooky story under the stars; enjoy a crackling fire while roasting hot dogs and s’mores. All ages; $3 per person. Children must be accompanied by a registered adult. Register at ReconnectWithNature.org or call 708-946-2216.
• Busy Beavers Craft Club – 10 a.m. to 4 p.m., Forest Preserve District of Will County’s Isle a la Cache Museum, 501 E. Romeo Road, Romeoville. Free. Ages 12 and under. Registration not required. For information, visit ReconnectWithNature.org.
• Larry Cat In Space" – 6:30 p.m., Joliet Junior College, Herbert Trackman Planetarium, 1215 Houbolt Road, Joliet. Children's show. show. Free. All shows at the Trackman Planetarium start with a trip through the current sky introducing the planets, stars and constellations. For information, call Art Maurer, planetarium director, at 815- 280-2601.
• Joliet Central Choirs 2019 Fall Concert – 7 p.m., JCHS Auditorium, 201 E Jefferson St, Joliet. Enter Door J on Eastern Avenue beginning 6:30 p.m.; auditorium opens 6:45 p.m. Free and open to the public. Ensembles performing include mixed chorus, treble ensemble, concert choir, and the Steeltones. Special guest performance by the VanderCook College of Music Collegiate Chorale. Contact Steve Pyter, choral director, at firstname.lastname@example.org.
• "Rent 20th Anniversary Tour" – 7:30 p.m., Rialto Square Theatre, 102 N. Chicago St., Joliet. An unforgettable year in the lives of seven artists struggling to follow their dreams without selling out. For tickets, visit RialtoSquare.com.
• “Why Are the Trees Painted?” registration deadline – Event is 1-2:30 p.m., Oct. 12, McKinley Woods – Kerry Sheridan Grove, Channahon, Learn why leaves change color and what colors their leaves will turn in the fall through hands-on activities and discussions. Meet at Four Rivers Shelter. Free; ages 18 or older. Register at ReconnectWithNature.org or call 815-722-9470.
• Improv Uncorked – 7 to 9 p.m., Billie Limacher Bicentennial Park and Theater, 201 W. Jefferson St., Joliet. Free. Cash bar and snacks available. Call call 815-724-3761 or visit bicentennialpark.org.
• Coffin Race (The Sequel) – Noon, Lockport. Scary soapbox derby. Be involved as a racer or spectator. Hosted by Lockport Rotary Club. Free. All ages. Visit lockportcoffinraces.com.
• Scarecrow Shindig – 4 to 6 p.m., Channahon Park District, Central Park
24856 W. Eames St., Channahon. Dress in costume or cowboy/cowgirl outfit. DJ, family dance party, hayrack ride, candy scramble. Bring clothes to make a scarecrow (straw provided). Concessions available. Visit channahonpark.org.
• Sunday Funday - Trivia Fundraiser – 2 to 5 p.m., Joliet Area Historical Museum, 204 N. Ottawa St., Joliet. Snacks, raffles, cash bat. $25 per person or $200 per table (10 people/table). Benefits Old Joliet Prison. Purchase tickets at jolietmuseum.org.
• Lyle Lovett and his Acoustic Group – 7 p.m., Rialto Square Theatre, 102 N. Chicago St., Joliet. Fuses elements of country, swing, jazz, folk, gospel and blues. For tickets, visit RialtoSquare.com.
• ABRACADABRA Live on Tour – 7 p.m., Rialto Square Theatre, 102 N. Chicago St., Joliet. Featuring five world-class magicians/illusionists/escape artists/sleight- of-hand specialists along with dancers/visual artists. For tickets, visit RialtoSquare.com.