• District 202 Madrigal Dinners – Plainfield South High School: 7 p.m. Dec. 6 and Dec. 7 and at 3 p.m. Dec. 8 in the cafeteria, 7800 W. Caton Farm Road. Full dinner tickets are sold out, but pauper tickets are $5 at the door. Plainfield East High Schooll: 1:30 p.m. and 6:30 p.m. Dec. 7 and Dec. 8, cafeteria, 12001 S. 248th St. Saturday’s 6:30 p.m. dinner is sold out. $20 at bit.ly/2L1iFtx. Plainfield High School-Central Campus: 7 p.m., Dec. 13 and Dec. 14, and noon Dec. 14, auditorium, 24120 W. Fort Beggs Drive. $20 and include a multi-course meal. Visit bit.ly/34sdcDN. Plainfield North High School: Noon and 6 p.m. Dec. 14 and Dec. 15, $21 at bit.ly/2ORR27j.
• MCHS Madrigal Dinner – 6:30 p.m. Dec. 14 and 1 p.m. Dec. 15, Minooka Community High School - Central Campus. $25 for adults, $20 for seniors 65+, $20 for students 13 to 21 or children who would like to eat a full meal, $15 for children ages 12 and under. Order tickets by Dec. 9 at mchs.net. For information, call call Joann Maruszak at 815-922-3031 by Dec. 8.
• Gingerbread Decorating Contest – Through Dec. 27, Three Rivers Public Library District, 109 Wabena Ave., Minooka. Kids age 3 through 17 can show off their creations. Families provide supplies. Call 815-467-1600 or visit trpld.org.
• Nutrition Lunch – 11:30 a.m. to 12:30 p.m.; also Dec. 9, Senior Services of Will County Main Office, 251 N. Center St., Joliet. Nutrition lunch program provided by Meals on Wheels Nutrition Department of Will County. Available every Monday. For information, visit willcountyseniors.org/events or call 815-723-9713.
• Northern Illinois Food Bank Mobile Pantry – 4 to 6 p.m., New Hope Baptist Church, 509 E. Briarcliff Road, Bolingbrook. Visit tsolvehungertoday.org.
• Teen Books & Bites – 6 to 7 p.m., White Oak Library District, 121 E. 8th St., Lockport.
Grab a cupcake and talk to other readers about favorite books. Grades six to 12. Contact Maisie Iven at 815-552-4260 or email@example.com or visit whiteoaklibrary.org.
• “Martinis, Mistletoe & More” – Jacob Henry Mansion Estate, Victorian Ballroom, Joliet.
$25. Includes hors d’oeuvres, samples of signature holiday drinks, live holiday entertainment. Cash bar, raffles, cocktail competition. Visit jolietchamber.com or call 815-727-5371.
• AARP Holiday Brunch – 10:30 a.m. to 12:30 p.m., Dec. 3, Prairie Bluff Golf Club, Lockport Matt and Cynthia Gruel in their holiday cabaret, "Under the Mistletoe!" Brunch and business meeting. $15. Register at 815-838-1183.
• Gingerbread House Making registration deadline – Event is 6:30 p.m.,
Dec. 6, First United Methodist Church, 1000 S. Washington, Lockport. $3. Includes meringue, decorations and pizza. Bring one box of frosted Pop Tarts for each house you build. RSVP by Dec. 3 with the number of houses you plan to build and how many people are coming by calling 815-838-1017.
• Holiday Luncheon & Organ Concert – 11 a.m., Dec. 3, Rialto Square Theatre, 102 N. Chicago St., Joliet. Lunch in rotunda, school choirs, Joliet Area Theatre Organ Enthusiast Society will play holiday carols on the famous Barton Grand Theatre Pipe Organ. Tickets at rialtosquare.com or 800-745-3000.
• Scary Christmas – 6 to 7:30 p.m., Shorewood-Troy Public Library, 650 Deerwood Drive, Shorewood Come dressed in scary Christmas sweaters and decorate undead gingerbread men. Middle school and high school. Call 815-725-1715 or visit shorewoodtroylibrary.org.
• Candyhouse Creations – 7 to 7:30 p.m., White Oak Library, 121 E. 8th St., Lockport. Decorate a candy house with graham crackers, icing and toppings. Children of all ages.
Contact Jaci Kohn at 815-552-4265 or firstname.lastname@example.org or visit whiteoaklibrary.org.
• Senior Coffee – 9:30 to 10:30 a.m., Shorewood-Troy Public Library, 650 Deerwood Drive, Shorewood. Networking refreshments. Visit shorewoodtroylibrary.orgor call 815-725-1715.
• Senior Coffee – 10:30 a.m. to noon, New Lenox Public Library, 120 Veterans Parkway
New Lenox. Learn about upcoming library events. Age 55 and up. Call 815-485-2605 or visit newlenoxlibrary.org.
• Bingo and Bites – 11 a.m. to noon, Big Pauly’s Wood Fired Pizza, 15412 S. Route 59, Unit 114, Plainfield. Adults. Call 815-436-6639 or visit plainfieldpubliclibrary.org.
• Nailed It! Marshmallow Art Edition – 6 to 7 p.m., Joliet Public Library, 3395 Black Road, Joliet. Create a snowman or reindeer using marshmallows. Grades seven to 12 or ages 13 to 18. Call 815-846-6500 or visit jolietlibrary.org.
• Book Bites: Teen Edition – 6:30 to 7:30 p.m., White Oak Library District, 20670 Len Kubinski Drive, Crest Hill. Read and recommend favorite titles. Refreshments. Grades seven to 12. Contact Nic Mitchel at 815-552-4296 or email@example.com or whiteoaklibrary.org.
• Sweet and Savory Book Club – 6:30 to 7:30 p.m., White Oak Library District, 20670 Len Kubinski Drive, Crest Hill. This month: "Jamie Oliver's Christmas Cookbook." Truffles demonstration. 815-552-4280, email Faith Healy at firstname.lastname@example.org or visit whiteoaklibrary.org.
• Cooking Demo - Winter Desserts – 7 to 8:30 p.m.,Fountaindale Public Library District, 300 W. Briarcliff Road, Bolingbrook. Recipes and samples provided. Adults. Call 630-759-2102 or visit fountaindale.org.
• CoffeeCake and Crime – 9:30 a.m. to 10:30 a.m., Frankfort Public Library District, 21119 S Pfeiffer Road, Frankfort. Featured book: "The Life We Bury" by Allen Eskens. Call 815-534-6173 or visit frankfortlibrary.org.
• Fish Fry – 11 a.m. to 9 p.m.; also 4 to 8 p.m. Saturdays, Knights of Columbus Council 4400, 1813 E. Cass St., Joliet. Fish, chicken and shrimp. Carryout. Call 815-723-3827.
• Fish Fry – 4 to 7:30 p.m., Cantigny VFW Post 367, 826 Horseshoe Drive, Joliet. Call 815-722-5398.
• Fish Fry – 4 to 7:30 p.m., Croatian Cultural Club, 1503 Clement St., Joliet. Baked or fried cod, shrimp, catfish or chicken breast served with tossed salad, French fries or parsley potatoes along with bread and butter. Carryout available. Music starts 7:30 p.m. Call 815-723-3154.
• Fish Fry – 5 p.m., Harry E. Anderson VFW Post 9545, 323 Old Hickory Road, New Lenox. Call 815-485-8369 or visit vfwpost9545.org.
• Free Pancake Breakfast – 8 to 10 a.m.,First Presbyterian Church, 805 Western Ave., Joliet. Everyone welcome.
• Breakfast with Santa and the Grinch – 8:30 to 10 a.m. and 11 a.m. to 12:30 p.m., Prairie Bluff Golf Club, Lockport. Share breakfast with Santa, visit with Santa. make a craft and listen as Santa reads a story. Bring own camera. All adults and children must register. Call 815-838-1183.
• Cookie Walk – 9 a.m., Channahon United Methodist Church, 24751 W. Eames St., Channahon. $13 a bucket or 2 buckets for $25 and each bucket is approximately two pounds. Event ends when cookies are gone. Call 815-467-5275.
• Holiday Open House – 9 a.m. to noon, DuPage Medical Group Field, Hall of Fame room, Joliet. Christmas cookies, candy, coffee, hot chocolate bar, ornament and sugar cookie decorating stations. Bring a toy for the Boys and Girls Club of Joliet. Merchandise and memberships available for purchase. Call 815-722-2287 or visit jolietslammers.com.
• Cookie Walk – Noon to 3 p.m.; also Dec. 8, Downtown Frankfort. Each ticket allows you to come Saturday or Sunday and collect a festive, individually wrapped holiday cookie at up to 25 downtown Frankfort merchants. Also hot chocolate stations and visit with Santa. Call 815-469-3356.
• “Hallelujah” Soup Supper – 4 to 6:30 p.m., Coal City United Methodist Church, 6805 E. McArdle Road, Coal City. Stuffed green pepper and chicken noodle soups. Includes choice of soup, a sandwich, crackers, a beverage, ice cream and dessert. Carryout available. $9 (ages 13 and up), $4 (ages 6 to 12), $2 (ages 3 to 5). Children age 2 and under eat free. Benefits church building fund. Tickets sold at door.
• Holiday Pancake Breakfast – 8 to 11 a.m., Lockport VFW, 1026 E. 9th St., Lockport. Breakfast, visit Santa, bake sale, raffle baskets. $7 at door, $6 in advance. Kids 4 and under are free. Email email@example.com for discounted tickets.
• Hope for the Holidays – 11 a.m. to 2 p.m., NAWS Humane Society of Illinois
9981 W 190th St Ste A, Mokena. Purchase a container and fill it with as many cookies and holiday treats as it will hold, Adoptable pets, festive music , hot cocoa bar, raffles. Visit nawsus.org.
• Book Lovers Party – 10 to 11 a.m. and 7 to 8 p.m., Shorewood-Troy Public Library, 650 Deerwood Drive, Shorewood Bring your favorite book wrapped for a book exchange a la yankee swap style. Cookies and cocoa will be served. Adults. Call 815-725-1715 or visit shorewoodtroylibrary.org.