• Holiday Toy Drive – Through Dec. 16. Drop toys off from 9 a.m. to 5 p.m., Monday through Friday and until noon on Saturday, Kevin Molloy State Farm, 816 W. Laraway Road, New Lenox. Checks and cash also accepted and will be used to purchase new clothes and toys.
• Toy Event 2019 – Nov. 8 through Dec. 13. Drop off gently used toys (including plush toys), books games and DVD videos to Grundy County Administration Building – 1320 Union, Morris, Coal City Public Library – 85 N. Garfield, Coal City, Morris Public Library – 604 Liberty, Morris, Minooka Three Rivers Library – 109 N. Wabena, Minooka, Channahon Three Rivers Library – 25207 W. Channahon Drive, Channahon, Fossil Ridge Library – 386 W. Kennedy Road, Braidwood. Call 815-941-3228.
• Toys for Tots – Drop off new toys at in Channahon: Channahon Fire Station, Coldwell Banker-Honig Bell, Kidz Korner Day Care, Kiddie Kampus Day Care and Loders Croklaan; and in Minooka: Minooka Fire Station. Dimensions Barbers and Solon and Minooka High School (south campus). Or mail check to Toys for Tots Foundation, U.S. Marine Corps Reserve Center, Company E, 4th Reconnaissance Bn, 2711 McDonough St., Joliet, Illinois, 60436. To register to receive toys, call 815-773-9960 or visit toysfortots.org.
• Woodworking Club – 9 to noon and 1 to 3 p.m., Thursdays, and Dec. 9, Senior Services of Will County Main Office, 251 N. Center St., Joliet. For information, visit willcountyseniors.org/events or call 815-723-9713.
• Line Dancing: Advanced – 10 to 11:30 a.m.; also Fridays, and Dec. 9, Senior Services of Will County Main Office, 251 N Center St., Joliet. No partner required. For beginner classes and more information, Visit willcountyseniors.org/events or call 815-723-9713.
• Wendy’s Cruisers – 5 to 9 p..m; also Dec. 9, Wendy’s, Morris. Weather permitting. Antique vehicles, live music, Contact Ken at 815-942-2032 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
• Young Artists registration deadline – Event is 4:30 to 5:30 p.m., Mondays, Dec. 9 to Jan. 13, 2020, Program Center, 10925 W. La Porte Road, Mokena. Clay, tempera paints, watercolors, abstracts. Ages 8 to 12. Register at 708-390-2401 or mokenapark.com.
• Golden Agers – Noon to 4 p.m., Senior Services of Will County Main Office, 251 N. Center St., Joliet. Play cards and dice. Visit willcountyseniors.org/events or call 815-723-9713.
• Midwest Crossroad Chorus of Sweet Adelines International – 7 p.m., Trinity Christian School, 901 Shorewood Drive, Shorewood. Call 866-588-7464 or visit
• Santa and Mrs. Claus Visit The White Oak Library – 6 to 7 p.m., White Oak Library District, 121 E. 8th St., Lockport. Photos and activities. To register, contact Jane Gardner at 815-552-4265 or email@example.com or visit whiteoaklibrary.org.
• (art) INSPIRED! live lit Birthday Bash– 6:30 p.m., Public Landing Restaurant, 200 W. 8th St., Lockport, Musician Harold McCay followed by five storytellers. Lisa Colleen, Barbara Eberhard, Phyllis Porché, Paul Teodo and Megan Wells. Visit inspiredlivelit.com.
• Lemont artist Dean Nikolay Thompson.– Noon to 5 p.m., Wednesday through Saturday and noon to 3 p.m. Sunday until Dec. 22, Gallery Seven, Gaylord Building, Lockport.
Thompson is a 1973 graduate of the Art Institute of Chicago where he majored in glass and ceramics.Entitled “From the Past to the Present” the exhibit features artwork regarding the Mexican Day of the Dead, (Día de Muertos), female figures suggestive of the paintings of Gustav Klimt and large powerful abstracts resembling the tumultuous skies of J.M.W. Turner. Free admission.
• Holiday Open House – 5:30 to 7:30 p.m., White Oak Library District, 20670 Len Kubinski Drive, Crest Hill; 121 E. 8th St., Lockport; 201 W. Normantown Road, Romeoville. Variety of activities for all ages including, craft stations, treats, holiday music, a visit from Santa and photos with Santa. Activities and treats will vary by branch. Registration not required. Visit whiteoaklibrary.org.
• Santa Photos – 6 to 11 p.m., South 20. 224 Liberty St., Morris. Santa photos available during Midnight in Morris.
“The Off-Season: Fitness for Paddlers" registration deadline – Event is 2to 3 p.m. Dec. 7, Four Rivers Environmental Education Center, Channahon. Learn tips and tricks to practice in the off-season making your transition back into paddling a more comfortable experience in the spring. Bring a yoga mat and dress in comfortable clothes. Free; ages 12 or older. Register at ReconnectWithNature.org or call 815-722-9470.
• NaNoWriMo Followup – 6 to 8:30 p.m., Joliet Public Library, 150 N. Ottawa St., Joliet. Get free writing feedback in this special roundtable gathering of WriteOn Joliet adult critique group. All genres welcome. Bring 10 to 15 copies to people can add comments. For more information, visit writeonjoliet.com.
• Lighting of the Green – 6:30 to 8:30 p.m., Breidert Green, Frankfort. Santa and Mrs. Claus, hot chocolate, cookies. Visit villageoffrankfort.com/calendar.
• Lighting of the Green – 6:30 to 8:30 p.m., Visit villageoffrankfort.com/calendar.
• Senior Capstone Exhibition and Reception – 7 p.m., Lewis University gallery, Romeoville.Artwork will be on view through Dec. 16. Visit lewisu.edu.
• PURE Yanni: Piano & Intimate Conversations – 7:30 p.m., Rialto Square Theatre, 102 N. Chicago St., Joliet. Tickets atrialtosquare.comor 800-745-3000.
• “Native Games" registration deadline – Event is 1 to 2 p.m. Saturday, Dec. 7, Isle a la Cache Museum, Romeoville. Native peoples like the Potawatomi played games as children to help develop survival skills. Come out and play ring and pin, predator and prey, Free; all ages. Register at ReconnectWithNature.org or call 815-886-1467.
• “Morning Movies" – 9 to 11 a.m., Four Rivers Environmental Education Center, Channahon. Documentary film, “Natural Born Rebels.” about animal behaviors from around the world. Discussion follows. Free; all ages. Visit ReconnectWithNature.org.
• "An Evening of Holiday Music" dinner and concert gala – 6 p.m. Dec. 6, Butterfield Country Club, Oak Brook. Smooth holiday jazz by The Clay Corso Jazz Quartet, a meal, a preferred raffle. Proceeds benefit people with developmental disabilities and mental illness who are supported by Trinity Services. For tickets, visit TrinityServices.org/ConcertGala or call 815-717-3750.
• Winter Wonderland and Hope for the Holidays food drive – 6 p.m., Edward Hospital Athletic & Event Center, 55 Phelps Ave., Romeoville. Santa arrives, light dinner provided for first 500 people. children's entertainment, crafts, moon jumps. First 400 children get photo with Santa. Visit romeoville.org.
• Dark Side of the Yule – 7 p.m., Joliet Area Historical Museum, 204 N. Ottawa St., Joliet. Christmas meets classic rock. For tickets and information, call 815-723-5201 or visit jolietmuseum.org.
• Jazz Band Fall Concert – 7:30 to 9 p.m., Joliet Junior College, Fine Arts Theatre, 1215 Houbolt Road, Joliet. JJC jazz band under direction of Rich Moore and the Minooka High School jazz band under direction of Gina Wych. JJC will perform complete set of music from the 1960 Count Basie Orchestra recording "Kansas City Suite: The Music of Benny Carter." $5 for adults. $4 for JJC faculty and staff, non-JJC students and senior citizens. $2 for JJC students. Visit jjc.edu.
• "Yes, Virginia, There is a Santa Claus – 7:30 p.m. Fridays and Saturdays; 2 p.m. Sundays, Dec. 6 to Dec. 8 and Dec. 13 to Dec. 15, Morris Theatre Guild, 516 W. Illinois Ave., Morris. For tickets, visit morristheatreguild.org or by calling 815-942-1966.
• The Drunken Gnome – 8 p.m.; also Dec. 7, Billie Limacher Bicentennial Park, 201 W. Jefferson St., Joliet. $5. For information and tickets, call 815-724-3761 or visit bicentennialpark.org.
• Trinity Christian's 5th Annual Free Christmas Craft & Vendor Fair – 8 a.m. to 2 p.m., 901 Shorewood Drive, Shorewood. Over 70 vendors, students singing Christmas carols, bake, concession stand. Accepting vendors until Nov. 16 or full. Call 815-577-9310.
• Santa Shoppe & Vendor Fair – 9 a.m. to 4 p.m., St. John’s gym, 403 N. Hickory St., Joliet. Santa Shoppe and 20 additional vendors. Deadline is Nov. 22.. Call St. John the Baptist church at 815-727-9077.
• Friends of the Library Book Nook Sale – 10 a.m. to 4 p.m., White Oak Library District, 20670 Len Kubinski Drive, Crest Hill. Visit whiteoaklibrary.org..
• Holiday Craft Fair – 10 a.m. to 3 p.m., Timbers of Shorewood,1100 N. River Road. More than 35 vendors / crafters. $25 per table and space will be provided on a first come, first served basis. Benefits Alzheimer’s Association. Visittimbersofshorewood.comor call 815-609-0669.
• Richland's Winter Bazaar – 10 a.m. to 3 p.m., Richland Elementary School, 1919 Caton Farm Road, Crest Hill. Interested crafters and vendors should contact firstname.lastname@example.org or Julie at 815-482-4021.
• Santa Visits the Library – 10 to 11:30 a.m., Coal City Public Library District, 85 N.Garfield St., Coal City. Stories photos (bring own camera), snacks, crafts, Christmas books to read. Ages 0 to fifth grade. Contact Rene Norris at 815-634-4552 ext. 110 or Rene@ccpld.org. or visit ccpld.org.
• Santa Singalong – The Promenade, Bolingbrook. Visit shoppingpromenade.com.
• Christkindl Weekend – Noon to 3 p.m.; also Dec. 8, downtown Frankfort. Various activities. Visit villageoffrankfort.com/calendar.
• 43nd Annual Festival of the Gnomes – 2 p.m.' also Dec. 8, Billie Limacher Bicentennial Park and Theatre, 201 W. Jefferson St., Joliet. $5. Refreshments available. Call 815-724-3761 or visit bicentennialpark.org.
• Second Annual Free Community Children’s Christmas event at Hope UMC – 4 to 6 p.m.,2506 Caton Farm Road, Joliet. Christmas crafts, pictures with Santa, games and prizes, letters to Santa, Santa's secret workshop, cupcake walk. Call 815-436-2209.
• Homer For The Holidays – 4:30 to 7:30 p.m., Heritage Park, 14240 W. 151st Street, Homer Glen. Village light display featuring over 400 mini sparkle light strands, over 60 suspended spritzer lights, flood lights, 28 pole décors, and 21 large-scale 3D light sculptures, which will include a 32-foot double cone tree and a 20-foot hot cocoa walk through mug, with a mist that will smell like hot chocolate. Lighting of tree and Santa at 4:45 p.m. Also photos with Santa, professional caroling group, choir students, free train rides for kids and adults, photo booths, crafts, letters to Santa and pet costume contest. Visit homerglenil.org/2555/Homer-for-the-Holidays.
• Larry the Cable Guy – 5 and 8 p.m., Rialto Square Theatre, 102 N. Chicago St., Joliet. Mexican acoustic rock guitar duo. Tickets atrialtosquare.comor 800-745-3000.
• Christmas Bake Sale & Gift Shop – 9 a.m. to 3 p.m., St. John’s gym, 403 N. Hickory St., Joliet. 10 vendor spaces available. Call St. John’s religious education office at 815-727-9077.
• Joliet American Legion Band concert – 2 to 4 p.m., Dec. 9, Rialto Square Theatre, 102 N. Chicago St., Joliet. Free ticket in exchange for food donations.Bring food donations to ticket lobby between 10 a.m. and 1 p.m. Dec. 2, Dec. 4 and Dec. 6. Call 815-726-6600 or visit rialtosquare.com.
• "Sing Muses open reception – 2 to 4 p.m. Illinois State Museum, Lockport. Meet the artists.
• JTHS Orchestra & Joliet Central High School Choir Sounds of the Season Concert –
Joliet Central Auditorium, 201 E. Jefferson St., Joliet. Doors open 2:30 p.m. Admission is donations of non-perishable food. Enter off Eastern Avenue. Handicapped accessibility at the main entrance on Herkimer Avenue. Visit jths.org.
• Celtic Yuletide – 7:30 p.m., Rialto Square Theatre, 102 N. Chicago St., Joliet. Emmy nominee, Michael Londra, the Irish singer best known as the voice of Riverdance on Broadway and for his own U.S. TV special, "Beyond Celtic", presents “Christmas from Ireland” told in song, dance and the festive stories of his youth. Tickets at rialtosquare.comor 800-745-3000.